Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rotnei Clarke ( Basket Ball)

Started by Rod6275, November 21, 2007, 12:31:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

805 SOCALHOG

missippihog

Hawgvillain

capehog

someone wake slick rick and randy up and tell them that a big time recruit just signed with the hogs.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 26, 2010, 03:19:41 pm
I think we should beat anyone who has ideas that we disagree with and dares to make the public.  You're right on here.
Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on April 28, 2010, 05:34:48 pm
Everyone and their dog on here turned in to dr. Phil. That's my favorite part. Everybody had advice. If I ever need advice, which is doubtful, hogville will be the last place I come for it.

Watching the rockets launch from the beach is way cool. Time for a new NASA to continue the mission. Crying shame we have a president that hates America. You people get what you deserve  #obamasfault

riccoar

tball275

razorbacker80

RickyRoma

Awesome!  We needed to hear some good news...

Welcome aboard Rotnei!

Go Hogs!

okiehawg

Quote from: missippihog on November 21, 2007, 10:25:19 pm
Quote from: okiehawg on November 21, 2007, 10:24:34 pm
HE'S A HOG!

Hasn't even been on yet.

As soon as he grabbed the hat I typed it, I was watching KTUL live, so yes, it had been on!

dirtypig

Seems like a sharp young man! Glad he's a HOG!!!

Red Tusk

slightly delayed in the rock..SaWWEEEEEEETT!!! He said he had a peace in his heart...awesome
If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

proffitthog

Now if we could get rid of Nutt, we would be all set.

sonicbob

I have to fess up and admit I was wrong about this one.  Maybe something changed this week to sway him to the hogs.  In this case however, I am very glad he decided to be a Razorback and eat some roasted crow.

Pignominious

Ray Biggers' third cousin.

BradyHolzhauer

WPS! I can't wait to see him play in our 40 minutes of Pel offense.

BradyHolzhauer

Guys, he kind of reminds me of J.J. Reddick...without the attitude.  Any thoughts?

chortle

Quote from: riccoar on November 21, 2007, 10:07:13 pm
Highlight video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9b5k_aOUaA

Ok, here's my observations:

Depsite having an ugly ass shot, the guy can stroke it.

Gonna need to hit the weights, but they will take care of that on the Hill. Can he defend? Don't know from that highlight reel.

With all that said, I am sure as hell glad we got him. We have been missing somebody that can fill it up.

Welcome aboard Rotnei. Pelphrey will make you a winner.

Sow’sEar

Getting him will be big.  We havn't had a great shooter in a while.

okiehawg

Quote from: BradyHolzhauer on November 21, 2007, 10:32:28 pm
Guys, he kind of reminds me of J.J. Reddick...without the attitude.  Any thoughts?

Reddick was 6'4'', Clarke is 6'0'', beyond that I can see some similarities.  I always liked Reddick's attitude though, he was a gamer, he got in people's heads.  Neither of them are good defensive players.

DezNuttstehsuq

Hollywood_HOGan45

Screw all the rotnei critics and McCurdy comparisons!!!! He's all HOG NOW!!!!

hognelson

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 21, 2007, 10:34:42 pm
Yeah Baby!!!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 21, 2007, 10:34:42 pm

I was a big McCurdy fan, he wasn't given a real shot with StanHeathBall.

That said, from the video I watched of Rotnei, this kid is MUCH better as far as raw talent than McCurdy was.  Not even close.  He can shoot the lights out and will end up starting for the Hogs at some point.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Sow’sEar

Glad we got him. But am I the only one who thinks he looks like someone I can take to the rack.  Kidding.  GO HOGS.

dsewell70

just the way he's always moving and the way his shot falls in that youtube clip, he reminds me of the time or two I saw Jason Gilbert when he was in high school at Mountain View. He would light up the scoreboard.

But he was only a Class A player in Arkansas, and he had a hard time adjusting. Not to mention he hardly ever got any playing time and Nolan III obviously didn't like him much.

Now don't jump all over me for comparing him to Gilbert. Not saying he's gonna turn out like that... i was just talking about first impression. Let's hope if he signs with us, it translates into a much better career than Gilbert had

jchill

Think he will light up like Al Dillard?

The_Iceman

Fortson at Point Guard

Clarke at Shooting Guard

We have Bradley and Reid all over again, only maybe better. WPS!!!!

pignatious

I gotta say to the Tulsa sports media who did not even mention Arkansas in the recruiting of Rotnei, and gave us little to no shot...you all need to start doing your damn jobs and covering Arkansas sports again like it deserves to be covered. Get your facts straight!
Freedom is never free.

Quote from: DonewithNuttless on November 21, 2007, 10:57:54 pm
Fortson at Point Guard

Clarke at Shooting Guard

Reid and Bradley???? God, I hope not.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

The_Iceman

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 21, 2007, 11:02:05 pm
Fortson at Point Guard

Clarke at Shooting Guard

it was a comparison.... I liked those two as a kid.

I fully expect the combo of Fortson and Clarke to take us deep into the tourney.

okiehawg

Quote from: DonewithNuttless on November 21, 2007, 11:04:56 pm
Fortson at Point Guard

Clarke at Shooting Guard

I fully expect the combo of Fortson and Clarke to take us deep into the tourney.

Reid is the only person I can ever remember that wore pants instead of shorts while playing basketball.   ;D

jchill

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 21, 2007, 11:09:53 pm
Fortson at Point Guard

Clarke at Shooting Guard

I'm glad you did but they SUCKED.

They were not that bad. I think during that time, the Hogs stopped getting quality big men to complement good guard play. Plus, they did not turn the ball over constantly either (I am still upset at the 32 turnovers against Providence).

SpareRib

This is great news for the basketball team.  A shootist!
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Quote from: jchill on November 21, 2007, 11:25:27 pm
Fortson at Point Guard

Clarke at Shooting Guard

They were not that bad. I think during that time, the Hogs stopped getting quality big men to complement good guard play. Plus, they did not turn the ball over constantly either (I am still upset at the 32 turnovers against Providence).

Neither of them were good enough to start for a SEC-level team.

Hogs4Ever

fanofthehog

Welcome aboard Rotnei, glad to have you!

Jacobr

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 21, 2007, 11:33:09 pm
Fortson at Point Guard

Clarke at Shooting Guard

You seriously have no fricken clue when it comes to BB.  Look up Top 5 scorers in our history and you will find Bradley's name.  Look up Top 3 in assists/steals and you will find Reid's name.

All-American's? No.  Damn good SEC level backcourt? Hell yes.  When they were seniors we won 24 games, made it to the SEC finals against UK (lost), got a #4 seed and was the last team to win an NCAA Tournament game (against Siena).

Next time try to engage the grey matter between your ears before you post.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: opineonswine on November 21, 2007, 10:33:10 pm
Face it...we are a basketball school.  Suits me fine.

you are right...i have said that many times but i dont think people really realize it lol or they dont want to accept it lol if we become like Duke and just win in basketball, it will be fine by me :D

Hollywood_HOGan45

Fortson at Point Guard

Clarke at Shooting Guard

you should stick to anti nutt posts.

because you have no freakin clue when it comes to basketball

none

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 22, 2007, 12:38:51 am
Fortson at Point Guard

Clarke at Shooting Guard

you should stick to anti nutt posts.

because you have no freakin clue when it comes to basketball

none

thanks

deucea729

Welcome aboard, Rotnei!!  We're stoked that you're a HOG!  :razorback:

rjmass

Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing you bring 19000, to their feet and helping to start rocking the Bud again.

This is a great addition to the future. 
Grandpa told me the only two things I  could control in life were my tongue and my word.   To always honor what you say and say what you honor.
He was a wise man.

HawgAdvocate

Kareem Reid was a McDonald's All-American PG who was easily a top 3 PG in the SEC during his junior and senior years.

Pat Bradley didn't have the hype coming into Arkansas that Jesse Pate, Marcus Saxson, Derek Hood, or the other new guys that came in that now infmaous recruiting class. But he left as one of the most prolific scorers in Arkansas history. Didn't he set an SEC record for 3-pointers or most consecutive SEC games with a trey or both?

To say neither was SEC level means you're either huffing gas or dumber than a box of rocks.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

chiefsfan

Fortson at Point Guard

Clarke at Shooting Guard

Reid and Bradley and patrick beverly

I like that MUCH better
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 22, 2007, 01:44:34 am

Kareem Reid was a McDonald's All-American PG who was easily a top 3 PG in the SEC during his junior and senior years.

Pat Bradley didn't have the hype coming into Arkansas that Jesse Pate, Marcus Saxson, Derek Hood, or the other new guys that came in that now infmaous recruiting class. But he left as one of the most prolific scorers in Arkansas history. Didn't he set an SEC record for 3-pointers or most consecutive SEC games with a trey or both?

To say neither was SEC level means you're either huffing gas or dumber than a box of rocks.

63 consecutive games with a 3 pointer.  Ironically Murray State of all schools ended the run.   that was right about the time that Nutt had just left their football team too...hmmm
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 22, 2007, 01:44:34 am

all time leader in three point FGs in SEC history?

yeah he sucked

averaged 14 points in every season?

sucked

dang i wish reid and bradley would have never come here.

Reid was only one of the best passers we've ever had but he clearly sucked and should have never played in the SEC.

Dugann

super super news welcome aboard our new shooter.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Boarcephus

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on November 21, 2007, 02:51:54 pm
that's because you never saw cannon whitby in high school average around 40+ points (including many points driving the lane and getting fouled)...the SEC however is another animal

So true.  I got to know Cannon at food shows when he worked for Tyson and we talked alot about basketball.  Two things he said I still remember.  1) Nolan was one big, mean sob.  He said he saw him on more than one occassion jump into the middle of one of big, badass players and threaten to whip their butt right then and there and everyone of them backed off in a hurry and 2) he was shocked in the jump in athleticism when he signed with Arkansas.    All of a sudden he was going against guys 4-5 inches taller who were faster, quicker, bigger, could jump higher than he could ever imagine.   I see Clark may experience the same thing.

Regarding Clark....have to go back to how Frank recruited when he asked about a recruit, who else wants them?  In this case, sounds like we need him.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

jchill

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 22, 2007, 07:47:03 am
Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on November 21, 2007, 02:51:54 pm
that's because you never saw cannon whitby in high school average around 40+ points (including many points driving the lane and getting fouled)...the SEC however is another animal

So true.  I got to know Cannon at food shows when he worked for Tyson and we talked alot about basketball.  Two things he said I still remember.  1) Nolan was one big, mean sob.  He said he saw him on more than one occassion jump into the middle of one of big, badass players and threaten to whip their butt right then and there and everyone of them backed off in a hurry and 2) he was shocked in the jump in athleticism when he signed with Arkansas.    All of a sudden he was going against guys 4-5 inches taller who were faster, quicker, bigger, could jump higher than he could ever imagine.   I see Clark may experience the same thing.

Regarding Clark....have to go back to how Frank recruited when he asked about a recruit, who else wants them?  In this case, sounds like we need him.

That's what this team lacked in previous years was somebody to instill the fear factor in them (I am not bashing Stan). I think Pel will do a good job of establishing who is the boss and make us a winner. Anyways, welcome Rotnei and WPS!!!!!

jchill

Quote from: Jacobr on November 22, 2007, 12:21:09 am
Fortson at Point Guard

Clarke at Shooting Guard

You seriously have no fricken clue when it comes to BB.  Look up Top 5 scorers in our history and you will find Bradley's name.  Look up Top 3 in assists/steals and you will find Reid's name.

All-American's? No.  Damn good SEC level backcourt? Hell yes.  When they were seniors we won 24 games, made it to the SEC finals against UK (lost), got a #4 seed and was the last team to win an NCAA Tournament game (against Siena).

Next time try to engage the grey matter between your ears before you post.

Thanks, if those guys would of played on the teams with Corliss or  MayDay, they would have set national records. I think Reid had to sit out the last year Corliss and Thurman played at Arkansas. Those guys were very good players, but again, they did not have all of the pieces to complement them. It was a shame that Reid, Hood, and Bradley came to Arkansas a year or two too late.