Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brewer plays in Jazz Playoff Victory!

Started by Razors84, May 08, 2007, 01:13:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razors84

chiefsfan

Quote from: Razors84 on May 08, 2007, 01:13:30 am
2 minutes, 1 foul, no points, but he got in the game!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270507026

Only because Derrick Fisher had to miss the game due to Family issues
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hawgwild1087

He kept getting open making cuts to the basket but no one would pass to him.  I think he deserves more than 2 minutes a game.
Millsap is getting the minutes Brewer used to.

wooly

I wonder if he thinks "what if?" every night  for 48 minutes.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: wooly on May 08, 2007, 10:00:29 am

he's making NBA money right now.

Ronnie's time to shine will come in a couple years.

spudhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 08, 2007, 10:03:45 am

making money but sitting on the bench all game can't be fun. he's gotta have a piece of doubt run through his head every now and then.

yocdaddy

He should have stayed in school.  What a joke.  I remember a lot of people on here thinking he was going to be a great NBA player.  He may go down as one of the biggest first round flops.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

spudhog

sloan is not exactly a rookie's coach. ronnie can still do well, just going to take some time.

jhudson84

Quote from: yocdaddy on May 08, 2007, 11:56:09 am
He should have stayed in school.  What a joke.  I remember a lot of people on here thinking he was going to be a great NBA player.  He may go down as one of the biggest first round flops.

Just like Joe Johnson when he didnt play much as a rookie on a far worse team.  Ronnie got in a bad situation playing behind Kirlenko.  Sloan does not give rookie's alot of minutes.

mbgrulz

as long as kwame brown (sp?) is around, he will take the cake on the biggest flop.
you can't call someone a flop after 1 year.

chiefsfan

Quote from: mbgrulz on May 08, 2007, 12:27:47 pm
as long as kwame brown (sp?) is around, he will take the cake on the biggest flop.

The biggest 1st round flop in history is the guy that got taken before Micheal Jordan...  I forget his name
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

GBPackerFan

Wow...he is only in his rookie year.  He may end up being a flop, but to start saying this right now is a bit extreme.

Oliver

I can just see a Jazz vs. Spurs final now...I'll be watching something more exciting...the Home Shopping Network or the Weather Channel.

gduchar

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 08, 2007, 02:11:44 pm

The biggest 1st round flop in history is the guy that got taken before Micheal Jordan...  I forget his name

Sam Bowie, and Hakeem Olajuwon both went before Jordan. Bowie was actually a pretty good player. Obviously not Jordan or The Dream.

Grumpy Old Main

Quote from: gduchar on May 08, 2007, 02:34:46 pm
Quote from: chiefsfan on May 08, 2007, 02:11:44 pm

Sam Bowie, and Hakeem Olajuwon both went before Jordan. Bowie was actually a pretty good player. Obviously not Jordan or The Dream.

Sam Bowie wouldn't even make the top 20 of 1st round flops.  He was good, but injury-plagued.  He was better than Michael Olowakandi, Kwami Brown, Chris Washburn, and a bunch of other flops.

And even if Ronnie is never any good (I think he will be), he was a 14th pick.  Here's a list of past 14th picks:

2005  Rashad McCants
2004  Kris Humphries
2003  Luke Ridnour (Marcus Banks 13, Reece Gaines 15th)
2002  Fred Jones (Marcus Haislip 13)
2001 Troy Murphy
2000 Mateen Cleaves (Courtney Alexander 13)
1999 William Avery (Frederic Weis 15)
1998 Michael Dickerson

They range from decent to "who?".  Ronnie is hardly a big flop for that position.

By the way, check out the stellar 2000 draft:

1 Kenyon Martin
2 Stromile Swift
3 Darius Miles
4 Marcus Fizer
5 Mike Miller
6 DerMarr Johnson
7 Chris Mihm
8 Jamal Crawford
9 Joel Przybilla
10 Keyon Dooling
11 Jérome Moïso
12 Etan Thomas
13 Courtney Alexander
14 Mateen Cleaves
15 Jason Collier

There are plent of guys drafted high who don't turn out to be great.

And Ronnie maximized his draft position by coming out during the one year lag in high-school players.  Can't blame him.

gduchar

nice post GOM. Dear god that 2000 draft is atrocious.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 08, 2007, 10:03:45 am

I agree with Hogan Sloan is not going to change his ways because of Ronnie Brewer. He does not play rookies a lot traditionally. Trust me Ronnie is learning and next year he will play. He needs to be able to hit the open jumper on que playing guard for Sloan.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

TRUHOG718

Way to go Ronnie. 10 min 2 for 2 a few rebounds and a monster dunk!!!!!! Were watching you......REPRESENT!!!! WPS
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

dfresh

Thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.  If your a top 10 pick, YOU LEAVE SCHOOL!!  It doesn't matter if you play or not.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Cooper on May 08, 2007, 04:25:34 pm

Kwame is FAR from the biggest flop in history. The fact that you know his name should say something.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/2003/draft/news/2003/06/21/draft_busts/
the reason we know his name is because of how bad he is. he may not be THE biggest, but he is very close. how many #1 picks suck for a decade until finally they are acclimated enough to the NBA to be a sub-par starter? #1 picks should live to a  higher standard than guys picked in the 14 slot.

hawgwild1087

He played well down the stretch today even though GS kinda pounded em.  Hopefully that buys him some playing time the rest of the series.

Razors84

Did he play in the last game? - I didn't see all of it, but I didn't see him in.

yraciv

2005  Rashad McCants-North Carolina
2004  Kris Humphries-Minnesota
2003  Luke Ridnour-Oregon (Marcus Banks-UNLV 13, Reece Gaines-Louisville 15th)
2002  Fred Jones-Oregon (Marcus Haislip-Tennessee 13)
2001 Troy Murphy-Notre Dame
2000 Mateen Cleaves-Michigan State (Courtney Alexander-Fresno State 13)
1999 William Avery-Duke (Frederic Weis-France 15)
1998 Michael Dickerson-Arizona

I just like testing myself on if I can remember where NBA players went! I know about 60% currently.