Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rotnei Clarke ( Basket Ball)

Started by Rod6275, November 21, 2007, 12:31:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Squealers

Quote from: capehog on November 21, 2007, 10:15:50 pm
whats the holdup?

Capehog, this picture is now my my desktop wallpaper!  BRILLIANT!  and Happy Thanksgiving!
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

jmark

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on November 22, 2007, 12:22:56 am
Quote from: opineonswine on November 21, 2007, 10:33:10 pm
Face it...we are a basketball school.  Suits me fine.

you are right...i have said that many times but i dont think people really realize it lol or they dont want to accept it lol if we become like Duke and just win in basketball, it will be fine by me :D

I don't mind being a basketball school.   Especially since Hooten's running a "highschool" football program.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

dougieritch

Quote from: Kitten von Clawsewitz on November 22, 2007, 09:15:09 am
So...when he plays high school ball he uses a jump shot? It's a set-shot or push shot, he doesn't even put the ball above his head or jump before he releases. He'll get that shot stuffed in his face every time in college. Look, I'm really trying not to rip on him because I see how excited some of you are about this kid but I am not impressed. Do some of you people really think he can start over Beverly? Do you believe he could guard someone like Beverly? He looks like he's running in sand. And how about that vertical? I just don't get it.

Wait and see big guy...give the kid a chance.  The people at rivals & scout think he is pretty good.
Pat Bradley wasn't a great defender but a great sooter...Pel will do some great things with this kid and if nothing else he is a solid Guard who can handle the ball and make open jumpers!

GLAD YOU'RE A RAZORBACK ROTENI!

HawgAdvocate

So...when he plays high school ball he uses a jump shot? It's a set-shot or push shot, he doesn't even put the ball above his head or jump before he releases. He'll get that shot stuffed in his face every time in college. Look, I'm really trying not to rip on him because I see how excited some of you are about this kid but I am not impressed. Do some of you people really think he can start over Beverly? Do you believe he could guard someone like Beverly? He looks like he's running in sand. And how about that vertical? I just don't get it.

No he shouldn't start ahead of Beverley. But he'll have two years after Pat leaves (if he stays all 4 years). And you can judge his technique all you want. I'll trust 30 college coaches who offered him a scholarship over your "I ownz you" judgement.

I didn't like Nicky Davis' technique. But that didn't stop him from averaging a double-double while being All-SEC his senior year now did it?
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Bohawg

Marshfieldhog

If he can be like Travis Ford( UK) or Humphrey at Florida than that's good enough for me.

COCHISE

hawgdog2005

the kid can fill it up.  I think he would be good to get

okiehawg

Quote from: dougieritch on November 22, 2007, 09:38:25 am

Wait and see big guy...give the kid a chance.  The people at rivals & scout think he is pretty good.
Pat Bradley wasn't a great defender but a great sooter...Pel will do some great things with this kid and if nothing else he is a solid Guard who can handle the ball and make open jumpers!

GLAD YOU'RE A RAZORBACK ROTENI!

If you will watch most good shooters, they usually don't jump all that high when they shoot the ball.  It is just one quick fluid motion. 

Also, his name is spelled Rotnei, not Roteni.   ;)

Well, we got Mr. Clarke.  I live in Tulsa and Rotnei had cut his choices down to ORU where his father worked, OSU, and Arkansas.  He was rated the 14th best guard prospect by some rating service.  Stan Heath visited him once and asked he shoot 100 three pointers back to back.  He made 87.  At six foot, a little short to shoot over big guards and maybe can't defend bigger guards.  Been told he lives BB and is all heart.  We need a great guard, maybe we got one.  Trouble is this kid can put it up from everywhere and we already have a shooting guard, Beverly.  Hope it works out.