Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Went to the Tennessee game last night at Thompson Bowling Arena...

Started by The Realist, November 15, 2007, 02:17:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Realist

I'm not so sure Arkansas has one of the top 2 basketball facilities in the SEC anymore.
Bruce Pearl has gotten the wheels going in Knoxville to turn them into a powerhouse.  They just completed phase one which is the actual arena.  Next up is new practice facilities and better concessions and restrooms. 
The remodeled Thompson Bowling Arena is one of the nicest in the country now.  Tennessee also sold out their 16,000 season tickets for the first time ever.  Really a great place to watch a game now

"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Sow’sEar

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: The Realist on November 15, 2007, 02:17:47 pm
I'm not so sure Arkansas has one of the top 2 basketball facilities in the SEC anymore.
Bruce Pearl has gotten the wheels going in Knoxville to turn them into a powerhouse.  They just completed phase one which is the actual arena.  Next up is new practice facilities and better concessions and restrooms. 
The remodeled Thompson Bowling Arena is one of the nicest in the country now.  Tennessee also sold out their 16,000 season tickets for the first time ever.  Really a great place to watch a game now

are you freakin kiddin me...the top 2 facilities in the sec is BUD WALTON ARENA & RUPP ARENA...tennessee should stick to football :D

The Realist

We are definitly top 3.  But after going to the TN game last night, Their facility is slightly above the Bud, IMO.  Can't imagine it after they remodel the outside and redo lighting, concessions, etc as planned.  Thompson-Boling is actually bigger than Rupp as well.
Also I think the layout of the facility and how it goes straight up makes for a better home court advantage with the crowd being louder. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

arkansaspanic

i bet they do have nice facilities but they don't have the decorations<banners> that we do

yraciv

TN is 3rd, but it is a very nice facility.  Didn't we just have a small renovation too?

40MINSOFHELL

yes all tennesse has in basketball are womens banners lol hmm i dont think bruce pearl made this happen, i think it was pat summit

nughaud

Since when is 16,000 facility that was overhauled better than a 20k+ Bud Walton?

eldeearr

First of all, Tennessee sold 16,000 SEASON TICKETS.  That's not the capacity.  The other night they had over 24,000 in attendance.   They changed the seats from orange to black, and those are skyboxes on one side in that picture that was posted.  The scoreboard itself cost something like 2.4 million dollars.

And these renovations are due to Bruce Pearl and the changes to Tennessee basketball.   Pat Summit is a wonderful coach with all those championships, but the changes to the Arena are mainly due to Pearl and the excitement he has ignited in a dead basketball program. 

Tennessee has a talented squad this season.  I'm a Hog fan thru and thru, but by the end of the year, we're gonna wish we had a team like that.

40MINSOFHELL

anyways Bud Walton Arena is still a million times better and by the end of the year Tennessee will wish they all of OUR BANNERS :D

eldeearr

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on November 15, 2007, 08:32:47 pm
by the end of the year Tennessee will wish they all of OUR BANNERS :D

You got that right!!  Go Hogs!!   Both teams should be pretty competitive this year.   

Hogginitall

Quote from: eldeearr on November 15, 2007, 08:28:06 pm
First of all, Tennessee sold 16,000 SEASON TICKETS.  That's not the capacity.  The other night they had over 24,000 in attendance.   They changed the seats from orange to black, and those are skyboxes on one side in that picture that was posted.  The scoreboard itself cost something like 2.4 million dollars.

And these renovations are due to Bruce Pearl and the changes to Tennessee basketball.   Pat Summit is a wonderful coach with all those championships, but the changes to the Arena are mainly due to Pearl and the excitement he has ignited in a dead basketball program. 

Tennessee has a talented squad this season.  I'm a Hog fan thru and thru, but by the end of the year, we're gonna wish we had a team like that.

I don't care how "great" their arena is, their court is still called "Pat Summitt Court".  That's sad.  I'll take "The Bud".

hawgsav1

http://www.infoplease.com/ipsa/A0105720.html

That's the ranking for the largest arenas for CBB...We're 12th :-(  But I guess it's quality..not quantity that counts.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

40MINSOFHELL

the carrier dome is actually a football stadium so that doesnt count, tennessee doesnt need that big of a stadium they are more of a football school, uhm and bud walton can get over 20,000, isnt the record 21,000??

The Realist

Quote from: nughaud on November 15, 2007, 07:35:23 pm
Since when is 16,000 facility that was overhauled better than a 20k+ Bud Walton?
They have the 2nd largest in the nation and now one of the nicest. 
Yes the court is named after Summitt, and she is actually kinda mad right now because thats not even her name anymore.  She got divorced.  Her name technically now is Pat Head. 
And if our womens team was as successful as theirs, I think our girls coach would have something named after them as well. 

It is a very nice place.  You guys are saying no way its better but you haven't been there.  I was just posting my thoughts after going to a game, pretty simple I thought.  And that is that we have some competition because Bruce Pearl is changing thanks at Tennessee. 
BTW, the basketball team at Tennessee has more enthusiasm behind it right now than football does.  Most football fans are still under the impression they aren't that good and Fulmer needs to go. 
Childs, Gregory.

40MINSOFHELL

i have been there and i have seen it on tv...dont impress me much ok if u dont win, ur arena dont mean crap

SpareRib

This is kinda like guys arguing over who has the biggest clam digger.  If they are big enough to do the job, the question is then "who is the best clam digger," not who has the biggest one.  ;D

A couple of things -  First, many of the arenas on that list are large, public multi-use facilities.  E.G.  FedEx Forum in Memphis houses the Tigers, the Grizzlies, boxing matches, rock concerts and anything else they can book.  The University doesn't own it.  They just contract to play there.  Bud Walton is ours.

Second, Bud Walton is head and shoulders over most facilities for college basketball.  Kentucky and Tennessee may seat more folks, but I don't think ours takes a back seat to anyone as a recruiting tool.

I'm glad Tennessee upgraded their facility.  If their program is on the upswing, the SEC is tougher because of it.  Competition raises everyone.

When we play the Vols this year,  I'll be watching the action on the court, not counting seats, and I'll bet any potential recruits will be doing the same thing.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

40MINSOFHELL

btw Bud Walton Arena was built in 93...and it's still the best :D

eldeearr

Quote from: The Realist on November 15, 2007, 09:17:44 pm
Yes the court is named after Summitt, and she is actually kinda mad right now because thats not even her name anymore.  She got divorced.  Her name technically now is Pat Head. 
And if our womens team was as successful as theirs, I think our girls coach would have something named after them as well. 

It is a very nice place.  You guys are saying no way its better but you haven't been there.  I was just posting my thoughts after going to a game, pretty simple I thought.  And that is that we have some competition because Bruce Pearl is changing thanks at Tennessee. 
BTW, the basketball team at Tennessee has more enthusiasm behind it right now than football does.  Most football fans are still under the impression they aren't that good and Fulmer needs to go. 
I'm not sure of the location of The Realist but I'd say we both are here in east Tennessee.  I'm about 15 miles from the Arena, and have to say The Realist has reported everything correctly.   This thread is not a competition between The Bud and Thompson-Boling Arena.  Just some comments.  Both are nice facilities.  I do hope they change the name of the basketball court, though.   Fans over here have always been proud of the women's basketball teams and have been supportive, and the men's program has been lackluster, but all that has changed.  There is a fervor for men's basketball at UT that I haven't seen in my 20 years here.

BTW, get back in touch when the Arkansas women's coach has 900 wins in his/her career. 

hawgsav1

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on November 15, 2007, 08:52:13 pm
the carrier dome is actually a football stadium so that doesnt count, tennessee doesnt need that big of a stadium they are more of a football school, uhm and bud walton can get over 20,000, isnt the record 21,000??

Our record is over 21000 but our listed capacity is about 19500

hawgsav1

Quote from: eldeearr on November 15, 2007, 09:29:43 pm

I'm not sure of the location of The Realist but I'd say we both are here in east Tennessee.  I'm about 15 miles from the Arena, and have to say The Realist has reported everything correctly.   This thread is not a competition between The Bud and Thompson-Boling Arena.  Just some comments.  Both are nice facilities.  I do hope they change the name of the basketball court, though.   Fans over here have always been proud of the women's basketball teams and have been supportive, and the men's program has been lackluster, but all that has changed.  There is a fervor for men's basketball at UT that I haven't seen in my 20 years here.

BTW, get back in touch when the Arkansas women's coach has 900 wins in his/her career. 

Why don't you get back in touch when UT has won a national championship in basketball?

mathhog

the atmosphere at Thompson Boling   SUUUUXXXXXXX

the crowd is the quietest ever

the crowd is the LEAST knowledgable about basketball - ever.  every call is a bad call, every foul is a bad foul.  at the bud, our fans will say, for example, if thomas shoves a guy but no call we say "wow! CT got away with that one haha" or if ervin blatantly traveled and is called for it  our fans say "good call..."......... at tennessee ANY foul is "CHEATING REFS".  EVERY officiating crew is "out to get Tennessee".

Bad ambience + horrible fans = SUXXXXXXXXXXX

and yes, T-B is bigger than rup.... fans had an inferiority complex so T-B was built to be JUST A BIT BIGGER than rupp... and yet, how far has UT gotten?  oh yeah, i think they got to a sweet 16 twice.  LOL!

40MINSOFHELL

BTW, get back in touch when Tennessee men's wins a national championship or atleast tries to repeat like we did in 94 and 95...hehe :D

mathhog

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on November 15, 2007, 09:35:13 pm
BTW, get back in touch when Tennessee men's wins a national championship or atleast tries to repeat like we did in 94 and 95...hehe :D

now now, i think they got to a sweet 16 once.  they had a magic season last year and won 23 games dont you remember?  LOL!

hawgsav1

You stole my line :D +1

mathhog

oh yeah, and Bruce Pearl is an AWESOME coach... 0-2 in the SECTournament, both upsets to HORRIBLE teams...  almost lost to #15 seed WINTHROP last year (lofton walked on his last second shot), only to get creamed by mighty WICHITA STATE.....  last year UT got to the sweet 16 only to blow a 20 point lead to ohio state!

BRUCE PEARL:  won the seceast but 3-4 in the postseason.  hooray!

BRUCE PEARL:  good for a mediocre year of 22 wins but CHOKES when it counts!!

i think UT released a dvd after beating Florida.  "WE BEAT THE CHAMPS OMG"  guess what at arkansas we actually want to BE the champs!

eldeearr

Quote from: hawgsav1 on November 15, 2007, 09:32:46 pm
Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on November 15, 2007, 08:52:13 pm

Our record is over 21000 but our listed capacity is about 19500

LOL  This reminds me of two men peeing off the front porch arguing about who has the greatest water thrusting power.   But like it was mentioned, as long as the job gets done.........

Since it was mentioned, here is a listing from Wikipedia:

QuoteThe men's record crowd was 25,610 for a game against Kentucky on January 21, 1989, which is also the SEC record for a regular-season game. The Lady Vols record crowd of 24,653, set at their win over archrival UConn on January 7, 2006, is also the all-time record for an NCAA regular-season women's game.

Capacity has been reduced because of the renovations.   Plus TBA is about 6 or 7 years older than The Bud.  From what I've been told, it was actually built between one of those pissing contests between Kentucky and Tennessee over who has the biggest one--arena, that is.   LOL

SpareRib

I'm not sure of the location of The Realist but I'd say we both are here in east Tennessee.  I'm about 15 miles from the Arena, and have to say The Realist has reported everything correctly.   This thread is not a competition between The Bud and Thompson-Boling Arena.  Just some comments.  Both are nice facilities.  I do hope they change the name of the basketball court, though.   Fans over here have always been proud of the women's basketball teams and have been supportive, and the men's program has been lackluster, but all that has changed.  There is a fervor for men's basketball at UT that I haven't seen in my 20 years here.

Pat Summit (Head) is absolutely awesome. There was a young lady at Memphis Central a few years ago that wanted a college scholarship and was struggling with her game.  I gave her a copy of "To The Summit," Pat's book. It's a good read.

By the way, did you see Bruce Pearl show up shirtless with body paint for one of her games last year?  The fans loved it.  Kinda like Pel getting out on the floor with the team.  Some coaches just have a sense of how to draw folks to them.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

40MINSOFHELL

maybe pearl will take over fulmer job as head coach of football since he is so big at UT now lol

eldeearr

Quote from: hawgsav1 on November 15, 2007, 09:33:35 pm

Why don't you get back in touch when UT has won a national championship in basketball?

You have me mistaken.  I am an Arkansas fan.   I just live here in Tennessee.   Check this thread and see who started making derogatory comments about the other side.   I get it.   Everyone else in the SEC sucks and Arkansas is tops in everything.   

I'm proud of Arkansas' national basketball championship in '94 and Tennessee's national championship in football in '98.  And all 7 of the ladies national basketball championships.  And on and on and on....

I follow five colleges and can root for all of them.   Arkansas always has the top spot for me.    All those schools have good things going for them.   And yes, The Bud is generally acknowledged to have the best sightlines in all of college basketball.    Are you that insecure?   

hawgsav1

Quote from: eldeearr on November 15, 2007, 09:46:33 pm
Quote from: hawgsav1 on November 15, 2007, 09:33:35 pm

You have me mistaken.  I am an Arkansas fan.   I just live here in Tennessee.   Check this thread and see who started making derogatory comments about the other side.   I get it.   Everyone else in the SEC sucks and Arkansas is tops in everything.   

I'm proud of Arkansas' national basketball championship in '94 and Tennessee's national championship in football in '98.  And all 7 of the ladies national basketball championships.  And on and on and on....

I follow five colleges and can root for all of them.   Arkansas always has the top spot for me.    All those schools have good things going for them.   And yes, The Bud is generally acknowledged to have the best sightlines in all of college basketball.    Are you that insecure?   

Well, you must have a lot of time on your hands to keep up with 5 programs.  Must make you tired jumping from bandwagon to bandwagon huh?  Hey, at least with that many teams you probably win a national championship every year!

Look, yes, UT has a bigger arena.  And it may be nicer...fine.  But we weren't the ones who brought up Pat Summit's win total and national championships and told the rest of us to get back in touch when our women's coach won 900 games.  What she's done is great and she's a fabulous coach.  I give her all the respect in the world.  And yes, Pearl has turned around Tn basketball in a way Buzz petersen couldn't.  Good for Tennessee.  They can have their nicer arena, but I'll just be satisfied with plain old Bud thank you very much...

40MINSOFHELL

lol omg thats too funny...i bet he is a lsu fan in football this year since nuttless cant wint

eldeearr

ConwayHog

Quote from: The Realist on November 15, 2007, 03:25:40 pm
We are definitly top 3.  But after going to the TN game last night, Their facility is slightly above the Bud, IMO.  Can't imagine it after they remodel the outside and redo lighting, concessions, etc as planned.  Thompson-Boling is actually bigger than Rupp as well.
Also I think the layout of the facility and how it goes straight up makes for a better home court advantage with the crowd being louder. 

Tell ya what...stick with the Tennessee arena man.  Give me the Bud anytime.  Bring it on Pearl. 

hawgsav1

Quote from: eldeearr on November 15, 2007, 09:59:01 pm
Is that the best you boys can do?

Yes sir Mr. Tennessee.  Us Arkies can't compete with the greatness that is Thompson-Boling Arena...

ConwayHog

Quote from: eldeearr on November 15, 2007, 09:46:33 pm
I follow five colleges and can root for all of them.  

Sounds like something a woman would say.

Hogginitall

I'm gonna start calling Summitt "Good Dog".

40MINSOFHELL

i hope they dont play Rocky Top everytime they score in basketball...oh man i would go insane lol

eldeearr

QuoteYes sir Mr. Tennessee.  Us Arkies can't compete with the greatness that is Thompson-Boling Arena...
You said that.  Not me.
QuoteSounds like something a woman would say.
And that sounds like something a fifth-grade boy would say.  Sorry you don't have the mental capacity to handle five at a time.
QuoteTell ya what...stick with the Tennessee arena man.  Give me the Bud anytime.  Bring it on Pearl.
Be sure to watch the game on February 13th.  Check out the arena, too.
Quotelol omg thats too funny...i bet he is a lsu fan in football this year since nuttless cant wint
I am not a "hugger" and am looking forward to a a new football coach. Try being the only Arkansas fan in a room full of Vol fans this past Saturday.   Not much fun.   

Anyone else?

eldeearr

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on November 15, 2007, 10:11:48 pm
i hope they dont play Rocky Top everytime they score in basketball...oh man i would go insane lol

I hear Wal-Mart has a sale on ear plugs.   You've got three months to buy a pair, so there's no excuse.  LOL

mathhog

hey elder, you never responded to me....  i wonder why!

wait, i know why.  because i used something we call "MATH" and "FACTS", thus proving the punyness of your precious UT.

i dont mind being ignored, just proves im right! :) LOL

Quote from: mathhog on November 15, 2007, 09:34:42 pm
the atmosphere at Thompson Boling   SUUUUXXXXXXX

the crowd is the LEAST knowledgable about basketball - ever.  every call is a bad call, every foul is a bad foul.  at the bud, our fans will say, for example, if thomas shoves a guy but no call we say "wow! CT got away with that one haha" or if ervin blatantly traveled and is called for it  our fans say "good call..."......... at tennessee ANY foul is "CHEATING REFS".  EVERY officiating crew is "out to get Tennessee".

and yes, T-B is bigger than rup.... fans had an inferiority complex so T-B was built to be JUST A BIT BIGGER than rupp... and yet, how far has UT gotten?  oh yeah, i think they got to a sweet 16 twice.  LOL!
Quote from: mathhog on November 15, 2007, 09:35:52 pm

now now, i think they got to a sweet 16 once.  they had a magic season last year and won 23 games dont you remember?  LOL!
Quote from: mathhog on November 15, 2007, 09:38:28 pm
oh yeah, and Bruce Pearl is an AWESOME coach... 0-2 in the SECTournament, both upsets to HORRIBLE teams...  almost lost to #15 seed WINTHROP last year (lofton walked on his last second shot), only to get creamed by mighty WICHITA STATE.....  last year UT got to the sweet 16 only to blow a 20 point lead to ohio state!

BRUCE PEARL:  won the seceast but 3-4 in the postseason.  hooray!

i think UT released a dvd after beating Florida.  "WE BEAT THE CHAMPS OMG"  guess what at arkansas we actually want to BE the champs!

eldeearr

Quote from: mathhog on November 15, 2007, 10:28:02 pm
hey elder, you never responded to me....  i wonder why!

wait, i know why.  because i used something we call "MATH" and "FACTS", thus proving the punyness of your precious UT.

i dont mind being ignored, just proves im right! :) LOL
Well, it's spelled "puniness", but I digress....

Quote from: mathhog on November 15, 2007, 09:34:42 pm
the atmosphere at Thompson Boling   SUUUUXXXXXXX

the crowd is the LEAST knowledgable about basketball - ever.  every call is a bad call, every foul is a bad foul.  at the bud, our fans will say, for example, if thomas shoves a guy but no call we say "wow! CT got away with that one haha" or if ervin blatantly traveled and is called for it  our fans say "good call..."......... at tennessee ANY foul is "CHEATING REFS".  EVERY officiating crew is "out to get Tennessee".

and yes, T-B is bigger than rup.... fans had an inferiority complex so T-B was built to be JUST A BIT BIGGER than rupp... and yet, how far has UT gotten?  oh yeah, i think they got to a sweet 16 twice.  LOL!
Well, I can agree with most of that.  But you're thinking of Thompson-Boling Arena from years ago.  It was like a mausoleum, and if you saw the Vols play, you'd understand why.  Things have changed.  Fans less knowledgable?   By whose definition, and where did you get your "fanology" diploma?  Vol fans might say the same thing about Hog fans, and in both cases, both sets of fans would be wrong. Check out the messageboards of teams.  Fans are the same everywhere, and whine abut the coach, the refs, etc.  I agree with you about the inferiority complex they had with Kentucky, but Stokely here needed replacing as much as Barnhill needed replacing.
Quote from: mathhog on November 15, 2007, 09:35:52 pm
Remember, as an Arkansas fan, I was a big fan of the Nolan era. Admit it, you're scared that Bruce might win the next SEC national championship.  Go ahead.  It's OK.
Quote from: mathhog on November 15, 2007, 09:38:28 pmoh yeah, and Bruce Pearl is an AWESOME coach... 0-2 in the SECTournament, both upsets to HORRIBLE teams...  almost lost to #15 seed WINTHROP last year (lofton walked on his last second shot), only to get creamed by mighty WICHITA STATE.....  last year UT got to the sweet 16 only to blow a 20 point lead to ohio state!

BRUCE PEARL:  won the seceast but 3-4 in the postseason.  hooray!

i think UT released a dvd after beating Florida.  "WE BEAT THE CHAMPS OMG"  guess what at arkansas we actually want to BE the champs!
How can I argue with that kind of logic? (which is, of course, incorrect)  And how many times did the Hogs beat Florida anyway?     Math + Facts?  ha ha  Wow.  LOL

georgeandwheezy

i went to the game last weekend in knoxville. i always make it a point to see the the basketball arena while visting the other school. i was not impressed with the arena at all. first off, the outside is awful looking, faided paint, a metal building. the inside was not much better. sure the black seats look better than all of the orange ones but that is about it. i would not be any means call those skyboxes that were added. they are merely seats that have glass in front of them. also we walked to the top and it is so far up you cannot see. also the so called skyboxes block several sections in the place from seeing the entire court. now too the tarps or i guess they are supposed to be banners hanging in the rafters, were absolutely "terrible" as charles barkley would say. the arena in my mind was just like the stadium, really big but otherwise a dump. i hope that doesn't sound too harsh, but that is one man's honest opinion. by the way, other than walton arena, i like vandy's the best. i have not seen rupp.

40MINSOFHELL

nah Tennessee will never win...it's coming back to Arkansas...mark my word 2009 ARKANSAS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS :D

eldeearr

Quote from: georgeandwheezy on November 15, 2007, 11:29:36 pm
i went to the game last weekend in knoxville. i always make it a point to see the the basketball arena while visting the other school. i was not impressed with the arena at all. first off, the outside is awful looking, faided paint, a metal building. the inside was not much better. sure the black seats look better than all of the orange ones but that is about it. i would not be any means call those skyboxes that were added. they are merely seats that have glass in front of them. also we walked to the top and it is so far up you cannot see. also the so called skyboxes block several sections in the place from seeing the entire court. now too the tarps or i guess they are supposed to be banners hanging in the rafters, were absolutely "terrible" as charles barkley would say. the arena in my mind was just like the stadium, really big but otherwise a dump. i hope that doesn't sound too harsh, but that is one man's honest opinion. by the way, other than walton arena, i like vandy's the best. i have not seen rupp.
Every person is entitled to their own opinion, and I respect yours.  I will add, though, that the outside of the arena is scheduled for the next renovation stage.  Your assessment of the current outside of the building is pretty much spot on, and it does look like a big warehouse.   And is is fairly high.   When I watched the Hogs there from the upper section, all the players look like ants.   They should sell oxygen bottles in those areas.  LOL 

I wasn't a big fan of the black seats, but they said they wanted to do that to make the court the focus of attention.   Go figure.

Nighty night.   It's almost 1am here, and that darned rooster is usually on time.

mathhog

Quote from: eldeearr on November 15, 2007, 11:21:40 pm
Admit it, you're scared that Bruce might win the next SEC national championship.  Go ahead.  It's OK.
Quote from: mathhog on November 15, 2007, 09:38:28 pmoh yeah, and Bruce Pearl is an AWESOME coach... 0-2 in the SECTournament, both upsets to HORRIBLE teams...  almost lost to #15 seed WINTHROP last year (lofton walked on his last second shot), only to get creamed by mighty WICHITA STATE.....  last year UT got to the sweet 16 only to blow a 20 point lead to ohio state!

i think UT released a dvd after beating Florida.  "WE BEAT THE CHAMPS OMG"  guess what at arkansas we actually want to BE the champs!
How can I argue with that kind of logic? (which is, of course, incorrect)  And how many times did the Hogs beat Florida anyway?     Math + Facts?  ha ha  Wow.  LOL

um, my facts are dead on

**BRUCE NEVER HAS WON AN SECT GAME.. both years lost to HORRIBLE teams... horrible SCarolina, HORRIBLE lsu team....

**BRUCE'S TEAMS CHOKE LATE:  see Ohio State game in regular season last year, see Ohio state game in the tourney, wen they were up by 18 and STILL LOST, see horrible performance against mighty wichita state in 06, see chris lofton's walk on the "buzzer beater" vs winthrop in 06,

**TENNESSEE IS HAPPY WITH MEDIOCRITY:  thing that annoys me about them is they think "OMG WE WON THE EAST TIME TO BUILD A TROPHY CASE!".. .um, in 06, your 'magical year' of winning a crowded east?  bruce won a total of 21 Regular season games.  OMFG.  he finised the year with 23 wins.  in 07?  with lofton a year older?  UT had a horrible stretch in the SEC, had a real chance to finish 7-9, but pulled out some wins (like at UA) to finish with....... 24 wins.  UT gets a 2 seed in 2006... the worst 2 seed ever!  total mediocrity, but vol fans, always te big head, think its time to celebrate.

one quesiton though, do you own the dvd over the "magical" dane bradshaw-esque win over florida in 06?  i mean, here in arkansas, we have videos of things called "FINAL FOURS"  maybe someday you will get there.  And congrats for maknig it to the sweet 16, the ceiling of UT basketball.  LOL!  someday you can get a whiff of a final four.. .someday!@!!!!

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: mathhog on November 16, 2007, 12:47:47 am
Quote from: eldeearr on November 15, 2007, 11:21:40 pm
Admit it, you're scared that Bruce might win the next SEC national championship.  Go ahead.  It's OK.

How can I argue with that kind of logic? (which is, of course, incorrect)  And how many times did the Hogs beat Florida anyway?     Math + Facts?  ha ha  Wow.  LOL

um, my facts are dead on

**BRUCE NEVER HAS WON AN SECT GAME.. both years lost to HORRIBLE teams... horrible SCarolina, HORRIBLE lsu team....

**BRUCE'S TEAMS CHOKE LATE:  see Ohio State game in regular season last year, see Ohio state game in the tourney, wen they were up by 18 and STILL LOST, see horrible performance against mighty wichita state in 06, see chris lofton's walk on the "buzzer beater" vs winthrop in 06,

**TENNESSEE IS HAPPY WITH MEDIOCRITY:  thing that annoys me about them is they think "OMG WE WON THE EAST TIME TO BUILD A TROPHY CASE!".. .um, in 06, your 'magical year' of winning a crowded east?  bruce won a total of 21 Regular season games.  OMFG.  he finised the year with 23 wins.  in 07?  with lofton a year older?  UT had a horrible stretch in the SEC, had a real chance to finish 7-9, but pulled out some wins (like at UA) to finish with....... 24 wins.  UT gets a 2 seed in 2006... the worst 2 seed ever!  total mediocrity, but vol fans, always te big head, think its time to celebrate.

one quesiton though, do you own the dvd over the "magical" dane bradshaw-esque win over florida in 06?  i mean, here in arkansas, we have videos of things called "FINAL FOURS"  maybe someday you will get there.  And congrats for maknig it to the sweet 16, the ceiling of UT basketball.  LOL!  someday you can get a whiff of a final four.. .someday!@!!!!

yep ARKANSAS has rich tradition is basketball(there is no nutt ruining basketball :D) 94 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS, and i will says 09 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS :D 40 MINS OF PEL!!!

The Realist

Alot of people on here are taking the MMQB approach to this thread.  Its either your absolute opinion of "Bud is the greatest" or you have no idea what you're talking about.  Sorry thats not the way it is. 
I never said anything bad about Bud Walton at all.  It is a great place to watch a game. I watched every SEC Game last year there.  This was my first time going to a SEC arena other than bud or Memorial Coliseum @ Vandy and I was impressed. 

I sat in the 2nd row of the upper deck.  Didn't have any problem with how far from the court I was.  Eldeear is right about the things he is saying.  There is a huge fervor for basketball right now.  Much more than football and much more than either football or basketball at Arkansas last year when I was there.  I said nothing bragging about Pat Summitt.  All I said was that any D-1 basketball coach who does the thing she does, is going to get things named after them.  Men or Women.  So I didn't really see the point in taking a shot at one of the most successful coaches in the history of the sport (men or women)

My friends that I live with said the Florida game last year was the loudest place they have ever been, impressive considering they were at the Florida football game as well.  And to George, It is a 3 part renovation.  The 2nd stage is lighting, concessions, and the outside.  The third is the brand new practice facility that will be right next to it. 

Also, what is the logic in bashing UT because I said they are really upping their facilities?  Of course they don't have the tradition Arkansas does.  Nobody ever said they did.  Nobody here is challenging who has been the more successful program.  No one is here to argue any of these points that people are all of the sudden defending like this was some attack on Arkansas. 

All I said is Tennessee seems to really be making a push to become a legitimate basketball contender in the SEC with facilities, fan support.  Is there something offensive about this?  If so, I was unaware
Childs, Gregory.

40MINSOFHELL

why are we even talkin about tennessee basketball arena being renovated on a RAZORBACK FORUM...i guess they are doing all these new things for arkansas when we beat them at their new renovated arena :D

The Realist

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on November 16, 2007, 01:14:14 am
why are we even talkin about tennessee basketball arena being renovated on a RAZORBACK FORUM...i guess they are doing all these new things for arkansas when we beat them at their new renovated arena :D
Not to be anti-hog here because I will never cheer against the hogs.  But why are we so confident in beating a team that A) Beat us last year B) Went further than us last year C) Returns almost everyone and D) they are ranked top 10
I want us to win just as much as anyone.  I know Arkansas will be good this year but Tennessee is everyones pick to win the SEC.  It is going to be and up and down great game when we play them no doubt. 
Childs, Gregory.