Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogville.net welcomes new basketball coach John Pelphrey

Started by Lanny, April 08, 2007, 10:34:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Fan 51

Welcome, you have some talent in place, so lets add to it this offseason, and take the West next year.
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

Dugann

The scores of his game don't look very up tempo am I wrong?
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

razorback903

Welcome Coach Pelphrey.  I hope you don't mind beating your former teams (Kentucky & Florida), because that is our intentions.

GO HOGS GO!!!!
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

razorback903

Quote from: Dugann on April 09, 2007, 09:48:02 am
The scores of his game don't look very up tempo am I wrong?
Quit knit-picking.  Find another thread if you want to knit-pick.
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

Pig Tail

Welcome, Coach!  I'm pleasantly optimistic.  Looking forward to seeing your work!  Go Hogs!
WPS!

MHHog

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

hognjayhawkland

King-Tusk

"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

Thunderhog Jr

WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

hogjim

Pelphrey turned down USF. Give him a chance and I think you will be surprised. He has good mentors and I guarantee you these coaches that he worked for will help him to be successful.

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: hawgfan923 on April 08, 2007, 10:47:53 pm
Welcome Coach Pellphrey!!!  Give us a great Hog Call at the presser!

haha

I think we need to stop asking new coaches to do that.

Give them a least a few months.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Head Dahn Hog

Welcome Coach!  Let's get this program back where it belongs!
Go Hogs!
No excuses!  Play like a champion today!

autohog

Welcome Coach Pelphrey!  Time for a return to DOMINATION!!!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Whatswrong

You never know..we may have found a diamond in the rough.  He'll certainly have a better opportunity to recruit the best players at UA than he had before.  I'l' give him a chance!!

EricThePig

Assuming the ink has dried on the contract, WELCOME!!

hawgwatcher

I'm finally ready to get excited now.  Just thinking about 40 minutes of hell (revisited) did it for me...

WPS
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing"- Vince Lombardi

bbjohn

just have to see what he can, do but if he dont make it to the dance next year dump him

ishankem

Welcome coach Pumpphrey, I mean coach Pelphis, I mean coach Pelphish, I mean coach Pumpitup, oh heck, whatevery your name is, welcome aboard and Go Hogs Go!

rangate

Don't know much about the coach Frank probably don't either.

Hogs4Ever

Welcome Coach P!  Now whip that bunch of under-acheivers into winners!

RZRBCK in Texas

Welcome Coach Pelphrey ! I am sure you will love it in Arkansas, the fans are the greatest in the world ! Good luck to you ! Go Hogs !!!!

Merle Hawggard

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

Razor_back

Coach P give us something to cheer for!

And I really hope you average more T's than Stan.
Go Hogs

jukester1966

Welcome Coach. Glad to have you in Razorback country.

ksrazorback

WELCOME !!

University of Arkansas Razorback Head Basketball Coach John Pelphrey ..... Looking for a great 2007-2008 Season!!

http://www.usajaguars.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=38471&SPID=3258&DB_OEM_ID=8300&ATCLID=521986&Q_SEASON=2006

:razorback:  Go Razorbacks    :razorback:    :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

fanofthehog

Quote from: Houston hater on April 08, 2007, 10:49:07 pm
Is it just me or is this site becoming another mode for the Arkansas spin doctors?
It's just you. With a new coach in place, it serves no purpose to continue bashing anyone.
Utmost priority now is to re-recruit current players AND begin to sell the program to recruits. Further griping on this or any other board is detrimental to that end, and only brings more of the same.
I have been a darksider on many issues but what is done is done....let's get behind JP fully.
To think that a bunch of annonomous posters is going to inluence the PTB is foolish and fruitless.
Welcome coach P, let's kick some blue-blood butts next season! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

madjudge

fanofthehog

Quote from: Houston hater on April 08, 2007, 10:49:07 pm
Is it just me or is this site becoming another mode for the Arkansas spin doctors?
It's just you.

rzrash11

Quote from: Razorhogs on April 08, 2007, 10:45:58 pm
So let me see if I got this right... Heath was fired, got hired by USF.  USF had the choice of Heath and Pelphrey and they took Heath.  Where did we upgrade in a basketball coach????

He pulled his name from consideration at USF.  They wanted Pelphrey and Marshall, and when they couldn't get them they went after Heath.  Kind of like Mark Turgeon pulling his name from consideration at Arkansas yesterday and pursuing the A&M job instead...Sad!  And i'm sure bigger name guys like Kennedy, Anderson, and others turned us down as well.  But i think we've got a good one, so let's make all those idiots out there who turned us down sorry when we routinely wipe the floor with them.

Littlehog AR

Welcome Coach Pelphrey!!  :razorback: Here's to you and many successful years full of Championships and integrity!!

NuttinItUp

rogershogfan16

chiefhog

GREAT HIRE!!!! Should have been you to begin with coach.  Welcome!

Tigerhog14s

You remember what Arkansas baskestall was like first hand. Make us look like that.

Go Hogs      Good Luck
Clothes make the man, Naked people have no influence on society. -Mark Twain

old_school_hawg

Welcome Coach! I feel refreshed as a fan and excited to have him here! Funny how the guy never mentioned is the guy who gets it done! (hopefully)...Eddie Sutton, Nolan Richardson...both "unknowns" when they arrived at Arkansas and put the Hogs on the map! Hope he is as hungry to win as we are!!!!  GO HOGS GO!!!!!
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

PigglyWiggly

PigKuneDo

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on April 09, 2007, 10:37:16 am
Quote from: hawgfan923 on April 08, 2007, 10:47:53 pm
Welcome Coach Pellphrey!!!  Give us a great Hog Call at the presser!

haha

I think we need to stop asking new coaches to do that.

Give them a least a few months.

Yeah, but at least he's seen the Hog Call a few times over the years :)

- Bert

Whatswrong

He's got spunk and fire in his gut...that's a good start!!

rzrbackphil

WELCOME COACH PELPHREY,. TIME TO KICK BUTT AND TAKE NAMES

GO HOGS

hawgslop74

Quote from: hawgslop74 on April 09, 2007, 12:01:25 am
congratulations coach p.
I will fully support you after 48 hrs. I just wanna make sure you aren't gonna go Altman on us.

After that PC I take this back. This guy is awesome. I think we finally did something right and hired the best coach for the job.
Welcome coach P.

timmyhog

Welcom, Coach Pelphrey!  and to those who are wondering, this is a great hire!

now, for those of you who are screaming for a big name coach, let me ask you people something: When the *%&*% do you think U of A became a big time hiring program???

Get real!!!

In my lifetime, UA has hired Eddie Sutton (from tiny Creighton - worked out pretty well), then Nolan Richardson (from UTEP - two trips to natl championship, one title), then Stan Heath (from Kent State - not so great)!!!

I am a UA alum, and love the Hogs!  I love the Bball team and Walton Arena and the whole shebang!!!

but to say we should be able to hire big name coaches with the same ease as UK or Indiana or Kansas or UCLA is really a joke!!! 

We need to be real... the UA is NOT 'one of the best 10 bball jobs out there', as some seem to believe!!!  Especially with JFB at the helm... he will ALWAYS try to hire on the cheap!

and we usually hire someone who does OK... now... when we win two or three titles or consistently go to the sweet 16 or final 4, then we may be the kind of program you folks are fantasizing about...

but for now:  WELCOME JP!

bwg1114

Welcome to Arkansas coach!!

Now lets play some HAWGBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtnmusic

It was great to see the press conference and realize that we finally have a coach who knows something about the SEC. A lot of other names have been mentioned for the job but did they were all  :razorback:pretty much clueless about life on the road in our conference. Lets hope our new guy gets the fan support that will enable him to always bleed "Razorback Red" in place of "Kentucky Blue"!

labmanok

Arkansas made a great hire in John Pelphrey.

As a player he was coached by Eddie Sutton and Rick Petino.  As a Coach, he coached under Sutton and Billy Donovan. Nice pedigree!

His teams are exciting and his players are loyal to him.  This was a great hire by Arkansas.  He is a very good recruiter.

Players should love his style and program.  There were a lot of people wanting him for the Sooner job when OK replaced Sampson.

This will be a home run if the fan base quits going stupid and Wally Hall will shut up!

silvertip

April 09, 2007, 04:34:22 pm #146 Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 04:37:03 pm by silvertip
Quote from: Razorhogs on April 08, 2007, 10:45:58 pm
So let me see if I got this right... Heath was fired, got hired by USF.  USF had the choice of Heath and Pelphrey and they took Heath.  Where did we upgrade in a basketball coach????

Pelphrey withdrew from the USF search before Heath was hired. He would have stayed at S. Alabama rather than go to USF.

Welcome, Coach. Now, talk to Beverley before you go to bed tonight. WPS!!

PigTimePlayer

I am very excited about this hire.  Welcome Coach Pelphrey . . . You've already gotten to off to a better start than the guy we had in here last week.

Looking forward to watching Hog Ball again!
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

hogstorm

pelfan

Pelphrey withdrew from the South Florida job along with nearly a half dozen other jobs in the past couple of years :razorback: