Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did anyone just hear Les Miles say he is preparing for AR-KANSAS!!!

Started by LR Hog, November 19, 2007, 06:42:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

67Hog

R-Kansas.  Goodness.

No one who went through any American school system would not learn the names of our 50 states.

I am disappointed in Michigan. I thought they were better than that.

Plus he has lived in the south for years, so he knows how to pronounce Arkansas.  He obviously has lived here long enough to learn how to pronounce Arkansas, but just as obviously not long enough to learn any manners.

By the way, the grammatical way to say his name is Fewer Miles.

Go Hogs.  Beat the illiterate Michigander.

jfb4ever

Mickey-gun Miles was displaying his arrogance. After winning(luckily) in LR last year, he said LSU was the Real Western Division Champions. When his luck an Saban's players run out he is due to lose about 8 in a row! Hope he has a season like ND in Mikey-gun.

Rev. Hog

We should pull a Muhammad Ali on LSU.  Ali kept yelling "What's my name?" while winning a 1967 decision against Ernie Terrell, who had insisted on calling him Cassius Clay.  Every time we hit them in the mouth, give them correct pronunciation.

And as far as the "Damn Yankee" comments... is there another kind?

John Futrall

Quote from: Rev. Hog on November 21, 2007, 06:31:50 am
We should pull a Muhammad Ali on LSU.  Ali kept yelling "What's my name?" while winning a 1967 decision against Ernie Terrell, who had insisted on calling him Cassius Clay.  Every time we hit them in the mouth, give them correct pronunciation.

And as far as the "Damn Yankee" comments... is there another kind?

Yeah...in Civil War terms, they're called "winners"   8) 

(smite away)

myriad_rocker

Louisana?  Don't they make tea?  I like their tea with a bit of sugar.

John Futrall

Quote from: myriad_rocker on November 21, 2007, 08:14:49 am
Louisana?  Don't they make tea?  I like their tea with a bit of sugar.

They make a pretty good hot sauce too... ;)

myriad_rocker

wbs gurl

Quote from: bburke12 on November 19, 2007, 07:47:07 pm
He's done this since he's been a head coach.  He always got under the skin of OU fans because he would say stuff like this in the summer leading up to the season and the week of the OU/OSU game.  Stoops and Miles used to get after each other through the media, OSU fans loved it, OU fans want him to rot down below.
I still want him to rot below.

HWY 7

Houston and Les remind me of those two " Grumpy Old Men" dudes running around putting cans of Sardines in each others car and chasing old skanks around the neighborhood.

phead903

I'm not from here (a transplant from Kentucky), so could someone tell me why the state is Ar-kan-saw, but people from the state are Ar-Kansans?

By the way, I'm from Louisville, which is pronounced Lou-uh-vull in Kentucky, not Louis-ville. ???

Hoggish1

Did you say Les Mil-es?  It would give me the greatest pleasure of my football viewing life to give that jerk a lickin' on Friday!

hog.goblin

Quote from: phead903 on November 21, 2007, 08:42:37 am
I'm not from here (a transplant from Kentucky), so could someone tell me why the state is Ar-kan-saw, but people from the state are Ar-Kansans?

By the way, I'm from Louisville, which is pronounced Lou-uh-vull in Kentucky, not Louis-ville. ???

Maybe that's why I get a funny look every time I say, "Ar-kan-saw-uhns."  Oh, and I thought it was "Luwee-ville?"  :)