Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

maybe Im worng on Ziemba

Started by 92VolGrad, January 23, 2007, 11:21:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

92VolGrad

but Ive seen his video and Im just not that impressed, dont mean to bash on the kid, just seems big and goofy to me, doesnt seem to have a mean streak in him you would like to see.

I may be wrong but I dont see him being that big a lose.

The real Hogules

Quote from: 92VolGrad on January 23, 2007, 11:21:37 pm
but Ive seen his video and Im just not that impressed, dont mean to bash on the kid, just seems big and goofy to me, doesnt seem to have a mean streak in him you would like to see.

You're wrong.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

The_Bionic_Pig

I hope Ziemba is paying close attention to Senior's camp because Tony Ugoh is getting great praise by pro scouts on his structure and foot work while Auburn's Offensive Lineman participants are catching a lot of slack for horrific technique during practices....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Phaedrus

You saw the wrong video. I have seen him many times and he is impressive more often than not. Furthermore, linemen are many times based on potential. When they are supersized like some of these kids there is just too much expected from them. They are still growing into their bodies and adapting. That is why you see a considerably smaller amount of linemen playing early at the next level as compared to the skill kids.

songofthesword

but auburn produced marcus mcneil for san diego, the rookie who didn't allow a sack or commit a penalty all year.. not going to win that argument.. although I think arkansas has the edge on producing o lineman

SuthrnFballer15

Sorry man, but the dude is a beast....
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

tbhogfan

Lee has all the tools to play on Sundays.  He is a hoss.  Best of luck to him at AU (except for one game per year).
Go Hogs!

arkjay19

he probably is a little goofy.  But just like you said, he's BIG.  Working with some college coaches makes this guy very good.  I'm not too depressed about losing Green, Burns, and Pianalto, but getting Ziemba would've helped keep that big, dominant offensive line that we all love for several years.

LRCentralTiger

Do not worry.  You will get to see Mr. Ziemba.  He finishes plays.  Fulmer would love him if the Vols needed O lineman.  He destroyed a three star defensive line recruit who who is a verbal to us.

:razorback:

hogtusk

I saw him play 3 or 4 times the last 2 years. He is not polished now but he has tremendous upside with his size and quickness. If he works hard he should be a good one.
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

mj4president

You are wrong. He doesnt have a mean streak? Talk to all the DE's in the 7A west and they would laugh at you all night. Sometimes he pancakes the same guy twice in one play. Believe me I know and have felt his mean streak. He is a big loss because he will be an All-American and a first day draft pick if he stays healthy. Have you seen any video of him? How can you not be impressed with that. That film on rivals is only from his JR. year. There is no senior film out there that I know of.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

hogsmaster

LJHOG

Quote from: hogsmaster on January 24, 2007, 09:44:04 pm
Ziemba is the real deal.
He definitely has the potential to be the real deal.  But just like any guy coming from HS to the SEC he'll have to work his tail off.  Now that he is headed to Auburn I hope he peaked in HS and doesn't become too good.  JK, he seems like a good young man and hope he has success wherever doing whatever.

OKhogfan1959

January 25, 2007, 09:28:07 am #13 Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 11:31:03 am by OKhogfan1959
Ziemba is the real deal..Just hang around he'll be drafted very high into the NFL..Best Oline prospect to come from Arkansas since Shawn Andrews..Behind only Shawn and Freddie Childress coming out of HS..IMO>. If your not upset about Kodi, Pinalto, B Green and you left out Paul Henry then we feel very different...Big losses..

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 23, 2007, 11:38:53 pm
I hope Ziemba is paying close attention to Senior's camp because Tony Ugoh is getting great praise by pro scouts on his structure and foot work while Auburn's Offensive Lineman participants are catching a lot of slack for horrific technique during practices....
That's very interesting.  Thanks for that little tidbit of knowledge WPS.

Also, as far as the mean streak goes, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading an article on LZ and he was quoted as saying that he just likes to bash peoples heads.  I'd say that's a mean streak.

El Dog Hog

Thats intresting b/c I talked with someone who has a kid on the team and is familiar with football (played in college) and he said that he was "soft and just really big." I know I havent seen the vids or anything like that but this is coming from someone who knows about football and has seen him play for 3 years. Take it for what its worth.

OKhogfan1959

Man then he's saying Nutt and Markuson don't know how to judge talent..They sure went all out to sign the kid..Also just because a guy played college football does not mean he knows the game-Houston Nutt for instance...

Did his son sit the bench behind Ziemba? Or was it just jealous of Lee Z getting the pub?

bird21

i dont understand why people are talking about him going the first day of the nfl draft in the next 4 years....y even post something like that? how can you tell when hes just coming out of high school? how can you compare him with shawn andrews? maybe its just my opinion

OKhogfan1959

No one compares to Shawn Andrews IMO..he was powerfull and explosive like no other to ever come from HS..Stud!

Lee Z is not on that level..Nor any other Oline prospect that I have seen..

metafour

Quote from: Hogtropolis on January 25, 2007, 03:37:23 pm
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 23, 2007, 11:38:53 pm
That's very interesting.  Thanks for that little tidbit of knowledge WPS.

Interesting in that its totally wrong?  Ugoh has impressed Scouts with his potential (due to his athleticism), but from what I've read he had a disappointing week.  He is clearly raw and clearly a project.  Ben Grubbs from Auburn was (with Ryan Khalil os USC) the best lineman on the South team throughout the entire week, infact he was the only South lineman that even looked competant during the actual Senior Bowl game as he was named the South team's offensive MVP.

Space Man

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on January 24, 2007, 10:33:10 am

Do not worry.  You will get to see Mr. Ziemba.  He finishes plays.  Fulmer would love him if the Vols needed O lineman.  He destroyed a three star defensive line recruit who who is a verbal to us.

That guy he destroyed will not be on the defensive line, but how can a high D-1 recruit get taken to school like that.  I have wondered why he has an offer after seeing that display. Hopefully he will be able to adjust on the offensive line. 

Space Man

Lee Ziemba has a mean streak and dominated players.  However, he will have to make adjustments at the next level, like 95% of most offensive lineman.  He will have to change his technique, because he will not be able to pancake players like he was doing in Arkansas.  I am not sure that the Shawn Andres comparisons are accurate, I believe Shawn was much more athletic than Lee. 

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Space Man on January 30, 2007, 03:05:19 am
Quote from: LRCentralTiger on January 24, 2007, 10:33:10 am

That guy he destroyed will not be on the defensive line, but how can a high D-1 recruit get taken to school like that.  I have wondered why he has an offer after seeing that display. Hopefully he will be able to adjust on the offensive line. 

By the time Don Decker gets finished the guy he beat up on in a H.S. Game will outweight him by his Sophomore year in college, without adding a ounce of fat.   ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

OKhogfan1959

Congrats to Lee..Parade All American...Great honor..

LSPRazorbac

You probably are worng but really who knows what kid is going to emerge as a stud in the next 4 years

OKhogfan1959

No I am not wrong Lee was named Parade AA..Not wrong it's a fact..

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on January 30, 2007, 10:33:42 am

I was refering to the title of the post and the original poster. 

Just poking fun at the misspelling of wrong (worng) but what do you expect from a Vol grad.

Hawgballz

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on January 30, 2007, 10:33:42 am

Are you just looking for arguements, he was even talking about your post.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

hog_fan

Why is it when they go elsewhere we don't need them. Three all-american players and you huggers say let them go we don't need them .

OKhogfan1959

Ish O

Ziemba seems to me to be what an old football coach used to say to our team all the time. A titty rubber. He has no pop off the line and a lot of times just seems to be rubbing his opponent instead of blocking him. He has great size though and that seemed to be what he relied on quite a bit.

tbob

The poster who said you never know is right on the money. Remember the HS All-American out of Springdale Steubing I believe his name was who was an OL and was a disaster at Arkansas and ended playing D2 ball? He had the same hoopla as Ziemba. Also the big OL out of Ft. Smith Southside a while back who was a HS AA and washed out at Arkansas, ended up traveling around to different schools? The there is Brandon Burlsworth. You just never know....

OKhogfan1959

Then there is also many-many more All Americans that turn out great..Also Brandon Burlsworth was great but there hasn't been but one of those..If you want to try and win with Brandon Burlsworth types in the SEC? Won't happen..

Lee Z is a stud..He will most likely be a great player..Yes occasionally Parade AA's con't work out.

OKhogfan1959

On Burlsworth I am saying he was a freak of nature..We will never have another Brandon!!

jkcrunch

Wrong and Right.  First he has big time potential and a year off in the weight room/practice squad will help he has not faced d1 talent on the HS level hardly at all.  He is a highly thought of recruit and in that sense it is a lose,  BUT we have been pretty good building offensive lines so it is not a devasting as folks would like you to believe.   His biggest issue is rarely being pushed in HS which almost all Arkansas recruits face.  Outside of Lee in the best conference in the state there was one other legimate SEC caliber lineman and that was the young man out of Northside.

OKhogfan1959

You don't know that..There are some good younger lineman coming up..

Sad that we lost both those Olineman..Our Oline wasn't that good the two years before last year..I think it is a devastating loss when you lose a Parade AA..Don't know how anyone can say it's not devastating when you continue to lose top instate talent..It will show up in depth and talent..

One thing we might agree on is you can develop lineman more than any other position..Losing Lee Z is a big loss though..Every lineman needs the weight room coming from HS but Lee is not bad in his strength numbers..