Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nathan Stanley

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, November 09, 2007, 05:20:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRazorbackGuy

Why have we not offered this kid... He is 6'5 and has a good arm. Who cares that he's from Oklahoma...

Youngblood has a 95 MPH fastball and will be drafted in the MLB and he's 6'1 which is Casey Dick size

PigPusher

November 09, 2007, 06:59:50 pm #1 Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 07:01:52 pm by PigPusher
It is ours to only wonder why. 

Nutt seems to have a strong defeatist attitude in a lot of ways. As such, bringing a strong QB onto the campus is not something he has shown to want to do.

There must be some real crap attitudes concerning recruiting on the hill.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

silvertip

November 09, 2007, 07:46:59 pm #2 Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 08:27:19 pm by wayne1958
I imagine the problem moght be that he is Rivals' # 20 PRO-STYLE QB---which means he's a good passer. His Rivals' profile doesn't even list any running stats.

In other words, the kind of QB that The Dork has no use for.  He lists his top 5 as OK St, K-State, OU, ARK, and FSU---with no leader. OSU & K-State have offered.  Frankly, the young man would take a huge risk playing for the DorknLee.

SWAhog

QuoteYoungblood has a 95 MPH fastball and will be drafted in the MLB and he's 6'1 which is Casey Dick size

pardon me, he's 6'3.
You know you're getting older when your idea of lettin it loose is taking a laxative.

jc20

Why recruit if your not going to be here to coach?

Adam Stokes

Quote from: jc20 on November 10, 2007, 12:11:12 am

Because Nutt isn't leaving until he is 100% sure he is getting the boot.  He will act like the coach until he hears otherwise.

Hawgballz

Quote from: jc20 on November 10, 2007, 12:11:12 am

They are making plenty of offers to defensive players, so there must be some other reason they are waiting to offer Stanley.  I know they are talking to other QBs, but I feel Stanley is the best of the group.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

bgsisco

I have the understanding that they think they can get a better qb than Stanley next year.  So that is why no offer.

mossfan33

Youngblood hasn't been 6'1" in years and he is not going to play pro baseball just yet............  I think we should offer Stanley, just like I think we should offer Show as an athlete and pick a position for him later.
Go HG Hornets. STL Cardinals.  Packers.  Tar Heels  Hogs

jackflash

If you want Nutt to leave, how about firing ALLEN, TELLING DANNY HE NOT WELCOME AT BALLGAMES AND NO MORE PICKUP BASKETBALLS GAMES THINK HE WOULD STAY

Hawgballz

Quote from: jackflash on November 10, 2007, 03:38:48 pm
If you want Nutt to leave, how about firing ALLEN, TELLING DANNY HE NOT WELCOME AT BALLGAMES AND NO MORE PICKUP BASKETBALLS GAMES THINK HE WOULD STAY

What the hell does that have to do with this thread?
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

jc20

Nathan Stanley would have been the starter Saturday for the Hogs.  If the Hogs miss the boat with him, another mistake by Nutt.  I am not saying he is the greatest thing since milk.  I am saying he is a lot better than what I have seen at QB for the Hogs right now.

PigPusher

Quote from: Hawgballz on November 10, 2007, 11:31:18 pm
Quote from: jackflash on November 10, 2007, 03:38:48 pm

What the hell does that have to do with this thread?

Agreed, just log on talk about anything that comes to your mind.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

gohawgsgo

Quote from: SWAhog on November 09, 2007, 11:47:51 pm
QuoteYoungblood has a 95 MPH fastball and will be drafted in the MLB and he's 6'1 which is Casey Dick size

pardon me, he's 6'3.

6-3 and very athletic with a strong arm.  Good runner and good passer.  Youngblood is the real deal!

jc20

Sorry to bring Stanley back up but any more word on him?  Heard that Wilson may not honor his commitment, not for disrespect but if he does get that nod to MLB, he is gone.  Wouldn't you?  Hope they get on Stanley quick.