Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The message of Herring's son.

Started by Louis-Hogfan, January 30, 2007, 01:54:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorsharphawg

Quote from: kingshogs on January 30, 2007, 01:58:14 pm
Maybe because he was born in Alabama and has been an Auburn fan his entire life. Atleast that is what he said when he was interviewed but why would we believe something that comes right from the kids mouth. Instead lets make up more rumors.

We only believe it if it comes from the kid's mouth if the "kid" is MM or DW.

bullwarrior

maybe the kid didn't want to play in a state where there is no other statewide programs, and he looked at how the fans complain about the coaches, and the kids, and the character of each, and thought that a program like Auburn, where there is another statewide program-Alabama, would be a much more enjoyable place to be. 

If I had a son that could play at Arkansas, or at Auburn/Texass/OK., I would encourage him to go to any of them but here, and not because of the coaches, but because of the fans, and the lack of perspective we have on our sports.  A state like MO that has multiple college/pro programs would be a much better situation that a state like here where its hogs or nothin.

Babbitt

I got all of them. Thank You Houston.

Oliverhogman

I think Adam SHOULD have come here.  Nutt could have put him in the Decker weight training program and made an offensive guard out of him.  Therefore he would NOT have to be coached by his dad.

Porkem

A darksider's dream...too good to be true.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

N HOG

Quote from: tolerati on January 30, 2007, 03:00:48 pm
According to the ADG Auburn has been his favorite team going back to days when Poppa Herring coached there.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous this statement is? The kid was only 2 or 3 years old when they were at Auburn!!!!

TennesseeRaz

Quote from: dirtydoghog on January 30, 2007, 02:19:50 pm
Quote from: chillinhoggie on January 30, 2007, 02:03:06 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on January 30, 2007, 01:59:09 pm
Ever tried to coach your own kid?  It is hard enough in church league baseball, much less d1 college Fb.  Also, I seem to remember one of Tubby Smiths kids went and played for someone other than his dad.
Saul played at Kentucky for his dad   

That worked well huh.

How about Sean Sutton, then?

lbaileysr

will R.H.get along with T.T.any better than he did with the Fayetteville coach?

N HOG

Quote from: lbaileysr on January 30, 2007, 06:13:31 pm
will R.H.get along with T.T.any better than he did with the Fayetteville coach?

That's different. Contrary to the Springdallians, Reggie had legitimate issues. And, so I am told, did Casey Dick's dad. The Springdale folks are troublemakers -- just ask our statewide "media" and the national media that have picked up their objective stories.

jmark

Maybe his son is getting tired of being called "highschool".
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

Footballref

Most people need to get some info before making post like this one.
Because this one is way off base RH's son has been quoted that he did
not want to play for his dad because he is an arse.

You alot of kids do that you live with him that long you want to get away from him.

rude1

Now that was a reach. It was clearly a family decision long ago to not attend the school Reggie was coaching at to avoid the pressure of what could look like a conflict of interest. I have to say I would have probably did the same thing. I can remember the flack that Tubbie Smith caught for playing his son at point guard for Kentucky. Now whether it's justified or not is irrelevant. The fans will think he is playing cause he is daddies boy, or the kid will think he isn't playing cause daddy is leaning over backwards to show he isn't bias. It can be a bad situation either way.

StillSHogFan

Aw heck. I hear he isn't a "golden boy" anyway.

aloha_kid

Quote from: Louis-Hogfan on January 30, 2007, 01:54:00 pm
Why would RH's son go to Auburn?  I think it is because Daddy Herring doesn't think that [the powers that be] will still be here when the boy has a chance to play. 

The writting is on the wall.  And the coach's son can read. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see ole Reggie on the Auburn side line in 2 years.

It could be the sign we have been looking for!

HAHAAAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

buckhawg

This goes back 30 years or so, but I remember Al McGuire coaching his son Allie at Marquette.
One of the players asked him why he didn't play more because he was as good as Allie.  Al told him
" You can't be as good as him, you have to be better.  He's my son and I love him!!"

I coached two of my sons and did not coach the third.  Had a much better time with the third son.

jbcarol

January 30, 2007, 09:25:16 pm #65 Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 09:29:47 pm by jbcarol
Quote from: chillinhoggie on January 30, 2007, 02:03:06 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on January 30, 2007, 01:59:09 pm
Ever tried to coach your own kid?  It is hard enough in church league baseball, much less d1 college Fb.  Also, I seem to remember one of Tubby Smiths kids went and played for someone other than his dad.
Saul played at Kentucky for his dad   

Mr. jb reports that this action is what turned a large segment of Wildcat faithful against Tubby.  Mix basketball and football metaphors.  Hypothetically, what if your favorite D-1 football team recruited the H.S. POY at QB but the HC also had a similar aged son who was a QB.  Then the coach starts his son rather than the in-state star for two years and they have the worst two years under the coach to-date.  That's how the KY fans felt even though their golden haired boy riding the pine was a state Mr. Basketball but no all-american.  KY could recruit no decent PG's for a 4-year period due to this debacle. 

I hope this kind of thing does not repeat for my favorite D-1 team (not the coach playing his son as a problem, but the failure to recruit good QBs).
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

elksnort

This freakin thread needs to go to bed!

The Herrings seem to be making the right decision.

Tusker4life

Agreed, besides I dont know about any of you, but personally I dont blame the him for not wanting to play for his dad. I love my dad, but I would not play football for him if he was the coach.  :razorback:  :razorback:
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...