Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stephen Hill, Class Act....

Started by HandD used autos, April 16, 2007, 10:26:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HandD used autos

We sat a little behind Stephen Hill and his lady friend at the baseball game Saturday.  He was asked numerous times by different youngsters for autographs/pictures and was very cordial to every one of them.  He is a true Hog thru and thru.  Way to go Stephen!  You are Class Act!!

PigWig

I like Hill. He has the right attitude and will be a great asset to our team next year.  I'm anxious to see how much he develops this offseason with a coach that actually knows the game at the helm.

HandD used autos

yeah, i fully expect his offensive game to pick up quickly.

Bomis Hawg

Steven Hill is a solid person and basketball player.
He's the guy, regardless if he plays for Arkansas, you want to do well and make a hit in the NBA.
Here's to Steven's finest year next year at Arkansas.

SpareRib

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on April 16, 2007, 10:40:45 am
Steven Hill is a solid person and basketball player.
He's the guy, regardless if he plays for Arkansas, you want to do well and make a hit in the NBA.
Here's to Steven's finest year next year at Arkansas.

Yep, Steven is a class act.  I hope Pelphrey turns him into a monster on the court next year and wish him all the best.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

bsking

dont take it to heart, and it may not be accurate at all, but a senior photographer hor the traveler told me that hill is considering entering the draft.  Its probably just a stupid rumer, because i think hes not ready, and he would get thrown around like a rag doll.  But, he IS one of the most athletic 7 footers you will ever find.  I highly doubt it, but there is definately a rumor out there.

arkjay19

Yeah, I saw Steven walking at Baum Saturday and some woman yelled at him from like 50 feet away asking him if he would meet her son.  He turned around, said sure, shook the kid's hand and talked to him for a little bit.  Steven is a class act and I'm glad he's a Razorback and hope he stays for his senior year.

HandD used autos

But, he IS one of the most athletic 7 footers you will ever find.  

I love to watch him go up after those alley oop passes and hammer em down!

Shocktheman

Quote from: HandD used autos on April 16, 2007, 10:26:30 am
We sat a little behind Stephen Hill and his lady friend at the baseball game Saturday.  He was asked numerous times by different youngsters for autographs/pictures and was very cordial to every one of them.  He is a true Hog thru and thru.  Way to go Stephen!  You are Class Act!!

Nice to see something positive on MMQB!  Virtual 1+

stan the man

Always a smart arse in every crowd and every thread.u
Quote from: HandD used autos on April 16, 2007, 10:59:28 am

OnYourToes

Steven Hill is great for our recruits.  I would love for him to go into the homes of potieltial Hogs.  He is the type of class act human being AND terrific basketball player that any coach would want and any player would want to have on their team.

Keep it up Steven!
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

HandD used autos

April 16, 2007, 11:06:38 am #11 Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 11:23:12 am by HandD used autos
Quote from: stan the man on April 16, 2007, 11:03:14 am
Always a smart arse in every crowd and every thread.u
Quote from: HandD used autos on April 16, 2007, 10:59:28 am

Hey stan the man,

???  How was that being a smart A?

It was never intended to be!  I personally think Hill is a great ambassador for an athletic program that seems to be headed down in a hurry!

PiggoBitttys

FWIW, I saw Mike Washington and Stefan Welsh at the scrimmage and both signed every autograph for numerous people who came up and took a picture with one of the kids.

HandD used autos

Quote from: PiggoBitttys on April 16, 2007, 11:18:21 am
FWIW, I saw Mike Washington and Stefan Welsh at the scrimmage and both signed every autograph for numerous people who came up and took a picture with one of the kids.

Awesome!  It proves that there are some class players in our program!  We should all be proud!

little pigee

It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

sharks89

Best Wishes to Steven Hill - A fine young man and an excellent Razorback!
Go Hogs!

_Collin1

I wouldnt mind seeing Hill get in the NBA and then swat Al Jeffereson everytime he goes up. 
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

HandD used autos

Quote from: BigC51 on April 16, 2007, 11:36:54 am
I wouldnt mind seeing Hill get in the NBA and then swat Al Jeffereson everytime he goes up. 

Ditto!

skeetmaster24

Stop talking fat man!! You are a liar!!

iheartred

ya well I saw him that night at a Frat Party getting drunk off his ______ss. Good guy tho

HandD used autos

Quote from: iheartred on April 16, 2007, 12:06:24 pm

ya well I saw him that night at a Frat Party getting drunk off his ______ss. Good guy tho

Wow!  I really hold your word as the Gospel!  Keep wishing you had 1/10 of the class SH has!!

chshog

I talked to him at the baseball game and asked him if he was ready to "run" next year and he said the he had all summer to get ready do so. He was great with the kids. Shaun McCurdy was also there but many did not notice him. My wife also asked him for his autograph. When he left, he stopped and gave my wife a hug and said "I'll miss you neat year". I took that to mean Arkansas fans.

Bottomfeeder

hill can be very good he has not been able to shoot a 12' a 3 like other teams post players now i know i blame i agree this can be a great year.

Razorhogs

Stephen Hill is a claas act.  We need more of that.

HandD used autos

Quote from: chshog on April 16, 2007, 12:36:44 pm
I talked to him at the baseball game and asked him if he was ready to "run" next year and he said the he had all summer to get ready do so. He was great with the kids. Shaun McCurdy was also there but many did not notice him. My wife also asked him for his autograph. When he left, he stopped and gave my wife a hug and said "I'll miss you neat year". I took that to mean Arkansas fans.

was that McCurdy in the white jacket/sweatshirt?
i thought it was but wasn't 100% sure!

rocksalt

That is good to hear. Just needs someone to help him develop his talent so we can follow his progress in the NBA.
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

Break & Run

Quote from: Bottomfeeder on April 16, 2007, 12:39:28 pm
hill can be very good he has not been able to shoot a 12' a 3 like other teams post players now i know i blame i agree this can be a great year.

dude, you dont make any sense...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

GO HOGS!!  Steven Hill for Athletic Director!!!
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

TX HOG

Quote from: Bottomfeeder on April 16, 2007, 12:39:28 pm

What??

LSPRazorbac

but was his lady friend hot?

weresoclose

Quote from: LSPRazorbac on April 16, 2007, 02:04:01 pm

but was his lady friend hot?

He's gonna be making bank here real quick, even if he isn't the most illustrious centers in the NBA.  So yeah, she's hot!!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

He's a class act alright.  Just like many other kids who should be dead weight on the bench.  He is weak, plays with no heart on the court and doesn't seem to care if we win of lose.

NBA?  Are you kidding me?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

wholehog92

Hill and McCurdy both have done FCA events together on a regular basis.  The team also came to Children's in LR while my son was there.  Those two specifically hung out with my son.  It was very nice of Stan to bring them and great that they didn't just become wall flowers.  I am glad they have both been HOGS.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: HandD used autos on April 16, 2007, 11:38:43 am
Quote from: BigC51 on April 16, 2007, 11:36:54 am

Ditto!
Hey Easy ....Big Al's still a Razorback to me.  What can you say Opportunity knocked and he LET HIM IN. Can you blame him?
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

homerjsimpson

Yeah, you should hope that he was referring to Arkansas fans!

Pignominious

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on April 16, 2007, 02:09:39 pm
He's a class act alright.  Just like many other kids who should be dead weight on the bench.  He is weak, plays with no heart on the court and doesn't seem to care if we win of lose.

If you watched the games you would have noticed he improved a lot last year.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

chshog

Quote from: HandD used autos on April 16, 2007, 12:43:59 pm

was that McCurdy in the white jacket/sweatshirt?
i thought it was but wasn't 100% sure!

Yes, it was him.

chshog

Quote from: homerjsimpson on April 16, 2007, 02:55:03 pm

Yeah, you should hope that he was referring to Arkansas fans!

Well, I can hope.

Stella

moses_007

He's a class act for sure...on and off the court... :razorback:

Bvilleboar

You have to love having great kids like that in our program.
2012 the year of the HOGS

HeadOverHill

Sometimes I'm not sure whether to take you seriously or not..
Personally, I think Steven will do awesome in the NBA. Recently he has gained some muscle, as well as a much tougher attitude, and has improved his overall game drastically.
And, on the contrary, I think he shows a great deal of heart on the court.
Keep it up, Steven!

yraciv

Quote from: HandD used autos on April 16, 2007, 12:24:25 pm

Wow!  I really hold your word as the Gospel!  Keep wishing you had 1/10 of the class SH has!!

Hate to dissapoint you, but this dude is telling the truth.  Hill and many athletes were out partying this weekend, but that in no way should reflect your impression of him.  He is a good guy and a class act, but he is a college kid too.

MuttiZuTigern

As for what Hill was up to that evening, it is not our concern as long as he did nothing illegal. I was in college once and recall attending a couple of frat parties and drinking a bit myself (as I'm sure many of us have/did/maybe even still do). I'm now a mom and a wife that has a full time job and a college degree.

Anyway, I was in Wal-Mart not long ago and noticed Hill and his g/f down one of the aisles, I hated to bother them but thought, heck, why not! So I asked him for his autograph and a picture. He said "Sure! I'd love to!" His g/f was sweet too!
It's time for NEW leadership on "The Hill"!

Fire Nutt!

rocksalt

Quote from: yraciv on April 16, 2007, 04:50:07 pm

I agree. There is nothing wrong with having a good time, it's when you get out of line that the problem starts. Heck, we've all seen people get out of line that weren't partying !

Hate to dissapoint you, but this dude is telling the truth.  Hill and many athletes were out partying this weekend, but that in no way should reflect your impression of him.  He is a good guy and a class act, but he is a college kid too.
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: yraciv on April 16, 2007, 04:50:07 pm

Yeah, its not like its illegal for him anymore either. I guarantee you 99% of the posters on this board got drunk before the age of 18.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: HeadOverHill on April 16, 2007, 04:48:01 pm

Sometimes I'm not sure whether to take you seriously or not..
Personally, I think Steven will do awesome in the NBA. Recently he has gained some muscle, as well as a much tougher attitude, and has improved his overall game drastically.
And, on the contrary, I think he shows a great deal of heart on the court.
Keep it up, Steven!

You can't play in the NBA if you are 7 feet and miss lay-ups underneath the basket.

Like I said, he's a good kid and I like him.  But he is not NBA talent.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Semper Hogelis

Here is hoping your 6th post is better than that. Heaven forbid a 21 y/o college student go to a party and drink.
The point is still the same. he is a fine young man, and I'm proud he is a Razorback.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

HogLove

Hey, I'm one of Steven's really good friends.  I was with him this weekend at a party and I can assure you he wasn't "drunk of his ___".  Steven isn't a HUGE partier.  He's 21 and drinks occasionally...whoever made that comment must have been seeing double.  (Not to mention...I believe many of the other basketball players failed their drug tests this year..some you might not even know about).  As for the guy who keeps doggin' Steven...I know I might be partial to Steven but...who are you to say how upset he gets after losses?!  Hm?  You have absolutely no idea how much he puts into this program.  Not to mention, you have no idea what the pro scouts have said to him after he ended this season.  You probably don't know that he's already been told if he went this year he would be one of the 60.  So, for those of you that just insist on turning a perfectly good and positive thread into one that bashes a guy you don't even know...please stop.  Because, you have absolutely no idea what's going on.  Thank you.

Footballref

I also sat behind the big man this weekend at the Baseball game and he did sign many autographs.
He is a very nice guy and he did sign everyone of the autographs that he was asked to sign even
some by adults.

But I do tend to believe that some people should put there self in his shoes and let the man go out in
public without being mobbed for autographs he was trying to hang with his woman.
He was only there about 5 innings and he spent 2 to 2.5 of them signing autographs.