Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charles Thomas arrested for 3rd degree domestic battery

Started by Crappykat, April 21, 2007, 05:02:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Hawg Buff

Not knowing, I cannot say, but if I were to go to my ex's apartment to get videos that needed to be returned, I would have taken someone with me, or had someone else to pick them up.  Not to call him innocent, because I was not there.  It did sound like, from the ADG article today, that she came to his apartment, argued about another ex-girlfriend and threatened to call the other ex-girlfriend and made racial remarks to him.  I am in no way defending him.  Racial remarks, no matter what race you are, do not go over well, especially in a heated argument.  BUT, we were not there and don't know the whole situation.

pigmania

Quote from: hogsailor on April 22, 2007, 02:33:55 pm
Quote from: pigmania on April 22, 2007, 01:58:46 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on April 22, 2007, 01:31:21 pm
Quote from: pigmania on April 22, 2007, 10:30:18 am
I'm sure the stress of losing 2 coaches and not knowing if anyone wanted to coach them took it's toll on CT. He had to take it out on someone, I guess this woman was the first person that got in the way.

Still no excuse to beat a woman.
Agree, I was being sarcastic about the players using that as an excuse to smoke weed and beat on women.

My, how quickly this has turned.

Ct has gone from pushing down his ex-girlfriend, which I no way condone, to everyone on the team beating women and smoking pot.

amazing...
Don't you find it interesting that all these problems (drug use, acedemics, domestic battery) started to appear right after Heath was fired? Now maybe these problems have always been there, but it sure seems strange that they started to appear during the coaching search.

twistitup

thomas and his girlfriend were supposedly broken up for a year; those video returns must of had a helluva late charge....
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hogsailor

April 22, 2007, 09:55:00 pm #103 Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 09:59:07 pm by hogsailor
Quote from: pigmania on April 22, 2007, 07:09:54 pm
I'm sure the stress of losing 2 coaches and not knowing if anyone wanted to coach them took it's toll on CT. He had to take it out on someone, I guess this woman was the first person that got in the way.

Agree, I was being sarcastic about the players using that as an excuse to smoke weed and beat on women.

Ct has gone from pushing down his ex-girlfriend, which I no way condone, to everyone on the team beating women and smoking pot.

amazing...
Don't you find it interesting that all these problems (drug use, acedemics, domestic battery) started to appear right after Heath was fired? Now maybe these problems have always been there, but it sure seems strange that they started to appear during the coaching search.

Hmmm...
No I don't find it interesting at all. Then again I don't watch daytime soaps.
And what is your point?
I guess everyone on the BB team has gone to hell in a handbasket cause Heath was fired, right?

How many other examples of domestic abuse from the BB team are there?
To my knowledge none.
There were 2 players who failed drug tests. Do you know who they were and what was found in their systems. I didn't think so.
There are so many of you out there that are looking for nothing but to make mountains out of mole hills.

If you have a horse and a lance I'm sure there are some windmills out there you need to be fighting, they aren't here.

Never mind you wouldn't understand anyway...

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

hogsailor

-- -- Joseph Joubert

pigmania

Quote from: hogsailor on April 22, 2007, 09:55:00 pm

amazing...

Hmmm...
And what is your point?
I guess everyone on the BB team has gone to hell in a handbasket cause Heath was fired, right?

To my knowledge none.
There were 2 players who failed drug tests. Do you know who they were and what was found in their systems. I didn't think so.
There are so many of you out there that are looking for nothing but to make mountains out of mole hills.

If you have a horse and a lance I'm sure ther are some windmills out there you need to be fighting, they aren't here.

1). I didn't say it was because Heath was fired that all these incidents have occured. I said it was interesting they have come to light since he was dismissed. Might ought to read first, post second.
2). What the hell does it matter who was doing the drugs and what those drugs were. All that matters is they were basketball players and the drugs they were using were in violation of the UA drug policy. Apparently it was more than a mole hill to the UA. The PTB thought it was important enough to release the info to the public. Besides those 2 things, I could give a rat's arse who it was or what they were taking.
3). Apparently, being role models for younger kids and being representatives of the University doesn't matter to people like you as long as they can dribble and dunk, right? Remember that the next time you see a line of kids waiting to get an autograph from one of these players.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

No big deal....all charges will end up being dropped. Charles really needs to get smarter though.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

amazing...

If you didn't see that coming you aren't as familiar with the internet fan as you should be.

hogsailor

April 22, 2007, 10:38:10 pm #108 Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 10:47:27 pm by hogsailor
Quote from: pigmania on April 22, 2007, 10:12:05 pm

amazing...

Hmmm...
And what is your point?

To my knowledge none.

If you have a horse and a lance I'm sure ther are some windmills out there you need to be fighting, they aren't here.

1). I didn't say it was because Heath was fired that all these incidents have occured. I said it was interesting they have come to light since he was dismissed. Might ought to read first, post second.

Interesting how? The drug use and the ineligibility (which happens at every school) came about BECAUSE of the search, not because Heath was fired. No where in those reports was there any mention of players abusing women. Which I will quote you, players using that as an excuse to smoke weed and beat on women.

2). What the hell does it matter who was doing the drugs and what those drugs were. All that matters is they were basketball players and the drugs they were using were in violation of the UA drug policy. Apparently it was more than a mole hill to the UA. The PTB thought it was important enough to release the info to the public. Besides those 2 things, I could give a rat's arse who it was or what they were taking.

You inferred The Team was on drugs.

3). Apparently, being role models for younger kids and being representatives of the University doesn't matter to people like you as long as they can dribble and dunk, right? Remember that the next time you see a line of kids waiting to get an autograph from one of these players.

I don't recall saying that at all. You are trying to put words in my mouth that haven't been there.
These players are kids, in college. I know in your world they are suppose to be perfect but in the REAL world they are not. They make mistakes, as we all do. Just because YOU hold them to a higher standard doesn't mean they do themselves. They are KIDS and I'm almost sure they are not looking at you to judge what they do.

By the way Think more, Post less...

-- -- Joseph Joubert

hogsailor

-- -- Joseph Joubert

hogsailor

Quote from: BennyBlancofromtheRock on April 22, 2007, 10:31:30 pm

amazing...

If you didn't see that coming you aren't as familiar with the internet fan as you should be.

Yes I know, I should expect it...

-- -- Joseph Joubert

bobetty

in fairness to Charles, it did sound like the skank needed a little attitude adjustment and she should be thankful she only got a little carpet burn.   :P

hogsailor

Quote from: bobetty on April 22, 2007, 10:55:49 pm
in fairness to Charles, it did sound like the skank needed a little attitude adjustment and she should be thankful she only got a little carpet burn.   :P

That was completely uncalled for...

-- -- Joseph Joubert

pigmania

Quote from: hogsailor on April 22, 2007, 10:38:10 pm

amazing...

Hmmm...
And what is your point?

To my knowledge none.

Interesting how? The drug use and the ineligibility (which happens at every school) came about BECAUSE of the search, not because Heath was fired. No where in those reports was there any mention of players abusing women. Which I will quote you, players using that as an excuse to smoke weed and beat on women.

I don't recall saying that at all. You are trying to put words in my mouth that haven't been there.
These players are kids, in college. I know in your world they are suppose to be perfect but in the REAL world they are not. They make mistakes, as we all do. Just because YOU hold them to a higher standard doesn't mean they do themselves. They are KIDS and I'm almost sure they are not looking at you to judge what they do.

6'8" 248 lbs CT was arrested for what? Walking a little old lady across the street? No, for 3rd degree battery involving him and a woman. Do you think a woman can kick his arse in a fight. I don't think so. So apparently this man got into a fight with a woman and with his size could have easily injured her severely. I'm hoping your dad didn't raise you to think it was sometimes alright to hit a woman, depending on what the circumstance was.

When I used the term "players" I did so generically. I don't who was doing what, I used it in a plural sense to make the point it was more than 1 player. wasn't indicting the whole team.

Yes I do hold these guys to a higher standard, because they are in a position where they are watched constantly. More than the average student on campus. Want to bet Pelphrey holds them to a higher standard? They may not be looking at me to judge them and they shouldn't. They should be looking at their coach to judge them. He's the one who counts.

bobetty

why is nobody appalled that the skank called him a racial slur?  Interesting. 

pigmania

Quote from: bobetty on April 22, 2007, 11:14:55 pm
why is nobody appalled that the skank called him a racial slur?  Interesting. 
Didn't know that occurred or I would be. What's the story?

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: pigmania on April 22, 2007, 11:06:47 pm

amazing...

Hmmm...
And what is your point?

To my knowledge none.

6'8" 248 lbs CT was arrested for what? Walking a little old lady across the street? No, for 3rd degree battery involving him and a woman. Do you think a woman can kick his arse in a fight. I don't think so. So apparently this man got into a fight with a woman and with his size could have easily injured her severely. I'm hoping your dad didn't raise you to think it was sometimes alright to hit a woman, depending on what the circumstance was.

When I used the term "players" I did so generically. I don't who was doing what, I used it in a plural sense to make the point it was more than 1 player. wasn't indicting the whole team.

Yes I do hold these guys to a higher standard, because they are in a position where they are watched constantly. More than the average student on campus. Want to bet Pelphrey holds them to a higher standard? They may not be looking at me to judge them and they shouldn't. They should be looking at their coach to judge them. He's the one who counts.

he didn't hit anybody....you do realize that the policed have no choice but to make an arrest on these calls despite the fact that there was very little actual violence.

That being said Charles needs to grow up.

On the real, it sounds like this girl isn't some girlfriend he hasn't been with in a year....They've been broken up for a year and she went over there to get videos to return? Yeah right, it sounds like she's the other woman, and not happy about it. Went over there to act a fool and got CT to respond even more stupid than she hoped, by hitting him with racial epitaphs and threading to "tell" his baby momma something ( i wonder what that could be)

BennyBlancofromtheRock

CT's mom should have taught him about those fast girls.

bobetty

in reading the entire story, it sounds like the typical behavior of a bitter skank who has just lost her stud service. 

bobetty

when you are a future NBA prospect, those hoes come at you so fast, it just messes you up. 

pigmania

Quote from: BennyBlancofromtheRock on April 22, 2007, 11:20:33 pm

amazing...

Hmmm...
And what is your point?

To my knowledge none.

he didn't hit anybody....you do realize that the policed have no choice but to make an arrest on these calls despite the fact that there was very little actual violence.

On the real, it sounds like this girl isn't some girlfriend he hasn't been with in a year....They've been broken up for a year and she went over there to get videos to return? Yeah right, it sounds like she's the other woman, and not happy about it. Went over there to act a fool and got CT to respond even more stupid than she hoped, by hitting him with racial epitaphs and threading to "tell" his baby momma something ( i wonder what that could be)

Actually former neighbors of mine fought all the time and had the police called on them several times. If there was any physical evidence such as scratches, bruises, etc. on the wife, the husband could have been arrested. If she insisted on not prosecuting or having him arrested, in which she did, then he was not taken in. He was told he would be arrested if they had to come back. Now this was 12 yrs ago. Things may have changed since there are stronger domestic violence laws.

Thank God I'm happily married with 2 children and I don't have to live in the soap opera CT has to live in.

hogsailor

April 22, 2007, 11:44:48 pm #121 Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 11:55:28 pm by hogsailor

amazing...

Hmmm...
And what is your point?

To my knowledge none.

Nice way of getting around my points, but I'll bite.

To your first paragraph,
No he wasn't "walking a little old lady across the street". Until the facts come out we don't know what happened.
Yes he was much larger than the female involved, but let me lay out a scenario for you.
You have a man, 6'8" 248lbs, and a woman, half his size with a 357 pointed at him. (I know this isn't what happened) threatening to shoot him. If you were that man what would you do?
Say "I'm a man, I shouldn't hit a woman!" and let her shoot you, or try to get the weapon away from her and restrain her at any cost?
I know what I would do but, we may never know what actually occurred in this incident.

To you second paragraph, you admit "I don't know who was doing what I used it in a plural sense to make the point it was more than 1 player. wasn't indicting the whole team."
So it was more than one player abusing women?
You said, "the players using that as an excuse to smoke weed and beat on women".
To me that sounds like you ARE indicting the whole team, but thats just me.

To your third paragraph, you're probably right, players should be held to a higher standard, but again I say, they are just kids, they aren't perfect and neither are you or I.
We all make mistakes and at the point of doing, in the heat of it, probably aren't thinking of our status in society at the time.
As I said in an earlier post, CT doesn't need to worry about what the judge does to him, but he does need to worry about what Pelphrey will.

-- -- Joseph Joubert

hogsailor

April 22, 2007, 11:47:26 pm #122 Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 11:49:37 pm by hogsailor

-- -- Joseph Joubert

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: pigmania on April 22, 2007, 11:34:08 pm
Quote from: BennyBlancofromtheRock on April 22, 2007, 11:20:33 pm

amazing...

Hmmm...
And what is your point?

To my knowledge none.

Actually former neighbors of mine fought all the time and had the police called on them several times. If there was any physical evidence such as scratches, bruises, etc. on the wife, the husband could have been arrested. If she insisted on not prosecuting or having him arrested, in which she did, then he was not taken in. He was told he would be arrested if they had to come back. Now this was 12 yrs ago. Things may have changed since there are stronger domestic violence laws.

Thank God I'm happily married with 2 children and I don't have to live in the soap opera CT has to live in.

yeah pretty sure things have changed what with the introduction of battered womens syndrome into the lexicon of criminal law.

hogsailor

"Thank God I'm happily married with 2 children and I don't have to live in the soap opera CT has to live in."

So lets don't make it harder on either of them than it has to be...

-- -- Joseph Joubert

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: hogsailor on April 23, 2007, 12:07:26 am
"Thank God I'm happily married with 2 children and I don't have to live in the soap opera CT has to live in."

So lets don't make it harder on either of them than it has to be...

I'll avoid it at all costs

ryanbush

Quote from: hawgsav1 on April 21, 2007, 05:09:59 pm
Quote from: TX HOG on April 21, 2007, 05:08:02 pm
Class A misemeanor is that just a ticket and fine?  Aren't speeding tickets Class A misdemeanors?

No, speedng tickets are just a fine.  You can't go to jail for speeding.  For a misdemeanor you can get up to maximum 1 year jail time

actually a police officer has the choice of taking you to jail or letting you sign the ticket, the ticket acts as a signature bond... as yes you can go to jail for speeding.

HogLove

These problems (drugs, receiving money, academics) have always been there.  They just all came out when Dana Altman discovered what Stan was covering up.  The people here were probably afraid Dana would tell people so they release the info.  Normally, they've been pretty good about keeping things underwraps.  (Patrick Beverly was arrested for assaulting a policeman but the policeman decided not to press charges because he liked Stan...it was in a news report...it's true).  The only players who haven't done any of the previous things mentioned are Cyrus McGowan, Andrew Boyd, and Steven Hill (also Preston Cranford and Sean McCurdy...but they're not around anymore).  On the Sara-Charles thing...I'm really really good friends with both of them, so it's hard to take a side.  I do know that she was over there watching rented movies, they got in an arguement about his baby's mother in Mississippi, she left...he called and begged her back...she returned to get the movies...he blocked the door so she couldn't leave...he broke her cell phone in two in the spat...she threw out a racial slur...she demanded he pay for the cell phone (all the while he was pushing her around)...she went to the neighbor to call the police to make sure he paid for her cell phone...when they came THE POLICE noticed her knee and arm...they asked if he hit her...she said yes...they said THEY would have to press charges for battery regardless of whether or not she wanted them to.  She was very upset that they did...she's really embarrassed and wanted none of this to happen.  But, the policemen said she did the right thing...and that she should be worried about her life not her phone.  There you have it.

boomo26

I am not saying this is what happened, but what if his ex gf was trying to hit him and kick him all he did was push her out of the way so he could get out of the situation?  With a guy his size it is not out of the question, 6"8' even pushing someone lighly would make someone small fly.  If that is the case I do not blame him, I would do that same and I would never hit a girl.  Again I am not saying this is what happened.

Boomo

HogLove

Did you not read my post?  He was blocking the doorway so she would NOT leave!

boomo26

April 23, 2007, 11:07:31 am #130 Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 11:09:50 am by boomo26
Quote from: HogLove on April 23, 2007, 11:05:35 am
Did you not read my post?  He was blocking the doorway so she would NOT leave!

ohh well nevermind then, I skimmed through your post the first.  Remember short and sweet for the dumb people :)

Boomo

casken

Quote from: ilovepinebluff on April 21, 2007, 05:08:42 pm
Quote from: TX HOG on April 21, 2007, 05:08:02 pm
Class A misemeanor is that just a ticket and fine?  Aren't speeding tickets Class A misdemeanors?

I thought you went to jail for Class A?

It isn't just a speeding ticket.  HE went to jail, there was a 1000.00 bond.  It used to be in Arkansas that a domestic battery suspect was held for a first appearence "before" opportunity to make bond. 

I haven't been a cop for about 5 yrs so things may have changed since then.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

mbgrulz

Quote from: bobetty on April 22, 2007, 11:24:21 pm
when you are a future NBA prospect, those hoes come at you so fast, it just messes you up. 
yeah, but when your not a future NBA prospect, and just a decent college player, you are stuck with the crazy ones that taunt you into doing something wrong to them.

jry04

Quote from: vol_in_ar on April 22, 2007, 10:46:24 am
Quote from: orgkeith on April 22, 2007, 09:49:47 am
Quote from: vol_in_ar on April 22, 2007, 09:27:53 am
THE ADG, article says he pushed her down and broke her cell phone.

They were fighting after she went back to his apartment to pick up movies, when the police got there she was crying and had carpet burns.
The article also says she threw his cell phone against the wall and was threatening him with something to do with another ex girl friend.   When I first heard about this I expected the worse.  This one appears to go both ways.  Wouldn't be surprised to see some counter charges in this case.  Who was stalking who here?

Both ways, he's 6'8", while the article didn't say, I doubt it was fair fight..

For one, this doesn't sound like a fight. The article said Thomas has scrapes on his chin. Who is to say that girl didn't start hitting him or clawing at him and in defense he pushed her down to get her away? I don't agree with hitting a woman, but if a girl came at me at my own apartment trying to hit me I would probably push her down or hold her down too. I figured you would make Thomas out to be a horrible person since you are from UT. I can promise you if a girl started scratching or hitting you, in the heat of the moment you would push her off of you.

jry04

April 23, 2007, 12:04:25 pm #134 Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 12:06:30 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: HogLove on April 23, 2007, 09:40:37 am
These problems (drugs, receiving money, academics) have always been there.  They just all came out when Dana Altman discovered what Stan was covering up.  The people here were probably afraid Dana would tell people so they release the info.  Normally, they've been pretty good about keeping things underwraps.  (Patrick Beverly was arrested for assaulting a policeman but the policeman decided not to press charges because he liked Stan...it was in a news report...it's true).  The only players who haven't done any of the previous things mentioned are Cyrus McGowan, Andrew Boyd, and Steven Hill (also Preston Cranford and Sean McCurdy...but they're not around anymore).  On the Sara-Charles thing...I'm really really good friends with both of them, so it's hard to take a side.  I do know that she was over there watching rented movies, they got in an arguement about his baby's mother in Mississippi, she left...he called and begged her back...she returned to get the movies...he blocked the door so she couldn't leave...he broke her cell phone in two in the spat...she threw out a racial slur...she demanded he pay for the cell phone (all the while he was pushing her around)...she went to the neighbor to call the police to make sure he paid for her cell phone...when they came THE POLICE noticed her knee and arm...they asked if he hit her...she said yes...they said THEY would have to press charges for battery regardless of whether or not she wanted them to.  She was very upset that they did...she's really embarrassed and wanted none of this to happen.  But, the policemen said she did the right thing...and that she should be worried about her life not her phone.  There you have it.
I am not doubting you know them, but you just said it is hard to take sides. Everything you just stated about the situation was supporting the girl. It doesn't sound like you are having a problem taking sides. It was reported he had scrapes on his chin. You didn't mention a single thing about that. Were those not a part of the incident or did you just not feel like telling what she did?

Also, you said he was blocking the door all while pushing her around. What do you mean by pushing her around? He probably shouldn't have been pushing her, but there is a bit of a difference between holding her back and pushing her back a bit to keep her from leaving so they can talk, and pushing her around out of anger and hurting her. I may not agree with those, but I think it would be a little worse if he was pushing her around out of anger.

Kilgor

Quote from: HogLove on April 23, 2007, 09:40:37 am

Show me that news report on PB.

I find nothing when searching for it.  Something like that would have gotten notice here, especially if it was reported in the news.  I call complete BS.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

little pigee

If you were such good friends you wouldn't be spewing this junk. 
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

H&D

Quote from: schweine on April 21, 2007, 05:43:31 pm
I bet it makes him feel like a big man beating on a woman.

I bet you were one of the first people to call the Duke kids rapist.  Remember innocent till proven guilty by a court of law, not public view.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

cosmodrum

Quote from: razorhead69 on April 22, 2007, 10:56:43 am
My wife has carpet burns from last night.
Hope I don't get arrested.

Well, if you do get arrested, I hope you get some community service time so you can come clean the cherry coke off my monitor, cus that sheeyite was funny!
Go away, batin'

PAHog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on April 21, 2007, 05:45:21 pm
I'm not defending him, but all she had to say was he pushed her once and he'd get arrested.

That would be assault and not battery.  In order for there to be a battery, there has to be a physical injury.  Physical injury could be anything from a transient red mark to full on busted and bleeding.  You may be able to prove physical injury if there isn't any mark with intense pain present, but it is very difficult.  Unfortunately, domestic battery is a very big problem.  It is probably reason #1 for most homicides.  Officer Martinez in Fort Smith was shot when responding to a domestic incident for a recent example.  Officers take these calls extremely serious and are often forced to make judgment calls on the scene.  Because of their nature, there are often no other witnesses outside of the alleged aggressor and the alleged victim.  You take the two sides of the story, look at any physical evidence, and make an arrest.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

cosmodrum

Quote from: PAHog on April 23, 2007, 03:09:48 pm
I'm not defending him, but all she had to say was he pushed her once and he'd get arrested.

That would be assault and not battery.  In order for there to be a battery, there has to be a physical injury.  Physical injury could be anything from a transient red mark to full on busted and bleeding.  You may be able to prove physical injury if there isn't any mark with intense pain present, but it is very difficult.  Unfortunately, domestic battery is a very big problem.  It is probably reason #1 for most homicides.  Officer Martinez in Fort Smith was shot when responding to a domestic incident for a recent example.  Officers take these calls extremely serious and are often forced to make judgment calls on the scene.  Because of their nature, there are often no other witnesses outside of the alleged aggressor and the alleged victim.  You take the two sides of the story, look at any physical evidence, and make an arrest.

From what I was taught way back in the 8th grade, I thought assault was verbally threatening a person, i.e., "Hey, I'ma gunna kick yo arse!" The battery is the actual arse kicking. But I also thought just the physical contact is enough to warrant battery. Not just touching a person, of course, but shoving, grabbing, that kind of stuff, is considered battery.

Whars tha hogville lawdawgs?!
Go away, batin'

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 23, 2007, 03:15:09 pm
Quote from: PAHog on April 23, 2007, 03:09:48 pm

From what I was taught way back in the 8th grade, I thought assault was verbally threatening a person, i.e., "Hey, I'ma gunna kick yo arse!" The battery is the actual arse kicking. But I also thought just the physical contact is enough to warrant battery. Not just touching a person, of course, but shoving, grabbing, that kind of stuff, is considered battery.

Whars tha hogville lawdawgs?!

Any offensive touching= battery
Creating the imminent apprehension of such a touching= assault