Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Houston Nutt Support Thread....

Started by TorsinAHog, April 13, 2007, 11:34:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TorsinAHog

I am not a huge Nutt supporter; however, the tenacity of the fan base to destroy this man has made me sympathetic towards him.  Even though  the attacks are aimed at him (professional and personal life), there will be deleterious effects on his wife and daughter.  Imagine if your daughter heard similar rumors about you?  Have we forgotten the terrible decade of the 90s with Crowe, Kines, Ford?  Have we not learned anything from the fiasco of the BBall coaching search?  Did we not learn from the Bama and Miami football coaching searches?  Arkansas football is not on the level of Bama or Miami. Miami had to settle and Bama couldn't find a coach until they dumped a ton of money at him.  Why would any "name" coach come here with the descent in the fan base.  If he won 11 or 12 games (earlier thread) next year most of you would still want him gone.  There is something wrong with that. 
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

Doyle Hograves

Support Nutt? I WILL NOT be a jock strap for Dale.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

RazorRaider

Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 13, 2007, 11:34:31 am
I am not a huge Nutt supporter; however, the tenacity of the fan base to destroy this man has made me sympathetic towards him.  Even though  the attacks are aimed at him (professional and personal life), there will be deleterious effects on his wife and daughter.  Imagine if your daughter heard similar rumors about you?  Have we forgotten the terrible decade of the 90s with Crowe, Kines, Ford?  Have we not learned anything from the fiasco of the BBall coaching search?  Did we not learn from the Bama and Miami football coaching searches?  Arkansas football is not on the level of Bama or Miami. Miami had to settle and Bama couldn't find a coach until they dumped a ton of money at him.  Why would any "name" coach come here with the descent in the fan base.  If he won 11 or 12 games (earlier thread) next year most of you would still want him gone.  There is something wrong with that. 

So this is the official jockstrap thread?

I guess we are supposed to tell everyone our preferred brand of strap?
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

Hogblog

I too support him in resigning as HC ASAP...............

BigDeal

Hats off to you. More evidence the 48 page article and lynch mob that followed have backfired.
It is understood you may not agree with all his coaching decisions and that is fair game in my humble opinion. When fans drag his personal life into it, they have crossed that line.

PigWig

Quote from: Hogblog on April 13, 2007, 11:36:33 am

I too support him in resigning as HC ASAP...............
I second that.

RazorRaider

Quote from: BigDeal on April 13, 2007, 11:36:38 am

Hats off to you. More evidence the 48 page article and lynch mob that followed have backfired.
It is understood you may not agree with all his coaching decisions and that is fair game in my humble opinion. When fans drag his personal life into it, they have crossed that line.

So far you are still in the minority on this thread. So it must not have backfired that badly.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

HogLard

Winning games with a coach that has no charactor , honesty or integrity
will not solve the problems . This thread will soon turn into a thread to , FIRE NUTT SOON ! .

Richard_white

My personal opinion on Houston is strictly professional.  What he does in his personal life is not for me to judge.  What problems I have with him after this 48 page document is that he answered my doubts about how bad of a recruiter he is. 

I just wish December can hurry up and get here.

TorsinAHog

Quote from: RazorRaider on April 13, 2007, 11:38:04 am

So far you are still in the minority on this thread. So it must not have backfired that badly.

Complainers are usually in the vocal majority.

Puerco Diablo

I have to correct you on one thing.  I would bet that the majority of Hog fans are unhappy with the way things are.  Don't confuse the feelings of a very small yet very lound minority of fans that want Nutt gone at all cost with the overall sentiment of Joe Hogfan. 

Any future coach would know that.  You are alaways going to have a pi$$ed off minority.

King-Tusk

People that don't want nutt to coach here will go to any lengths necessary to get rid of him because him getting fired is the only way he will leave.  NO OTHER SCHOOL WANTS YOUR SPECIAL SEC COY!!!  Explain that one to us.
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

Reaganite

Imagine if your daughter heard similar rumors about you? 

Have we forgotten the terrible decade of the 90s with Crowe, Kines, Ford? 

Have we not learned anything from the fiasco of the BBall coaching search? 

Did we not learn from the Bama and Miami football coaching searches? 

Why would any "name" coach come here with the descent in the fan base. 

#1 I guess I'd be kicking myself for sending over 2,000 text messages to a woman (other than my wife).  In any event the rumors would have been fueled by my own actions.

#2 Those fiascos were fueled by a near senile atheltic director that wanted to still be called COACH (we're almost rid of him).

#3 See above.

#4 Bama?  Gee they only got NICK SABAN, who will own Nutt.  The days of being on par with Bama are about to be over.

#5  Because a named coach is not Nutt and KNOWS they're better than him.  Because the meddler will be out to pasture soon.

Now, allow me to offer up a nice picture for this thread:

TorsinAHog

Quote from: King-Tusk on April 13, 2007, 11:41:59 am
People that don't want nutt to coach here will go to any lengths necessary to get rid of him because him getting fired is the only way he will leave.  NO OTHER SCHOOL WANTS YOUR SPECIAL SEC COY!!!  Explain that one to us.

Lets see Neb wanted him?  Are you referring to the Miami or NC State jobs? We have no idea what happened. Maybe they were asking about an assistant, good places to eat, etc.  That is all speculation based on phone records.   

socalhogcaller

Wow...the support is overwhelming.  I wonder what that means?

bigpigfan

UMGOBLUE

BUTCH DAVIS WOULD MOST DEF. COME TO ARKANSAS IF U SHOW HIM THE MONEY! HOUSTON NUTT IS NOT A NEXT LEVEL COACH UNLESS YOU LIKE MEDIOCRITY
MICHIGAN FOOTBALL
11 National Championships
42 Big Ten Championships

You can write tony all over that one Buckeyes

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

hawgibalboa

I support coach Nutt..all the haters will gone after the season or crying wanting him back in about 3 years after he leaves for a better job. The new coach whom ever he may be bring us down to the likes of Mississippi State and Baylor.  It takes a special person to be the head coach at the university.  Lou Hotz could only do it for a few years.  Ken Hatfield had a great run after you same people ran him off because you were crying about the option offense.  Jack Crowe was a joke.  Danny Ford who was a great coach couldnt do it.  Houston has been here longer than any coach since Frank Broyles.  That says alot about a man who has put up with so much crap from some fans are trying to do everything they know of to ruin him.  You people are failing miserably.  Bitterness leads to failure in anything.  Optimism leads to a bright future and if we had BOT and an AD with your attitude we would be a non factor every year.  Thank God we dont.  Houston is not a joke.  You haters are a joke.  People outside the state see Houston as a great coach so I would say you people are not capable of seeing a good thing until its gone.

TorsinAHog

#1 I guess I'd be kicking myself for sending over 2,000 text messages to a woman (other than my wife).  In any event the rumors would have been fueled by my own actions.

I dont guess you have any female friends?  Inferring someone had an affair based on telephone records isnt right.  I dont know if he did or didnt but it isnt my business.

#2 Those fiascos were fueled by a near senile atheltic director that wanted to still be called COACH (we're almost rid of him).

Probably more that we are not a destination program like most think.  Granted he should have dumped after the Nolan fiasco.  Im not a big Frank fan.

#4 Bama?  Gee they only got NICK SABAN, who will own Nutt.  The days of being on par with Bama are about to be over.

They got lucky.  Have you forgotten how embarrassing their search was until they just kept dumping money at him.   We are NOT on the same level as bama. THAT is a destination program for FBALL. They can win NC it is doubtful we can.

RazorRaider

Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 13, 2007, 11:44:53 am

Lets see Neb wanted him?  Are you referring to the Miami or NC State jobs? We have no idea what happened. Maybe they were asking about an assistant, good places to eat, etc.  That is all speculation based on phone records.   

There is they key word "wanted".

Ask them if they would want him now.

What do you think their answer would be?
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

BigDeal

Quote from: hawgibalboa on April 13, 2007, 11:50:06 am
I support coach Nutt..all the haters will gone after the season or crying wanting him back in about 3 years after he leaves for a better job. The new coach whom ever he may be bring us down to the likes of Mississippi State and Baylor.  It takes a special person to be the head coach at the university.  Lou Hotz could only do it for a few years.  Ken Hatfield had a great run after you same people ran him off because you were crying about the option offense.  Jack Crowe was a joke.  Danny Ford who was a great coach couldnt do it.  Houston has been here longer than any coach since Frank Broyles.  That says alot about a man who has put up with so much crap from some fans are trying to do everything they know of to ruin him.  You people are failing miserably.  Bitterness leads to failure in anything.  Optimism leads to a bright future and if we had BOT and an AD with your attitude we would be a non factor every year.  Thank God we dont.  Houston is not a joke.  You haters are a joke.  People outside the state see Houston as a great coach so I would say you people are not capable of seeing a good thing until its gone.

Mods, I would like to nominate this post as Post of the Year.

Richard_white

Quote from: rzrbk4life on April 13, 2007, 11:49:29 am
Quote from: rcowen on April 13, 2007, 11:42:53 am
FIRE NUTT NOW!

agreed

If Butch is coming, the U OfA better clean house.  And that is more than getting rid of HC and Franky.

This was intended to UMGOBLUE

The Marmot

38-36 in SEC play
0-5 vs. GA
0-3 vs. FL
3-6 vs. LSU (0-4 since '02)
2-4 vs. Tennie
1-1 vs. Vandy (gust of wind)
2-2 vs. Kentucky (7 OT win w/ MJ)
.500 against Bama and 1 game over .500 against Auburn.
0-2 in SECCGs
0-2 vs. USC (120 against - 31 for total points)
2-5 in bowl games (0-3 vs. Big Ten)
0 BCS appearances
67-43 overall with 19 wins over the likes of SEMO, Mizzou St., ULM, etc. and 21 wins over the Mississippi Schools, S. Carolina and Vandy.

These are FACTS. Houston Nutt does not deserve anymore chances here.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

RazorRaider

Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 13, 2007, 11:50:41 am

I dont guess you have any female friends?  Inferring someone had an affair based on telephone records isnt right.  I dont know if he did or didnt but it isnt my business.

Probably more that we are not a destination program like most think.  Granted he should have dumped after the Nolan fiasco.  Im not a big Frank fan.

They got lucky.  Have you forgotten how embarrassing their search was until they just kept dumping money at him.   We are NOT on the same level as bama. THAT is a destination program for FBALL. They can win NC it is doubtful we can.

Oh yes I keep forgetting that the football gods many years ago deemed that we will never be able to win a NC. and that other schools like 'Bama , OSU, USC, Nebaraska and such would always be destined to do so.

Gotta love that inferiority complex that runs rabid through this state.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

Hugulus Hog

I hope hdn never leaves for just this reason. The more beating he takes in the court of naysayer opinion, the more I respect him.

DeltaBoy

Nope He is a Habitual Liar , Egomanic and puts his self glory above the Teams.

FIRE NUTT TODAY!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TorsinAHog

Oh yes I keep forgetting that the football gods many years ago deemed that we will never be able to win a NC. and that other schools like 'Bama , OSU, USC, Nebaraska and such would always be destined to do so.

[/quote]

We dont have the in state recruiting base of those programs.  Not saying it CANT happen but Ark doesnt have the depth of talent to suport a run in the SEC, SECC, bowl game

King-Tusk

Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 13, 2007, 11:44:53 am

Nebraska did want him and he should have taken the job, we would be without all of this drama had he accepted.  You better believe they are thankful he didn't get it.

LSU denies that they offered him the job. 

Since then, you haven't seen schools come after him for coaching vacancies.  You would think that when a program has a coaching job open, the SEC COY would be a nice person to have on your list. 
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

VenturaHog

Quote from: BigDeal on April 13, 2007, 11:51:51 am

Mods, I would like to nominate this post as Post of the Year.

I would like to nominate you for second best fake poster of the year, next to insanehog.

Dr Swineglove

Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Richard_white

Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 13, 2007, 11:56:18 am

We dont have the in state recruiting base of those programs.  Not saying it CANT happen but Ark doesnt have the depth of talent to suport a run in the SEC, SECC, bowl game
[/quote]

Yeah but it sure does help that we get the 5 star kids in our state.  With little talent here in Arkansas (you said) you would think that would be a priority for Nutty. 

ElDogHog

I support the razorbacks and nutt, and would rather not see any of these so called darksiders at the games anyway.  There will be a soldout stadium every home game filled with people cheering for the hogs and not worried about all this bs.  

VenturaHog

Quote from: Richard_white on April 13, 2007, 12:02:37 pm

Yeah but it sure does help that we get the 5 star kids in our state.  With little talent here in Arkansas (you said) you would think that would be a priority for Nutty. 
[/quote]

well you cant blame him for not trying... oh wait.

Reaganite

April 13, 2007, 12:04:07 pm #34 Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 12:07:59 pm by Reaganite

They got lucky.  Have you forgotten how embarrassing their search was until they just kept dumping money at him.   We are NOT on the same level as bama. THAT is a destination program for FBALL. They can win NC it is doubtful we can.

1. I wanted to make sure, so I asked my wife the other night, "Honey if I sent over 2,000 text messages (in a 3 1/2 month period-many between 11pm and 2am) to a nice looking lady I was doing a yearly charity event with, would you have a problem with it?

She said no, I would.  And then she'd file for divorce at the first opportunity and use my handy dandy vice grip to secure either my right or left tesitcle to my phone.

4. Your final response to this is illustrative of many huggers.  You don't think Arkansas can be a national power.  You lack the faith that we can get to the top of the mountain, so you figure we need to hold on to a liability like HDN because he's the best we can do.

NUTTS! 

RazorRaider

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on April 13, 2007, 11:55:04 am

I hope hdn never leaves for just this reason. The more beating he takes in the court of naysayer opinion, the more I respect him.

so what you are saying is the more beating he takes the less sense you have?

Houston is that you?
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

Reaganite

The more beating he takes in the court of naysayer opinion, the more I respect him.

I commend you for your strong sense of right and wrong there.  No shifting standards for you.  No sir.

LOL!

TorsinAHog

[/quote]

I agree.  Listen I was annoyed with Nutt with his play calling and poor in state recruiting however the fans went to dang far taking this to a personal level.  It will come back to haunt the program.

The Marmot

Quote from: Reaganite on April 13, 2007, 12:04:07 pm

1. I wanted to make sure, so I asked my wife the other night, "Honey if I sent over 2,000 text messages (in a 3 1/2 month period-many between 11pm and 2am) to a nice looking lady I was doing a yearly charity event with, would you have a problem with it?

She said no, I would.  And then she'd file for divorce at the first opportunity and use my handy dandy vice grip to secure either my right or left tesitcle to my phone.

4. Your final response to this is illustrative of many huggers.  You don't think Arkansas can be a national power.  You lack the faith that we can get to the top of the mountain, so you figure we need to hold on to a liability like HDN because he's the best we can do.

NUTTS! 

4. I agree. To me, believing we can't get to that level and saying we should accept being mediocre is worse than rallying for change within the program.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: Puerco Diablo on April 13, 2007, 11:40:55 am
I have to correct you on one thing.  I would bet that the majority of Hog fans are unhappy with the way things are.  Don't confuse the feelings of a very small yet very lound minority of fans that want Nutt gone at all cost with the overall sentiment of Joe Hogfan. 

Any future coach would know that.  You are alaways going to have a pi$$ed off minority.

This is a GREAT post and I agree with you. 

Puerco Diablo

Houston has been here longer than any coach since Frank Broyles.  That says alot about a man who has put up with so much crap from some fans are trying to do everything they know of to ruin him.  You people are failing miserably.  Bitterness leads to failure in anything.  Optimism leads to a bright future 

WOW! 

YOU ARE THE WIND BENEATH MY WINGS!

Has anyone ever put a number on the RABID FIRE NUTT AT ALL COST crowd???  I am talking about the fans that are activly trying to "RUIN HIM"?  I would bet that they number less than a few hundred.  How many hog fans do you think there are?  250,000?  More?  Reactionary Huggers need to get a little perspective along with some media types.

RazorRaider

Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 13, 2007, 12:10:45 pm

I agree.  Listen I was annoyed with Nutt with his play calling and poor in state recruiting however the fans went to dang far taking this to a personal level.  It will come back to haunt the program.
[/quote]

And keeping Nutt around much longer won't haunt us?

How many more years does he need to destroy this program to the point it cannot be salvaged?
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

razorbass

Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 13, 2007, 11:40:35 am
Quote from: RazorRaider on April 13, 2007, 11:38:04 am

Complainers are usually in the vocal majority.
You're right we are the minority on this board, however not the minority of the state. IMO

skeetmaster24

SUPPORT COACH NUTT!!! KEEP NUTT AROUND!!!
Stop talking fat man!! You are a liar!!

Semper Hogelis

So the Official Support Houston Nutt thread has become the fire HDN thread. I believe the 1,000 negative thread's calling for HDN to be fired would be enough that the haters wouldn't need to get on a legit thread that supports our coach. I don't get on the hatters thread, and try to make a point in favor of HDN because its like fresh meat. Lots of: Your an Idiot, Tool. Stupid. Nutt Hugger, Wake up. These are only the words the Mods will allow.
So the Hatter yell, scream, and cuss to fire HDN, and don't you dare try to discuse it with them nicely. It goes ugly in a hurry. So not even that. Don't expect to start your own thread in support without getting hammered.
What are the word's. Double Standard, or Hypocritical. I'm careful not to hammer someone for there opinion. I'm entitled to mine without taking a cussing from a tough guy who knows he will never face me. We have gone from intelligent Hog fans talking about the school we all love to a bunch of backbiting, chicken s**ts.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

artyhog

Why do the Huggers need to say anything, Coach Nutt is staying.  Vindication.

The Darksiders are the one that are crying the loudest.

Hugulus Hog

Quote from: Reaganite on April 13, 2007, 12:10:15 pm
The more beating he takes in the court of naysayer opinion, the more I respect him.

I commend you for your strong sense of right and wrong there.  No shifting standards for you.  No sir.

LOL!

Character is revealed by crisis. hdn seems to be looking quite a bit better than his attackers.

For good or ill, hdn is the Ronald Reagan of college football coaches: the teflon coach.

pigsnoter49

FIRE THE DORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ding Dong The Dork Is Gone Oh Happy Day!

Reaganite

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on April 13, 2007, 12:20:41 pm
Quote from: Reaganite on April 13, 2007, 12:10:15 pm

LOL!

Character is revealed by crisis. hdn seems to be looking quite a bit better than his attackers.

For good or ill, hdn is the Ronald Reagan of college football coaches: the teflon coach.

HA!  scanDALE is in NO WAY comparabile to Reagan. 

Howard Dean, for sure, but not Reagan.

Wes Craven

Spoken like a true liberal. So if he was known to be an avid liar and never told the truth we should overlook that since it is his personal life. Yeah you are right. Morals are for losers.