Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If we don't hire BD we may regret every T-Giving

Started by TheNuttlessFrontier, November 21, 2007, 02:42:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNuttlessFrontier

November 21, 2007, 02:42:44 pm Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 04:15:42 pm by gators_fear_dmac
for years to come.  Please don't let this happen, Director Long.

http://coachingcarousel.blogspot.com/

Sorry if already been posted.

johnsonswitch

November 21, 2007, 02:42:48 pm #1 Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 02:47:15 pm by johnsonswitch
http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=2&c=704167

Yikes!
What say ye 'bout this?

Not being a hater, but could we hear from some of those whos said this was a done deal?
Curious what happened.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

lovemesomedale

no this cant be those in the know here have said he will be at Arkansas

ark30inf

I would say that this is just as I thought all along and that finally we can stop seeing the endless parade of Butch Davis posts. 

PIGINAPOKE

Quote from: ark30inf on November 21, 2007, 02:44:46 pm
I would say that this is just as I thought all along and that finally we can stop seeing the endless parade of Butch Davis posts. 

Right on!!
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

Michael Porkleone

well, guess I can take one picture off the list.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

hog_fan

Quote from: lovemesomedale on November 21, 2007, 02:44:39 pm

Actually people said he wanted to be here. They also said Jim lindsey was trying to block it. Sounds like he blocked it. Didn't this same thing happen with Billy G and Texas A & M?

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

prairiehogcompanion

As Stephen Colbert would say...."Movin' on."

Michael Porkleone

kind of.

billy G was employed at aTm and used arkansas to get a better offer before bolting on the 1st train to Lexington.
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

ark30inf

Well, then we are going to regret it because he just signed an extension with UNC and has said he is staying put.  Let the regret begin.

rzrbckfan426

Quote from: hog_fan on November 21, 2007, 02:46:52 pm

Actually people said he wanted to be here. They also said Jim lindsey was trying to block it. Sounds like he blocked it. Didn't this same thing happen with Billy G and Texas A & M?

Yes the same thing happened

navyhog24

PulledPork

and I ask again, did he sign it?

Pulled out....

Winner

It certainly appears that Butch isn't going anywhere by that article.  But a similar story came out last year that Billy G had agreed in principle with Texas A&M on a new contract and never got around to signing it on his way to Kentucky. 

coachp

Quote from: hog_fan on November 21, 2007, 02:46:52 pm

No, BCG NEVER wanted to come here!

Head Dahn Hog

This can't shock anyone.  North Carolina had to know that when they hired a coach with BD's track record, schools would come after him every year.  They're trying to protect their investment.
No excuses!  Play like a champion today!

Busta_Swines

Davis: "This should put to rest any speculation of where I'll be coaching in the future."

Sounds like he is staying put to me.

hog_fan

He has probably agreed to it and the final kinks are getting worked out.

TheNuttlessFrontier

Quote from: johnsonswitch on November 21, 2007, 02:42:48 pm

Yikes!
What say ye 'bout this?

Not being a hater, but could we hear from some of those whos said this was a done deal?
Curious what happened.

Thanks, Big Jim.

RSteele83

On ESPN radio it said it was pending until it gets reviewed by the BOT.

hog_fan

Like i said earlier many said Jim Lindsey was fighting this. Sounds to me like he won. I fear Leach is about to become our new coach.

StoernerJonesFan

Quote from: ark30inf on November 21, 2007, 02:44:46 pm

So...is Butch Davis coming to Arkansas?

(sarcasm)

Michael Porkleone

everyone has a source...and it looks like a few were totally bogus.

ark30inf

Quote from: Winner on November 21, 2007, 02:50:00 pm
It certainly appears that Butch isn't going anywhere by that article.  But a similar story came out last year that Billy G had agreed in principle with Texas A&M on a new contract and never got around to signing it on his way to Kentucky. 

I also think Davis's statement at the bottom of the article is pretty darn clear.  I don't think he is going to make a statement that clear and then back out.....and if he did he would not really be what I expected him to be.

But I guess we will have to go on with the "he might still come" threads until he actually takes the field in baby blue next season :-)

Sow’sEar

Quote from: johnsonswitch on November 21, 2007, 02:42:48 pm

Yikes!
What say ye 'bout this?

Curious what happened.

dern

The Marmot

I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

blue

hogsanity

I never thought Butch was coming, and it had nothing to do with this year.  He was waiting on this job.  When he took the NC job, i thought it was pretty clear that he either thought, or had been tod, that he would not get this job anytime soon.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Porkem

The contract extension is a cleverly designed tactic by UNC to give the impression to other schools that he is saying. 

The board has not approved it and Butch has not signed it. 

Jimmy Sexton is busy trying to negotiate the dork's contract with Baylor and waiting for UNC to close out the season against Duke before the UA deal is done.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

HogsRunWild

Arkansas Razorbacks Once Again Will Rise
Dallas Cowboys Will Make the Super Bowl this Year
Atlanta Braves are the low spenders who never win it all
Quitters never Win, Winners never quit

Busta_Swines

Only a one year extension? This doesnt seem to strong to me. Including this extension what would we have throw out there to match?

johnsonswitch

Hey guys, I know what the "coach speak" sounds like this time of year,
but I've never heard a coach be this definite with their statement.

PigTimePlayer

"This should put to rest any speculation of where I'll be coaching in the future"

Why would he say this if he still thought Ark was a possibility?  You could say a lot of nothing without going that far.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

The real Hogules

There's a difference in offering a contract extension and the coach actually signing on the dotted line.
If you don't believe me just ask an Aggie fan.
I'll wait for this to totally play out before I believe it's over and BD is staying put.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

StoernerJonesFan

Quote from: Hogapalooza on November 21, 2007, 02:56:29 pm
Quote from: Yindao on November 21, 2007, 02:54:25 pm
Only to a few short whitted simple minded post people.
This is Business.   This is fluid.  This is not yet been approved by the UNC board. 
Remember  Nick Saban?

Quote from: The Marmot on November 21, 2007, 02:56:53 pm
On ESPN as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3122494

ESPN, rivals, CBS Sportsline, and whoever else can write or print anything they want...

Everything changed when we heard:
"I will not coach at Alabama"
"I will not be the head coach at Alabama"
"Im not going to ALabama"

So until it actually happens, nothing is for certain.

PulledPork

Quote from: Hogapalooza on November 21, 2007, 02:56:29 pm
Quote from: Yindao on November 21, 2007, 02:54:25 pm
Only to a few short whitted simple minded post people.
This is Business.   This is fluid.  This is not yet been approved by the UNC board. 
Remember  Nick Saban?
remember TT at Ole Miss?

Pulled out....

jfb4ever

NO BUTCH, espn

Mr. Hog

No big deal, why would we want a good coach to come here anyway ?
Go Hogs Go!

press ham

we should have offered him big money 2 week ago. PTB BLEW IT!

Porkem

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

redbarn

It certainly sounds like Davis is staying where he is at but keep in mind that Gillispie had a new contract laying on the table when he left Texas A & M and went to Kentucky.  The fact of the matter is, Davis now knows what North Carolina has offered for him and he will now be able to compare offers from other teams.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

PaleHorse

at least look at the first couple of topics before posting.
Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

Gus the head hog

Quote from: raginwildfire on November 21, 2007, 03:02:36 pm
Now what?
GUS !!!!!! THE SAVIOR! THE ALMIGHTY! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

The Marmot

For those comparing this to Nick Saban... Saban is now thought of as a liar and a snake.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

jfb4ever

ESPN says he stays at NC

press ham

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 21, 2007, 02:59:50 pm
There's a difference in offering a contract extension and the coach actually signing on the dotted line.
If you don't believe me just ask an Aggie fan.
I'll wait for this to totally play out before I believe it's over and BD is staying put.

i thought the same thing until i read his quote. i dont think he would pill a saban. would he?