Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If You Weren't A Hog Fan, Which Team Would You Support?

Started by AstroHawg, January 26, 2007, 12:13:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin_Porker

Miami since I was born in Plantation, FL but grew up in LR
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

PAHog

Never thought about this before.  When I was real young, I had this infatuation with Michigan when they had the Fab-5.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

Grag T

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Jim

Mizzou.  We spent 6 years up there, saw our kids born at the University hospital, made some great friends and saw some great games.  They are just as passionate about their team(s) as we are ours and they hate Nebraska even more than we hate Texas.  Great rivalry!!

Plus, I kinda like the guy they just hired to coach their basketball team. ;)

I will say, however, that a few years ago, their feelings toward Pinkel mirrored what's going on with HDN, even though there were no reports of emails, covert meetings and meddling AD's.

oldhawg

My "finances" have already shifted to the U.S. Naval Academy and TCU.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Frankenswine

ark30inf

Quote from: pathos on January 26, 2007, 08:37:26 am
Quote from: ark30inf on January 26, 2007, 07:17:33 am
I support all teams with Arkansas in the name, except the Little Rock one....and grudgingly do that.

Support your state....
ASU, UCA, UAPB, ATU

External, I support non-traditionals
TCU, Wake Forest, Rutgers, Boise State, Kansas State, USM

What about SAU!?

Yes, SAU, UAM, any team with Arkansas in the name gets my support.  Any team with Texas in the name gets my antipathy.  I think thats a good solid way to go.

Ouachihog

Ouachita Baptist ...

They suck this year, yet they still beat #17 Henderson St last night btw...

For anyone in Arkansas who hasn't been to a battle of the ravine football game, you are missing DII sports at its finest!
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I thought about this a couple of months ago.  Then, my answer was Louisville.  The two "Powerful P's" of Patino and Petrino.

Now, I guess it's Tulsa in football, and Louisville in b-ball.  I was hoping to have a new university to root for, rather than piece-mealing my interests out.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

DCHawg

Quote from: BumpieJohnson on January 26, 2007, 08:46:14 am
I was born in Detroit so i have to go with The Maze and Blue  Michigan Wolverines  i

I believe that dangling "i" at the end of your post got lost.  It belongs in the lighter shade of Michigan's color scheme.  :)

HoginIllinois

HawgWyld

Let's see, I'm a Hendrix College alum and a UA alum. Hendrix isn't known for athletics, so I'd be stuck watching pro ball almost exclusively if I didn't pull for the Hogs.

Gonzo

Probably OU for me, though I know that's a dirtier word than UT for some here, certainly not me.

I would be curious, just on the ones who have called either the evil burnt orange  :)    or OU, what are the ages of the posters. Not that it matters, but I would suspect the OU folks would be the older ones, at least harkening back to the SWC days, and the UT folks would be less likely to have been following the Hogs that long. I just can't imagine a Hog fan from the SWC days ever being a UT backer, but it's certainly possible. One of the main reasons I WOULD back OU would be that they hate UT as much as I do.

Go Hogs!

Nap

Being born and raised in Seattle, my other college team is the Washington Huskies.  I graduated from UA, though, and live in Texas, so it's easier to follow my Hogs, but I manage to keep tabs on both.  God forbid they ever play each other...
I still can't believe that Fuzzy's is gone...

RzBlade

For me this is like saying "If you weren't straight what guy would u date?"
I don't know cause i am straight, same with the hogs, I'm a Razorback fan so I have never
picured supporting another team.

Buck Ocean

Gators.  Long time fan......but went to school at U of A.
Think like a Jedi

Hazegray1972

Quote from: oldhawg on January 26, 2007, 09:47:29 am
My "finances" have already shifted to the U.S. Naval Academy and TCU.

Cheers from a Navy Grad!  Already have my other team, which is the Hogs.  But my heart is Blue/Gold Red/White.  Helps when things are bad at one or the other.

grizzlyhawg

Michigan football and UALR basketball.

I live in the Pacific NW so I also like Wash State. (football)

woodhog

Go Gators.  I am currently replacing my Hog gear with Gator gear. ;D

kuhog

Quote from: Frankenswine on January 26, 2007, 10:07:39 am
Grew up in Leawood, Kansas

Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk, KU

Grew up in Salina, KS. Graduated from Univ. of Arkansas.

Hawks & Hawgs - the only two sports programs that matter.

razornole

Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

daeagles

I would probably have to go in the sec and take The Gators

Arkansas Student

In state - UCA. Well, I'm an alum so I do support them as well.

Outta state - WVU. Interviewed there for grad school and was very impressed.

:razorback:
"Go-Hogs-Go-Hogs-Halt-Kick-Swtich-WHOOP-Boom!" no longer truly exists.

Silver Hog

Nutts and Bolts

Arkansas State, UCA, and well, all Arkansas schools
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

budcampbellfan

January 26, 2007, 02:57:17 pm #84 Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 03:01:13 pm by budcampbellfan
Alabama.  I love the attitude of the fans and people of Alabama.  Stop at nothing attitude, keep looking until you find a winner, pay the price.  They also do not allow their university or state to be run by a political machine.  They do not follow leaders or parties blindly but stick to principles.  Arkansas seemingly has lost this spirit.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

POPS

I'm stuck on this beautiful island I call home after 46 years of my life. I root for the Warriors.

hawaiianhogster

I'm with pops but for different reasons. The Warrior football team is just that. TEAM. They are one, united by some of the best coaches in college football. To have one of the best QB's in NCAA history to turn down possible multi million dollar contracts by being picked possibly 9Th or 10Th in the first round to come back and finish his senior year for three reasons. First and foremost he did it because he loves the type of person he has become by being in Hawaii. He did it because he's really close to the players. He did it because the head coach June Jones is the best ever. He did it for the fans here in Hawaii for giving him a new home. It's all about the Aloha spirit, family, togetherness, TEAM.

This football team should be one that others should follow and strive to become. Hawaii is on the move. They are moving forward with their football program. So if there are any recruits out there that might be interested in being a part of building a program into something very special Hawaii might be the place for you.

Aloha

destinhog

Gators; I've lived in Florida almost as long as I did in AR

softballguy8

Quote from: AstroHawg on January 26, 2007, 12:13:41 am
With your finances and spirit?

Texas Tech here.  About like us.  Good every once in awhile.  Bobby Knight.  Good QB's.

Nobody ... probably wouldn't even watch sports.

To almost quote Ricky Bobby, "if you don't cheer for the Arkansas Razorbacks, then f@$& you".
Coach Petrino ... Welcome to Arkansas!

FayettenamVeteran

Major College Football - Texas, Notre Dame, Alabama.  Although I could only make a few games at any of the three if I had season tix.  In the smaller school ranks, UAM or UCA here in state.

Basketball - Gonzaga

WLRHogfan

Basketball - Univ of MD or OK St.

Football - Oregon Ducks (bad unis and all)

TOM "tbw1"

Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

T-town fan

Not where we wanna be but not where we used to be

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: mikeyg31 on January 26, 2007, 07:30:12 am
1.  The University of Michigan Wolverines.
2.  Oklahoma State Cowboys
3.  Tulsa Golden Hurricanes

That's a good list.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

missippihog

Porquemada

WILL CLINTON

see my avatar and sig line.

I also like Georgia and Miami in Football, Duke and UNC in Basketball. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

hogstuff

Ohio St.  - Lived in a suburb of Columbus for a few years. 

razorjacket2006

Arkansas will allways be my favorite team, but if i had to go with another it would be Florida State becouse I am part indian.  And that is the only two teams i watch. 
I have two sons one is dead set to be a Razorback in football or baseball the other if he cant be a seminole will settle for being a hog. I appreciate this from him becouse i am a HOG NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.
D-Mac is great at RB and QB so lets see what he can do at Head Coach