Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stephen Hill, Class Act....

Started by HandD used autos, April 16, 2007, 10:26:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: HogLove on April 16, 2007, 09:34:45 pm
Hey, I'm one of Steven's really good friends.  I was with him this weekend at a party and I can assure you he wasn't "drunk of his ___".  Steven isn't a HUGE partier.  He's 21 and drinks occasionally...whoever made that comment must have been seeing double.  (Not to mention...I believe many of the other basketball players failed their drug tests this year..some you might not even know about).  As for the guy who keeps doggin' Steven...I know I might be partial to Steven but...who are you to say how upset he gets after losses?!  Hm?  You have absolutely no idea how much he puts into this program.  Not to mention, you have no idea what the pro scouts have said to him after he ended this season.  You probably don't know that he's already been told if he went this year he would be one of the 60.  So, for those of you that just insist on turning a perfectly good and positive thread into one that bashes a guy you don't even know...please stop.  Because, you have absolutely no idea what's going on.  Thank you.

Not "dogging" him, just giving my opinion about his skills.  If he can't do it here, here won't be able to at the next level.  IMO.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: mrp on April 16, 2007, 09:56:15 pm
Notshavin...one of the few times for me to disagree with you.  Steven has skills that Andrew Lang could only wish for, and Lang hung around in the NBA for years.

There's always a spot on someone's roster for a 7 footer like Steven Hill, and its good to hear that he's good with the kiddies.

Lang could only wish for?  MRP, oh, no you dih-endt...

I watched Lang religiously, and that kid could play in the paint.  He blocked shots, rebounded AND had a low post game.  Hill doesn't even come close, he can't even find the basket when somehow the ball happens to bounce in his hands on the offensive end.  I would take Andrew over Hill EASILY even today.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Dwight_K_Shrute

Do you know how much beer that guy can probably drink?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

bville_hog

I see Hill in church just about everytime I go.  About his play this year, I think he improved 500%.  There were quite a few games we would have lost if not just for his offense.

jcam61

Quote from: iheartred on April 16, 2007, 12:06:24 pm
Quote from: HandD used autos on April 16, 2007, 10:26:30 am
We sat a little behind Stephen Hill and his lady friend at the baseball game Saturday.  He was asked numerous times by different youngsters for autographs/pictures and was very cordial to every one of them.  He is a true Hog thru and thru.  Way to go Stephen!  You are Class Act!!

ya well I saw him that night at a Frat Party getting drunk off his ______ss. Good guy tho

Thank God...  Im glad he's enjoying college.  Social events are half the fun!!  ;)

dhornjr1

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on April 16, 2007, 10:08:23 pm
Quote from: mrp on April 16, 2007, 09:56:15 pm
Notshavin...one of the few times for me to disagree with you.  Steven has skills that Andrew Lang could only wish for, and Lang hung around in the NBA for years.

There's always a spot on someone's roster for a 7 footer like Steven Hill, and its good to hear that he's good with the kiddies.

Lang could only wish for?  MRP, oh, no you dih-endt...

I watched Lang religiously, and that kid could play in the paint.  He blocked shots, rebounded AND had a low post game.  Hill doesn't even come close, he can't even find the basket when somehow the ball happens to bounce in his hands on the offensive end.  I would take Andrew over Hill EASILY even today.

Lang's offensive skills were limited but they were still better than what Steven Hill's currently are. Hill may be a great kid but he is still woeful offensively.

Hogeration

Quote from: chshog on April 16, 2007, 12:36:44 pm
I talked to him at the baseball game and asked him if he was ready to "run" next year and he said the he had all summer to get ready do so. He was great with the kids. Shaun McCurdy was also there but many did not notice him. My wife also asked him for his autograph. When he left, he stopped and gave my wife a hug and said "I'll miss you neat year". I took that to mean Arkansas fans.
Better check her cell phone!

HandD used autos

Quote from: HogLove on April 16, 2007, 09:34:45 pm
Hey, I'm one of Steven's really good friends.  I was with him this weekend at a party and I can assure you he wasn't "drunk of his ___".  Steven isn't a HUGE partier.  He's 21 and drinks occasionally...whoever made that comment must have been seeing double.  (Not to mention...I believe many of the other basketball players failed their drug tests this year..some you might not even know about).  As for the guy who keeps doggin' Steven...I know I might be partial to Steven but...who are you to say how upset he gets after losses?!  Hm?  You have absolutely no idea how much he puts into this program.  Not to mention, you have no idea what the pro scouts have said to him after he ended this season.  You probably don't know that he's already been told if he went this year he would be one of the 60.  So, for those of you that just insist on turning a perfectly good and positive thread into one that bashes a guy you don't even know...please stop.  Because, you have absolutely no idea what's going on.  Thank you.

Thanks for your comments.  SH is one of my favorite Hogs from this year.  I believe that the coaching change will help Steven more than any other player. 
I did let my children go get an autograph, but only between innings.  He was nothing but a perfect gentleman and seemed thrilled to give his autograph to people (especially children).  Still a class act, whether he ever plays another game or not!

chshog

Quote from: hogeration on April 17, 2007, 06:02:30 am
I talked to him at the baseball game and asked him if he was ready to "run" next year and he said the he had all summer to get ready do so. He was great with the kids. Shaun McCurdy was also there but many did not notice him. My wife also asked him for his autograph. When he left, he stopped and gave my wife a hug and said "I'll miss you neat year". I took that to mean Arkansas fans.
Better check her cell phone!

I did.

sasnakrafan

Quote from: chshog on April 16, 2007, 03:53:29 pm
Quote from: homerjsimpson on April 16, 2007, 02:55:03 pm

Yeah, you should hope that he was referring to Arkansas fans!

Well, I can hope.

you don't have a text message plan on your phone do you? i'm just joshin ya, but steven hill will be missed.

HandD used autos

Quote from: sasnakrafan on April 17, 2007, 12:51:58 pm
Quote from: chshog on April 16, 2007, 03:53:29 pm
Quote from: homerjsimpson on April 16, 2007, 02:55:03 pm

Yeah, you should hope that he was referring to Arkansas fans!

Well, I can hope.

you don't have a text message plan on your phone do you? i'm just joshin ya, but steven hill will be missed.

I personally agree

BleedingHogLiberal

Steven Hill is a great young man who has had to face the sudden loss of his mother while balancing college life and the limelight of playing Razorback basketball. He and his girlfriend are both really sweet and we see them in church often.

My daughter (not a sports fan at all) commented after seeing him one Sunday. "He is (like) really tall! He (like) should think about (like) playing basketball..."  As a lifelong Razorback fan, I got a good laugh over this one and have shared it many times over...

Hopefully Steven will continue to improve and wait to go pro after next season!
"Sports do not build character. They reveal it."
- Heywood Broun