Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

******Sexton says Nutt to announce plans on Monday!******

Started by BigArkyintheRock, November 23, 2007, 08:44:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigArkyintheRock

November 23, 2007, 08:44:58 pm Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 08:50:32 pm by BigArkyintheRock
Per Big Red 5th qtr on now!

Be patient!

Nice!
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

BigArkyintheRock

And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

Oliver

Quote from: BigArkyintheRock on November 23, 2007, 08:45:42 pm
WOOHOOOOO!!!!  This will be it!!

Let's just hope he isn't announcing to stay as our head coach.

oldtimerhog

Nutt is trying to trick us into thinking he is leaving.  Then he is going to throw it in our faces and stay.  This is my worst nightmare. 
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

Porkerpower

That's the news I want to hear.  Wish him well at Baylor, I guess.

That FOI threat if hovering over his head, don't forget.  Mustain hasn't.

BigArkyintheRock

Quote from: Oliver Miller on November 23, 2007, 08:46:33 pm
It has to be a new gig. No way he stays, especially with next season on the horizon. The best time for Nutt to leave is now and he and his agent know it.

oldtimerhog

Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

HawgAlude

Quote from: Oliver Miller on November 23, 2007, 08:46:33 pm

Nope wrong.... He will have to be fired or cut out of the program to get rid of him. He will not leave on his own this is his home he is an arky and as much as I dislike Houston Nutt and his coaching abilities, a lot of people feel he is a saint and where would we be without him -- I call it the George W syndrome.....

Porkerpower

So they said to expect a presser Monday?

They said this on the 5th quarter?

HognotinMemphis

Good god, men. I keep telling everyone from WilsonHog to Boomis to all of you, Nutt is gone. It was preordained a few weeks ago.

He's done. He's not going to be the head coach next week. Please, just take comfort in that and stop changing your minds based on change of wind direction.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

deucea729

Why would he wait until Monday just to announce he's staying?

He's gone.

BigArkyintheRock

Cavehog

Would Sexton be involved at all if he was going to stay?  Please God, Number One Fan of All Things Razorback, send him as a blight upon those hypocrites and Pharisees who liveth in Wacco Land, that You may once again find favor among Your chosen people...
If you never streaked down Sorority Row, caught the Bud Man twice in one night, or threw a pitcher of beer under the table when ABC came into the Hog Trough . . . you're just a wannabe.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: oldtimerhog on November 23, 2007, 08:47:37 pm
Nutt is trying to trick us into thinking he is leaving.  Then he is going to throw it in our faces and stay.  This is my worst nightmare. 
Coaches don't call press conferences to say they are staying...

dacskc

Quote from: oldtimerhog on November 23, 2007, 08:47:37 pm

If this happens, I think the flood gates open. We are gonna get bombarded with more sleazy Nutt family emails. If he wants to be outed to the few huggers left, then I say go ahead. I think that EC or MM is holding some cards that will influence this outcome.

WilsonHog

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on November 23, 2007, 08:50:19 pm
Good god, men. I keep telling everyone from WilsonHog to Boomis to all of you, Nutt is gone. It was preordained a few weeks ago.

He's done. He's not going to be the head coach next week. Please, just take comfort in that and stop changing your minds based on change of wind direction.

I didn't say he wasn't gone.

I said he won't be bought out.

I know a man with your intelligence can readily see the difference.

deucea729

...And furthermore, why would he have to announce anything if he were staying?

Big Daddy

Quote from: Cavehog on November 23, 2007, 08:51:33 pm
Would Sexton be involved at all if he was going to stay?  Please God, Number One Fan of All Things Razorback, send him as a blight upon those hypocrites and Pharisees who liveth in Wacco Land, that You may once again find favor among Your chosen people...

Amen and Amen.

judgeroyswine

I haven't changed my mind.  I am still convinced that no one on this board knows for sure and people are just making guesses.  Some will be right and some will be wrong.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Van Boarisson

Quote from: deucea729 on November 23, 2007, 08:50:44 pm
Why would he wait until Monday just to announce he's staying?

He's gone.
He will be staying. Bet on it!

JHGiunta

Would he really leave 4 million behind in annuity's?

I don't understand why he would call a presser via his agent to say that he is staying though. It doesn't make sense, but then again this is Nutt we are talking about.  Oh well, guess we have to wait and see.

nychog

Hmmmm.....wonder if the two year boost of confidence that's been rumored is being announced.....

Wild Bill Hog

This was simply a rehash of a statement from the Sexton interview on a Memphis radio station from last Tuesday.  Old news.

BigArkyintheRock

Hogsfoot

If you walk away from 2 million then you are nuts but I think he is smarter than that,I know they would have to fire me.

Eddie Goodson

If it is true they are going to give him a contract extension and he is staying, the Arkansas Razorbacks will be dead to me.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

FL_Hog_Fan

You don't call a presser with your agent to announce you aren't leaving.  Any contract extension would be announced by the U of A and Nutt.  Nutt alone means he is leaving.  It's the only thing that makes sense. 
What were we arguing about anyway?

rushhog

Nutt will NOT be fired. He has won 18 games the last two years, 7 losses. The new AD or JFB WILL NOT FIRE HIM! We fired Heath after winning 40 games and 2 straight NCAA trips...And then looked like fools (remember Dana Altman). We cannot and will not suffer through the embaraament again. IF he leaves, it will be by his own decision. 

LoseAnutt

nutts gonna leave and the program that gets him is gonna be all excited because 'nutt beat lsu in baton rouge while they were #1!'

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hawgvillain on November 23, 2007, 08:51:34 pm
Coaches don't call press conferences to say they are staying...

I thought he told us he wasn't going to Nebraska in '04 during a press conference.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Rsvlhog

Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

deucea729

Quote from: Hogsfoot on November 23, 2007, 08:54:24 pm
If you walk away from 2 million then you are nuts but I think he is smarter than that,I know they would have to fire me.

Not if you have ~$2 mil/year waiting on you at your next job.

ArkansasI

Why wouldn't A & M want him?  I think Houston would do very well.  A guy with an SEC mentality would do well for the Aggies.

Don't say Fran was an SEC guy.  He ran away from the challenge.

East Clintwood

Quote from: FL_Hog_Fan on November 23, 2007, 08:54:38 pm
You don't call a presser with your agent to announce you aren't leaving.  Any contract extension would be announced by the U of A and Nutt.  Nutt alone means he is leaving.  It's the only thing that makes sense. 

If anything about this whole situation made sense, Nutt would have been fired several years ago.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ArkansasI on November 23, 2007, 08:55:26 pm
Why wouldn't A & M want him?  I think Houston would do very well.  A guy with an SEC mentality would do well for the Aggies.

Don't say Fran was an SEC guy.  He ran away from the challenge.

What SEC mentality are you referring to?  Not his offensive mentality.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Porkerpower

Have you noticed very few hugger implants on here defending him?  Not the usual claims he's staying from the diehard implants. 

They know he's gone.  It's a good sign.

Cavehog

Quote from: deucea729 on November 23, 2007, 08:55:22 pm
Not if you have ~$2 mil/year waiting on you at your next job.

I agree.  I have never thought his ego would accept a buy out.  His ego will only allow him to leave and go coach somewhere because that is what he is "good" at.  He is not burnt out like Nolan.  Besides he has just figured out this WildHog thing, and hey, this could really take the running game to a new level!
If you never streaked down Sorority Row, caught the Bud Man twice in one night, or threw a pitcher of beer under the table when ABC came into the Hog Trough . . . you're just a wannabe.

Hawgon

Two million a year for the next five years at Baylor is worth more than the annuity and getting fired after goint 4-8 next year.

BadHog

Nutt was specifically asked if he would be here in 2008 during the post game press conference.  He did not give an answer!  I will take that as a NO! ;D
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

intoxhog

Quote from: Bubbas Bruisers on November 23, 2007, 08:55:07 pm
I thought he told us he wasn't going to Nebraska in '04 during a press conference.

Actully the press confrence didn't go down. we were all at the BAC but Nutt didn't show up. I was there with a buddy of mine that had a press pass that night.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

riccoar

Quote from: Van Boarisson on November 23, 2007, 08:52:35 pm
He will be staying. Bet on it!
Maybe on your NCAA '08 video game, but come Monday he is G-O-N-E.

The Max Swineberg 7

If he is going to Baylor, then Baylor would call the press conference.
Arkansas has too many Stepford fans.

ArkansasI

Quote from: Bubbas Bruisers on November 23, 2007, 08:59:06 pm
What SEC mentality are you referring to?  Not his offensive mentality.

I think Houston knows what it takes to win in the SEC.  For the last 2 years, we have had the talent to win at Arkansas.  Speed, speed, speed...

You are right, Houston just hasn't stayed out of his own way.  That said, I think that he could get a great running game going at A & M and do well in the Big 12.  He just won't be able to beat OU.

hog_fan

Quote from: Bubbas Bruisers on November 23, 2007, 08:55:07 pm

That was to announce a raise and extension after a public search for his services. No public search this time.

rljjr

Nutt to A&M? Hadn't thought about that one. That would be a good way to keep the Ags mediocre. I like it.

Blue35

Nutt's only plans are to be as obnoxious as he possibly can.  He has no class whatsoever.  He is a low life form from another world and Baylor or Texas AM would be a good fit for him.

Porkerpower

Play that song Jimmy Buffett.

Come Monday, it'll be alright.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 23, 2007, 08:51:53 pm
I didn't say he wasn't gone.

I said he won't be bought out.

I know a man with your intelligence can readily see the difference.

It's going to be either a negotiated firing or a non-negiotiated firing. A negotiated firing = being bought out.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

The real Hogules

He's coached his last game as the HC of the Razorbacks, all this victory did is give Nutt's future employer a false sense of security.
This victory sealed the deal with Baylor and who knows, as long as Numb Nutt doesn't get too greedy he might parlay this win into a better offer than Baylor, such as Nebraska or Texas Tech should Leach bolt Red Raider country.
I said prior to todays contest that it didn't matter whether or not we won or lost and I still feel the same way this evening.
Houston Nutt will leave Fayetteville/the UofA very soon.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!