Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Houston Nutt Support Thread....

Started by TorsinAHog, April 13, 2007, 11:34:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jdhoover

Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

lespaulHog

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on April 13, 2007, 12:20:41 pm
Quote from: Reaganite on April 13, 2007, 12:10:15 pm
Quote from: Hugulus Hog on April 13, 2007, 11:55:04 am
The more beating he takes in the court of naysayer opinion, the more I respect him.

I commend you for your strong sense of right and wrong there.  No shifting standards for you.  No sir.

LOL!

Character is revealed by crisis. hdn seems to be looking quite a bit better than his attackers.

For good or ill, hdn is the Ronald Reagan of college football coaches: the teflon coach.
I didn't like Reagan either. FIRE NUTT NOW!!!

Silver Hog

the tenacity of the NUTT to destroy GUS, MM and DW has made me unsympathetic towards him.

wirebender25

Lets put all of you people under a microscope.  I think Nutt is doing a fine job.

RazorRaider

Quote from: wirebender25 on April 13, 2007, 12:27:03 pm
Lets put all of you people under a microscope.  I think Nutt is doing a fine job.

why should we be under a microscope?

I would be willing to bet none of us here make as much as that moron makes.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

Richard_white

I agree.  He is doing an excellent job in recruiting, developing a passing game and game management. :puke:

The Marmot

38-36 in SEC play
0-5 vs. GA
0-3 vs. FL
3-6 vs. LSU (0-4 since '02)
2-4 vs. Tennie
1-1 vs. Vandy (gust of wind)
2-2 vs. Kentucky (7 OT win w/ MJ)
.500 against Bama and 1 game over .500 against Auburn.
0-2 in SECCGs
0-2 vs. USC (120 against - 31 for total points)
2-5 in bowl games (0-3 vs. Big Ten)
0 BCS appearances
67-43 overall with 19 wins over the likes of SEMO, Mizzou St., ULM, etc. and 21 wins over
the Mississippi Schools, S. Carolina and Vandy.

No e-mails, texts or phone calls. These are FACTS. Houston Nutt does not deserve anymore chances here.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Hawgballz

Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 13, 2007, 11:34:31 am
I am not a huge Nutt supporter; however, the tenacity of the fan base to destroy this man has made me sympathetic towards him.  Even though  the attacks are aimed at him (professional and personal life), there will be deleterious effects on his wife and daughter.  Imagine if your daughter heard similar rumors about you?  Have we forgotten the terrible decade of the 90s with Crowe, Kines, Ford?  Have we not learned anything from the fiasco of the BBall coaching search?  Did we not learn from the Bama and Miami football coaching searches?  Arkansas football is not on the level of Bama or Miami. Miami had to settle and Bama couldn't find a coach until they dumped a ton of money at him.  Why would any "name" coach come here with the descent in the fan base.  If he won 11 or 12 games (earlier thread) next year most of you would still want him gone.  There is something wrong with that. 

I understand how you are feeling.  I have called for Nutt to be replaced since the Vandy game of 2005, but amount of & meaness / recklessness of some of the attacks launched against Coach Nutt have made me wonder how far some people will carry things on both sides of this dispute.  I still support a different direction for the football program long-term, but for this coming season I will gladly renew my season tickets (asking for 2 more) and will cheer loudly for our program, the players and yes even Coach Nutt.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

BigDeal

Quote from: RazorRaider on April 13, 2007, 12:28:14 pm

Please read these posts by hog fans carefully. No, I won't say I told you so, should you decide join the ranks of those that do not wish to see a personal attack campaign against Coach Nutt.

RazorRaider

Quote from: BigDeal on April 13, 2007, 12:42:45 pm

Please read these posts by hog fans carefully. No, I won't say I told you so, should you decide join the ranks of those that do not wish to see a personal attack campaign against Coach Nutt.

Perhaps you should just read.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

bhuie

Quote from: heater on April 13, 2007, 11:52:36 am
38-36 in SEC play
0-5 vs. GA
0-3 vs. FL
2-4 vs. Tennie
0-2 in SECCGs
0 BCS appearances
67-43 overall with 19 wins over the likes of SEMO, Mizzou St., ULM, etc. and 21 wins over the Mississippi Schools, S. Carolina and Vandy.

These are FACTS. Houston Nutt does not deserve anymore chances here.

Too bad FACTS don't shut Huggers up...

GorillaJMonsoon

Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 13, 2007, 11:44:53 am
Are you referring to the Miami or NC State jobs? We have no idea what happened. Maybe they were asking about an assistant, good places to eat, etc.  That is all speculation based on phone records.   
So he calls miami (who has a job opening) and then his agent.  Then he calls NC state (who has a job opening) and then his agent.  If you want to think that these calls were about anything other than the job openings then thats your right.  You probably think OJ was innocent since they never PROVED anything.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: BigDeal on April 13, 2007, 12:42:45 pm

38-36 in SEC play
0-5 vs. GA
0-3 vs. FL
2-4 vs. Tennie
0-2 in SECCGs
0 BCS appearances
67-43 overall with 19 wins over the likes of SEMO, Mizzou St., ULM, etc. and 21 wins over

There is nothing personal with me regarding HDN.  The above speaks volumes.  The fact that we are poor little Arkansas and cannot do better attitude bothers me.  We can do much better.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

Newcoachplease

It is the fans fault that Coach Nutt lives a scandalous life! Blame the Fans Nutt lovers...blame the fans!!!

Big_D

In response to all you Nutt supporters saying that all those text messages mean nothing, here's what I say to you

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck , quacks like a duck.......... it's a duck, geniuses

Tripod1

I disagree the statement that we cannot win NC because of our recruiting base.  IF we keep ALL of our top high school players here and successfully recruit Texas and surrounding states then we are in the hunt for a NC. The only reason we never are is because that FENCE HAS A HUGE HOLE IN IT.  Get a top notch coach, let him rebuild the fence and we are in the hunt. 

007 License To Squeal

I will support Nutt as coach.....................of any other University.....Fire him Now.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Puerco Diablo

Quote from: heater on April 13, 2007, 12:35:56 pm
38-36 in SEC play
0-5 vs. GA
0-3 vs. FL
2-4 vs. Tennie
0-2 in SECCGs
0 BCS appearances

No e-mails, texts or phone calls. These are FACTS. Houston Nutt does not deserve anymore chances here.

Nutt is 0-3 in SECCGs.

Big_D

Any of you guys remember Ced the Entertainer's quote in the movie "Barber Shop". It went like this "OJ did it , OJ did it " .  Now just substitute in Houston for OJ.

The Marmot

Quote from: Puerco Diablo on April 13, 2007, 01:02:30 pm
38-36 in SEC play
0-5 vs. GA
0-3 vs. FL
2-4 vs. Tennie
0-2 in SECCGs
0 BCS appearances

Nutt is 0-3 in SECCGs.

Sorry. I will correct this in my ODPHNINGTJDASBR (Official Document Proving Houston Nutt Is Not Getting The Job Done And Should Be Replaced).
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Justifiable Hogicide

I "support" the Razorbacks so I "support" Houston Nutt being removed.

:razorback:

dsewell70

Quote from: Tripod1 on April 13, 2007, 01:00:34 pm
I disagree the statement that we cannot win NC because of our recruiting base.  IF we keep ALL of our top high school players here and successfully recruit Texas and surrounding states then we are in the hunt for a NC. The only reason we never are is because that FENCE HAS A HUGE HOLE IN IT.  Get a top notch coach, let him rebuild the fence and we are in the hunt. 

there hasn't been a fence around Arkansas in decades... Prime example of a hole in the fence going a long ways back is the current color analyst on Hog football, Keith Jackson... heck, he even went to another run-oriented school that used him in a passing game and got him into the NFL

dacskc

Most people here support the Hogs in spite of the coach, love for the team overrides how most of us feel about its"leader". We will go to games and hope with all our hearts that the team wins every game. Wins and losses will ultimately have little to do with the demise of HDN (for those of you who think darksiders wish the program ill to hasten his departure). I've seen several people make the statement that what other coach would want to be here after hearing about how Dale was treated. Those people have not considered history. The fan base has never collectively treated a coach in this manner before, and is not likely to again (unless given reasons).Historically Hog fans have been united in their coach's corner, so for this to be happening the way it is speaks volumes. As for the personal attacks...I don't believe that they are. When a friend of yours sends a harrassing email to one of your players (one that you  obviously have no love lost for) SECONDS after you hang up from a phone call,..at the the very least it looks shady. When you send countless emails in the middle of the night  to someone you MAY have a business relationship with....well it just looks shady. When the highly respected OC says one thing, and you say another..it just looks shady. There's more.... need I  go on?  Maybe these things are all innocent (and maybe Pacman Jones is just always in the wrong place at the wrong time).. but PLEASE aren't the huggers tired of all these clouds of suspicion? I for one, would like a little light on the program and that will not happen until someone is gone. And no, the next coach will have nothing to worry about concerning "personal attacks" unless he misuses our trust in such a blatant manner. Cut out the cancer and make our program disease free.

hogsailor

Quote from: heater on April 13, 2007, 01:10:45 pm
Quote from: Puerco Diablo on April 13, 2007, 01:02:30 pm
38-36 in SEC play
0-5 vs. GA
0-3 vs. FL
2-4 vs. Tennie
0-2 in SECCGs
0 BCS appearances

Nutt is 0-3 in SECCGs.

Sorry. I will correct this in my ODPHNINGTJDASBR (Official Document Proving Houston Nutt Is Not Getting The Job Done And Should Be Replaced).

Why don't you just make it your tag line?

Then you won't have to go look it up everytime you make a post! ;)

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

dsewell70

Quote from: dacskc on April 13, 2007, 01:21:30 pm
Most people here support the Hogs in spite of the coach, love for the team overrides how most of us feel about its"leader". We will go to games and hope with all our hearts that the team wins every game. Wins and losses will ultimately have little to do with the demise of HDN (for those of you who think darksiders wish the program ill to hasten his departure). I've seen several people make the statement that what other coach would want to be here after hearing about how Dale was treated. Those people have not considered history. The fan base has never collectively treated a coach in this manner before, and is not likely to again (unless given reasons).Historically Hog fans have been united in their coach's corner, so for this to be happening the way it is speaks volumes. As for the personal attacks...I don't believe that they are. When a friend of yours sends a harrassing email to one of your players (one that you  obviously have no love lost for) SECONDS after you hang up from a phone call,..at the the very least it looks shady. When you send countless emails in the middle of the night  to someone you MAY have a business relationship with....well it just looks shady. When the highly respected OC says one thing, and you say another..it just looks shady. There's more.... need I  go on?  Maybe these things are all innocent (and maybe Pacman Jones is just always in the wrong place at the wrong time).. but PLEASE aren't the huggers tired of all these clouds of suspicion? I for one, would like a little light on the program and that will not happen until someone is gone. And no, the next coach will have nothing to worry about concerning "personal attacks" unless he misuses our trust in such a blatant manner. Cut out the cancer and make our program disease free.

Historically as in supporting Broyles.. that was probably the last football coach that the fan base fully united in the coach's corner... since then, people have always complained about the coach... but you do make a valid point that it hasn't been this far out there before Nutt

Semper Hogelis

Quote from: Big_D on April 13, 2007, 12:59:49 pm
In response to all you Nutt supporters saying that all those text messages mean nothing, here's what I say to you

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck , quacks like a duck.......... it's a duck, geniuses

Quote from: Newcoachplease on April 13, 2007, 12:53:37 pm
It is the fans fault that Coach Nutt lives a scandalous life! Blame the Fans Nutt lovers...blame the fans!!!
I've probably text my wife's friend 1,500 times in the past 2 months, and sometimes after 12 am. Boy. I didn't know I was getting so much action. If texting a family friend several times means you are having an affair with said person. I'm getting ripped off on this deal.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

hogsailor

Quote from: dsewell70 on April 13, 2007, 01:24:14 pm

Historically as in supporting Broyles.. that was probably the last football coach that the fan base fully united in the coach's corner... since then, people have always complained about the coach... but you do make a valid point that it hasn't been this far out there before Nutt

That may be because back then you couldn't have several thousand people
sitting in front of their computers discussing Hogs sports all at the same time.

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

dsewell70

Quote from: hogsailor on April 13, 2007, 01:32:35 pm

sitting in front of their computers discussing Hogs sports all at the same time.

you're right... lot more access to the Internet these days where peopld can type away

dacskc

Quote from: hogsailor on April 13, 2007, 01:32:35 pm

This is true, but I can't help but feel that our complaining would have been limited to on the field issues. HDN is giving us too much material for debate that has nothing to do with football.

Richard_white

Quote from: Semper Hogelis on April 13, 2007, 01:26:07 pm
Quote from: Big_D on April 13, 2007, 12:59:49 pm

Quote from: Newcoachplease on April 13, 2007, 12:53:37 pm
I've probably text my wife's friend 1,500 times in the past 2 months, and sometimes after 12 am. Boy. I didn't know I was getting so much action. If texting a family friend several times means you are having an affair with said person. I'm getting ripped off on this deal.

It is when there wasn't much texting to Lee or Burns.  Maybe if he spent time texting as much as he does to recruits, then it wouldn't be an issue for me. 

prairiehogcompanion

gohogs3218

It is not about winning games. It is about running off players and coaches and thinking the football program is their personal property. Last time I looked it was a STATE university comprised of students, athletes, faculty and admin. It is supported by taxpayer dollars and donations which includes lots of average joes. I do not feel sorry for anyone who thinks they are above reproach. People should not abuse authority that they have been given. I am sick of everything that involves any of the Nutt family. You reap what you sow. When you treat people poorly it usually comes back to bite you.

HuntinHog421

I find it funny that many darksiders say they support the program, not Nutt, but they won't buy tickets to support the program and they want the team to lose just because they want HDN gone. They're talking about how we'll get beat by Bama, LSU, and we won't get into a BCS game. Way to be a hog fan. They talk about integrity but will go to any measure to dig up firt on a coach. There are a few posts were people want to have a 7 win season and don't want to get in the SEC championship and don't want to get into a BCS bowl because Nutt is the coach, and he will get credit.
I support the program and I support the coaches. They need support. I don't care who you are, if you say you support the program but are giving up your tickets and rooting for us to lose, you are not a hog fan. You don't support the program if you do those things.
Nutt is gone, so let's move on.

sharks89

I support the Team but not the coach & staff.

Regardless of whether Nutt is a saint or a sinner, this man has single-handedly divided the fan base greater than any college FB coach that I can recall (possibly ever).

His leadership he led us to this soap opera. If Nutt has been open and communicated what was going on with his staff and players,  I question whether the FOI's would have been requested.

Because he did not address the growing issues, he allowed the fan base to seriously question his honer, integrity, ability, and leadership.

Houston brought this on himself and Frank, John White, Sugg, and the BOT allowed it to fester to the mess we have today.

If Nutt does not see that this he has created a MAJOR problem in the program (perception is reality), the I suggest that he will become known as Nutt, the AntiChrist of Hog Football - he will cause massive damage to the program that will take years to repair.

FIRE NUTT NOW!
Go Hogs!

bphi11ips

Quote from: BigDeal on April 13, 2007, 11:36:38 am
I am not a huge Nutt supporter; however, the tenacity of the fan base to destroy this man has made me sympathetic towards him.  Even though  the attacks are aimed at him (professional and personal life), there will be deleterious effects on his wife and daughter.  Imagine if your daughter heard similar rumors about you?  Have we forgotten the terrible decade of the 90s with Crowe, Kines, Ford?  Have we not learned anything from the fiasco of the BBall coaching search?  Did we not learn from the Bama and Miami football coaching searches?  Arkansas football is not on the level of Bama or Miami. Miami had to settle and Bama couldn't find a coach until they dumped a ton of money at him.  Why would any "name" coach come here with the descent in the fan base.  If he won 11 or 12 games (earlier thread) next year most of you would still want him gone.  There is something wrong with that. 

Hats off to you. More evidence the 48 page article and lynch mob that followed have backfired.
It is understood you may not agree with all his coaching decisions and that is fair game in my humble opinion. When fans drag his personal life into it, they have crossed that line.

Whar does mistreating MM have to do with HDN's personal life?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

arslp

Quote from: HuntinHog421 on April 13, 2007, 09:05:49 pm
I find it funny that many darksiders say they support the program, not Nutt, but they won't buy tickets to support the program and they want the team to lose just because they want HDN gone. They're talking about how we'll get beat by Bama, LSU, and we won't get into a BCS game. Way to be a hog fan. They talk about integrity but will go to any measure to dig up firt on a coach. There are a few posts were people want to have a 7 win season and don't want to get in the SEC championship and don't want to get into a BCS bowl because Nutt is the coach, and he will get credit.
I support the program and I support the coaches. They need support. I don't care who you are, if you say you support the program but are giving up your tickets and rooting for us to lose, you are not a hog fan. You don't support the program if you do those things.

Excellent post. 

I support the Razorback football team; will renew my season tickets, and also support the coach.  The Razorback football team has publicly and decidedly endorsed their coach, Houston Dale Nutt.  Of course, what do the players know?  They're just there with him everyday, while these posters screaming for him to be gone - well, shoot, they've only got the good of the program in mind, right?

Don't renew your tickets, scream like little boys about not getting your way, and wish for the Hogs to lose if it means the demise of HDN.  Sounds like real mature fans to me.
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

dmac_iz_kin

I have not read any responses, but this is a real good post. i've always said, he's not the best coach in the world but my prediction is he will have done better over his 10 year tenure than whoever else these ungreatful fans want for their next decade
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

arslp

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 13, 2007, 10:07:47 pm
Quote from: BigDeal on April 13, 2007, 11:36:38 am

Hats off to you. More evidence the 48 page article and lynch mob that followed have backfired.
It is understood you may not agree with all his coaching decisions and that is fair game in my humble opinion. When fans drag his personal life into it, they have crossed that line.

Whar does mistreating MM have to do with HDN's personal life?

Who else has HDN mistreated?  Why is it that in 9 years we hear about the "abuse" and "harrassment" of MM, but no one else?  If I'm not mistaken, I heard the term "Abuse of Mitchell" in the same report that HDN "Ignored him"; and that was by his grandmother on the Ft. Smith TV news.  Has "Mitchell" said he was abused?  Despite the fact that "He is 18" keeps getting written, that's old enough to serve this country in battle, old enough to vote, old enough to drive, get married, and even drink in a lot of states.  18 years old used to be a young man.  The term "abuse" is ridiculous.  That sounds ridiculously like an oxymoron to me = abuse/ignore.  So, after all these years, HDN decides to become a bully?  Why hasn't he been accused of such behavior prior to this year?

My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

Styflin

Quote from: RazorRaider on April 13, 2007, 12:13:20 pm
Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 13, 2007, 12:10:45 pm
Quote from: Richard_white on April 13, 2007, 12:02:37 pm
Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 13, 2007, 11:56:18 am

Oh yes I keep forgetting that the football gods many years ago deemed that we will never be able to win a NC. and that other schools like 'Bama , OSU, USC, Nebaraska and such would always be destined to do so.

Gotta love that inferiority complex that runs rabid through this state.

We dont have the in state recruiting base of those programs.  Not saying it CANT happen but Ark doesnt have the depth of talent to suport a run in the SEC, SECC, bowl game

Yeah but it sure does help that we get the 5 star kids in our state.  With little talent here in Arkansas (you said) you would think that would be a priority for Nutty. 

I agree.  Listen I was annoyed with Nutt with his play calling and poor in state recruiting however the fans went to dang far taking this to a personal level.  It will come back to haunt the program.

And keeping Nutt around much longer won't haunt us?

How many more years does he need to destroy this program to the point it cannot be salvaged?
[/quote]

Have you ever considered taking a break from posting?

Hsn_Hawg_Fan

Quote from: heater on April 13, 2007, 11:52:36 am
38-36 in SEC play
0-5 vs. GA
0-3 vs. FL
2-4 vs. Tennie
0-2 in SECCGs
0 BCS appearances
67-43 overall with 19 wins over the likes of SEMO, Mizzou St., ULM, etc. and 21 wins over the Mississippi Schools, S. Carolina and Vandy.

These are FACTS. Houston Nutt does not deserve anymore chances here.
This says it all, no one can argue the FACTS.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

I'll support the team and Nutt until we can find someone superior to replace him. I am not of the mind that just anyone could replace him and do better like some people do. I think he is actually a pretty good coach, and does pretty good. However, pretty good is a long way from good and a long long way from great. I am sure Nutt will get another job at a school in a major conference, but probably not a typical top 25 school. I do think we can do better and get a better coach. We will have to pay quite a bit more though to attract a big name here. When I say more, I mean way more than what a big name school like Michigan, Ohio State, or Florida would have to pay just to make up for coming to a school like Arkansas that is not known for being in the top 25 and BCS bowls. Right now we have Nutt, and as much as many hate him he and the team will probably win 10+ games this year. So, unless he pulls a Tubby Smith, we are probably stuck with him for another two years. I will  not sell my tickets or miss games because I think we could have a better coach. I want to see the hogs play and my feelings about wanting a better coach are not strong enough to keep me away.

walrus

This is how I feel about supporting Houston Nutt.  I have taken my children to the Razorback Club banquet in West Memphis for years.  I have a photo of one of my daughters in a hog cheerleader's outfit with Nutt from the banquet he attended here several years ago.  The banquet is coming up in a few weeks.  I want to support the Memphis-East Arkansas Razorback Club, but I don't think I can stand to attend and clap when he speaks.  I am concerned that by attending, I am implying support for him that is not there.  I am a Razorback fan, an Arkansas graduate, a Razorback Club member, but not a Houston Nutt fan.

babywhiz

Man, anyone out in Fayetteville tonight can see WHO the supporters are....they are the ones that are all driving the limos around town.....I have never seen so many limos in Fayetteville, EVER!
Safe is boring. Sweet insanity is the voice saying "I bet we can fit one more in there."

mword

"Official Houston Nutt Support Thread."

That's so funny. It should read "for people who don't have a clue what is going on."

BigNasty

I am a HDN supporter.  I do not know if the rumors posted on this site are fact like many tend to believe, but to me they are just rumors.  Just look at the Duke lacrosse kids.  Many thought they were guilty, and they ended up proving their innocence.  How would all of you feel, and the guy who made the 48 page document, if someone looked into all of your records and made a long 48 page document?  You may not have anything to hide, but I'm sure you wouldn't like it (ecspecially if they got into your personal life making allegations) 

As far as everyone posting stats about HDN's record, when was the last time Arkansas was in the national title hunt going into the last week of the regular season?  We were last year.  How many years did it take Bobby Bowden to win his first national title?  Roy Williams?  Coach K?  Nolan Richardson?

IMO, Arkansas is primed to have a great season next year, maybe even a very special one.  Basketball season will be exciting this year too.  A lot of things to be excited about, yet many are negative.  Oh well.

hawaiianhogster

I support Nutt packing and leaving the state of Arkansas. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

I really do not follow you guys who think Nutt is the UofA's personal Satan. Like I said before, I do not think he is a great coach and we could do better IMO, but damn he is not the worst thing to ever happen to the UofA by any stretch of the imagination. Although many here do not think highly of him and for good reason, nationally many think highly of Nutt and that we are lucky to have him. I know many will say they are uninformed, but that does not matter. The fact that they say it in articles and on television is enough to convince a whole lot of people who do not really follow the hogs. Of course, I agree those people don't really matter, but other coach's opinions do.
I also don't know where a lot of you serious dark siders get off on constantly insulting people who do support Nutt. It just makes you look childish and takes away any repsect a lot of people will have for your posts, not like that probably matters to many of you anyway. If a person likes Nutt for whatever reason that does not make him: stupid, uninformed, blind, deaf, dumb, a non-fan, a moron or anything else. All it makes them is a Hog fan and a person who, in their opinion, likes Nutt. That should be respected without childish little jabs and insults. Just keep posting your stats and reasonings, and if that does not work nothing will until they come around on their own.

Ftsmithmike

They live in Springdale, Memphis and Oklahoma. Nutt is the coach bc the real majority wants him here. Otherwise there would be mass defections from giving to the foundation. Which clearly has not happened or Nutt wouldnt be getting raises every year.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

Prosciutto

He is doing an average job and should be making our states average wage.