Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CLAY CHOOSES?

Started by coolhog, February 07, 2007, 03:05:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

coolhog

OKhogfan1959

Humm..Looks like Nutt is losing to Gus already..

HogBaptist

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on February 07, 2007, 03:06:12 pm

right....AR on Scout is 33 and Tulsa is 106.  good observation

HoggieStyle

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful. Stunning. I'm shocked. We're going to have to come up with a new word for HDN. "Suck" just isn't getting it done.

Silver Hog

hogsanity

Quote from: swisshog on February 07, 2007, 03:09:55 pm
GO GUS, GO TULSA

Why are you not on their site proclaiming the awsomeness of their 80 or lower ranked class?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogBaptist

Quote from: hogsanity on February 07, 2007, 03:12:03 pm
GO GUS, GO TULSA

Why are you not on their site proclaiming the awsomeness of their 80 or lower ranked class?

see my post above, exact number is 106

311Hog

GO GUS, GO TULSA

Your tears sustain me

Bosston

Coacht

GO GUS, GO TULSA

Why are we losing players to a 80 or lower team?
Statements of the year - "I think play calling sometimes is overrated." and "I will never hire an offensive Coordinator"

HDN Top 25 finishes....
2006 = 15th / 16th        2001 = nope
2005 = nope                 2000 = nope
2004 = nope                 1999 = 17th
2003 = nope                 1998 = 16th
2002 = 25th

Babbitt

Quote from: HoggieStyle on February 07, 2007, 03:09:18 pm

Beautiful. Stunning. I'm shocked. We're going to have to come up with a new word for HDN. "Suck" just isn't getting it done.

How about SORRY A$$ PIECE OF $HIT SUCK-A$$ HEAD COACH!!!

HoggieStyle

Clay will be a difference maker. Nutt is a tool for not being able to get this guy. Nutt was here in LR last week and showed up at Central. Guess that did a lot of good. It's not about how great Tulsa's class is, it's about how bad Nutt eats a root.

HoggieStyle

Quote from: Coacht on February 07, 2007, 03:14:01 pm
GO GUS, GO TULSA

THAT'S  the question. HELLLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! *TAP*TAP*TAP*  IS THIS THING ON!?!?!?!?!

Quote from: Babbitt on February 07, 2007, 03:14:12 pm
Quote from: HoggieStyle on February 07, 2007, 03:09:18 pm

How about SORRY A$$ PIECE OF $HIT SUCK-A$$ HEAD COACH!!!

You're getting warmer.

Silver Hog

GO GUS, GO TULSA

Because treating Gus like shite has come back to haunt Nuttso the ghost buster.  And we have to follow Tulsa to track Gus who will be our next HC after FrankenNutt is gone.

coolhog

Genesis went to Tulsa also

HoggieStyle

Quote from: coolhog on February 07, 2007, 03:20:02 pm
Genesis went to Tulsa also

No kidding. That's two from Dale's own high school alma mater.

Tell me again about this mythical "fence".....please....

cmoorehogs

Gus really pulled a fast one getting that one star RB to go to Tulsa!!!!!

hogsanity

Ok, and what other SEC schools were on either Clay or Genesis?  And by on i mean had made an actual offer.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogBaptist

Quote from: Squishy on February 07, 2007, 03:22:12 pm
Quote from: HogBaptist on February 07, 2007, 03:09:09 pm

then why are we bothering with the kid?

you're trying to defend arkansas by comparing the two? that's pathetic. mediocrity

no i wasn't defending arkansas....i was talking about the statement....the statement is false...

HoggieStyle

Quote from: hogsanity on February 07, 2007, 03:22:37 pm
Ok, and what other SEC schools were on either Clay or Genesis?  And by on i mean had made an actual offer.

Irrelevant. Arkansas offered him. That should be enough for you. But it's not. Carry on.

HawgG

Tulsa' class might not be as highly ranked as Arkansas, but they are doing good for a CUSA school and Arkansas is two places from the bottom in the SEC.

Tulsa's recruiting is only going to get better and they are about to dominate CUSA which means that their HC will be moving to another school, and Gus will be the next HC at Tulsa in 2 or 5 years.

HogBaptist

Quote from: HoggieStyle on February 07, 2007, 03:25:11 pm

Irrelevant. Arkansas offered him. That should be enough for you. But it's not. Carry on.

sounds like "wasted oxygen" answer to me

hogsanity

NO, it goes back to the fact that HDN gets skewered for signing guys like this from out of state, but by golly, if it is an instater he better sing every HS SR in the state. 

Silver Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 07, 2007, 03:27:10 pm

NO, it goes back to the fact that HDN gets skewered for signing guys like this from out of state, but by golly, if it is an instater he better sing every HS SR in the state. 
Remind me here... Isn't that what his 'Fence' was supposed to do?

cmoorehogs

Tulsa' class might not be as highly ranked as Arkansas, but they are doing good for a CUSA school and Arkansas is two places from the bottom in the SEC.

Tulsa's recruiting is only going to get better and they are about to dominate CUSA which means that their HC will be moving to another school, and Gus will be the next HC at Tulsa in 2 or 5 years.

Since you can see the future can you tell me what horses are gonna win at Oaklawn this Saturday???

HoggieStyle

I don't give a $hit where he signs kids from. HE is the one that made the "fence" comment. HE is the one bringing this on himself. And as the very astute Squishy has pointed out, why did we offer if he wasn't worth having? Just to save face on the in-state B.S.? Even more worthless.

Sao Ming

GO GUS, GO TULSA

The consensus here is why do we want a kid who a 106 class school wants?  So with that logic and in my eyes, Clay must not be SEC material.  Right?

Hawg414

none.  but the issue is that WE were in on him, and had offered him to play for his homestate school... yet he STILL turned us down for tulsa. 

TheHogFan

GO GUS, GO TULSA
As soon as GM wants them, they become "must have" recruits. I promise you, that if we had landed him the very same people would be mocking them as only 2* recruits. Does anyone sense the hypocrisy?

TheHogFan

grizzlyhawg

Quote from: TheHogFan on February 07, 2007, 03:32:33 pm
GO GUS, GO TULSA
As soon as GM wants them, they become "must have" recruits. I promise you, that if we had landed him the very same people would be mocking them as only 2* recruits. Does anyone sense the hypocrisy?

WOW!!!

That's the truth right there folks....

but don't stop spinnin' just yet...I just made some popcorn

Coacht

Why some people will make excuses for a sub-par coach just blows my mine......... He has been here 9 years and 3 good/decent seasons is all we get.

When is it a time for a change for you guys? Wish you huggers weren't set in your ways and try something different for a change!

Trust me change is good!
Statements of the year - "I think play calling sometimes is overrated." and "I will never hire an offensive Coordinator"

HDN Top 25 finishes....
2002 = 25th

Silver Hog

February 07, 2007, 03:35:24 pm #32 Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 03:37:17 pm by swisshog
Quote from: Sao Ming on February 07, 2007, 03:31:44 pm
GO GUS, GO TULSA

The consensus here is why do we want a kid who a 106 class school wants?  So with that logic and in my eyes, Clay must not be SEC material.  Right?

This makes NO sense whatsoever.  You don't think that ASU and Tulane and FIU don't want the #1 player in the land to come to their school?  So the fact that ASU would like the #1 player means we should not bother with them?  That means we stay home since ALL schools want ALL the good players, and that is why the players get to pick and choose where they go.

By your logic we can ONLY take those that no other school lower than us wants.  And that does not exist. So we get nobody.

MCPeePants

Quote from: HogBaptist on February 07, 2007, 03:09:09 pm

Let's see....Tulsa:

*smallest D-1 football program in the nation

*no real sense of football tradition or success whatsoever

*the worst athletic facilities for collegiate sports in the country, bar none. Many high schools in Oklahoma and Arkansas have considerably better facilities than TU

*head coach bolted right in the middle of recruiting season

What do you expect?

The fact that we are losing *any* worthwhile recruits to Tulsa (especially ones from Arkansas) is disturbing and is a testament to Malzahn regardless of where SCOUT has the overall classes currently ranked. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Hawg414 on February 07, 2007, 03:31:46 pm

none.  but the issue is that WE were in on him, and had offered him to play for his homestate school... yet he STILL turned us down for tulsa. 

NO we had offered him a chance to ride the pine behind better players.

Silver Hog

Quote from: TheHogFan on February 07, 2007, 03:32:33 pm
GO GUS, GO TULSA

They were "must have" when the fence went up.

HoggieStyle

Quote from: hogsanity on February 07, 2007, 03:35:56 pm
Quote from: Hawg414 on February 07, 2007, 03:31:46 pm

NO we had offered him a chance to ride the pine behind better players.

You sure about that, Otis?

jabohog

Can you get any lamer? He misses out on the top prospects in Arkansas and I think a couple of them were recruited by SEC schools, oh wait, yes a couple went to the same SEC school. HDN drops to plan B, and these guys go to CUSA. To a school of lesser fanfare because they have a good and honorable coach maybe.

HoggerNocker

February 07, 2007, 03:38:48 pm #38 Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 03:54:34 pm by HoggerNocker
Quote from: cmoorehogs on February 07, 2007, 03:22:32 pm
Gus really pulled a fast one getting that one star RB to go to Tulsa!!!!!
According to Rivals he is a 3 Star.
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=58188
Tulsa Recruiting class rank 88
http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?Year=2007&Page=4&Type=0&Sort=0

Coacht

HDN created this contest......

a contest he can't win.

If a player chooses TU then its "we lost to a lesser school".
If a player chooses UA then "HDN should have".

HDN = not bright

HDN Top 25 finishes....
2002 = 25th

hogsanity

Quote from: opineonswine on February 07, 2007, 03:39:46 pm
Anyone that tries to put a good spin on this disastrous recruiting year lacks credibility and believability.  There is no spinning this debacle.

I dont consider any of the 27 we signed to be a debacle.  You cant bash the class w/o bashing the kids.

Silver Hog

if the fence didn't go up with 10 wins, the fence ain't going up until NUTTSO is gone.

HawgG

Quote from: cmoorehogsSince you can see the future can you tell me what horses are gonna win at Oaklawn this Saturday???

Here you go:Thunder Mission-Win
                  Samson's Son-Place
                  Rock-n-Fire-Show

I hope this helps you cmoore.

hogsanity

The fence is useless.  If we did not sign one Ar kid it would not kill us.  If we did not sign out of staters, we would die.  When are you people goinmg to finally admit, that in most years, AR produces MAYBE 4 SEC calibre players, that will actually contribute.  The time wasted recruiting in state kids could be used much better.  Look at Butch Davis.  He got 1 of the top 11 in NC, still had a great class.  I am not saying HDN is a good recruiter, coach or anything, I am saying that you guys worry too much about the in state kids.  Unless, of course, you think that in state kids are important to having a great team, but I am told repeatedly that is not the case.

Silver Hog

ark only got the ones that could not make the grade to get into Tulsa.  So in that respect, both schools got rejects from the others.

HoggieStyle

Quote from: hogsanity on February 07, 2007, 03:45:28 pm
The fence is useless.  If we did not sign one Ar kid it would not kill us.  If we did not sign out of staters, we would die.  When are you people goinmg to finally admit, that in most years, AR produces MAYBE 4 SEC calibre players, that will actually contribute.  The time wasted recruiting in state kids could be used much better.  Look at Butch Davis.  He got 1 of the top 11 in NC, still had a great class.  I am not saying HDN is a good recruiter, coach or anything, I am saying that you guys worry too much about the in state kids.  Unless, of course, you think that in state kids are important to having a great team, but I am told repeatedly that is not the case.

OK, I'll bite. How many of those 4 did we get this year? Try ZERO.

hogsanity

Quote from: HoggieStyle on February 07, 2007, 03:46:18 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on February 07, 2007, 03:45:28 pm

OK, I'll bite. How many of those 4 did we get this year? Try ZERO.

Did I say we got any of them?  This thread is not about one of them.  It is a bout some guy who, if he was from out of state, no one would have given 2 thoughts about.  Complain about the important ones.  Ziemba, Burns, Green ( although i have my own opinion about him ), and who else? 

WILL CLINTON

The fact that Tulsais a Conference USA school, and has a 106th rated class only emphasizes how shiity our recruiting is.  Houston can't even get a committment from an instate kid, after a 10 win season, when he actually had no other SEC caliber schools offer.  Am I the only one who sees this as F**KING RIDICULOUS??
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Sao Ming

Quote from: swisshog on February 07, 2007, 03:35:24 pm
Quote from: Sao Ming on February 07, 2007, 03:31:44 pm
GO GUS, GO TULSA

This makes NO sense whatsoever.  You don't think that ASU and Tulane and FIU don't want the #1 player in the land to come to their school?  So the fact that ASU would like the #1 player means we should not bother with them?  That means we stay home since ALL schools want ALL the good players, and that is why the players get to pick and choose where they go.

You don't read much here or any other Hog message board do you.

It's ALWAYS based on what other schools are attempting to get the kids services.  If we get one who Tulsa is on, he's no good.  If we lose one to Tulsa, it's Gus or HDN.

hogsanity

Quote from: dubyacee on February 07, 2007, 03:48:28 pm
The fact that Tulsais a Conference USA school, and has a 106th rated class only emphasizes how shiity our recruiting is.  Houston can't even get a committment from an instate kid, after a 10 win season, when he actually had no other SEC caliber schools offer.  Am I the only one who sees this as F**KING RIDICULOUS??

I don't see any reason the Hogs offered him to begin with except that he is in state.  I want to see us butting heads with TN,SC,Bama,TX,USC for the top recrutis in the nation, and I want to see us figure out some way to get some of them.  If that means a new coach, my post history will show, I am fine with that.