Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rob Evans hired by Arkansas

Started by Mark Lericos, April 19, 2007, 03:02:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Lericos

Joins Pelphrey's staff. Former head coach at Arizona State and Ole Miss.

FYI.

Mark Lericos

HangTenHog

badbeagle

WOW, that is a bigtime hire for asst coach!

HighonSwine

Outstanding hire.  He is a good recruiter.  He has pulled a few out of the hat over the years just usually could never pull 5 out of the hat.  But if he can pull a couple of big time prospects a year to go along with his coaching experience he will be worth his weight in salary.

pigsnoter49

Ding Dong The Dork Is Gone Oh Happy Day!

forrest city joe

I really feel good about JP so far. we may have lucked out here by Altman leaving. Rob evans is a great hire for this staff. with him now here, we will always play hard. and he teaches great defense. i love this hire.

VoR

Kudos for the read and the update Mark.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

hogfan0307

Quote from: HighonSwine on April 19, 2007, 03:14:01 pm
Outstanding hire.  He is a good recruiter.  He has pulled a few out of the hat over the years just usually could never pull 5 out of the hat.  But if he can pull a couple of big time prospects a year to go along with his coaching experience he will be worth his weight in salary.
I'm guessing he got Ike Diagu to go to Ariz. St....also good head coaching experience + he won at Ole miss, that isnt easy to do

Torqued pork

There was a time when I would've been happy to have had Evans for a head coach. Very good hire imo.

hoggydog

40YrHogFan

Great hire. Evans won at Ole Miss when very few could.

Biggus Piggus

Awesome hire.  If only Heath had been able to make a hire that good when he started.
[CENSORED]!

SardisHog

Great add on as an assistant. JP as head coach sure looking good now.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

Conway Cool Daddy

Welcome aboard Rob Evans!

Isn't there one more spot left to fill?

Who's it going to be?

Porkerpower

It's so nice to say SOOIE!!!!!!           again

parrishw

I think I might like this Pelphrey guy. This a huge hire.

NuttinItUp

Nice job Pelphrey. Putting together a hell of a team.

jhudson84

Has been an assisst. at Tex Tech, NM St, and Ok. St.  A head coach at Ole Miss and Ariz. St.  He has to have some recruiting ties to the south being around for 38 years.  Does anyone have any info on this?

HawgWyld

Heh. More good news from the John Pelphrey era, huh? I've got a good feeling about that coach!

PowderedToastMan

That is awesome!!!
Great job, Pelphrey!  That is one heck of a hire.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

A Boy Named Sue E.

Way to go Pelphrey! Welcome aboard, Evans.

razorback903

A solid coach with tons of experience.  Can we get a ticker counting down how long till tip off of the John Pelphrey Era!!!  I can't wait till the first game!!

Go Hogs Go!!!
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

spudhog

great, we can in-state recruit now. ha ha

slopinhogs

[byahoo. go hogsb] i'm tickeld pink i think Rob will be a sasset to coach Pel. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

bd93

Awesome!!

This is great hire by JP!

ballhog™

Before we hired Heath, Evans was  a name  I thought should be considered.  2 weeks ago he would have been a bigger big name hire for coach than JP.

I think this will be a very good hire.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

PLAYBOAR

I'm impressed.  Rob Evans on board is a huge boost for recruiting and adds SEC experience to the staff. 

Way to go John!

:razorback:        :razorback:           :razorback:
Hey Ref, does your wife know you're screwing us?

heathman

Great Hire!!!  Well help tremendously with recruiting in the south.  Here is the ESPN link.  http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2843285

skeetmaster24

Stop talking fat man!! You are a liar!!

pigture perfect

Man, if I wasn't already excited about the basketball program, I would be after this hire. I have always respected Rob Evans. This is awesome news. We needed some positive excitement in our basketball program and I say we've got it now.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

rocksalt

Looks like Pelphrey is serious about winning.  It's good to have a Head Coach that is not intimidated by someone else's experience (referring to HN).

Great Hire John!

Welcome Rob !
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

Reaganite

Wow this is great!  Also good to know not much goes unreported by 40/29!

94 Hawg

WPS!  welcome to Arkansas coach Evans!   :razorback:
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

lilredheadedlady

Welcome, Mr. Evans, to the U of A.  We're glad you're here.

Great hire! WPS!
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

elvis26

way to go hogs!! that was a great hire!! rob is a outstanding recruiter!! sincerely elvis26 ;D

razorprep

An old hog fanatic

Rob Evans recruited well in Arkanas while at Ole Miss.  He became a real thorn in our side using Arkansas players to boot.  A wonderful hire.  Go Hogs!
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

silvertip

Quote from: spudhog on April 19, 2007, 04:49:42 pm
great, we can in-state recruit now. ha ha

LOL. Just what I was thinking. I'm hoping Evans can bring us some Mississippi recruits---there's a lot of talent in that state.

It would by nice to beat MS with MS kids, instead of them beating us with Arkansas kids.  WPS!!

rljjr

Excellent News. Can't wait for BBall season again!!! WPS :razorback:

prairiehogcompanion

Quote from: hogfan0307 on April 19, 2007, 03:17:13 pm
Quote from: HighonSwine on April 19, 2007, 03:14:01 pm
I'm guessing he got Ike Diagu to go to Ariz. St....also good head coaching experience + he won at Ole miss, that isnt easy to do

Ike went to Arizona.

HoopS

Welcome aboard. 

This is a good hire, imo.

Also, thanks to opine was his lucky guess yesterday.  :P

tannerspapa

excellent hire and how pleasant to read a thread where everybody is upbeat and positive!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny crack about maybe we get instate kids....+1

I liked him at Mississippi and had alot of respect for him then, glad to have him on our team.

HawgWyld

Quote from: tannerspapa on April 19, 2007, 07:22:53 pm
excellent hire and how pleasant to read a thread where everybody is upbeat and positive!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny crack about maybe we get instate kids....+1

I liked him at Mississippi and had alot of respect for him then, glad to have him on our team.
Isn't it, though? Ah, the unifying force that is John Pelphrey! I hope support for the team continues to grow.

moses_007

Quote from: HoopSlap on April 19, 2007, 07:17:16 pm
Welcome aboard. 

This is a good hire, imo.

Also, thanks to opine was his lucky guess yesterday.  :P

Opine must have had a tip.  Glad to have Evans aboard.

HoopS

Pignominious

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 19, 2007, 03:16:53 pm
                          I really feel good about JP so far. we may have lucked out here by Altman leaving. Rob evans is a great hire for this staff. with him now here, we will always play hard. and he teaches great defense. i love this hire.

Good point Joe.  I was thinking the same thing.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

golfjam

that's solid....even had my Ole Piss friends saying we got a good one......not afraid to chew some arse either.....
golf
It's Evolution Baby!

hillhog

All I can say is "GET ME MY SEASON TICKET ORDER, NOW!!!!" Feels great to get excited about another Hogs team. Now if we could just be excited about football.