Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charles Thomas arrested for 3rd degree domestic battery

Started by Crappykat, April 21, 2007, 05:02:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HITCHER

Hell, at least Ron Hurey will have someone to play cards with.

razorback3072

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on April 21, 2007, 09:20:54 pm
Quote from: bsking on April 21, 2007, 05:06:39 pm
§ 5-13-203. Battery in the third degree.

(a) A person commits battery in the third degree if:

(1) With the purpose of causing physical injury to another person, he causes physical injury to any person; or

(2) He recklessly causes physical injury to another person; or

(3) He negligently causes physical injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon; or

(4) He purposely causes stupor, unconsciousness, or physical or mental impairment or injury to another person by administering to him, without his consent, any drug or other substance.

(b) Battery in the third degree is a Class A misdemeanor.

Usually 3rd degree is a red mark or scratch or something along those lines.  It has to be a pretty serious injury to rise to the level of 2nd. 

If it's a second offense, it's an automatic felony.  Let's hope it's not what it seems and that if it is, it doesn't happen again. 
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

Kilgor

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Darren DeLoach

to be honest, it all depends on the mood of the judge presiding over the trial. i was found guilty of 3rd degree assault and battery, and the judge waived the sentence and the fine except court cost. he gave me an extensive lecture on societal tendencies toward vi-gillanteism and let me go. the guy suffered from having both jaws broken, a broken nose, and a crushed eye socket. he attempted a lewd act with my sister and i hunted him down.i'm thankful the judge saw the guy was a predator but what i did was inexcusable. those were B.C. days and jim beam helped me make most of my decisions then.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

TomasPistola

Once again, until I hear what actually happened? I don't know what kind of punishment this warrants.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

mbgrulz

Quote from: NuttinItUp on April 21, 2007, 09:26:04 pm
Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 21, 2007, 09:12:33 pm
I 'll wait to the judge decides before I get out the rope!
"get out the rope" might be seen as racist, but I won't pass judgement either until official judgement is rendered.
if somebody sees that as racist, then they are really searching for it. 

The Boar War

This could be nothing (see Duke rape case).  However if he is guilty this will be a tough first battle for JP.  I hope he will stand his ground. 

Buck Ocean

Think like a Jedi

TomasPistola

Ok Update on this - Charles Thomas got into an altercation with an Ex girlfriend. Apparently he pushed her down and she got rug burns. That's why it was only 3rd degree. He's out on 1000.00 bond. Probably nothing gonna come of this other than some 5 in 1's.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

HulkHoggin

April 22, 2007, 12:10:34 am #59 Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 12:12:17 am by HulkHoggin
Hate to hear that he made such a poor decision (if true). It seems that percentage wise the basketball players have been no better than the football team...Ron Huery, Alvin Robertson,Corey Beck, William Mills, Willie Cutts, Ali Thompson, Larry Satchell... :( :( :( :( :( I know I am missing others.....Not to say that he is in the same class as these guys...

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: Immensehog on April 21, 2007, 10:44:30 pm
I knew a guy who was charged with battery for poking someone in the chest during an argument.

It's all relative.

Exactly. Had a 5'5" female friend of ours up in Idaho that got charged with 3rd degree battery and assault on a police officer. She was a little tanked up and poked the 6'4'' deputy in the chest when he was going to write her for public intox. Judge threw that one out. :)
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: mbgrulz on April 21, 2007, 11:34:09 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on April 21, 2007, 09:26:04 pm
Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 21, 2007, 09:12:33 pm
I 'll wait to the judge decides before I get out the rope!
"get out the rope" might be seen as racist, but I won't pass judgement either until official judgement is rendered.
if somebody sees that as racist, then they are really searching for it. 

Very articulate too ;)
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on April 22, 2007, 12:33:04 am
I knew a guy who was charged with battery for poking someone in the chest during an argument.

It's all relative.

Exactly. Had a 5'5" female friend of ours up in Idaho that got charged with 3rd degree battery and assault on a police officer. She was a little tanked up and poked the 6'4'' deputy in the chest when he was going to write her for public intox. Judge threw that one out. :)

What if the 5'4" lady was poked in the chest by the 6'4" officer?

Does it matter?

The law applies to all.

That said, I was once hit in the face by an 60-year-old woman swinging a belt who had just battered her 65-year-old MS-ridden husband...by breaking a plate over his head.

She was charged for both counts.

The judge told me that as a police officer, I should "expect" physical altercations.

It isn't fair....but I accepted that years ago.

As for Thomas....Is Arkansas a "must arrest" state when it comes to signs of actual physical abuse?  Some states are (Illinois isn't).

Regardless....this ain't 1970 and Thomas should know better....and if you want to use 6'4" as an example...I believe Thomas is much taller than that.

HogMavFan

D@#m Charles! Have you been slapping your ho again? Just joking. I hope this is a big misunderstanding.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: HogMavFan on April 22, 2007, 12:51:59 am
D@#m Charles! Have you been slapping your ho again? Just joking. I hope this is a big misunderstanding.

Bad joke.

beansandtaters

Quote from: WindyCityHog on April 22, 2007, 12:41:35 am

It's all relative.

Does it matter?

The law applies to all.

That said, I was once hit in the face by an 60-year-old woman swinging a belt who had just battered her 65-year-old MS-ridden husband...by breaking a plate over his head.

The judge told me that as a police officer, I should "expect" physical altercations.

As for Thomas....Is Arkansas a "must arrest" state when it comes to signs of actual physical abuse?  Some states are (Illinois isn't).

Yes. With regard to domestic battery, I don't believe the other person can choose whether or not to file charges. The State makes that determination

HogMavFan

Quote from: hoggydog on April 21, 2007, 10:27:09 pm
this is the kinda $hit Altman was scared of. we will see what John does.
If he was going to slap a girl around it should have been Dana Altman.

razrken

Police officers are also covered under "good faith" in making the arrest.  They cannot be sued if they make the arrest in "good faith"  On another note there is no such charge in arkansas as Assault and Battery...its either one or the other.  He is very lucky it was washington County he was arrested in because in Pulaski County it is a no bond arrest on domestic battery and with it being Saturday and no plea and arraignment until tuesday he would be in jail until then.

hogblade

Pork Twain

Quote from: schweine on April 21, 2007, 05:43:31 pm
I bet it makes him feel like a big man beating on a woman.
If he hit a woman for any reason I hope he gets the book thrown at him.  If he did not I hope he is man enough to handle all the rumors.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Are you stupid?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

WilsonHog

My courtroom experience with Battery 3rd is that some sign of physical injury is required. A cut, a red mark, a bruise, that kind of thing.

If convicted, the defendant should generally expect some jail time.

JEM

PorcineSublime

Quote from: WindyCityHog on April 22, 2007, 12:53:32 am

Bad joke.
Considering we just recently lost one of Fort Smith's finest who responded to a Domestic call, I would have to agree.
Not being a peace officer, I wouldn't know what it is like to have place yourself in harms way in a DD. It has been stated that it is the most dangerous call by many PD's though.

As for Charles, his case seems like much ado about nothing (assuming that the usa today thing is true). I will wait till the facts come out to decide my opinion. 
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

OzarkHighs

Sounds like he lost it when his white ex-girlfriend started using racial slurs toward him...

Come on Thomas keep the Manimal in its cage.

Hugehogsfan

Quote from: WindyCityHog on April 22, 2007, 12:41:35 am

It's all relative.

Does it matter?

The law applies to all.

Regardless....this ain't 1970 and Thomas should know better....and if you want to use 6'4" as an example...I believe Thomas is much taller than that.

Lord Windy I know what you are saying, per Arkansas State Law, if you attack or physically fight a law enforcement officer it is automatically Battery 2nd, never gotten it to stick though.  DA's usually drop it down to 3rd.   And yes Arkansas is a must arrest state.  State does the charging not the victim.

vol_in_ar

THE ADG, article says he pushed her down and broke her cell phone.

They were fighting after she went back to his apartment to pick up movies, when the police got there she was crying and had carpet burns.

VolHogg

All a woman has to do is call 911, the police will always take her word for it.  Where I live they will automatically arrest the man for an over night stay in jail. 

orgkeith

Quote from: vol_in_ar on April 22, 2007, 09:27:53 am

They were fighting after she went back to his apartment to pick up movies, when the police got there she was crying and had carpet burns.
The article also says she threw his cell phone against the wall and was threatening him with something to do with another ex girl friend.   When I first heard about this I expected the worse.  This one appears to go both ways.  Wouldn't be surprised to see some counter charges in this case.  Who was stalking who here?

hogsailor

If CT is convicted of this the judge is going to be the least of his worries.
Now JP, that's a different story.

Seeing how they both have MINOR injuries it's starting to sound like mutual abuse.

I hope the judge is a big Hog BB fan...

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

pigmania

April 22, 2007, 10:30:18 am #82 Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 10:32:02 am by pigmania
I'm sure the stress of losing 2 coaches and not knowing if anyone wanted to coach them took it's toll on CT. He had to take it out on someone, I guess this woman was the first person that got in the way.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: orgkeith on April 22, 2007, 09:49:47 am
Quote from: vol_in_ar on April 22, 2007, 09:27:53 am

The article also says she threw his cell phone against the wall and was threatening him with something to do with another ex girl friend.   When I first heard about this I expected the worse.  This one appears to go both ways.  Wouldn't be surprised to see some counter charges in this case.  Who was stalking who here?

Both ways, he's 6'8", while the article didn't say, I doubt it was fair fight..

vol_in_ar

Quote from: hogsailor on April 22, 2007, 10:17:10 am

Seeing how they both have MINOR injuries it's starting to sound like mutual abuse.

So you support fighting a woman...
sad

razorhead69

My wife has carpet burns from last night.
Hope I don't get arrested.

vol_in_ar

VinnyW

Quote from: bsking on April 21, 2007, 05:06:39 pm
§ 5-13-203. Battery in the third degree.

(a) A person commits battery in the third degree if:

(1) With the purpose of causing physical injury to another person, he causes physical injury to any person; or

(2) He recklessly causes physical injury to another person; or

(3) He negligently causes physical injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon; or

(4) He purposely causes stupor, unconsciousness, or physical or mental impairment or injury to another person by administering to him, without his consent, any drug or other substance.

(b) Battery in the third degree is a Class A misdemeanor.

this is wrong...there is a difference between domestic battery and normal battery

vol_in_ar

The paper said he's charged with a 3rd degree assault that's a misdemeanor...

hogSGreer

Quote from: RD on April 21, 2007, 07:29:27 pm
http://www.co.washington.ar.us/Sheriff/Summary/Detainee.asp?bn=4059607

Hopefully Coach P makes an example and disciplines him well

Hopefully Coach P. waits until all of the facts are know unlike you.

hogSGreer

vol_in_ar

Quote from: hogSGreer on April 22, 2007, 12:38:55 pm
Quote from: RD on April 21, 2007, 07:29:27 pm
http://www.co.washington.ar.us/Sheriff/Summary/Detainee.asp?bn=4059607

Hopefully Coach P makes an example and disciplines him well

Hopefully Coach P. waits until all of the facts are know unlike you.

He was arrested and charged with Battery that's a FACT..

Shizzle

Sounds like she came to his apartment raising cane with him and things got a lil out of hand. I doubt anything will come of this, I am hardly ready to call him a bad guy because of this.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

hogsailor

Quote from: vol_in_ar on April 22, 2007, 10:47:26 am
Quote from: hogsailor on April 22, 2007, 10:17:10 am

So you support fighting a woman...
sad

I guess you've never had an exwife throwing anything she can get her hands on at you.

Yes and said ex was arrested and charged with DB by next fool she married.

DB goes both ways, don't kid yourself...

-- -- Joseph Joubert

NuttinItUp

Quote from: pigmania on April 22, 2007, 10:30:18 am
I'm sure the stress of losing 2 coaches and not knowing if anyone wanted to coach them took it's toll on CT. He had to take it out on someone, I guess this woman was the first person that got in the way.

Still no excuse to beat a woman.

dunnhead

Could she be charged with a hate crime for using a racial slur against him?

pigmania

Quote from: NuttinItUp on April 22, 2007, 01:31:21 pm

Agree, I was being sarcastic about the players using that as an excuse to smoke weed and beat on women.

UAfan

Quote from: pigmania on April 22, 2007, 01:58:46 pm

Agree, I was being sarcastic about the players using that as an excuse to smoke weed and beat on women.
I just don't get it.  You're going into you senior season.  You're a starter with a new and exciting coach in JP.  And you go and do something stupid that could cost you. 

hogsailor

Quote from: pigmania on April 22, 2007, 01:58:46 pm

My, how quickly this has turned.

Ct has gone from pushing down his ex-girlfriend, which I no way condone, to everyone on the team beating women and smoking pot.

amazing...

-- -- Joseph Joubert

coolhog

I KNow the girl friend and she is a good person. It sounds like he
just lost his temper. I guess he thought he could get away with it.
I doubt much will come of it.