Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Louisville disses Mustain

Started by SwinedMelon, January 18, 2007, 04:36:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SwinedMelon

"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

hog_fan

The fans would quickly come to like him.

LR Hog

They have to come out and make a statement because it hurts there chances with there priority recruits.
Like a boss.

501Wilson

who would want to deal with what we are dealing with right now?

fu-man-soo

Perfect World -

Mitch sits out a semester, nutt and jfb leave, butch comes home and mitch comes back

PMCANALLY

Quote from: 501Wilson on January 18, 2007, 04:41:32 pm

exactly. EVERYONE is talking about our football program and not in a positive way. This will takes years to fix.
TeamTaylor--- u wanna fut wit me?

WPS!

jhog45

According to Rick, OU closed that same door too. Just passin along info, not saying i believe it

KY Hog Man

Most people up here don't have a clue as to what has been going on in Fayetteville.   

PMCANALLY

Quote from: jhog45 on January 18, 2007, 04:43:03 pm
According to Rick, OU closed that same door too. Just passin along info, not saying i believe it

I'm a mitch supporter 100% but the whole ordeal with his mother, grandmother, looks really really bad if youre from the outside looking in and could really affect his chances with certain schools.

WPS!

dirtydoghog

Wow, I have never seen a school distance themselves from a recruit like this.  Speaks volumes

THHAWG

It only looks bad because our state media is too scared to tell both sides of a story and let the public form an opinion.

LL COOL HOG

PMCANALLY

Quote from: THHAWG on January 18, 2007, 04:45:51 pm
It only looks bad because our state media is too scared to tell both sides of a story and let the public form an opinion.

We need Bill O'Reilly and Anderson Cooper to stop in and report the situation.

WPS!

jodygaston

Louisville and OU don't want Mitch.  I wonder if this is kind of like a coach' s fraternity thing?  Everyone is going to send a message to future prospects not to involve their families and whine about playing time.  (Remember, the national media is buying HDN's take, so that is what they think happened.

I will say one controversial thing.  Ever since the Army/Navy all star game I've thought Mitch is 2 or 3 classes behind the other top youg QB's in that game last year and especially in this year's game.  Stafford, Mallet, and Tebow are all just build like NFL QB's.  Mitch looks like Ricky Proehl.  Not saying I wouldn't swap him for Nutt in a second, just saying I don't think he'll ever be an All American.

Rzrbk63

mother/grandmother issue probably has a lot to do with OU, Louisville, and others not wanting to get wrapped up in the saga.  I certainly do not think it is any kind of conspiracy from HDN or anyone else associated with the UofA.  You have to remember that he couldnt beat out Casey Dick for the starting job here, so why would any other school think he would come set their campus on fire.  I hate like heck that we lost the kid as I believe he has a tremendous amount of talent.  However, he certainly has a ways to go based on what I saw this year to become a star QB in college.  He learned the hard way that there is a huge difference between playing Fort Smith Southside and playing schools in the SEC.  I hope someone will give him a chance to develop, but it is not surprising to me that schools are not lining up begging him to come. 

hogsruletheworld

MM may be stuck with Tulsa; which is not necessarily a bad thing.
TJ Betz
Gravette, AR

JAMAHog

Quote from: KY Hog Man on January 18, 2007, 04:43:59 pm
Most people up here don't have a clue as to what has been going on in Fayetteville.  

I think it's more than that.  Even if they did know "the truth",  they will still see the meddling mom and (now) grandma as a bigger deal.  I can understand why a program wouldn't want to open themselves up to that.  There are too many other good recruits/players whose parents have not demanded to see the AD and released press statements saying the head coach has the right to run his team. 

I haven't ever heard Mitch say (or do) anything that would damage his reputation, or suggest that he is anything other than an upstanding, honest kid.  There's plenty of blame to go around for the situation he is in, but I don't think it should fall on Mitch. 

Hoot72

It looks like Louisville turned down MM, because they were afraid it would hurt their recruiting of Matt Simms.  He is the son of Phil Simms, and brother of Chris Simms --  the commitment was a little shaky anyway, because of the coaching change.  I don't think everything going on, had the effect that you are thinking.

hog_fan

Why does everyone keep saying casey beat him out. he won every game and got benched then never got enough reps to win his job back.

hog_fan

Quote from: bigrod155 on January 18, 2007, 04:47:49 pm
They saw MM stats....

People say Casey was better when the stats were actually equal. If he would have been giving time to practice the passing game he would of have looked better. It is very stupid to limit a QB to one WR.

pigture perfect

January 18, 2007, 05:59:38 pm #20 Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 06:01:44 pm by pigture perfect
Quote from: hogsruletheworld on January 18, 2007, 04:58:49 pm
If I were MItch, I would consider transfering to U of Hawaii. They are wide open, develope good QB's, Have a coach who is knowledgeable of what it takes to play in the NFL, and is the furthest school from all that is going on up at the hill. Plus he will understudy this year to the #1 QB coming out next year. And did I mention HAWAII!
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

madjudge

Quote from: hog_fan on January 18, 2007, 05:52:20 pm
Quote from: bigrod155 on January 18, 2007, 04:47:49 pm
They saw MM stats....

People say Casey was better when the stats were actually equal. If he would have been giving time to practice the passing game he would of have looked better. It is very stupid to limit a QB to one WR.
Very well said if you expect to have a QB to have the stats he must be able to practice with the other starters to get the timing done to get it right.

cessna8667

Hell, I know both sides of the story and it still "looks" bad to me.  I understand the situation, but my goodness, this is a whole freaking Jerry Springer show now and nobody can change the channel.  I was excited when Malzahn came onboard with the Razorbacks.  I was pissed when they wouldn't let him put in his offense.  Now I just want Nutt and JFB to go.  Even if they left tomorrow, however, it would take us a decade to recover from this side show turned feature presentation.

What school wants this madness at their school?  Unjustly, the national perception is that MM is a spoiled kid whose mother and grandmother step in when something doesn't go his way.  I wish him the best and hope he can get the hell out of here and get a clean start somewhere.  It might even be best for him PR-wise if he stays and apologizes to everyone for all of the drama.  Fair?  Hell No!  On the other hand, I don't think there is any way staying here would help him develop as a QB and that is what is most important.  Good luck Mitch!

missippihog

They see the whole situation with parents as many others outisde AR do and don't want that at their program. Sad but true.

clemensrules01

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 18, 2007, 05:59:38 pm
If I were MItch, I would consider transfering to U of Hawaii. They are wide open, develope good QB's, Have a coach who is knowledgeable of what it takes to play in the NFL, and is the furthest school from all that is going on up at the hill. Plus he will understudy this year to the #1 QB coming out next year. And did I mention HAWAII!
Brennan is entering the NFL Draft

PigKahuna

Quote from: fu-man-soo on January 18, 2007, 04:42:17 pm
Perfect World -

Mitch sits out a semester, nutt and jfb leave, butch comes home and mitch comes back

That's not a perfect world, that's Fantasyland.

Hoot72

Quote from: clemens on January 18, 2007, 06:07:30 pm
Brennan has taken his name out of the NFL draft -- in the paper today

Ridgerunnerpiggie

Quote from: PMCANALLY on January 18, 2007, 04:42:44 pm

exactly. EVERYONE is talking about our football program and not in a positive way. This will takes years to fix.
It's nothing that winning won't cure really quick.  Looking forward to Fall already!

OKhogfan1959

Mitch will probably have to do like Damnian and settle for someplace like  USC...Chuck and Rick are just punks in the mafia..It's ridiculous that they keep bashing the kid...IF I was Mitchs dad I would whoop Chuck adn Ricks ass right after I whooped Nutt...Bunch of bullies..

Hoggingit

I do not know this to be a fact but I think it's because Mitch is going to be at Tulsa and Steve Kragthorpe is trying to keep this focused for Tulsas' sake.

plus1

Quote from: LR Hog on January 18, 2007, 04:40:02 pm
They have to come out and make a statement because it hurts there chances with there priority recruits.

Priority recruits?  Who would be higher than last year's player of the year?

plus1

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on January 18, 2007, 07:21:52 pm
Mitch will probably have to do like Damnian and settle for someplace like  USC...Chuck and Rick are just punks in the mafia..It's ridiculous that they keep bashing the kid...IF I was Mitchs dad I would whoop Chuck adn Ricks ass right after I whooped Nutt...Bunch of bullies..

Wouldn't that make YOU a bully????

cubman

They are making these statements now so it won't scare away any recruits but after signing day I bet they wouldn't turn him away if he came and asked if he could play ball there.Because it's to late for him go through spring drills anyway.

samske

Uh, because they actually win more games than we do. 

samske

Quote from: SwineOnUCrazyDiamond on January 18, 2007, 04:36:31 pm
We didn't want him there anyways.

http://louisville.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=631294

I love watching Mitch play, but I also love my Mountaineers.  I would much rather face a 6-2, 200lb NJ quarterback than Mitch in three years.  This is definitely a good thing for the Mountaineers and their chances in the Big East. 

missippihog

Quote from: donewithdale on January 18, 2007, 06:06:50 pm
Quote from: missippihog on January 18, 2007, 06:00:51 pm
They see the whole situation with parents as many others outisde AR do and don't want that at their program. Sad but true.

Please explain the whole situation.  What is the 'whole situation'? 

Parents complaining. Parents calling a coach and asking for their child's release. That "situation". No other teams want to touch that with a 10 foot pole. Ask Stoops or Kragthorpe. How many times in the past have you ever heard a coach come out and say pubicly, "were not interested"? That speaks volumes. I hope Mitch goes somewhere and has a great career. I just can't blame those coaches for their decision either.

pigture perfect

Quote from: Hoot72 on January 18, 2007, 06:14:47 pm
Quote from: clemens on January 18, 2007, 06:07:30 pm
Brennan has taken his name out of the NFL draft -- in the paper today
Whether Brennan stays or goes, doesn't that sound like a good place to be right now?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ARPujolsFan

Any chance we can get Mitch to stay, redshirt next year while we lose, the Nutt is Fired and Malzahn has more experience, and comes back as the new head coach!  Ok I'll wake up now, but it is a nice dream.

Quote from: Hoggingit on January 18, 2007, 07:25:29 pm
I do not know this to be a fact but I think it's because Mitch is going to be at Tulsa and Steve Kragthorpe is trying to keep this focused for Tulsas' sake.
That could be, but why do it so publicly. Tell MM that privately.

I'm very surprised as I thought that MM could go anywhere his heart desires. It appears that the stink this whole thing has caused is limiting his options. I'm not saying its his fault, I don't think it is his fault. His mother and grandmother didn't help him out any, but I don't imagine he wanted that to happen either. Hopefully he finds a place that he wants to be and has a great career.

RHS

Quote from: donewithdale on January 18, 2007, 06:06:14 pm
Chuckie B was giddy to report this on sportscrap.  Our mouthpieces have done a good job of slandering Mitch and his family. 

His own family has done a fine job of looking like jackasses without any help.

Maybe Wyoming would allow Mitch to walk on and earn a schollie.

bwbcpa

Quote from: jodygaston on January 18, 2007, 04:49:07 pm
Louisville and OU don't want Mitch.  I wonder if this is kind of like a coach' s fraternity thing?  Everyone is going to send a message to future prospects not to involve their families and whine about playing time.  (Remember, the national media is buying HDN's take, so that is what they think happened.

Too bad one of his former coaches hasn't gone to bat for him. Oh wait, that would be Houston...

hogs25

This will haunt Mitch for the rest of his life.  I don't care where he goes but coaches on the outside looking in don't want another controversial kid to deal with regardless of who there are.  Would you?  I'm not slamming Mitch and wish him well but he needs to tell Mommy to butt out.  Good luck.  Only time will tell IF he made the right choice or not. 

pimpndistress

A MAN June Jones is the Man !
:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

razor rob

anybody got a link on the Sooners' disinterest in Mustain?

ChicoHog

Quote from: ARPujolsFan on January 18, 2007, 08:46:50 pm
Any chance we can get Mitch to stay, redshirt next year while we lose, the Nutt is Fired and Malzahn has more experience, and comes back as the new head coach!  Ok I'll wake up now, but it is a nice dream.
Great idea except the Malzahn as head coach.  Let's see him do something first to earn all the accolades.  I'll take
Butch davis, Patterson, Kragthortpe etc., 

jamie72921

It smells like Broyles Complex meddling to me. Yesterday it is announced Mitch will visit OU the next morning. By the evening OU is out.

Today it is announced publicly Louisville's Kragthorpe has coucilled Mustain to sit out this semester at JC and come to Louisville for the first summer session. By the evening Louisville is backing out.

I believe threats of investigation are being bandied by the Broyles complex to the effect stating that the 2 schools in question were recruiting Mitch prior to his release, which would be a NCAA infraction.

Don't worry Mustain has choices.

And those of you talking about his mom should be ashamed. First you show your lack of ability to reason when you think she could meddle in programs that are litterally 10 hours from her home. Secondly, it's just plain low class.
Bless your heart

jkcrunch

Quote from: fu-man-soo on January 18, 2007, 04:42:17 pm
Perfect World -

LMAO

jkcrunch

Quote from: jamie72921 on January 18, 2007, 10:47:59 pm
It smells like Broyles Complex meddling to me. Yesterday it is announced Mitch will visit OU the next morning. By the evening OU is out.

Today it is announced publicly Louisville's Kragthorpe has coucilled Mustain to sit out this semester at JC and come to Louisville for the first summer session. By the evening Louisville is backing out.

I believe threats of investigation are being bandied by the Broyles complex to the effect stating that the 2 schools in question were recruiting Mitch prior to his release, which would be a NCAA infraction.

Don't worry Mustain has choices.

And those of you talking about his mom should be ashamed. First you show your lack of ability to reason when you think she could meddle in programs that are litterally 10 hours from her home. Secondly, it's just plain low class.

LMAO

jkcrunch

Quote from: RHS on January 18, 2007, 08:48:39 pm
Quote from: donewithdale on January 18, 2007, 06:06:14 pm
Chuckie B was giddy to report this on sportscrap.  Our mouthpieces have done a good job of slandering Mitch and his family. 

His own family has done a fine job of looking like jackasses without any help.

Maybe Wyoming would allow Mitch to walk on and earn a schollie.

Not exactly nice but but not that far off and do not leave off Gus who pimped him to the UA.

The major mistake for Mitch and his family was allowing Gus to force them to commit before the season started.  Mitch did not want UA as his first choice, the excerpt alone from year of the dog points this out.   He should have followed Ziemba and Burns and waited to make their decision.   Mom should have stepped in here.   The next mistake was allowing her minor son to talk to a writer with out an adult present or in a controlled environment.

Speedy1422

I was told that Mitch was in the middle of an interview with Oklahoma when they stopped him right in the middle and told him that they don't need a Parade All-American with that much baggage.  Mommy dearest could have dug her son a hole that will take years to dig out of.  I feel sorry for the kid, but I also feel that if he would have performed on the field, we wouldn't be in this whole predicament.  Just my thoughts on the issue.