Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Les Miles speaks about "The Golden Boot"

Started by lazyj70, November 21, 2007, 08:06:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lazyj70

November 21, 2007, 08:06:44 pm Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 09:02:02 pm by lazyj70
  Did anyone hear Les Miles on KARK 4 tonight.  He said that LSU has won the golden boot for the last 5 years and that the Arkansas game this weekend will be another great victory for LSU so they are going to look past Arkansas and get ready to the Championship game.
  I couldn't belive what I was hearing.  This is good though, it will put a lot of fire in Dmac's belly.  I hope DM and FJ run the ball right up Les Miles's a$$.  I have never heard a coach with such arrogance.  He basically said we shouldn't even play the game and just let them keep "The Boot" so LSU could get ready for the BCSCG.  Go Hogs!  Kick Les Miles A$$ all the way to Michigan!  I'm mad as he!l!  Les Miles has zero class!

I didn't hear it, but I would wager everything you have that you misinterpreted or misheard what he said.

rljjr

I didn't see it either, but Miles IS a jerk and as much as Hootie blows, it would be nice to send Les to Michigan with a loss. He couldn't coach himself out of a wet paper bag. Unfortunately our coach can't either, so it's a toss up.

lazyj70

Quote from: Karma on November 21, 2007, 08:24:15 pm
I didn't hear it, but I would wager everything you have that you misinterpreted or misheard what he said.

Put your money up Big Boy!  You would be wrong.  I had it on Tivo and watched it three times along with my wife and brother.  We all heard the same thing.  You are getting smited for questioning my intelligence.

Bill CHILL

You're born an original, so why die a copy?

lazyj70

Furthermore there is nothing to interpret.  That is what he said.  Read it and weep Les Miles Huggers!

rljjr

Hoggish1

Fire needs/should be in more bellies than just DMac.  Let's kick some Cajun A-hole Friday!

lazyj70

Quote from: Bill CHILL on November 21, 2007, 08:35:18 pm
is there a Youtube of this???

Not sure about the Youtube.  It was on KARK 4 @ 6:00

Hogs-n-Roses

He also said that he was considering selling it to buy crack for the weekend. No seriously, I think I heard that!

Michael Porkleone

A source told me that Les Miles was coming to Arkansas..

seriously. 
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

IBGPN

I heard on "The Show With No Name" that they can not find The Golden Boot. Anyone know if they found it, or if that was even true? :razorback:

okiehawg

November 21, 2007, 08:50:34 pm #12 Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 08:52:19 pm by okiehawg
They have actually only beat us the last four years, so in your face LESTICLES!

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: IBGPN on November 21, 2007, 08:49:57 pm
I heard on "The Show With No Name" that they can not find The Golden Boot. Anyone know if they found it, or if that was even true? :razorback:

It is setting in a hallway outside of Miles' office in the AD.

It's not locked up or anything.

We can easily go get it if we really want it.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

okiehawg

Quote from: Yindao on November 21, 2007, 08:52:06 pm

As long as Nutt is here stealing it may be the only way we can get it.

Quote from: lazyj70 on November 21, 2007, 08:33:25 pm

Put your money up Big Boy!  You would be wrong.  I had it on Tivo and watched it three times along with my wife and brother.  We all heard the same thing.  You are getting smited for questioning my intelligence.
Until you post it on here and I hear it myself, I do not believe Miles said LSU was going to look past Arkansas this week.

cityhog

lazyj70

Quote from: Karma on November 21, 2007, 09:07:10 pm

Until you post it on here and I hear it myself, I do not believe Miles said LSU was going to look past Arkansas this week.

I don't know how to post it from Tivo to Hogville but your getting smited again for insinuating that I would tell a lie on this forum.  I have no reason to lie at all.  So why would you think I would?  On second thought I don't even know you or give a shjt if you believe me or not.  Someone will validate my post because it was on a state wide broadcast.

missippihog

Les Miles is an arrogant A-Hole that doesn't care what he says to add fire to the rivalry because he will be coaching MEEEECHIGAN next year. Let him try a few of those bold calls with Michigan and fail and they will be running his ass out of there on a rail.

lazyj70

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on November 21, 2007, 08:46:36 pm
He also said that he was considering selling it to buy crack for the weekend. No seriously, I think I heard that!

Karma, I guess your going to tell Hogs-n-Roses he's a liar too!

okiehawg

Quote from: Karma on November 21, 2007, 09:07:10 pm

After hearing the things Miles said while at OSU, I would not be surprised one bit if he actually did say this.

rickm1976

I really hate that arrogant jerk.  However, in this case, he is probably right.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: lazyj70 on November 21, 2007, 08:06:44 pm
  Did anyone hear Les Miles on KARK 4 tonight.  He said that LSU has won the golden boot for the last 5 years and that the Arkansas game this weekend will be another great victory for LSU so they are going to look past Arkansas and get ready to the Championship game.
  I couldn't belive what I was hearing.  This is good though, it will put a lot of fire in Dmac's belly.  I hope DM and FJ run the ball right up Les Miles's a$$.  I have never heard a coach with such arrogance.  He basically said we shouldn't even play the game and just let them keep "The Boot" so LSU could get ready for the BCSCG.  Go Hogs!  Kick Les Miles A$$ all the way to Michigan!  I'm mad as he!l!  Les Miles has zero class!

Dmac won't win the Heisman, the Hogs won't win this game, and you will be disappointed you have that avatar.

Miles can say whatever he wants, he is a real coach that coaches a real team.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Hollywood_HOGan45

how do you really have to prepared for a one diminsional offense with a crappy defense that gave up over 400 passing yards to msu?

Quote from: lazyj70 on November 21, 2007, 09:35:20 pm
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on November 21, 2007, 08:46:36 pm

Karma, I guess your going to tell Hogs-n-Roses he's a liar too!
Actually I think he's calling you a liar for me. BTW, I didn't call you a liar, I said  you misheard or misinterpreted what he said.

lazyj70

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 21, 2007, 10:22:03 pm
how do you really have to prepared for a one dimensional offense with a crappy defense that gave up over 400 passing yards to msu?

Agreed, but most top notch coaches won't just come out and proclaim victory before the game is even played.  That IMO is totally classless.  I never said he wasn't a good coach or that he won't win, also he's not guaranteed a win.  They thought they were going to win in LR when the M on M happened.  He is a good coach of a great team.  No team is guarantied victory, just ask Bammer.  That's why we will all be glued to the TV come Friday afternoon.  Any Given Sunday (or Friday in this case)

jfb4ever

Did Les say Arkansas or R-kansas, kick his arrogance all the way to Mickey-gun!

/

Quote from: lazyj70 on November 21, 2007, 10:44:10 pm
how do you really have to prepared for a one dimensional offense with a crappy defense that gave up over 400 passing yards to msu?

Agreed, but most top notch coaches won't just come out and proclaim victory before the game is even played.  That IMO is totally classless.  I never said he wasn't a good coach or that he won't win, also he's not guaranteed a win.  They thought they were going to win in LR when the M on M happened.  He is a good coach of a great team.  No team is guarantied victory, just ask Bammer.  That's why we will all be glued to the TV come Friday afternoon.  Any Given Sunday (or Friday in this case)

We need to lose this game and lose badly for the sake of the program.  I hope you understand that, but you probably don't.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

PigTimePlayer

Bazzel's the only one who cares where that hideous thing is.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

okiehawg

When he was at OSU, he proclaimed victory against OU twice before the game was played, he actually won one of those.

870hogg

WILL CLINTON

November 21, 2007, 11:37:55 pm #31 Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 11:42:02 pm by WILL CLINTON
Quote from: rljjr on November 21, 2007, 08:26:26 pm
He couldn't coach himself out of a wet paper bag. Unfortunately our coach can't either, so it's a toss up.

As much as I used to agree with you, after the GUTSY calls he has made this season, which by the way we blast Nut for not making; AND the fact that he has only lost 5 games since he got to LSU, with back to back 11 win seasons, you gotta give it to the coach.  Hootie has lost 5 games in a FREAKIN SEASON 5 times and after Friday will be 6 times in 10 seasons.  60% of the time he loses at least 5 games.  Miles is a Lambo compared to a pinto (Nutt).
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Quote from: 870hogg on November 21, 2007, 11:27:23 pm
This is why I hate LSU more than Texas

Why, b/c they are both REAL football programs?

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 21, 2007, 10:19:29 pm

Dmac won't win the Heisman, the Hogs won't win this game, and you will be disappointed you have that avatar.

No he's NOT a real coach, but he is coaching a REAL team.  Miles sucks. He ran his mouth at OSU and would get whipped by Texas and OU. Now he's finally got a team that was practically handed to him.  I hate that SOB almost as much as I hate Houston Nutt

Just ask all the folks at Oklahoma State University what they thought of him.
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

taintlint

November 22, 2007, 12:03:18 am #34 Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 12:04:58 am by taintlint
Is Miles Arrogant? Sure.

You guys are missing the big picture though. Miles is just *** around. The guy has a sense of humor and is pushing your buttons. Chill. I wish we had a coach that would mispronounce teams (on purpose) and have the swagger and balls to poke some fun at people and then back it up on the field.

As far as "The Boot", it was reported by the ADG two years ago that since its stint at LSU it has become tarnished, chipped, and a heavy turd that collects dust. Saban often ****ed about even having to keep the thing.

With all of that said, LSU fans and staff are a tad on the delusional side. They have historically been a so so team. They have rode one hell of a wave the past few years but please do not let them convince you that they are the Gods they have claimed to be.

The Max Swineberg 7

I guess it really doesn't bother me if Miles said it.

I think it's better than, "We just hope to keep the game close and then try to win it in the 4th quarter."
Arkansas has too many Stepford fans.

PIGINAPOKE

The boot has been there so long, Why not just weld it in place at LSU?
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

gumby013

I have no problem with a coach who is cocky to the opposition.  Especially one who is leading the #1 team in the country.

rbbarker

Quote from: jfb4ever on November 21, 2007, 10:48:28 pm
           Did Les say Arkansas or R-kansas, kick his arrogance all the way to Mickey-gun!

I heard him say that crap on ESPN the other night...

/
de NUTT ed

lazyj70

November 22, 2007, 09:04:33 am #39 Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 09:12:05 am by lazyj70
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 21, 2007, 11:05:07 pm

We need to lose this game and lose badly for the sake of the program.  I hope you understand that, but you probably don't.

I totally understand where you are coming from, but after LM's comments I can't help but want to beat him badly which I know will probabaly not happen.  The way he talks and says "R-kansas" he is basically saying that AR is a second rate state and school.  I don't think you can fault me for wanting to stand up form my state and school, can you???

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Chad In Real Life

Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

COCHISE

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 21, 2007, 11:05:07 pm

Your opinion is flawed IMO Notshavin', if we win this weekend it will be easier for Sexton to shop Nutt to more programs.  If we lose, I think the chances of him remaining at Arkansas are increased.  Let's hope we beat the shiite out of LSU and Houston moves on, the best of both worlds.

hogman1974

November 22, 2007, 10:02:07 am #43 Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 10:08:38 am by hogman1974
That's not even a well made up lie.  If he did say something similar to that, he was joking.  Like:  "I think Dmac will only get a couple carries anyway."  NO coach in the history of coaching ANY sport would actually say:  "we are going to look past this team and get ready for the next game."  Ugh. 

Hey everybody!  I was watching the news and I saw an interview with the coach of Delaware State, and he said that after his team beats the Hogs on Saturday, he was going to punch Pelfrey in the face and take a dump on the hog at center court.  I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  I watched it with my family 3 times on Tivo, but I don't know how to post it.  But take my word for it.  He said it! 

Gimme a break.  Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving all!

vol_in_ar

Did he pronounce Arkansas as Ar- Kansas

lazyj70

Quote from: hogman1974 on November 22, 2007, 10:02:07 am
That's not even a well made up lie.  If he did say something similar to that, he was joking.  Like:  "I think Dmac will only get a couple carries anyway."  NO coach in the history of coaching ANY sport would actually say:  "we are going to look past this team and get ready for the next game."  Ugh. 

Hey everybody!  I was watching the news and I saw an interview with the coach of Delaware State, and he said that after his team beats the Hogs on Saturday, he was going to punch Pelfrey in the face and take a dump on the hog at center court.  I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  I watched it with my family 3 times on Tivo, but I don't know how to post it.  But take my word for it.  He said it! 

You my friend are a retard.  Again why would I lie about this?  Am I going to gain anything by it?  I have no beef with Les Miles.  It's just a fact and for some reason you can't accept it.  What I have gained is that I now know this board has some Les Miles Nutt Huggers.  The only reason I posted this is because it is unbelievable.  If it was the norm it wouldn't be news. How about you call KARK Channel 4 and ask them to email the clip to you and prove me to be a liar before you go shooting off your mouth!

TNRazorbacker

I hope he did say it. I want to see this game stirred up a bit. A fire needs to be lit under this game. The Texas rivalry is long gone. Arkansas needs another rivalry like like that. It's time to raise the golden boot rivalry to a new level of hate and animosity. That's what good rivalries are made of.

Bill CHILL

Quote from: Yindao on November 21, 2007, 08:52:06 pm

It's only about 220 lbs.
You're born an original, so why die a copy?

BAC Spy

Quote from: lazyj70 on November 22, 2007, 10:33:44 am
Quote from: hogman1974 on November 22, 2007, 10:02:07 am

You my friend are a retard.  Again why would I lie about this?  Am I going to gain anything by it?  I have no beef with Les Miles.  It's just a fact and for some reason you can't accept it.  What I have gained is that I now know this board has some Les Miles Nutt Huggers.  The only reason I posted this is because it is unbelievable.  If it was the norm it wouldn't be news. How about you call KARK Channel 4 and ask them to email the clip to you and prove me to be a liar before you go shooting off your mouth!

For someone with a "McFadden for President" avatar, you might not want to be throwing around the word "retard" a whole lot.

Feralhog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 21, 2007, 10:19:29 pm

Miles has made several questionable decisions this season.  Those decisions bit him vs. Kentucky.  I'll lay money RIGHT NOW, the Tigers won't be in the NC game.  Miles will do something boneheaded that will choke LSU's chances away.   
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent