Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kodi Burns/Joe Chaisson

Started by Hogtropolis™, January 24, 2007, 03:43:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

I was wanting to compare their senior stats, but can't find them anywhere.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Razorhogs

Tiger / HOG

I will take the kid that wants to be a HOG.  Enough comparison, in my book.

Hawgvillain

I don't have the stats but I know that they are very similar and Chaisson played in a tougher conference.  Of course, I'm sure Kodi was rated higher for a reason...

tbhogfan

Kodi is a little bigger and a little faster than Joe.  I think both have the potential to be fine SEC QB's.
Go Hogs!

HighonSwine

I will take the one who plays better competition and can actually lead his team to the playoffs.

Tomhog™

Kodi as a junior threw for 2,182 yards and ran for 965 yards.  I believe his numbers were similar for this past season, but don't have them handy.

Joe as a senior threw for 1,859 yards and ran for 726 yards.

Kodi does have an edge in both categories, but Joe is not that far removed from Kodi's talent.

xxgibbyx

A Point to consider Kodi is playing in AR while  Cole is playing is TX. Both at the highest level

rricha

Don't fool yourselves kodi is the better quarterback and football player no matter what state they come from. 

Hogstocking

As a senior, Burns completed 127 of 231 passes for 1,903 yards and 21 touchdowns with seven interceptions. On the ground, he rushed for 726 yards and 13 touchdowns
http://www.arkansas.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1033&CID=606264

As a senior, Chaisson completed 144 of 267 passes for 1, 859 yards and 15 touchdowns with 6 interceptions. Chaisson also rushed 146 times for 726 yards and 13 touchdowns.
http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/179651/

It's scary how simular their stats are.

atekido

HS to College is a Diff animals.  as is to the NFL.  i dont think any one HS QB is better than any other no matter the stats.  some people are beter at adapting to the pace of college than others.

i think we have a good set of QBs. 

tbhogfan

Here is another link to Joe's stats (sorry it is long):

http://www.chron.com/c/apps/sports/hs/fb/fb_results.mpl?category=team&season=2006&year=2007&team_id=16710&submit.x=9&submit.y=6&submit=Submit

Joe led his team to the third round of the Texas HS playoffs two years in a row and was a 3-year starter at QB.
Go Hogs!

Tomhog™

Quote from: Hogstocking on January 24, 2007, 11:26:57 pm
As a senior, Burns completed 127 of 231 passes for 1,903 yards and 21 touchdowns with seven interceptions. On the ground, he rushed for 726 yards and 13 touchdowns

As a senior, Chaisson completed 144 of 267 passes for 1, 859 yards and 15 touchdowns with 6 interceptions. Chaisson also rushed 146 times for 726 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Good find on Kodi's senior stats.  I was pulling my hair out trying to find them and I couldn't...

OKhogfan1959

All you have to do is check out the offers..

Kodi Burns is a much better QB..As far as the playoffs..Kodi has been a one man show his entire career at NSide...
He has a better arm, better speed, better quickness..Way better offers..

You can spin this all you want but don't bash Kodi..He wanted to be a Hog...If you don't want people to attack Arkansas recruits don't attack Arkansas kids!

hogtusk

I think Kodi will be a DB in college. very athletic but I don't think he will make it at QB.
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

LJHOG

Well if Kodi wanted to be a Hog why did is he going to Auburn.  Arkansas offered.

OKhogfan1959

Houston Nutt..He paid attention...Kodi will not ever play DB in college..He has the arm of Tavaris Jackson and the quickness of Quin Grovey..He is also a very smart young man..Very football savy.He also has a little borther that is ahead of where Kodi was in Jr High..I wouldn't bash away at Kodi it might affect the recruiting of his brother..

Houston Nutt is the sole reason that kid is not comeing to Arkansas.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on January 25, 2007, 09:53:17 am
All you have to do is check out the offers..

Kodi Burns is a much better QB..As far as the playoffs..Kodi has been a one man show his entire career at NSide...
He has a better arm, better speed, better quickness..Way better offers..

You can spin this all you want but don't bash Kodi..He wanted to be a Hog...If you don't want people to attack Arkansas recruits don't attack Arkansas kids!
I don't think Kodi's offers were all that much better than Joe's.  According to WooPigStewie, Chaisson was recruited by Indiana, Iowa, Texas, Oklahoma St., Texas A&M, Alabama, Miami, and TCU...and heavily recruited by Tennessee, LSU, Oklahoma, Iowa St., and the Hogs.  Apparently, a lot of those teams backed off after they heard he might have trouble qualifying...but I'm almost positive LSU and Tennessee offered him.   

OKhogfan1959

Ok..I will play...

Who does the guy have offers from right now? Are you saying that he has offers from Tenn and LSU right now?

OKhogfan1959

Rivals shows his actual offers as Arkansas and Texas state.
.Baylor, Indiana, Iowa State, Missouri, UTEP...Have not offered but shown as interested.
I just think it's funny to act like we lose a great instate kid and all of a sudden a guy we weren't even going to offer is better than a QB we recruited all year and only recruited him as THE QB..Truth is he doesn't now or anywhere I can see have an offer from the likes of Tenn or LSU..If you have it? Where is it? I mean actual offers?

DoubleJ

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on January 25, 2007, 11:28:57 am
.Baylor, Indiana, Iowa State, Missouri, UTEP...Have not offered but shown as interested.
I just think it's funny to act like we lose a great instate kid and all of a sudden a guy we weren't even going to offer is better than a QB we recruited all year and only recruited him as THE QB..Truth is he doesn't now or anywhere I can see have an offer from the likes of Tenn or LSU..If you have it? Where is it? I mean actual offers?

You need to calm down, brotha.  Take a deep breath.  Joe did have offers from the other schools in the spring, but didn't commit right away, so they pulled them.  And no one has bashed Kodi.  In fact I too, think that he will be the better of the two.  I'd like to see his stats as a sophomore.  I think they were actually better than his senior stats.

Tomhog™

No one can say who will perform better over the next few years.  Kodi has the potential to have a better career for sure.  So many factors play a role in it (i.e. injuries, confidence, qb development, mentality, adjustment to SEC speed, coaches, offensive philosophy, receivers and rbs, etc).  We may find Joe a washout in the next 3 years, but we may also find him a perfect fit for our offense and end up having a more solid career than Kodi...

Hawgballz

January 25, 2007, 12:03:41 pm #22 Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 12:05:36 pm by HawgBall06

Look at the bottom of this link and you will see the Tenn offer is still there.  They have removed the LSU offer some time ago, I am guessing that it was grades related, but it could have been anything (filled up their QB allotment or he was unwilling to change positions) who knows.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1758375
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

hogtusk

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on January 25, 2007, 11:17:10 am
Houston Nutt..He paid attention...Kodi will not ever play DB in college..He has the arm of Tavaris Jackson and the quickness of Quin Grovey..He is also a very smart young man..Very football savy.He also has a little borther that is ahead of where Kodi was in Jr High..I wouldn't bash away at Kodi it might affect the recruiting of his brother..

Houston Nutt is the sole reason that kid is not comeing to Arkansas.
I'm not bashing Kodi, I think he is a terrific athlete. He will probably be a great DB in college, and I wish the Hogs had him.
I just don't think he will make it at QB in college. His HS team (northside FS) was loaded this year and he did not lead them to the playoffs. Of course this is just an opinion, I have been wrong before.
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Tomcat on January 25, 2007, 09:31:32 am
Quote from: Hogstocking on January 24, 2007, 11:26:57 pm

Good find on Kodi's senior stats.  I was pulling my hair out trying to find them and I couldn't...
Thanks a lot guys.  I bet I looked around for about an hour and a half and couldn't find these stats anywhere.

OKhogfan1959

January 25, 2007, 03:20:21 pm #25 Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 03:23:18 pm by OKhogfan1959
Quote from: DoubleJ on January 25, 2007, 11:53:29 am
You need to calm down, brotha.  Take a deep breath.  Joe did have offers from the other schools in the spring, but didn't commit right away, so they pulled them.  And no one has bashed Kodi.  In fact I too, think that he will be the better of the two.  I'd like to see his stats as a sophomore.  I think they were actually better than his senior stats.

Botha I am calm..LOl..Have you even seen Kodi play? I can tell you Kodi will never play DB in college..I would bet on that..He was the only QB that Arkansas was recruiting and now he's not coming to Arkansas and he's not good enough to play QB..Oh yea but he's going to be a DB in college..Laughable..

Brotha I read his bio..It didn' t show no Tenn offer..

red_powerade

Quote from: hogtusk on January 25, 2007, 10:42:42 am
I think Kodi will be a DB in college. very athletic but I don't think he will make it at QB.

What makes you say that?

red_powerade

Quote from: Tomcat on January 25, 2007, 12:02:35 pm
No one can say who will perform better over the next few years.  Kodi has the potential to have a better career for sure.  So many factors play a role in it (i.e. injuries, confidence, qb development, mentality, adjustment to SEC speed, coaches, offensive philosophy, receivers and rbs, etc).  We may find Joe a washout in the next 3 years, but we may also find him a perfect fit for our offense and end up having a more solid career than Kodi...

Exactly...

Hawgvillain

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on January 25, 2007, 03:20:21 pm

Botha I am calm..LOl..Have you even seen Kodi play? I can tell you Kodi will never play DB in college..I would bet on that..He was the only QB that Arkansas was recruiting and now he's not coming to Arkansas and he's not good enough to play QB..Oh yea but he's going to be a DB in college..Laughable..

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1758375

There the link to his offer from Tennessee.  It's down at the bottom...(schools of interest) "Tenn" (Offer) "Yes."

The fact that other teams offered and then backed off of him because of academic reasons says nothing about this kid's ability to play football.  You can't trust Rivals because they don't update often enough.  I remember when Luther Davis made some comment like "AR, Louisville, and LSU" are my top three - his Rivals profile didn't even list him as being interested in AR. 

Also, you can't judge based on who has offers right now because that stuff changes all the time.  Maybe LSU only wanted 1 QB in this class and when one committed they pulled their offer....

The fact is that a lot of the big boys were after this kid...and I'm glad he is a Razorback.  I would have loved to had Kodi too - and I'm sure he will be good...But I have heard enough about Joe C. to be excited about him.

DoubleJ

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on January 25, 2007, 03:20:21 pm

Yes, I've seen him play.  I'm from Fort Smith.  I never said he'd be a DB.  He'll be a QB, and a damn good one at that.  However, it is common knowledge that Joe was pretty highly recruited.  Have you ever seen him play?

OKhogfan1959

No I haven't have you seen him play?  If you didn't say he would play DB then I wasn't talking to you brotha. I am from Ft Smith and have seen Kodi play a lot..He's got the talent and all the tools to be great...

If the other guy turns out to be better I'll be very happy...The thing is I don't think he has an offer from Tenn..i read for myself and he doesn't have an offer..Its' simple truth..You either have one or you don't.

Common knowledge? We weren't even going to offer him until Mitch left..So don't pimp up as a better prospect than Kodi...He's not..

DoubleJ

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on January 25, 2007, 04:07:40 pm
No I haven't have you seen him play?  If you didn't say he would play DB then I wasn't talking to you brotha. I am from Ft Smith and have seen Kodi play a lot..He's got the talent and all the tools to be great...

If the other guy turns out to be better I'll be very happy...The thing is I don't think he has an offer from Tenn..i read for myself and he doesn't have an offer..Its' simple truth..You either have one or you don't.

Common knowledge? We weren't even going to offer him until Mitch left..So don't pimp up as a better prospect than Kodi...He's not..

I never "pimped" him as a better prospect.  I too think Kodi will be better.  But if you haven't seen where Joe was offered by Tenn, then maybe you should click on the link just a couple of posts up.  That should help you out.

Hawgballz

People have provided links on this thread twice that show his Tenn offer, either you are unable to navigate the internet or you have a severe reading/understanding problem.  Please don't argue things that can easily be found with the slightest amount of research.  Also, the reason Arkansas waited so long to recruit this kid is because they put all of their eggs in Kodi's basket and that was a big mistake, but they were trying to do everything they could to get an in-state kid and satisfy people such as yourself.

OKhogfan1959

Dude I read just fine.  The guy might be great and I hope he is..I have checked a recruiting site that says nothing about an offer from Tenn. Don't lie to make guys out to be betta than they are..I don't care where the recruits come from..If you don't see a problem with all the top instate players running as far away from Nutt as possible then maybe you can't comprehend...

You need to leave the insults out..You most surely would not repeat them in person..Brotha..

Hawgballz

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on January 25, 2007, 06:14:56 pm
Dude I read just fine.  The guy might be great and I hope he is..I have checked a recruiting site that says nothing about an offer from Tenn. Don't lie to make guys out to be betta than they are..I don't care where the recruits come from..If you don't see a problem with all the top instate players running as far away from Nutt as possible then maybe you can't comprehend...

You need to leave the insults out..You most surely would not repeat them in person..Brotha..

So you know, I would gladly repeat anything that I say on here in person.  If you want to ignore the other offers that Arkansas recruits get, then don't go to the trouble of wanting other people to list them (See your quote below).  Also, I am not your "brotha".

Quote from OKhogfan1959 « Reply #18 on: Today at 11:22:49 AM »
"Who does the guy have offers from right now? Are you saying that he has offers from Tenn and LSU right now?"

hawgwash

1.  Please don't bash recruits on the Recruting board, or anywhere else I would hope.
2.  If you have issues with HDN, as do many others, MMQ has plenty of threads on that.
3.  I'm not going to debate this kid''s abilities vs. Kodi's, but it is not true that we didn't start recruiting him until Mustain announced he is leaving.  It is true we weren't recruiting him until Kodi chose Auburn, but quite a few weeks ago (at least) it was widely reported we were recruiting this kid and the Johnson kid from North Carolina.  It may be true that we didn't start recruting Nathan Dick until Mustain announced, and I'm pretty sure it was at least close to that time.  But I think that was also about the time Nathan Dick decommitted from Rice.  In fact, I think all those events were related:  Tulsa's coach went to Louisville, Rice's coach went to Tulsa as head coach, Malzahn went to Tulsa as OC, Mustain announced his plan to leave, and ND decommitted from Rice.

OKhogfan1959

Where did I bash a recruit?
When you guys get on here and bash Kodi I will set you straight..

Sure you would Hawgball06..Sure...Everyone talks untill they get knocked out..

Hawgvillain

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on January 25, 2007, 10:58:23 pm
Where did I bash a recruit?
When you guys get on here and bash Kodi I will set you straight..

Sure you would Hawgball06..Sure...Everyone talks untill they get knocked out..
We didn't offer Joe C until last weekend.  We didn't start recruiting him until Kodi committed to Auburn.  Still, I dunno how you can't believe that Tenn. offered him...

OKhogfan1959

January 26, 2007, 07:06:49 am #38 Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 07:11:28 am by OKhogfan1959
Ok..I accept  it..Tenn. offered the guy..

No offer from Tenn on here..On the other one that shows Tenn  has offered but shows no visit..I question the Tenn offer...Kind of fishy...In saying all this I hope the kid becomes the next Michael Vick...

Bomis Hawg

Many on here said during the Mitch Mustain/Ryan Mallett talk that Kodi Burns will not be a good D1 QB.  Goes to show you what a commitment to Auburn does.

Stewie is usually spot on.  If he says he had offers from Baylor, Indiana, Tennessee, and Iowa State, I am with him.

Glad to have Joe.

Hollywood_HOGan

there's a reason RIvals and Scour have Kodi as one of the top QBs in the country.

I'll take burns but nutt and kirk screwed up things with kodi

Hawgvillain

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on January 26, 2007, 07:06:49 am
Ok..I accept  it..Tenn. offered the guy..

No offer from Tenn on here..On the other one that shows Tenn  has offered but shows no visit..I question the Tenn offer...Kind of fishy...In saying all this I hope the kid becomes the next Michael Vick...
You realize that article is about Kodi Burns, right?

Anyways, here's an article from www.knoxnews.com

"Quarterback Joe Chaisson (6-2, 170) of Beaumont West Brook had offers from Tennessee, Baylor, Indiana, Iowa State, Missouri and UTEP. "
http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/football/article/0,1406,KNS_321_5302927,00.html

Believe it now?

OKhogfan1959

I already said I believe it..
I hope the kid is a great one...

I never said Kodi wouldn't be a great D1 player..Where did I say anything like that? Nope. He has every tool needed to be a great QB..Nothing missing with Kodi..I guess that why he was the only QB recruit Arkansas pursued. Until Mitch left and Kodi commited to Auburn..We'll see how this works out but if I was abetting man I would bet Kodi becomes a bigtime QB.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on January 26, 2007, 11:00:13 am
I hope the kid is a great one...

I never said Kodi wouldn't be a great D1 player..Where did I say anything like that? Nope. He has every tool needed to be a great QB..Nothing missing with Kodi..I guess that why he was the only QB recruit Arkansas pursued. Until Mitch left and Kodi commited to Auburn..We'll see how this works out but if I was abetting man I would bet Kodi becomes a bigtime QB.

I didn't specify anyone.  But, your posts were mainly saying he'd be a good QB.  Look at some of those past threads.  A few said he isn't a D1 or SEC QB.  Now, I bet some of those same posters are upset that we let him go to Auburn.

OKhogfan1959

OK..Bomis..No problems with you..I just don't want to bash kids in anyway...But we are not recruiting well..Period.

I am hoping that these kids do turn into great ones.

Bomis Hawg

If I were a betting man, I'd say Kodi might be the starter in two years.  Not sure about Ziemba.  But, we saw what Andre Smith did for Bama. 

Hawgvillain

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on January 26, 2007, 11:00:13 am

My bad for beating the dead horse...I thought you were saying you still didn't believe it. 

I too acknowledge that Kodi may be better - he was a 5* for a reason.  But, their stats were similar and Chaisson's competition was almost certainly better.  So, I'm pretty happy with him.

I really think the recruiting class is not too bad - I just wish we had more impact guys at CB/DB. 

logic

Kody is a little better physically--a little more athletic. Of course Chaisson is smarter and in the SEC smarts in a QB will more than make up for being a little less physically talented.

OKhogfan1959

I agree somewaht with you..But I think kodi is a very smart young man as well.. I also believe that coaching is very important to QBs..We have failed badly on that for a long time now.

if the kid is a smart QB that would make a difference..he could become a good one..Time will tell.