Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Archie Manning on CBS Just Said !!!!

Started by HawgAlude, November 24, 2007, 12:18:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdlew

Quote from: HawgAlude on November 24, 2007, 12:18:18 pm
That Arkansas will not let Houston Nutt get away but if he does look for Ole Miss to get him... Great Ole Miss make an offer the Nutt can not refuse.....

archie knows what goes on at OM......DD said last week if the OM job opens up....HN would take the job

Boarsnest

Quote from: pigmania on November 24, 2007, 12:40:27 pm
They'll fire Dale because he quit coaching. Oh, wait he never started, sorry.

Nutt hasn't recruited at U of A either but has been able to stay employed!

hoghearted

Quote from: jdlew on November 24, 2007, 12:44:44 pm
archie knows what goes on at OM......DD said last week if the OM job opens up....HN would take the job

Be perfect for Hootie and Danny. Plenty of pretty girls to gawk at.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

upperdeck_hawg

i want him gone too, but the nutt at ole miss could be a bad deal for us in recruiting. i can see him stealing 4-5 good recruits out of arkansas every year.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Boarsnest

November 24, 2007, 12:49:44 pm #54 Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 12:51:45 pm by Boarsnest
Quote from: ShirtlessinFaynam on November 24, 2007, 12:42:17 pm
Makes sense to me.  Jevan Sneed, a blue chip QB that transferred in from the Longhorns, will be eligible next year.  What would be a better place for Nutt to go then a place where he can handcuff a 5 star QB.

Sneed better transfer again if HDN heads there or get a unlisted email account! or Fat Bastard's sister TP will be sending emails to him!

LoseAnutt

November 24, 2007, 12:53:17 pm #55 Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 12:56:49 pm by LoseAnutt
yall are right about archie manning being a god in oxford. if he really said this, then the big money folks in oxford will do whatever possible to get our nutts.

Boarsnest

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on November 24, 2007, 12:48:27 pm
i want him gone too, but the nutt at ole miss could be a bad deal for us in recruiting. i can see him stealing 4-5 good recruits out of arkansas every year.

He won't be a threat there! hell he can't get them to come to Fayetteville now!

Rascal

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: HogChampion on November 24, 2007, 12:50:23 pm
no. he doesn't get them now.

he'll have a big impact in recruiting in and around central arkansas
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

hogus maximus

We will finally have that blood hatred rival in the SEC. It should be called the E-MAIL BOWL. The trophy will be a big bronze dork that goes to the winner!!!! This will be fun to watch!!! :razorback:
All non-believers stand aside in fear! A new day marches through the dawn!!

jdlew

Quote from: BAC Spy on November 24, 2007, 12:25:52 pm
No, the "huggers" support Nutt because he is the head coach of the program. If Nutt goes, they will remain Razorback fans.

Unlike the Darksiders, who switch allegiances due to their their unnatural man-love for Gus Malzahn and Mitch Mustain.

yes I am a Hog Hugger.....not a Nutt Hugger,Gus Hugger,or MM Hugger.....just hang with us Darksiders and we will show you how a REAL FAN supports the program

HognotinMemphis

I have no idea if Ole Miss would be interested in Nutt but if he somehow ended up there, I would be laughing about it for years to come. Nutt would have a much worse record there than he's had at Arkansas. That would be the career-killer move for Nutt. I doubt his agent would let him take that job unless he has no options.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Boarsnest

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on November 24, 2007, 12:55:28 pm
he'll have a big impact in recruiting in and around central arkansas

I just don't see it! I am friends with the Helm's family HDN didn't recruit Brett until the last hour, Green reported the same thing about his recruitment by HDN! HDN is to busy trying to score with news anchors than recruit. I am sorry I should have said charity work!

hogfan47

Quote from: BAC Spy on November 24, 2007, 12:25:52 pm
No, the "huggers" support Nutt because he is the head coach of the program. If Nutt goes, they will remain Razorback fans.

Unlike the Darksiders, who switch allegiances due to their their unnatural man-love for Gus Malzahn and Mitch Mustain.

You my friend have just said a mouth full
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

jdlew

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on November 24, 2007, 01:01:19 pm
I have no idea if Ole Miss would be interested in Nutt but if he somehow ended up there, I would be laughing about it for years to come. Nutt would have a much worse record there than he's had at Arkansas. That would be the career-killer move for Nutt. I doubt his agent would let him take that job unless he has no options.

just admit it....you don't really want to play against Nutt at OM.....what are going to say about the new coach when WE lose to OM

Rascal

Quote from: jdlew on November 24, 2007, 01:05:29 pm

just admit it....you don't really want to play against Nutt at OM.....what are going to say about the new coach when WE lose to OM

Nutter would be horse whipped at Ole Miss

Highway Hog Sign

Quote from: Jerry Swine-feld on November 24, 2007, 12:21:24 pm
yeah i heard it... archie is a moron

Archie's not an idiot; he's just not aware of the situation here in Arkansas.

Nutt will leave after he and the University come to terms on a compensation package.  It could be this week but most likely it'll be after our bowl game.  There is an SEC job and three Big 12 jobs open already, (although he won't be considered for the Nebraska job).  It'll be best for all parties involved if he leaves at the end of this season.  I wish him the best.  He was a good coach and a good man.
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

hoghearted

Waiting until after the bowl game is too late. Too many coaching vacancies to consider. This thing needs to be settled soon. Within the next 2 weeks or so. JMO.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

granny grunt

Anyone got an email address for Archie?   I would love to send him a message.  I'll name my next grandchild after him if he will take the Nutt to Oxford!!!!

BigMikehogg

HAHA not only did they fire Cutcliffe......they let Tubervill get away to Auburn as well.....maybe we can ship him as far away as possible......can we trade coaches with Hawaii?

CWAYHAWG

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on November 24, 2007, 12:48:27 pm
We're already losing the top in state recruits every year.  See Broderick Green, Ryan Mallett, Kodi Burns, Lee Ziemba, Jonathan Adams, etc, etc, etc.

rljjr

Rumor has it the President is NOT a Nutt fan.

Dances With Hogs

HDN, Please go to Ole Miss and please take the MSM with you.
Quote from: claycohog on November 24, 2007, 12:28:29 pm
HDN is a total moron if he goes to Ole Piss.  If he thinks the SEC is tough while at Arkansas wait until he tries to recruit against Miss St. and Southern Miss for talent in the state.  I think the rest of the SEC recruits Mississippi pretty well also.

Austin Hogcaller

Why do you guys have some much hate. You wouldn't support anyone after one game.

ckhawgu

HawgAlude

Quote from: Austin Hogcaller on November 24, 2007, 03:50:26 pm
Why do you guys have some much hate. You wouldn't support anyone after one game.

Another nutt hugger bandwagon troll to make the day even better.

I jumped off the Nutt bandwagon after the Nebraska flirtation. Your coach is a fool and I hope you follow him to wherever he ends up....

AnthroHog

Only problem with Nutt going there is we'd be his new Tuberville.  That would be the game that he'd have circled every year and he'd get the Rebels jacked up to play the school that mistreated their coach.  I wonder how long he'd coast on Orgeron's recruiting before things went bad down there.  We all know they aren't afraid of firing a coach.

I just don't think he'd be that good at stealing recruits out of Arkansas because so many Arkansas high school coaches have soured on him.

Broken Trigger

We ought to take donations for a "Hire Houston" fund for Ole Miss.  Maybe if we all kick in we can help get him to his rightful home.  I am sure that would also help our future recruiting in Mississippi.   

Quote from: AnthroHog on November 24, 2007, 03:52:31 pm
Only problem with Nutt going there is we'd be his new Tuberville.  That would be the game that he'd have circled every year and he'd get the Rebels jacked up to play the school that mistreated their coach.  I wonder how long he'd coast on Orgeron's recruiting before things went bad down there.  We all know they aren't afraid of firing a coach.

I just don't think he'd be that good at stealing recruits out of Arkansas because so many Arkansas high school coaches have soured on him.
Exactly, we know that Nutt can get a team up at least once a year, and the game against Arkansas would be the super bowl for him every year. We want Nutt in another conference.

gcraise1

I told Archie dont drink the Nutt Juice it will take away your rational thinking. After hearing his comment I see he couldnt just say no. Or Dianna held a 2x4 to his head yelling " Drink the juice or I bring the wood"!

Darren DeLoach

nutt is lacking in game time decision making and his pre-week preparation is marginal at best.

he does a good job of rallying the troops though.

and he is the proverbial used car salesman.

and this is why he could succeed at ole miss.

that state is full of great athletes.

and if he can pull some from southern miss and keep those that make the jump to lsu, he could build a nice program.

his ego and other personality flaws hampered his ability in the state of arkansas, but in mississippi, he has a clean slate.

if we can get a great coach and pull in the recruits, that ole miss game could become huge.

i hope he leaves.

ole miss, baylor, a&m, or kentucky---just leave houston.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Austin Hogcaller

If Nutt goes to Miss he will be Arkansas ever year not matter who you HATTERS hire!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Austin Hogcaller on November 24, 2007, 04:22:04 pm
If Nutt goes to Miss he will be Arkansas ever year not matter who you HATTERS hire!

He will be Arkansas?

I believe nutt is the one with the bad hat...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

NEAHawgfan

What's a HATTER? Someone who wears a hat alot?

GWFan

Could you please explain to us what a "hatter" is?

grayhawg

Quote from: GWFan on November 24, 2007, 04:35:57 pm
Could you please explain to us what a "hatter" is?
When a hugger tries to spell hater maybe?

Austin Hogcaller

If Nutt goes to Miss. he will beat the Hogs every year no matter who you hatters get for a coach.... I know you will go after Jack Crow again or Danny Ford????

grayhawg

Quote from: Austin Hogcaller on November 24, 2007, 04:39:52 pm
If Nutt goes to Miss. he will beat the Hogs every year no matter who you hatters get for a coach.... I know you will go after Jack Crow again or Danny Ford????
I would like to find out. ;D   

Go to old Piss Hootie.

Broken Trigger

Quote from: NEAHawgfan on November 24, 2007, 04:34:26 pm
What's a HATTER? Someone who wears a hat alot?

Here's one for all of us mad "hatters":

Archie, start a Nutt to Ole Miss fund, I'll contribute. 

hogchic2001

He could learn to love that Rebel helmet.
Go HOGS Go!

razorbrass

Here is a question for Archie:

Would you want Houston Nutt coaching Peyton or Eli?

Now go ahead and steal him from us.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

Lady Hawg Buff

Quote from: jommojog on November 24, 2007, 04:24:36 pm
hdn will never go to ole miss.  get a grip.

But, he could be such a hero because fans are used to losing.  Sounds like a match made in heaven to me.

JShipCPA

Quote from: RedyorNot on November 24, 2007, 12:20:50 pm
Anyone know how close Archie is to the PTB at Ole Miss?

Probably is one of them...

Earl

Quote from: Austin Hogcaller on November 24, 2007, 04:39:52 pm

You are getting closer on your spelling...Keep trying, you can do it...

HawgAlude

DeltaBoy

Archie and Ole piss can have Houston NUTT!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.