Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Houston Nutt Support Thread....

Started by TorsinAHog, April 13, 2007, 11:34:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 13, 2007, 11:34:31 am
I am not a huge Nutt supporter; however, the tenacity of the fan base to destroy this man has made me sympathetic towards him.   

So you sympathize with men whose actions you don't support because the rest of the population despises or badmouths them?

I am wondering if you apply the same idea to your opinions of Bin Laden, Hitler, Clinton/Pelosi/Kerry/Linda Tripp/Dick Cheney/G.W. Bush (depending on your political point of view), John Brady, and O.J. Simpson.

Since 1894

First and Foremost, I am FANatic about ARKANSAS RAZORBACK SPORTS - I will always (as long as I can afford it) support the foundation and buy season tickets.  As I look around my office, I see eight pictures, prints, ... dedicated to the Razorbacks, not to mention numerous books and press guides in my book shelves.  Some coach will not run me off.

Secondly, I am a fan of Gus, Mitch, Damion, Kodi, Lee, Green, Lil Herring and all kids that come from Arkansas and go somewhere else.  Just like I was a fan of Ken Hatfield, Keith Burns, Keith Jackson Sr., Cedric Houston, Eddie Sutton, ... and all the kids that left Arkansas in the past.  I want them to do well.

I want a change in leadership on the Hill and it is coming!  A new AD is the start and quite frankly, the MOST IMPORTANT HIRE WE WILL MAKE IN SOME TIME.

However, as long as I can, I will buy tickets and will always CALL THOSE HOGS.

BE GOOD.

John 
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

wholehog92

Quote from: BigDeal on April 13, 2007, 11:51:51 am
Quote from: hawgibalboa on April 13, 2007, 11:50:06 am
I support coach Nutt..all the haters will gone after the season or crying wanting him back in about 3 years after he leaves for a better job. The new coach whom ever he may be bring us down to the likes of Mississippi State and Baylor.  It takes a special person to be the head coach at the university.  Lou Hotz could only do it for a few years.  Ken Hatfield had a great run after you same people ran him off because you were crying about the option offense.  Jack Crowe was a joke.  Danny Ford who was a great coach couldnt do it.  Houston has been here longer than any coach since Frank Broyles.  That says alot about a man who has put up with so much crap from some fans are trying to do everything they know of to ruin him.  You people are failing miserably.  Bitterness leads to failure in anything.  Optimism leads to a bright future and if we had BOT and an AD with your attitude we would be a non factor every year.  Thank God we dont.  Houston is not a joke.  You haters are a joke.  People outside the state see Houston as a great coach so I would say you people are not capable of seeing a good thing until its gone.

Mods, I would like to nominate this post as Post of the Year.

I have just gotta ask with your history...Is your avatar and sig line supposed to be defending Kerry or making fun of him?  I am honestly curious.  I assumed making fun until I read some of your posts...Now I'm not so sure, your logic matches him well.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

bigbrutha

I've never supported Nutt's playcalling.  I began to support him a lot more once GM was hired.  Not because it was GM, but because it was an offensive coordinator.  I don't care if it's GM or DL.  I don't care if the OC has total control over in game playcalling.  I only care that the OC DESIGNS new plays, schemes, etc. that the Nuttster could not.  This team will not be affected at all by the losses of MM or GM this year.  I can't say that about the future however.  Write it down, 11 minimum wins this year.  Just because it's not GM, DL is an OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR.  Keep hating haters, just make sure to wipe the egg off your face at the end of the year. 

BurleyHog

Support Nutt

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Hell No!

Why would you support a coach that ran off the #1 high school recruit in the nation.  Obviousley Mitch has talent or he wouldn't be going to USC.  How is it that a coach that used to be a college quarterback can't recruit a decent quarterback?  Nutt is a good motivator.  The only problem is that only goes so far.  The first couple years it was great because we needed it.  Now we need a coach that will get on the players and show them what it takes to be a man.  Nutt is great for a team that just want's to win 7 to 10 games a year.  If you want a national championship we need a different coach.  Nutt is not the man.  His offensive philosophy sucks.  If he was in the Panny Waist Conference he might do alot better.  He's not though, he's in the SEC.  This is where the big dogs come to play, and he can't cut it by just chewing on his finger nails.

geoffhog

This thread should be called the "Official Lets Hijack a Support Nutt Thread Because We're a Bunch of Miserable People With Too Much Time On Our Hands and Whose Mama Never Taught Us Any Manners So We're Gonna Make a Bunch Of Childish References To Jockstraps Because We Think Junior High Jokes Are Funny."
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

Big_D

Quote from: BigDeal on April 25, 2007, 02:01:41 pm
We should immediately release Houston Nutt

Are you converted BigDeal?

from all the turmoil,rumors, and frivolous lawsuits bestowed upon him.

DOOKIEHEAD

who are you a jock strap for then?  I support coach Nutt 100%
Quote from: ArkieRebel on April 13, 2007, 11:35:08 am
Support Nutt? I WILL NOT be a jock strap for Dale.

stevenwayneslane

Quote from: hawgibalboa on April 13, 2007, 11:50:06 am
I support coach Nutt..all the haters will gone after the season or crying wanting him back in about 3 years after he leaves for a better job. The new coach whom ever he may be bring us down to the likes of Mississippi State and Baylor.  It takes a special person to be the head coach at the university.  Lou Hotz could only do it for a few years.  Ken Hatfield had a great run after you same people ran him off because you were crying about the option offense.  Jack Crowe was a joke.  Danny Ford who was a great coach couldnt do it.  Houston has been here longer than any coach since Frank Broyles.  That says alot about a man who has put up with so much crap from some fans are trying to do everything they know of to ruin him.  You people are failing miserably.  Bitterness leads to failure in anything.  Optimism leads to a bright future and if we had BOT and an AD with your attitude we would be a non factor every year.  Thank God we dont.  Houston is not a joke.  You haters are a joke.  People outside the state see Houston as a great coach so I would say you people are not capable of seeing a good thing until its gone.
Now you are funny. That is true comedy right there. Good gosh. Are you really that blind.

BigDeal

Quote from: Big_D on April 25, 2007, 03:09:14 pm
Quote from: BigDeal on April 25, 2007, 02:01:41 pm
We should immediately release Houston Nutt

Are you converted BigDeal?

from all the turmoil,rumors, and frivolous lawsuits bestowed upon him.

Yes, I once was a darksider, but this media/legal blitz against Nutt has brought me over to the other side.

Swino

I do not support a man that can not be trusted. 

DeltaBoy

I'll Support Nutt with the sole of my Boot on his lying BUTT!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

taoteching

HOG RED UMP

Quote from: ArkieRebel on April 13, 2007, 11:35:08 am
Support Nutt? I WILL NOT be a jock strap for Dale.

then who are you a jock strap for?
"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

Chief Mac

I am not a huge Nutt supporter; however, the tenacity of the fan base to destroy this man has made me sympathetic towards him.  Even though  the attacks are aimed at him (professional and personal life), there will be deleterious effects on his wife and daughter.  Imagine if your daughter heard similar rumors about you?  Have we forgotten the terrible decade of the 90s with Crowe, Kines, Ford?   Have we not learned anything from the fiasco of the BBall coaching search?  Did we not learn from the Bama and Miami football coaching searches?  Arkansas football is not on the level of Bama or Miami. Miami had to settle and Bama couldn't find a coach until they dumped a ton of money at him.  Why would any "name" coach come here with the descent in the fan base.  If he won 11 or 12 games (earlier thread) next year most of you would still want him gone.  There is something wrong with that. 

have you forgotten the 60's, 70's, and 80's with Broyles, Holtz, and Hatfield when the Hogs were a real power?
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

HOG RED UMP

Quote from: BigDeal on April 13, 2007, 11:36:38 am
I am not a huge Nutt supporter; however, the tenacity of the fan base to destroy this man has made me sympathetic towards him.  Even though  the attacks are aimed at him (professional and personal life), there will be deleterious effects on his wife and daughter.  Imagine if your daughter heard similar rumors about you?  Have we forgotten the terrible decade of the 90s with Crowe, Kines, Ford?  Have we not learned anything from the fiasco of the BBall coaching search?  Did we not learn from the Bama and Miami football coaching searches?  Arkansas football is not on the level of Bama or Miami. Miami had to settle and Bama couldn't find a coach until they dumped a ton of money at him.  Why would any "name" coach come here with the descent in the fan base.  If he won 11 or 12 games (earlier thread) next year most of you would still want him gone.  There is something wrong with that. 

Hats off to you. More evidence the 48 page article and lynch mob that followed have backfired.
It is understood you may not agree with all his coaching decisions and that is fair game in my humble opinion. When fans drag his personal life into it, they have crossed that line.

they make their own lines in the sand and the rules as they go along
"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

biggiepiggie

To say those who oppose Nutt are a "very small minority" is
ridiculous.  I know of only two people who want him.

dowils

Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 13, 2007, 11:40:35 am
Quote from: RazorRaider on April 13, 2007, 11:38:04 am
Quote from: BigDeal on April 13, 2007, 11:36:38 am
I am not a huge Nutt supporter; however, the tenacity of the fan base to destroy this man has made me sympathetic towards him.  Even though  the attacks are aimed at him (professional and personal life), there will be deleterious effects on his wife and daughter.  Imagine if your daughter heard similar rumors about you?  Have we forgotten the terrible decade of the 90s with Crowe, Kines, Ford?  Have we not learned anything from the fiasco of the BBall coaching search?  Did we not learn from the Bama and Miami football coaching searches?  Arkansas football is not on the level of Bama or Miami. Miami had to settle and Bama couldn't find a coach until they dumped a ton of money at him.  Why would any "name" coach come here with the descent in the fan base.  If he won 11 or 12 games (earlier thread) next year most of you would still want him gone.  There is something wrong with that. 

Hats off to you. More evidence the 48 page article and lynch mob that followed have backfired.
It is understood you may not agree with all his coaching decisions and that is fair game in my humble opinion. When fans drag his personal life into it, they have crossed that line.

So far you are still in the minority on this thread. So it must not have backfired that badly.

Complainers are usually in the vocal majority.

Yes they are.  I believe its the addage, If you have nothing good to say then don't say anything...   Some have not taken their mothers advice to heart.

dowils

Quote from: biggiepiggie on April 25, 2007, 03:36:12 pm
To say those who oppose Nutt are a "very small minority" is
ridiculous.  I know of only two people who want him.

I know many people that support Coach Nutt.

Richard_white

cowboym

I will back the van up and help him load it free of charge.  Thats what friends are for.
Cowboy M

PigsCanFly

Supporting Nutt is severely frowned on at Hogville. I'm surprised that this thread hasn't yet gone to the trashcan.

PigsCanFly

Ths Nutt business has become very politicized, with the extremists setting the agenda, much like in real politics.

Hogtide

Quote from: Hogblog on April 13, 2007, 11:36:33 am

I too support him in resigning as HC ASAP...............

You're stupid enough to believe that would be a good thing.  It's a shame we have so many idiots for fans.  You think people outside the state are laughing at Nutt and the football program when in reality they're laughing at fans just like you.  Now someone has put together a lawsuit against the UA.  Freaking hilarious.  I hope they bury everyone of you idiots trying to burn down the program.

311Hog

RhodeHog

LAHOGG

Although I think the majority of the Razorback fans dislike Nutt.  I think there isn't as high a percentage as people on this board would like to think.  Just like politics only the people wanting change are being vocal.  I still think there is a large part of the fan base who doesn't listen to drive time everyday, use message boards, and check spring game stats. 

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: geoffhog on April 25, 2007, 03:06:53 pm
This thread should be called the "Official Lets Hijack a Support Nutt Thread Because We're a Bunch of Miserable People With Too Much Time On Our Hands and Whose Mama Never Taught Us Any Manners So We're Gonna Make a Bunch Of Childish References To Jockstraps Because We Think Junior High Jokes Are Funny."

Or Maybe  the "OLHSNTBWBMPWTMTOOHWMNTUAMSWGMBOCRTJBWTJHJAF" thread for short.

fineswine

Isn't this why the Trash Can was created?  It certainly should have originated there.

MsNuttsandBolts

The current point should be...........its NEVER going to stop until he is gone. Accept it. Embrace it. But, personally, I think he is going to resign VERY soon.
MsNuttsandBolts   :@)

oldtimerhog

Did you say sympathetic toward Nutt?  Are you crazy?  He brought all of this on himself!  It will not be over until he is GONE!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

DeltaBoy

How do you like HOOTEN NOW?
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

softballguy8

FIRE HOUSTON NUTT!

There is my "offical support"!!!!
Coach Petrino ... Welcome to Arkansas!

LSUFan

Where have all the huggers gone, where could they beeeeeeeee?

El Puerco

November 19, 2007, 03:44:10 pm #235 Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 03:53:47 pm by ElPuerco

Even if one were to ignore the text messages etc...although 2000 seems a tad much...and I further would guess his wife was none too thrilled about messages being sent immediately prior to the bowl game (seems awfully personal).....the bottom line is that, while he was at the helm, we hemorhaged some of the hottest blue-chip talent we've ever seen and, in no small part, this was due to very poor behavior on his behalf.  If Nike lost Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan's endorsements in the same year....somebody's a-gettin' fired; and so should it be with Nutt

His overall SEC record is something less than stellar and this year, in particular, has been an embarrassment given how good we could have been.  Furthermore, his offensive approach is antiquated and markedly predictable.  We have, arguably, the best two running backs in the nation....and the run-it-up-the-middle thing still didn't work out so hot. I for one, would rather not have to see us stubbornly do the same thing again next year.

I disagree with the sentiment that Nutt is the best we can do.  If South Carolina can land Lou Holtz and Steve Spurrier, than we too can land a top-notch coach. Can't blame us for trying.

Boardon Hamsay

Today must be regurgitate old thread day.....?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation