Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Houston Nutt Support Thread....

Started by TorsinAHog, April 13, 2007, 11:34:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CusefaninAR

Quote from: opineonswine on April 14, 2007, 12:56:15 am
He has done just enough, at the right times, to save his sorry butt. 

Actually, Clint Stoerner, Matt Jones, and Darren McFadden have done just enough to save his sorry butt.

LZH

Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 13, 2007, 11:34:31 amEven though  the attacks are aimed at him (professional and personal life), there will be deleterious effects on his wife and daughter.

Sorry, I never made it past th.......is that even a word?

hogs25

My dads roommate in college/famous razorback fb player told him last year at his office in LR that Dale was an a habitual lire.  I had no idea how bad he really was until this year.  I'll even give you the guys name and you can call him for yourself.  Dale would have to come clean about all the mess in the past year and get into a BCS game for I'd start giving him the benefit of the doubt again.

arkrzrbacks

sniff sniff I feel sorry for him too......sniff. I wish that poor man who loved the helmet so much sniff sniff, would just say "Frig it I QUIT" and that would show them darksiders. Sniff

Hogchick

I support the players, coaches and the rest of the staff of MY ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS.  I always have and always will.

I really do think some people have forgotten what being a fan means. 

RazorRaider

Quote from: Hogchick on April 14, 2007, 07:42:31 am
I support the players, coaches and the rest of the staff of MY ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS.  I always have and always will.

IF you are implying that blind loyalty is a requirement to be a fan then you might want to rethink your definition.

You can love the team but hate the coach.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

RazorRaider

Quote from: arkrzrbacks on April 14, 2007, 07:37:28 am
sniff sniff I feel sorry for him too......sniff. I wish that poor man who loved the helmet so much sniff sniff, would just say "Frig it I QUIT" and that would show them darksiders. Sniff

Yeah I fel sorry for Nutt too brother.

I mean after all he only  makes 1.5 mil a year.  (sarcasm)

No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

bigghurtt

Quote from: Hogchick on April 14, 2007, 07:42:31 am

Being a fan means supporting what is best for the program.  There is absolutely no way you can examine the last 9 years and think that that is Houston Nutt.

I've put more of my heart and soul into Razorback Athletics than 99.9% of the people you'll ever meet, and I am sick of this used car salesman habitually embarassing the once proud program.  The first person who can tell me they took a chance with mortars to watch the final minutes of an Arkansas blowout over Tennessee can question if I am a fan or not.

HawgAlude

"I am a winner and a fighter" or is that a "backstaber and a liar" Coach Nutt???

Hog fans need and want to know. :razorback:

RazorRaider

Quote from: HawgAlude on April 14, 2007, 08:53:35 am
"I am a winner and a fighter" or is that a "backstaber and a liar" Coach Nutt???

Hog fans need and want to know. :razorback:

I would say the latter is true.

Because he sure ain't no winner or fighter. :)
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

BigDeal

Just giving a daily bump for Coach Nutt Support. Contrary to what many fans would have the media believe, the coaching staff,players, and staff are still supported by the majority of fans.

RazorRaider

Quote from: BigDeal on April 14, 2007, 08:56:43 am
Just giving a daily bump for Coach Nutt Support. Contrary to what many fans would have the media believe, the coaching staff,players, and staff are still supported by the majority of fans.

You shouldn't be calling the majority of the fanbase jockstraps.

They might not like it. :)
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

dmac_iz_kin

Houston nutt is a classic example of doing more with less imho. You ungreatful people will have run him off after 07, and thats fine. I think I'm ready for a change myself. But if I were a betting man, i'd bet that if we DO NOT HIRE BUTCH DAVIS then the next 9 years we will acheive a SEC record somewhere below .500.
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

HawgAlude

Quote from: BigDeal on April 14, 2007, 08:56:43 am

Listen that is nice that a fanbase out there still supports our troll of head coach. Quess what??? Houston Nutt does not care about the Razorbacks or being a razorback. He holds on to his job to draw those million dollar pay days he gets. If he loved the helmet as much as he said he does then he would not be actively looking and talking with other schools about their openings. He would not have let the Nebraska plane sit on the runway while he ran deals through boosters to get more money. He would not have let the LSU rumor hit the 48 hour limit before he said he was not interested. He loves the drama and I can't wait to see the ultimate drama that goes down when he is ran off. HDN cut deals then lied to those involved went behind their backs to protect his own insecure a@#. If you support or otherwise get behind this idiot then you are from the same moral cloth and have the same lack of integrity and honesty that this fool possesses.

Fatman

Your post misses a couple of key points. If DMW is such great coach then why was he forced to hire an OC for last season only to run him off? Also do you remember the seasons prior where every one in the stadium knew the next play before it was called. Also how many time did we get a delay of game penalty after calling a timout to avoid the same penalty? We had one shot to raise the program to national status and with GuS that would have been a real possibility. Offense gets the attention of the national media and with the running backs we have a passing game would have made us a team that could not be defended. If 5 star players go to Neb. then they will come to ARkansas. You have to recruit them however. The MSM is afraid of great players as it would expose the lack of coaching they posess. We must love mediocrity and hope to keep it alive and well at ARkansas.

bubba hog

I am pretty sure  the feeling is mutual. He wouldn't won't you as a jock strap either.

razrback_girl

I support my Hogs 100%! Coach included! :razorback: 
My 2 Favorite Teams are Arkansas and whoever beats LSU!

:razorback: WPS!! :razorback:

rzrbcks2120

Quote from: bhuie on April 13, 2007, 12:46:19 pm
Quote from: heater on April 13, 2007, 11:52:36 am
38-36 in SEC play
0-5 vs. GA
0-3 vs. FL
3-6 vs. LSU (0-4 since '02)
2-4 vs. Tennie
1-1 vs. Vandy (gust of wind)
2-2 vs. Kentucky (7 OT win w/ MJ)
.500 against Bama and 1 game over .500 against Auburn.
0-2 in SECCGs
0-2 vs. USC (120 against - 31 for total points)
2-5 in bowl games (0-3 vs. Big Ten)
0 BCS appearances
67-43 overall with 19 wins over the likes of SEMO, Mizzou St., ULM, etc. and 21 wins over the Mississippi Schools, S. Carolina and Vandy.

These are FACTS. Houston Nutt does not deserve anymore chances here.

Too bad FACTS don't shut Huggers up...

FACT: Houston Nutt is the coach. Too bad FACTS don't shut Darksiders up...

We all have a right to voice our own opinions.

SpareRib

Quote from: rzrbcks2120 on April 14, 2007, 10:42:18 am
38-36 in SEC play
0-5 vs. GA
0-3 vs. FL
2-4 vs. Tennie
0-2 in SECCGs
0 BCS appearances
67-43 overall with 19 wins over the likes of SEMO, Mizzou St., ULM, etc. and 21 wins over the Mississippi Schools, S. Carolina and Vandy.

Agreed, we do have a right to our opinions..  Fact - The fact is that Darksiders won't shut up until he is gone.  Your post is nonsense.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Fatty McGee

Houston, I strongly support you in your efforts to find a new job. 

(Does that count?)
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

rzrbcks2120

April 14, 2007, 10:48:51 am #120 Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 10:52:20 am by rzrbcks2120
Quote from: Porkaholic on April 14, 2007, 10:46:12 am
Quote from: rzrbcks2120 on April 14, 2007, 10:42:18 am
38-36 in SEC play
0-5 vs. GA
0-3 vs. FL
2-4 vs. Tennie
0-2 in SECCGs
0 BCS appearances

Agreed, we do have a right to our opinions..  Fact - The fact is that Darksiders won't shut up until he is gone.  Your post is nonsense.

Exactly. Saying Huggers should shut up is just as nonsense as saying Darksiders should shut up. You prove my point.

I don't think anyone should shut up.. I was just trying to point out that bhuie's post was nonsense by saying the same thing about Darksiders.

SpareRib

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

RazorRaider

Quote from: razrback_girl on April 14, 2007, 10:19:21 am

Sounds like you support mediocrity as well.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

rzrbcks2120

razrback_girl

Quote from: RazorRaider on April 14, 2007, 10:52:08 am

Maybe you should clean out your ears??  I support my team win or lose so I also support them no matter who the coach is!  Nutt is the coach so I will support him until he is gone!

We are all allowed to have different views. That is what makes the world go round.  Opinions are like..... Well I am sure you know the rest.
My 2 Favorite Teams are Arkansas and whoever beats LSU!

:razorback: WPS!! :razorback:

SpareRib

Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 13, 2007, 11:34:31 am
I am not a huge Nutt supporter; however, the tenacity of the fan base to destroy this man has made me sympathetic towards him.  Even though  the attacks are aimed at him (professional and personal life), there will be deleterious effects on his wife and daughter.  Imagine if your daughter heard similar rumors about you?  Have we forgotten the terrible decade of the 90s with Crowe, Kines, Ford?  Have we not learned anything from the fiasco of the BBall coaching search?  Did we not learn from the Bama and Miami football coaching searches?  Arkansas football is not on the level of Bama or Miami. Miami had to settle and Bama couldn't find a coach until they dumped a ton of money at him.  Why would any "name" coach come here with the descent in the fan base.  If he won 11 or 12 games (earlier thread) next year most of you would still want him gone.  There is something wrong with that. 

I empathize with his daughter, that's sad.  Here's a fact - HDN's continued actions, his bungling, and his unwillingness to face the music have put his family in this position.  The University's unwillingness to step up to date has allowed this circus three rings and made all of this national news.  So where did it start?  Not with the accusers, with HDN.  He is ultimately responsible for his family's embarassment.

Further, JMHO that the right new AD and the absence of Nutt would create a new situation that would attract a good coach.  These guys are not dummies.  They can see what's happening.

RazorRaider

Quote from: razrback_girl on April 14, 2007, 10:58:34 am

Maybe you should clean out your ears??  I support my team win or lose so I also support them no matter who the coach is!  Nutt is the coach so I will support him until he is gone!

We are all allowed to have different views. That is what makes the world go round.  Opinions are like..... Well I am sure you know the rest.

I understood completely.

Maybe you should clean your ears out. 

Nutt is a mediocre coach he has kept us a a mediocre level during his tenure.

To support him is to support mediocrity.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

Spiral_cut

I officially do NOT support Houston Nutt. He needs to be fired tomorrow at 2:00pm. Why then?
Why not!

longtimeHogfan

The Houston Nutt 'Support Thread' reminds me of the Internet petition I got in the mail the other day, asking me to join the thousands of Internet 'signers' already signed on in support of Hillary.  "Please don't delete this, we don't want to loose all those signatures."

Scrolling down there were two signers....Bill and Chelsea
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Lady Hawg Buff

April 14, 2007, 11:17:29 am #129 Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 11:19:50 am by Lady Hawg Buff
I believe all parents should consider their actions/behaviors and how they might effect their children...especially, if you are in the spotlight.  These two parents know that.  As far as personal lives being personal...if Diana was really passing out a letter/information regarding their personal lives AT practice, that is taking away from our program and I think it would be hard to concentrate if you have your head coach's wife out there doing that.  Obviously, a campaign has been started to pull the pressure off Nutt...I for one am not buying it at all.

Oh yeah, this is just another example(s) of how not only does he not take responsibility for his actions as head coach, but now he's teaching his children???

boarhog12

I work with some darksiders. If you try to have a honest give and take  about what they think is wrong with the FB coach it always turns to a  name calling hate filled attack . Never is there anything new or anything that could be evidence of wrong doing just the fact they think something might or could be.... And the sad thing is they think that they are the true fans and if you don't agree with them your not a true fan or that you don't care. I noticed that some of the darksiders want to call the so called huggers names like a bunch of grade schoolers but you'll not see many huggers calling them names. If I disagree with you I'll to listen to your side if you'll state your facts but likewise I should have the chance to give my side. I will listen if you have rumors gossip even half truths but don't get mad if I want to flush them where they belong and I have to laugh at some of the name calling. If all you've got is to call someone dumb or stupid it about time to wonder just how bright your bulb is

razornole

Quote from: ElDogHog on April 13, 2007, 12:02:47 pm
I support the razorbacks and nutt, and would rather not see any of these so called darksiders at the games anyway.  There will be a soldout stadium every home game filled with people cheering for the hogs and not worried about all this bs.  

really?  have you seen the CUSA teams coming to AR?  All games will not be sold out
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

bsking

as long as nutt is on the sideline, I will support him.  I believe that any true fan should do the same.

bcdeputy

I SUPPORT ARKANSAS RAZORBACK HEAD FOOTBALL COACH HOUSTON NUTT!!!  10-4 IS AN AWESOME SEASON FOR ANY TEAM REGARDLESS OF WHAT ALL THE "EXPERTS" ON HOGVILLE SAY.  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK COACH NUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: boarhog12 on April 14, 2007, 12:46:31 pm
I work with some darksiders. If you try to have a honest give and take  about what they think is wrong with the FB coach it always turns to a  name calling hate filled attack . Never is there anything new or anything that could be evidence of wrong doing just the fact they think something might or could be.... And the sad thing is they think that they are the true fans and if you don't agree with them your not a true fan or that you don't care. I noticed that some of the darksiders want to call the so called huggers names like a bunch of grade schoolers but you'll not see many huggers calling them names. If I disagree with you I'll to listen to your side if you'll state your facts but likewise I should have the chance to give my side. I will listen if you have rumors gossip even half truths but don't get mad if I want to flush them where they belong and I have to laugh at some of the name calling. If all you've got is to call someone dumb or stupid it about time to wonder just how bright your bulb is

I don't know why they would resort to name calling when they need only tell you his winning percentage.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

PigKahuna

Lady Hawg Buff

I support the Arkansas Razorbacks and if Nutt is the coach this year, I will support him only because he is the head coach of the team I support.  Outside of that, I cannot keep a deaf ear of things that have been going on for way too long.  And the worse name I would call any hugger is a hugger, ok, maybe codependent.  And if a hugger wants to call me a darksider, that's OK.  My dad was a coach for over 40 years.  (That's a lot of players and player's families, folks)!  I was raised from a very young age, that you can't make everyone happy.  I never in the 40+ years heard anything negative about my father as a coach or a man, and I promise that...the only problem I ever had was "how will I ever live up to a man/father/coach that perfect of a person?"  And I didn't!!  But, I can accept that.  It does not keep me from trying to be a better person every day and I thank the Lord that he blessed me with such a wonderful role model.

So, as far as the Nutt children, I don't know how they feel.  I was never put in that situation.  The worse I ever heard was one time, a father sitting behind me yelling "to put his daughter in."  "C'mon coach."

But, as raised, chose to gracefully ignore.  They won the Championship by 1 point, without the father's 3rd string daughter.  Dad doesn't ever, ever talk about people...but he can't stand what's going on up on the hill!  He's embarrassed, ashamed for Arkansas, but most importantly feels sorry for the players and their families, whom have so committed themselves to what the program has become.  And I agree.

nobryant

RazorRaider

Quote from: nobryant on April 14, 2007, 04:06:03 pm
I support coach houston nutt!

That is good.

Admitting you have a problem is always the first step to recovery.

No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

rzrbcks2120

Quote from: RazorRaider on April 14, 2007, 11:00:30 am

I understood completely.

Last year was better than mediocre.

RazorRaider

Quote from: rzrbcks2120 on April 14, 2007, 04:22:20 pm

I understood completely.

I guess your memory doesn't go any further back than last year.

Look at his entire tenure.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

Lady Hawg Buff

RazorRaider

No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

rzrbcks2120

April 14, 2007, 04:25:56 pm #143 Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 04:28:43 pm by rzrbcks2120
Quote from: RazorRaider on April 14, 2007, 04:24:09 pm

I understood completely.

This upcoming season looks to be the most promising in years. They should have fired him during the 2 awful years, not now.

RazorRaider

Quote from: rzrbcks2120 on April 14, 2007, 04:25:56 pm

I understood completely.

Future is brightest now than it has been in years. They should have fired him during the 2 awful years, not now.

Well since you haven't learned anything about the history of his tenure then I see why you think the future is so bright.

Nutt always has followed his best seasons with a decline.

The decline cycle begins this season.

Unless you like 7-5 playing in the Liberty Bowl.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

rzrbcks2120

Quote from: RazorRaider on April 14, 2007, 04:28:10 pm

I understood completely.

Future is brightest now than it has been in years. They should have fired him during the 2 awful years, not now.

Well since you haven't learned anything about the history of his tenure then I see why you think the future is so bright.

I guess we'll see how it turns out, and if 7-5 and a Liberty Bowl is what we get then yes, it merits firing. I like to think (and fully believe) we will do much better than that. Time will tell.

Lady Hawg Buff

Quote from: boarhog12 on April 14, 2007, 12:46:31 pm

Ok, just by looking at posts, I guess I would be considered a darksider.  Where does one find the FACTS?  If HDN makes a statement or if his wife passes information out...is that considered FACTS?  It just seems that the more HDN, his wife, TP, etc. speak up, the worse it becomes.  Please help me with the FACTS, as I would really like to know them and I am being very sincere.  Thank you.  LHB

RazorRaider

Quote from: rzrbcks2120 on April 14, 2007, 04:32:27 pm
Quote from: RazorRaider on April 14, 2007, 04:28:10 pm

I understood completely.

I guess we'll see how it turns out, and if 7-5 and a Liberty Bowl is what we get then yes, it merits firing. I like to think (and fully believe) we will do much better than that. Time will tell.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see an undefeated season.

that would mean many great things

1. DMac winning the heisman

2. A National Championship

3. Nutt just might actually sucker some other school into hiring him.

But looking back at Nutt's coaching pattern you can clearly see the above stated is not going to happen.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

TorsinAHog

There is way to much dang hate and venom on this board.  I will leave you all to continue to bit$h and moan amongst yourselves.

To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

razorbass

Why don't all the hatters sell their loyalty on ebay like that tennesse Guy did i believe he made over a grand! But i will always support our team coach and players.