Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question regarding Houston Nutt

Started by sugartownhog, November 24, 2007, 06:34:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sugartownhog

OK, I am a self avowed Houston Nutt supporter but I do not want to get into a back and forth argument with ya'll.  I will respect all of ya'lls comments.  Here is my question.

Lets say the choice is made to retain Coach Nutt sign him to an extension and he wholeheartedly accepts.  There is no chance that he is not the HC at Arkansas for some time.  Would those of you who are 100% against him simply accept this and begrugedly, if nothing more, support the team AND coach? 

I guess I am asking if Nutt is the coach next season and indefinently in the future will the fanbase reunite?

Again, I appreciate all comments and please read and respond to this post with the same attitude and mentality that it was written.

Go Hawgs!!!

RazorNick

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

Quote from: salebow on November 27, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.

hayesnjess

Never.  If he is offered a raise and extension, I will not pull for arkansas until he is gone.
Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on June 01, 2008, 02:13:24 pm
Cornhole her when she's on the leg curl machine.  She will know you mean business then.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

DSW

Yes, I will support the team, its coaching staff and its players regardless of who is our HC, just like I have for 37 years of my life.

huntindoc

If he is still coach I'm out.  Furthermore I'm not sure I'll be back when he does leave or retire.

hd

JBucc

Quote from: hayesnjess on November 24, 2007, 06:36:03 pm
Never.  If he is offered a raise and extension, I will not pull for arkansas until he is gone.
What he said. The only reason I rooted for us the last two weeks is because I trust those here who says he's leaving.
Read the guidelines for signature images.

Hawgvillain

Nope.  You have to understand how this man gets under our skin.  He is not smart.  He has no class.  He's not a good coach.  It comes through every time you see him on the field - every time he does an interview.  The hatred will not stop until he's gone.

Have fun continuing to support mediocrity.

bigredone

I will pull against any team coached by Nutt in the future.

hogsgrl09

Quote from: huntindoc on November 24, 2007, 06:37:56 pm
If he is still coach I'm out.  Furthermore I'm not sure I'll be back when he does leave or retire.

hd

...wow....
what a fan
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

Old Tusk

The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

yankee233

NO WAY !!!!!  He is not coming back.  He is going to try and fill his pockets and then he will leave.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

I don't think I can see any way that Nutt can come back and the fanbase reunite. Well, I take it back I can see one. Since we are talking in fantasy land terms, I'll add to it some. If Nutt for sure comes back and we go undefeated next year and win the NC, it will unite the fans. Some here will say, "No way, I'll still hate him and want him fired." They are fooling themselves. Wins heal all, and the LSu win is just a small example of what wins can do to the vast majority of fans. If we all of a sudden went out and won 12 or 13 straight and win a BCS bowl, I promise all is forgiven for 99.9% of the fans. Of course, this will no happen so it does not matter.

razornole

nope it hasn't been about w's (not enough anyway) in a year
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

hogsruletheworld

TJ Betz
Gravette, AR

Hawgndaaz

No. I am about to graduate from the UofA and enter the work force. However, my money will be donated to more banners, ads, billboards, or whatever else it takes to rid our program of that man.

bartonbear

I'm a Hog fan for life! However I found myself not caring whether we won or lost this year. This man has taken my passion for the Hogs from me. If he is retained, I will no longer attend games and will not renew my tickets. I only kept my tix this year b/c of DMC, Felix, & Hillis.

hoghearted

Quote from: huntindoc on November 24, 2007, 06:37:56 pm

hd

Ditto.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

The Pulse

No. I can never knowingly support cancer.

JTS90001

HERE YOU GO, THIS IS SIMPLE, DOES THE ANALOGY WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER ANSWER YOU QUESTION? WE DID NOT START THIS. HOW LONG MUST A GROUP OF FANS, WHICH ARE RIGHT BY THE NUMBERS, IN PRINCIPLE, AND IN THE SPIRIT OF THINGS BE RELEGATED TO HAVING THIS CHUMP COME BACK AND MEDIOCRE IT UP FOR ANOTHER YEAR. THE DEAL IS HERE, YOU ARE THE ONES THAT REFUSE TO ACCEPT THE REALITY OF THE SITUATION. WHY SHOULD WE SPEND ONE MINUTE OR SECOND ENTERTAINING THIS POSTERBOY OF MEDIOCRITY AFTER A TEN YEAR STINT THAT HAS PRODUCED NOTHING OTHER THAN A COUPLE OF GOOD WINS THAT IN THE END KEEP YOU STAGNATE, CONSERVATIVE, BLIND PEOPLE HANGING ON AS IF YOU ARE PREPARED TO SAY THIS IS AS GOOD AS WE CAN DO. I BEG TO DIFFER! WE CAN DO A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT BETTER. AT LEAST WITH CHANGE WE DO NOT BECAOME STALE AND STAGNATE AS A WHOLE, AS YOU ALL ARE NOW, AND ADD TO THE STINCH THAT HAS STUNK UP THE DAMN PLACE ALREADY. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! WAKE UP!

raz96

Nope, I will be done with the this mess till integrity returns.  I rooted this year for anything to get him out, next year, I'll spend my efforts somewhere else.

You huggers have a great time holding your boy on a pedastal - let's see how that looks next year when we struggle to win 4 games. 
Desert redneck 😎

Hawg_Heaven

Pecos Hog

It will be like a riot if he is allowed to remain here.   Simply stated - He MUST leave/move on.   No way this fan base unites with him as coach.    

And why do fans have to support the coach AND the team anyway?    It's supposed to be ALL about the team, isn't it?   But, not so with Nutt.    He has to be right there up front to lead "his" team through the "A" and be in the spotlight...but not dare share the blame.     Well, after 10 years of mediocrity and no BCS it's time for him to be held accountable.    He hasn't gotten it done.   His time is up.      

jrfan

No way, if fact if he stays I will never be back!!!

the wife

I feel a coach should have at least an inch (or is that 1/12th of a foot) of integrity and class. Nutt does not. He can't even admit when he does wrong, which is something anyone should be able to do. He blames everyone else when things are bad and takes all the credit when things are good.

big john

dont come over here rubing your nutt in our face please leave are you nutts by all ready . >:(
john goodwin

sugartownhog

I have no idea what you just said? 

007 License To Squeal

No.  If Nutt stays, I'm out after 40 years......and I'll have my Razorback tattoo removed.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

razorbrass

No.  I can't spend money on Razorback Football knowing that the leadership is morally bankrupt.  That would be like buying gas with knowing money was going to terrorists .... Never mind
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

HolcombeHog

Those of you who say you will not support the team as long as Nutt is here are not REAL Razorback fans.  Let me use this analogy: I hate President Bush, but I still support this country and the troops overseas.  It's not that hard to support a team regardless of who the coach is.

usnavyhogfan

The dream is free, the journey is not.

007 License To Squeal

People like you are completely happy with a win like this EVERY 10 FREAKING YEARS!! You are happy with Nutt's .500 SEC record after 10 years.  You are happy that we haven't won an SEC Championship.  You are happy with the fact that we haven't been to a BCS bowl.  You are happy with the fact that we haven't beaten Florida even once.  You are happy that Nutt ran off the highest rated HS player in state history.  You are happy that his ego wouldn't allow Gus to use his talents here.  You are happy that his wife wanted to be part of an assault.  You are happy with the fact that he has told lie after lie to the fans .  You are happy with a 29% bowl win record.  You are happy as with the fact that Nutt had rings made for an imaginary championship.  You are happy as an "also ran".
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

ChicagoHawg

HangTenHog

I will never support Nutt!

And, I'll work to change the minds of those of you guys that say your out....I got an idea...lets continue fighting! Take back the flag of the Hogs for integrity, decency, and morality.

AND...lets take the program away from folks that expect and worship mediocity!!!!

WPS

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

This year was the last chance.  If Nutt's here next year, I'm not.

Honey

Quote from: sugartownhog on November 24, 2007, 06:34:11 pm
OK, I am a self avowed Houston Nutt supporter but I do not want to get into a back and forth argument with ya'll.  I will respect all of ya'lls comments.  Here is my question.

Lets say the choice is made to retain Coach Nutt sign him to an extension and he wholeheartedly accepts.  There is no chance that he is not the HC at Arkansas for some time.  Would those of you who are 100% against him simply accept this and begrugedly, if nothing more, support the team AND coach? 

I guess I am asking if Nutt is the coach next season and indefinently in the future will the fanbase reunite?

Again, I appreciate all comments and please read and respond to this post with the same attitude and mentality that it was written.

Go Hawgs!!!

I think we have reached a point where it would be impossible to unify the fan base if Nutt stays.  And the fan base is where the money really comes from.  We buy the shirts and assorted razorback goo-gah, we buy the food at the games, we buy the tickets, we donate to the programs.  Some people feel passionately enough about him leaving that they will literally pull their financial support to make a point to the BOT and the PTB.  His salary comes from the support of the fans.

Would I support the razorbacks if he stays?  Tough question.  I look forward to razorback season like some people look forward to hunting season.  I live in great anticipation for it to get here especially this season we just ended.  Man oh man, it was going to be a great one and we were going to kick some major SEC arse.  What a let down and there isn't enough prozac in the world to make it feel better.

But, I love my razorbacks so I guess when it came down to it, I would still be watching the games and rooting for them and more than likely I would still be calling for his dismissal (and contributing to the banners).

hoghearted

Quote from: HolcombeHog on November 24, 2007, 07:08:16 pm
Those of you who say you will not support the team as long as Nutt is here are not REAL Razorback fans.  Let me use this analogy: I hate President Bush, but I still support this country and the troops overseas.  It's not that hard to support a team regardless of who the coach is.

Uh, wrong. We support, or don't support, our leaders with our votes.

Since there is no true voting by fans, our feet, i.e. money, donations, tickets, attendance, is our 'vote'.

Don't tell others how to be a 'real' fan. No one gave you that authority.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

lazyj70

November 24, 2007, 07:15:42 pm #39 Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 07:17:52 pm by lazyj70
I have rooted for the Hogs all of my life and will continue to do so regardless of who the coach is!  I have a feeling when next year rolls around a lot of you will be in the stands.

The Pulse

Quote from: sugartownhog on November 24, 2007, 07:04:10 pm
I have no idea what you just said? 

Don't mind Coach Orgeron. He's just upset that he's being fired.

sugartownhog

Ha!  That was funny!  Yaaayaaayaayaa!  FOOTBALL!!!

navy_hawg

Go Hawgs!!!
I will support him if he is still the coach.  If not, I will support the next guy.  As far as the fan base uniting if he stays, who really cares if this bunch of idiots reunites.  I will be back in Arkansas next year after I retire from the Navy, so there should be plenty of season tickets available.

razorbass

Always supported the team, But Nutt no chance in well you no where.

drj

here's a novel idea, how about all the folks that are sick of Nutt and wont support a Nutt coached team at Arkansas go find another team and quit talking about this one??? If you hate it so much quit talking about it

Honey

Quote from: drj on November 24, 2007, 07:22:05 pm
here's a novel idea, how about all the folks that are sick of Nutt and wont support a Nutt coached team at Arkansas go find another team and quit talking about this one??? If you hate it so much quit talking about it

I've been a razorback fan for more years than you've probably been breathing.  We all have the right to say and feel what we do so give up on running any of us off.  We're not going anywhere.

hogfanmatt72212

Go Hawgs!!!

I am a supporter of coach Nutt also. I do not think these message board people will ever except Coach nutt until he wins a national championship and many won't then. but the good thing is the message boarders are in the minority of the full fan base. Most people I talk to out in public are behind Nutt

East Clintwood

Absolutely not.

I'm in my 50's.  I've been a Razorback fan my whole life.  I gave up on the Nuttster 4-5 years ago.  I quit buying tickets 3 years ago.  I went to my last game 2 years ago and I no longer wear, much less buy, Razorback items.   I don't understand people that can support this mediocrity that Houston brings to the program.  We can do so much better than that.  He has to go.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Frank and Swine

No.  I can't stand his ass and will not support him, which means I cannot support the team until he is gone.  As the PA says before each game, it's Houston Nutts Razorbacks.  When it becomes Arkansas' Razorbacks I will resume buying tickets and support the team.

razorbrass

Quote from: hogfanmatt72212 on November 24, 2007, 07:25:17 pm
I am a supporter of coach Nutt also. I do not think these message board people will ever except Coach nutt until he wins a national championship and many won't then. but the good thing is the message boarders are in the minority of the full fan base. Most people I talk to out in public are behind Nutt

You should get out more
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!