Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is the worst thing that could have happened to Arkansas Football.

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, November 23, 2007, 11:39:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hogfan30 on November 23, 2007, 11:44:38 pm
you are not a razorback fan if you're not celebrating this victory!!!!  I'm so sick and tired of people getting on here just to say fire nutt. If you're not a hog fan then why even watch them play??? You're just hoping for them to lose so they'll fire nutt. It's pretty damn sad!!! I honestly feel sorry for the man and his family after going through all this. Yes, alot of it was their own fault but jeez....let it go and enjoy this!!!!! The players love him and i'm sorry.....but we have a quarterback now....whether anybody wants to admit it. Casey Dick is a player now ladies and gents.

No, what is sad is that people like you are completely happy with a win like this EVERY 10 FREAKING YEARS!! You are happy with Nutt's .500 SEC record after 10 years.  You are happy that we haven't won an SEC Championship.  You are happy with the fact that we haven't been to a BCS bowl.  You are happy with the fact that we haven't beaten Florida even once.  You are happy that Nutt ran off the highest rated HS player in state history.  You are happy that his ego wouldn't allow Gus to use his talents here.  You are happy that his wife wanted to be part of an assault.  You are happy with the fact that he has told lie after lie to the fans .  You are happy with a 29% bowl win record.  You are happy as with the fact that Nutt had rings made for an imaginary championship.  You are happy as an "also ran".

You, Sir, have very low standards.

0 SEC Titles in 10 years
0 BCS bowls in 10 years
0 wins against Florida in 10 years
38-34 SEC record after 9 years
2-5 Bowl Record(29%)
Nutt lost a HS Player of the Year
Nutt lost one of the best new offensive coaches in the Nation.
Refused to play a QB with a record of 8-0
Houston Nutt...the longest tenured Div 1 coach, at the same school, without a single BCS bowl appearance.
Houston Nutt...the most divisive figure in the history of Arkansas sports
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

hogfan1986

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 23, 2007, 11:39:43 pm
All of you celebrating this victory, you are also now officially Nutt-huggers.  You are supporting Dale and his campaign to return next season.

You are also celebrating a victory over a depleted LSU team and one that means absolutely nothing.  Another moral victory.  No championships.  Not even a decent bowl game.  NADA.

He will not leave and Long will not fire him after this win.

Enjoy another season of the Hootendale Nutterbacks.  The Razorbacks didn't exist this season and they won't again next.

Are you saying that we should be mad bc we beat the #1 team in the country?  Go root for Tulsa! Last I checked the Cotton Bowl is a pretty good bowl game.  Since we didn't exist this season I guess LSU will be in the BCS championship game.

dmac4sainthood

Beating the #1 team in the nation, on the road...is a bad thing?

Apparently, those so desperate to get rid of Nutt have forgotten, that games like this don't come around very often.

Perspective is a beautiful thing!

lilredheadedlady

All of you celebrating this victory, you are also now officially Nutt-huggers.  You are supporting Dale and his campaign to return next season.

You are also celebrating a victory over a depleted LSU team and one that means absolutely nothing.  Another moral victory.  No championships.  Not even a decent bowl game.  NADA.

Enjoy another season of the Hootendale Nutterbacks.  The Razorbacks didn't exist this season and they won't again next.

Well, as happy as I am that we beat LSU, I do have to admit they were pretty banged up.   We couldn't have beaten a healthy LSU team, but thems the breaks of football.

As to us being stuck with Houston Nutt, I think you're right.   And that really does put a sour spot on the LSU win.  Here's why I think that.

1.  While I think that win made HDN look better to prospective employers, I don't think it will be enough given the scandal surrounding him and his record (padded with cupcake wins).  I absolutely believe that Sexton is shopping him around.   HDN knows that next season is bleak with the loss of Jones and DMAC, and wants to get out of Arkansas under the right circumstances.   He knows that if he can't get a job somewhere else, he'll be fired from the Razorbacks next year. 

But here's the problem:  I think the offers that HDN will get, he's too proud to take.  And I think that the offers he wants, he won't get.   So I don't see him leaving Arkansas for another job.

2.  He won't resign and lose money.  Period.  He's an idiot, but not that big an idiot.  He'd force a firing first.

3.  He won't be fired THIS YEAR because we just beat our biggest regularly played modern day rival (and the number one team in the nation).  Doesn't matter if they were a shadow of what they could have been.  The people with the power to fire Nutt will be too divided to get the job done now.  They don't want another Nolan-like drama and will worry about justification after that win.  Too, they'll worry about how it will look to prospective replacements if they fire him now.  That win muddied the will of the PTB to fire Nutt.

So if he doesn't go somewhere else, won't resign, and won't get fired...that means we're stuck with him for another year.

I hope like heck that I'm wrong....but I am deathly afraid I'm right.  Makes me sick.  >:(

I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

judgeroyswine

Quote from: HogChampion on November 24, 2007, 03:09:49 pm
LSU victory is awesome but overall i would compare this season to the omen.

you suffer through the whole thing and just when it seems good is about to triumph at the very end the little demon child is saved and the movie ends with the little kid (HDN) with a smirk as he is holding his godfathers hand (JFB).

Okay, that made me laugh.   +1 to you.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

hogfan1986

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: WoooPigSooie on November 24, 2007, 02:25:07 am

I have to get something off my chest.

I am the stanchest of the Anti-Nuttzies, and have not liked him as our head coach since 04. 

I used to also like coming here and reading what you had to say and watching you debate Huggers and supporting your arguments with great reason and dialogue.  You were also humorous to boot.

But since you have taken on this whole "bit" about being a hugger if you don't root for Arkansas to loose, you've grown tired Notshavin.  You're schtick is old man.  Get over yourself and your hatred. 

The only thing worse than a hugger questioning my fan-dom because I don't support Houston is a fellow Anti-Nutty questioning it because I don't root for the Hogs to loose.

Get rid of Houston yesterday-but root against the Hogs I cannot do.

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 24, 2007, 03:01:43 pm

I never questioned you or any other poster's fan-dom.  Don't put "words" in my posts.

You havent said that the huggers were the ones hurting the program, and thus were the ones that werent true fans?  If so, then you have said that I'm not a fan because I didnt root for the hogs to loose against LSU.
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

claytongray

Consumed by hatred.

claytongray

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on November 24, 2007, 03:21:04 pm
Well, as happy as I am that we beat LSU, I do have to admit they were pretty banged up.   We couldn't have beaten a healthy LSU team, but thems the breaks of football.

If LSU can have all of their players healthy, can we get Monk, Cleveland, etc. at 100% too?

Jeez people, every team is banged up / missing players this time of year.

AckaBacka

Easy fella.  Just because I got excited and jumped up and down watching the Hogs win in BR does not mean that I am a Nutt supporter or enabler.  You said "officially", but I can't seem to remember when you were voted to head up the officials. I want him gone real bad, but I didn't let that prevent me from enjoying the big win.   This season overall is still a big disappointment but I am trying to just focus on McFadden's Heisman chase and any win that we can pull out.  Just the same as I don't need people in the BAC telling what I should or shouldn't think, I don't need it from you either, even though we seem to agree on most things.  What's next after you split the darksiders into opposing factions?  I can't wait to get rid of Nutt so we can all go back to being Razorback fans.   

PearlHarbor

I'm with you. Preach on brutha!

PearlHarbor

you are not a razorback fan if you're not celebrating this victory!!!!  I'm so sick and tired of people getting on here just to say fire nutt. If you're not a hog fan then why even watch them play??? You're just hoping for them to lose so they'll fire nutt. It's pretty damn sad!!! I honestly feel sorry for the man and his family after going through all this. Yes, alot of it was their own fault but jeez....let it go and enjoy this!!!!! The players love him and i'm sorry.....but we have a quarterback now....whether anybody wants to admit it. Casey Dick is a player now ladies and gents.

Congratulations! You've backed into (pun intended) the truth. By keeping houston nutt, frank, white, and the bot have fractured the fanbase to the point that LIFELONG razorback fans only watch the games to see nutt lose. As you huggers are always crying about how pitiful the state of arkansas is, how can you then logically condone the splitting of what you claim is our already weak and small fanbase?

Will you please do what you said you would and go away? We beat the number 1 team in the nation and you say that means nothing. That is stupid.

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 23, 2007, 11:43:10 pm
Then you are an ignorant fan.  Nothing wrong with that.  Ignorance is bliss.  Sometimes I wish I was that ignorant..
Don't worry, you are plenty ignorant.

studhog

"It appears that tickets are mailed with the social security checks." - Pigpenner

Boarcephus

I don't think yesterday changed anything.   Great win over a very good team but the fact remains Nutt and his family (ie. Diana) don't want to be here knowing what next year will bring.   You had banners flying, lawsuits happening, FOI letters coming so fast it really messed them up, and all that with a Heisman Trophy candidate and a talent laden team.   He knows next year the talent is gone and the fans resolve will only get worse and more personal in nature.  He does not wish to put his family through what surely awaits them because he can't win with what he has coming back and he knows it.  What this win does do is give him a stage on which to tell "haters" to jam it up their butts which he'll do every step on his way out.  Wouldn't put it past him to head to Baylor and take his staff before the bowl game just to stick it even further up our butts. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Quote from: Cavehog on November 23, 2007, 11:44:48 pm
Exactly right.  This only serves to shake up the top of the BCS standings, of which we are not and never will be under HDN, a participant.  Now we get a national embarrasment for a coach another year and the "gift" of going to Dallas to freeze our *sses off in that crappy stadium and watch OU or Texas humiliate us in a game nobody will watch on national tv. 
Then don't go to Dallas and you won't freeze (unless you mean you can't afford to heat your house, in that case it doesn't matter where we go). Plus, every week you say we are going to be humiliated so your opinion is not all that valuable.

NEAHawgfan

Then you are an ignorant fan.  Nothing wrong with that.  Ignorance is bliss.  Sometimes I wish I was that ignorant..
Not ignorant, just loyal. I can't root against the Razorbacks, no matter what the consequences may be. For the record........please let the dork go.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Oh God, it's you again!  Your take is sickening and sad.

jep_hog_fan

The HOGS won, help recruiting, Nutt could still be gone, oh, we did something that hardly ever happens - BEAT LSU AT HOME. Quit whining and savor the victory, let what happens with Nutt happen. A close loss wouldn't change anything with the PTB.

Catfish69

I am NOT a Nutt hugger because I am celebrating the victory. It was a great victory. One of the best in Arkansas history. I am happy for the players. Especially for DMAC. He deserves the heisman and this might just help him get it.

This makes Houston more valuable and should get a better deal somewhere. If he doesn't get a major deal from some college. He ain't going anywhere.

Go HOGS Go.

I hope they win the Cotton Bowl too. If Houston is leaving, he is leaving. If not, then the wins won't make any difference.

jgphillips3

+1

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 24, 2007, 12:43:46 am
LMAO, my job here tonight is done.

WPS!
At least you admit that all you really want is to stir things up and you have no true concern about the Hogs.  I suspect you spin a lot of Britni songs, since you are both attention craving whores.

rockhog

I dont give a rip how many post u have on this board or who you are,  but I could care less what u think.   The most stupid post that I've ever read!  Just b/c someone is happy about a razorback win doesnt make them nutt hugger!!!!!!    Idiot.    Go Hogs.  FIRE NUTT

wildhogman

I see you all the time putting down huggers for telling the dark siders to support the team even if they dont like the coach. I am gonna have to call you on this. Who are you to judge anyone if they are ignorant or not? Who are you to judge if they are a loyal fan or not? My grand dad told me a loyal dog will sit in the rain til he starves to death waiting on his owner to come home. A loyal fan will sit in the rain during a 2-9 season on the off chance they just might win this last game, and hoping next year will turn out different.
I think you put more stock in your hate for Nutt because of what he may or may not have done, then you put in your love for your supposed favorite team. I think Nutt sux as a coach, I could care less about the rest of the crap. I am only worried about the team and those on it. I had hopes we would have a new coach next year. Oh well, if it doesnt happen, whats one more year of suffering? We all know next year will be a repeat of 2004-2005, and he'll get canned then. But dont you dare tell me or my freinds and family we are not fans of the razorbacks. You have no right at all to judge us on that. Take care hairy friend, kharma can be a b**** and come back to bite when we least expect it.

memphishog

i want houston gone, no questions, but i dorve my happy ass to baton rouge and watched one of the best games i have ever seen live and loved every second. for you to tell me i'm a huggar because i enjoyed the moment....you are a sad jaded individual. grow up.

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

RGP

Give it a rest. We just beat the number one team in the nation and your calling people who are proud of the win huggers? Don't become so disillusional with your hatred of Nutt that you forget about the team you support.

Let Long deal with Nutt and wait to act like this until after the end of the season evaluation.

RBLtoHOG

In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

TorsinAHog

Sorry I must disagree with this post.   I feel sorry for you if you cant enjoy a good win on the road.  Some people will never be happy.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

centarkswine

I'm a Razorback fan.

I'm also celebrating this win.

I also want Nutt gone.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

November 24, 2007, 05:15:20 pm #132 Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 05:18:05 pm by notshavintilnuttgo
Quote from: TorsinAHog on November 24, 2007, 04:47:19 pm
Sorry I must disagree with this post.   I feel sorry for you if you cant enjoy a good win on the road.  Some people will never be happy.

And some will ALWAYS be happy, like yourself and the rest of the quickly growing number of huggers, whether we win championships or not.

As long as we get that "upsayut, we the number one teyum in the naytiohun today, brutha" you'll be thrilled.

Some of us just expect more that is all.  I understand your perspective, just trying to make you understand mine.

What needed to be said is that you all are now supporting Houston Nutt's campaign to return next year, all because he pulled a lucky win out of his ASS that means absolutely NOTHING.

Glad he "brought the wood".

Btw, that little conversation him and Dmac had on national TV with the wood, a reference to Mitch's mom and how Diana wishes she had killed her with a piece of wood was THE MOST classless thing I have witnessed Dale and Dmac do....and that is saying something.

Neither deserve to be remembered fondly.  Dmac will not win the Heisman and doesn't deserve it.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Quote from: centarkswine on November 24, 2007, 05:13:24 pm
I'm a Razorback fan.

I'm also celebrating this win.

I also want Nutt gone.

You can tell yourself that til you are blue in the face, but it won't make it true.  You ARE wanting Dale to stay by celebrating the win, because this win has increased his chances to stay.

THAT is a fact, brotha.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Immensehog

Shavin',

You need to seek counseling.

This thing has conusmed you.

Life is short.  Act accordingly.

TorsinAHog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 24, 2007, 05:15:20 pm
And some will ALWAYS be happy, like yourself and the rest of the quickly growing number of huggers, whether we win championships or not.

As long as we get that "upsayut, we the number one teyum in the naytiohun today, brutha" you'll be thrilled.

Some of us just expect more that is all.  I understand your perspective, just trying to make you understand mine.

What needed to be said is that you all are now supporting Houston Nutt's campaign to return next year, all because he pulled a lucky win out of his ASS that means absolutely NOTHING.

Glad he "brought the wood".

Btw, that little conversation him and Dmac had on national TV with the wood, a reference to Mitch's mom and how Diana wishes she had killed her with a piece of wood was THE MOST classless thing I have witnessed Dale and Dmac do....and that is saying something.

Neither deserve to be remembered fondly.  Dmac will not win the Heisman and doesn't deserve it.

Since I disagree with you I am now a hugger? Good lord.   

Quote from: Immensehog on November 24, 2007, 05:17:08 pm
Shavin',

You need to seek counseling.

This thing has conusmed you.

What, the TRUTH?  Nah, the truth will set you free, brotha.  I'm just telling it like it is.

I had a GREAT night last night, I went to my first NHL game, watched the Stars beat Toronto 3-1.  I had seats on the glass, had a great time with my Dad.  We saw great play as well as a fight at the end.

One of the best nights of my life in a long time.  I'm not going to let a lucky win by Dale and his Nutterbacks spoil that.

Just telling you the TRUTH, that those of you celebrating this are celebrating Dale's campaign for return next season.  That is ALL that win did, nothing else.  Correct me if I'm wrong, did we help our chances in any way to win a championship with that win?  Didn't think so.  Did we HURT them?  You better believe it.

Just watch.

Quote from: TorsinAHog on November 24, 2007, 05:21:44 pm
Since I disagree with you I am now a hugger? Good lord.  

Nope, you're a hugger because you are celebrating a win that did nothing other than help Dale.

hoghearted

Sadly, notshavin' is correct. This meaningless, though surprise win, over the #1 team in the nation, has cemented Dale's place as Head Coach.

He won't be leaving unless he chooses to. He is just prideful enough to stay, just to poke his finger in the eyes of his detractors.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Quote from: hoghearted on November 24, 2007, 05:22:58 pm
Sadly, notshavin' is correct. This meaningless, though surprise win, over the #1 team in the nation, has cemented Dale's place as Head Coach.

He won't be leaving unless he chooses to. He is just prideful enough to stay, just to poke his finger in the eyes of his detractors.

LOL, hh, don't align yourself with me, you seem like such a nice kid!

Those huggers can get personal and violent, I've got hate e-mail to prove it as well as my sig. line.

Glad I don't have a garden....

weresoclose

If you put the LSU skin-of-our-teeth win with a Cotton Bowl bid (which now we prolly will get since TN just beat KY) and the Dale (read:DMac) saves the Dale's butt by pulling out a win over a Texas school, you bet your sweet ass Hootie's not going anywhere, ever.

Reality is setting in for me....

floridahawg

well if he comes back then i will start supporting another team and i've been a fan since i was very young...thats a shame b/c i love this program but thats life

destinflhog

weresoclose may be right on.  Nutt's job might not be decided until the bowl bids come out.  All of the PTB would love to beat Texas in the Cotton Bowl.  This is a once in every 10 year opportunity.  Even their money and power can't buy that!

Unite against a common enemy and give Nutt a pass.

When do the bids go out?

TorsinAHog

HE will be gone next year. I can guarantee sexton is on the phone with all these openings.

hoghearted

Sexton may be on the phone, but when push comes to shove, Nutt will willingly hang around. Especially since there appears to be no standard of excellence by which he is judged.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

TorsinAHog

I dont think they can fire him at this point but "help" him move on is a another option.  He wont be back because he has split the state over the past 2 years.

Sao Ming

Nutt had posse spying on me in San Antonio?  They could see me high-fiving and let HDN know all about it?

I knew that mariachi band at Mi Tierra looked suspicious but dayum.

hjowsittastehaters

notshavin, do you blame your mom for allowing you to nurse off her until you were 18?  Do you enjoy trying to be the one that everyone either hates or laughs at?

Conway4Hogs

BULLCRAP!!!!!!!!   I am tickled to death for these seniors who played their butt off to win this game....Just like Hillis said  "We played this game for you"....I am a proud fan of Arkansas...I just cant stand Nutt

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 24, 2007, 05:25:05 pm
LOL, hh, don't align yourself with me, you seem like such a nice kid!

Those huggers can get personal and violent, I've got hate e-mail to prove it as well as my sig. line.

Glad I don't have a garden....
Notshavin = attention craving whore. He's loving this thread just because it makes people think about him.