Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Prediction: Arkansas vs. South Carolina

Started by Hogtropolis™, January 23, 2007, 07:59:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

January 23, 2007, 07:59:16 pm Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 09:12:52 pm by Hogtropolis
I haven't seen SC play much at all this year.  All I really know is that they have won back to back NIT championships in 2005/2006.  Looked at their schedule and they are yet to win a SEC game this year.  Florida beat them big at their place, as did Kentucky.  Look for the Gamecocks to be hungry for a "W".  I also went and looked at their top 5 guys as far as minutes played goes and here is a few stats on them.

#33 Brandon Wallace    Sr.   6'9"   F      37.5 min/gm   10.9  ppg
#1  Tre Kelley             Sr.   6'0"   G       35.1 min/gm  16.6  ppg
#4 Bryce Sheldon        Sr.   6'4"   G-F    28.5 min/gm   7.3   ppg
#21 Dominique Archie   Fr.   6'7"   G-F    27.9 min/gm   8.4   ppg
#23 Dwayne Day         Jr.   6'6"   G-F    25.6 min/gm   7.9   ppg

It seems to me just looking at their size that we will easily be able to pound the ball inside.  Their tallest guys are 6'10" and one plays 8.3 min/gm and the other plays 3.7 min/gm.  Looks like we will need some big time performances by our big men.  Look for Hill to get about 14 (did I just predict Hill getting 14 pts???)  and Townes to finish with around 16 or so.  Thomas will lead the team in scoring with 21 and Hogs will win the game 76-54.  Big win on the road for Stan Heath and crew!  GO HOGS!  BEAT COCKS!  :razorback: WPS :razorback:

76-54 HOGS

blacksuit

Complete stats on USC here: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/teams/sbf/stats

Ervin will smother Tre Kelley on defense. Hopefully we can keep their big men from getting involved inside. Bryce Sheldon is their only real shooter. Aside from him, all other gamecocks shoot under 80% from the line, and under 38% from the perimeter.

Brandon Wallace shoots under 50%, and is a poor foul shooter, but he's evidently their best big man and is a force rebounding the ball.

They don't have quick hands, shoot poorly, and are smaller and less talented. We'll win by at least 10, and hold them under 60 points, so:

Arkansas over USC, 63-51

coach, my back hurts

I hope ya'll are right.  The original poster nailed it when he said SCAR is "hungry" for a win.  We ALWAYS catch teams at the wrong time.  SCAR could slip to 0-6.  They will do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to keep that from happening.  Including the refering, probably. 

pigger10

Arkansas 66
Cocks 59

Hill with 5 points, 3 boards, 5 blocks

HawgG

As long as Arkansas limits their turnovers to a low number(13 or less), defend, and rebound they will have little trouble beating the Gamecocks.If Arkansas carelessly throws the ball around they will loose again on the road.The only thing stopping the HOGS are the HOGS.Play the right way and they beat both USC and Alabama this week.

Arkansas-80
USC-65

kuhog

Arkansas should easily win this one. Teams have beaten South Carolina this year while sleep walking.

ARK. - 76
S.C. - 60

fanofthehog

January 23, 2007, 10:35:27 pm #7 Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 10:42:44 pm by fanofthehog
When will everyone learn?  Heath does not win on the road in the sec.  usc is the suck, but it wouldn't matter if we were playing Gentry High School, we lose on the road.

Cocks - 74
Hogs - 63

razorhead94

It will be a lot closer than people think..probably will be a defensive struggle with points hard to come by.  We seem to not shoot well on the road.  Weems will have to make his jump shouts, and we will have to rebound, something we did not do against ole miss.  Arkansas gets the lucky bounces late this time. 
Hogs- 64
USC- 59
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

wooo

allyoucaneatbuffet

January 23, 2007, 10:43:59 pm #11 Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 08:34:17 am by allyoucaneatbuffet
ARK  79
USC  55

(we have a chance to make 80, but, as usual, when we have _8 or _9 and are under 30 seconds, instead of going for the impressive-to-voters number, we just are too "classy", and run out the clock :( )

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: fanofthehog on January 23, 2007, 10:35:27 pm
When will everyone learn?  Heath does not win on the road in the sec.  usc is the suck, but it wouldn't matter if we were playing Gentry High School, we lose on the road.

Cocks - 74
Hogs - 63
Last year we won 3 SEC games on the road.  Not saying that is impressive, but Heath can win on the occasionally.  We WILL win this one tonight.

BTW, AU beat 'Bama last night 81-57 at AU to bring the SEC West road record to 0-15 so far this year.  Arkansas gets the first road win for a SECW team tonight.  Mark it down.

rasorback4life

If Ervin takes care of the ball,
UA-77
USC-58

IF Ervin doesn't

UA-55
USC-52
Mediocrity Rules!!!

tobs54

Hogs should win easily, but it is on the road so:

Hogs-68
Cocks-61

RealHogFan

I note that SC almost beat Tennessee at Knoxville.  Of course that was after Lofton hurt his ankle.  But still. . . .

I think we have learned our lessons . . . .

Hogs - 75

SC - 63

hogfan064

OK, I'm the South Carolina expert on the board here so I'll give you my opinion.

Trey Kelly is truly the only guy on USC's team that would start anywhere else in the SEC.  Against FLorida he scored 18 points in a matter of about 6 minutes while playing with an injured knee.  Kelly hurt his knee in the second half against UGA in the SEC opener and it still is bothering him a bit.   Kelly is by far the team leader.  He went off on teammates for lack of effort after the Florida loss. 

Brandon Wallace is a good shot blocker, but is too weak to be a force inside.  Wallace would play for other SEC teams, but not start

Chad Gray is a talented guy who didn't come onto campus until about 3 weeks ago.  He had some academic issues and had to take courses at a tech school.  He'll be a star one day, but right now he's not in shape to play since he's only practiced with the team for 1 month. 

Riley-Ross was one of the SEC's top freshmen in non conference play, but for some reason has gotten limited playing time as of recent. 

The other guys aren't even worth mentioning.  USC has no inside game at all and is a perimeter based team, but can't shoot.  This is all around a bad team. 

The biggest win of the year was the 3rd game of the season and it was an impressive win.  USC played at the other USC.  It was the opening of the Trojans new basketball arena and SEC USC won in OT.   They also had a win at Baylor in a close game, but that's it.   They beat up on some awful OOC teams and even lost to UC-Irvine.   Kansas had no trouble with them and neither did Clemson. 

USC currently has 3 stud transfers that is keeping Odom's job safe.  1 was all freshman Big East for Cinci, another was starting at PG for GT last season, and the final one is a Syracuse transfer that was a top 40 player coming out of HS.  All 3 were SC natives.  The PG from GT is son of former Gamecock Zam Frederick who led the nation in scoring back in the early 80s. 

Expect Hill, Townes, and Thomas to have huge games.  Kelly will get his points and make some good defensive plays, but it won't be enough

Hogs 72
USC 62

Infront of an announced crowd of 13,000 and an actual crowd of 5,000.

stronguard

No explanation needed

USC 67  UA 60

The fact that this game is even in question leads me to my final point.....

STANLEY must go.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

hogfan064

Quote from: stronguard on January 24, 2007, 08:42:44 am
No explanation needed

USC 67  UA 60

STANLEY must go.

There is no way we lose this game.  USC has absolutely noone inside. 

dish13-hog

SC will slow it down on us, which can be a problem.  Hopefully our bigs can step up and rebound & score.  It will be closer than it should be, Hogs 65 - 58.
"In the 6 billion year history of this planet there has been ONLY ONE national high school player of the year from the state of Arkansas. Houston Nutt had him and lost him.
Believe it or not."  - Mike Irwin, 1/16/07

"Digger Phelps is a moron." - Me, 3/11/07

zebra

ineverlose

Coaching is nothing more than eliminating mistakes before you get fired.
Success is never permanent, and failure is never final.
The only place you can win a football game is on the field, the only place you can lose it is in your hearts.
A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever.

mword

Bomis Hawg

Arkansas 78, South Carolina 63.

Arkansas gets in a nip-and-tuck game early, feeling out the other team.  They start pulling away prior to halftime.  Hogs put up a good second half to finish the Gamecocks.

Go Hogs.

ceegar

Another letdown seems to looming and SC at home w/ some senior leadership means this will be close.  Hogs win a tight one for first win on road.  72-69
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

razorson

allyoucaneatbuffet

Arkansas wins first of two straight road wins in one week tonight!

Hogtropolis™

No explanation needed

USC 67  UA 60

STANLEY must go.
Now we have Heath darksiders?  We WILL win this game!

d1nonlyhogfan

"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

Ouachihog

Quote from: Tomcat on January 23, 2007, 09:34:14 pm
gotta keep up with the tradition:

USC - 68
ARK - 64

You are absolutely right.  I was seeing all of these "hogs by 13" predictions before we played at Ole Miss too. 

I sure hope tradition changes tonight. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Pigonometry

I think they have learned their lesson -----

Hogs 77

South Carolina 63
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

dman

jhudson84

SEC WEST TEAMS HAVE YET TO WIN A GAME ON THE ROAD THIS SEASON.......ALABAMA COULDNT CHANGE THAT AT AUBURN LAST NIGHT......HOWEVER I'LL SAY 71-69. STEVEN HILL 17 POINTS 8 REBOUNDS 4 BLOCKS

Hogtropolis™

Just to say it again, AU beat 'Bama last night 81-57 at AU to bring the SEC West road record to 0-15 so far this year.  Arkansas gets the first road win for a SECW team tonight.  Mark it down.

Hogtropolis™

hawgfandude

HOGS  16

DICKS                 33

WAIT THAT IS NEXT YEAR IN FOOTBALL

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Hoop

Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

Rooka

hog caller

they will have to watch the ref's or hill will foul out. hope he gets 20 tonight. Hogs win

wincrimson

razorback_ mania5

stupid arkansas, cant even beat the sorry teams

Ouachihog

Quote from: Ouachihog on January 24, 2007, 02:42:01 pm

USC - 68
ARK - 64

You are absolutely right.  I was seeing all of these "hogs by 13" predictions before we played at Ole Miss too. 

The tradition continues.......

I am officially on the "fire heath" bandwagon.  Completely unacceptable loss. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Hogtropolis™

jchill

No explanation needed

USC 67  UA 60

STANLEY must go.

What will be the final score for the Super Bowl?  LOL

Tomhog™

Quote from: Ouachihog on January 24, 2007, 08:34:30 pm

USC - 68
ARK - 64

Funny thing.  My 'tradition' was to pick the losing team to win.  Every time I predicted an Arkansas loss, they won.  Guess that's over with now.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Tomcat on January 25, 2007, 09:51:19 am
Quote from: Ouachihog on January 24, 2007, 08:34:30 pm

USC - 68
ARK - 64

Funny thing.  My 'tradition' was to pick the losing team to win.  Every time I predicted an Arkansas loss, they won.  Guess that's over with now.
I was hoping that your superstition would work again.  Too bad it didn't.

The Hawg Marshal