Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mississippi Guard Jenirro Bush talks about committing to the Razorbacks

Started by The Recruiting Guy, February 11, 2007, 09:22:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Jenirro is a 6'6 175 pound guard from East Oktibbeha County HS, Crawford MS. Jenirro averages 30 points, 13 rebounds and 4 assists a game. I talked to Jenirro about 20 minutes. Here's what he had to say.

TRG: What made you want to be a Razorback?

Jenirro: I felt like it was the place for me. I liked the coaches, players and the campus.

TRG: What's the best part of your game?

Jenirro: Penetrate and dish and get other people a open shot.

TRG: What are the coaches saying you'll play?

Jenirro: I'll play the point but they also recruited me as a combo guard.

TRG: Your thoughts on Coach Heath?

Jenirro: He's a real nice guy. I just like the whole coaching staff and like the way they run their program.

TRG: When did you visit Arkansas?

Jenirro: The LSU game. I loved the atmosphere and how the fans stand behind their team.

TRG: What other schools did you visit?

Jenirro: Ole Miss and Miss. State.

I talked to Jenirro's high school coach Herman Bush before talking to Jenirro. Coach Bush said that Jenirro is very coachable and handles the ball extremely well for a guy 6'6. He did say Jenirro needs to work on his defense and be more physical.

Jenirro will be on Press Row at 7:30 Monday morning.

Hawgballz

Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

AstroHawg

Another good pickup by Heath & Co.  I hope Rakestraw is what he's been built up to be.  Watch out!

zwhogfan

jcrowe01

msudawgs64

congrats guys..always tough to lose a home state kid but at least he is playing in the SEC.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

HawgG

Quote from: msudawgs64congrats guys..always tough to lose a home state kid but at least he is playing in the SEC.

Thanks we really need this guy.

You guys did get Ravern Johnson, Kodi Augustus, and Scotty Hopson so MSU will have plenty of fire power at the wing positions.

Arkansas really wanted Johnson and Hopson, but as usually you guys continue to be very tough when it comes to recruiting.

Now if we can get Romero Osby from you guys then we can call it even.

Pigskin_Porker

"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

clifflee4mvp

welcome jenirro! Have to question his judgement of heath though! haha j/k!
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jschulte

Let's continue to stand behind the team - despite the inability to win on the road!

jhudson84

I heard somewhere that Heath is petitioning the BOT to change the mascot to the Arkansas Possums.  They play dead at home and get killed on the road........

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: jhudson84 on February 12, 2007, 10:03:55 am
I heard somewhere that Heath is petitioning the BOT to change the mascot to the Arkansas Possums.  They play dead at home and get killed on the road........

lol ok that was kinda funny...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 11, 2007, 09:22:21 pm

Jenirro: The LSU game. I loved the atmosphere and how the fans stand behind their team.

Don't tell him about Hogville.

booogaga

just imagine if EVERYONE stays after this season. with this guy on the team as well......... we could have something here.........
GO HOGS!

HawgG

Quote from: booogagajust imagine if EVERYONE stays after this season. with this guy on the team as well......... we could have something here.........

We could also add another damn good player that would provide immediate at a position that is a need.

The only way everybody comes back and Bush comes here is for the UofA to keep Stan Heath.
If Heath is replaced then we get to see our best two players and incoming recruits play somewhere else.

jhudson84

Quote from: HawgG on February 12, 2007, 02:39:21 pm
Quote from: booogagajust imagine if EVERYONE stays after this season. with this guy on the team as well......... we could have something here.........

We could also add another damn good player that would provide immediate at a position that is a need.

The only way everybody comes back and Bush comes here is for the UofA to keep Stan Heath.
If Heath is replaced then we get to see our best two players and incoming recruits play somewhere else.

What two players are you talking about?

HawgG

Quote from: jhudson84What two players are you talking about?

Beverley and Hill.
This is not a guess but information from articles quoting how they are very supportive of their HC and would not have come to Ark for any other reason.

This is really not news, because prospects today mostly go to college to play for a coach that they fill close to.
Any coaching change at most schools will result in players and recruits looking elsewhere.When Nolan was fired we lost our best player and best recruit, which set the program back at least 2 years.

When Heath is fired,if Heath is fired, we will be set back for another couple of years again.

jhudson84

Talking about Joe Johnson and A.I, I believe Joe was turning pro regardless he was projected as a lottery pick.

What would Hill do, turn pro?  That wouldnt be a smart choice for him.  He could help him self by getting a change.  I dont know for sure but Im sure he didnt have a hall of fame coach in Branson and he sure doesnt in Fayetteville. 

jhudson84

Quote from: jhudson84 on February 12, 2007, 03:55:07 pm
Talking about Joe Johnson and A.I, I believe Joe was turning pro regardless he was projected as a lottery pick.

What would Hill do, turn pro?  That wouldnt be a smart choice for him.  He could help him self by getting a change.  I DONT KNOW FOR SURE BUT IM SURE he didnt have a hall of fame coach in Branson and he sure doesnt in Fayetteville. 

That didnt make sense......I meant he prolly had a mediocre coach at Branson

HawgG

I was talking about J.J. Sullinger who was the best returning player and A.I. was the best incoming freshmen.J.J. transferred to OSU and A.I. to Zona.

If you don't think Hill would be a mid to high 1st round NBA pick then you don't know the NBA.

Hill is a 7ft athlete that runs and hustles like he was a guard.He has all kinds of potential and that is what the NBA drafts players on.

Steven with his daddy would test the NBA draft if there is a coaching change.

If I had to guess I would say that Beverley would go to Illinois and Bush would go to Ole Miss.One things for sure neither would be at Arkansas.

Sanctified Swine

firing heath right now would be a HUGE MISTAKE. Next year will be a very good year for the hoop hogs

AHSC412

ROFL!!! PRICELESS!

Hog Fan from Camden

Now that's funny right there!

Razorod

But, if Heath can't coach, then no amount of players are going to help. Plus, neither Rakestraw or Bush are in either Scout's top 100 or Rivals top 150, so I'm having a little trouble with allowing a player like Bush possibly hold the program hostage with if we let Heath go, then Bush will go somewhere else.

I'm glad we have him, I think he'll be a fine player, but I'm not convinced any of the players mentioned are worth keeping Heath around if he can't get this team into the NCAA tourney. If he can't lead them there this year, I'm not sure we're going to be THAT much better next year as long as Heath is the coach. I don't know, maybe Washington develops at PF position and a PG truly emerges.Until proven otherwise, I think we've reached Heath's ceiling with the 05-06 season.

Having said all that, I'm sure the UA administration would like for Heath to coach next year. It would get them through the six year payoff to Nolan; ease them through the Broyles transition and allow Nutt to either have two great years back-to-back or the new AD can fire him, thus freeing them to fire Heath next year if it is another lackluster season.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.