Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanks for the Quaterback! Mustain will ROCK at OU!

Started by OKCSooners, January 17, 2007, 07:07:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballhawgin

I wish MM the best, but he'll ride pine at OU.  He's a great recruit, but an average player.  Boomer Sooner!

hogfan67

Personally, I am glad the kid is gone, but I do wish him well.  Since he's been on campus at Arkansas, he's done nothing but distract his fellow teammates.  In my opinion, Nutt spent way too much time recruiting this kid.  There were a lot of other quality quarterbacks he could have gone after.  Although Mustain won a bunch of awards in high school, that doesn't translate to instant success on the football field.  Does anyone remember Gary Brashears?  He came in highly recruited and ended up transferring to Tulsa where he never made it as a quarterback.  Like Brashears, I doubt Mustain will ever live up to his press clippings either.

Since 1894

Again,

I was looking forward to Tulsa Blue and Gold,

Oklahoma will be hard.

After all he has gone through, I hope he finds a place he can excel. 

My best wishes to him and his family.  Looking forward to following his career in the future.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

DOGALUM

Quote from: hogfan67 on January 17, 2007, 08:04:15 pm
Personally, I am glad the kid is gone, but I do wish him well.  Since he's been on campus at Arkansas, he's done nothing but distract his fellow teammates.  In my opinion, Nutt spent way too much time recruiting this kid.  There were a lot of other quality quarterbacks he could have gone after.  Although Mustain won a bunch of awards in high school, that doesn't translate to instant success on the football field.  Does anyone remember Gary Brashears?  He came in highly recruited and ended up transferring to Tulsa where he never made it as a quarterback.  Like Brashears, I doubt Mustain will ever live up to his press clippings either.
Brashears was nowhere near as highly touted as Mustain.  I mean he wasn't even close.  You trying to compare them is just plain stupid.  C'mon man.  If you're gonna try to bring something to the table, make sure you get all your chit in one sock before popping off.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

rules

Every other coach is high on MM other than ours, does that say something about our coaching staff???  I dont hear anybody from another school dying to get cd??? OHHHH he SUX"S that why, but we treat him like he is Vince Young?? Why is that??

NuttSu

Quote from: dmac_iz_kin on January 17, 2007, 07:17:39 pm
i hope this guy posts more, his team got embarrased in the Fiesta bowl, by a mid-major which HDN led just a decade ago. please post more your so stupid its entertaining.
Say what you want about Boise St. but they would have demolished the Hogs this year,they actually have a coach that isnt a doofus

judgeroyswine

I've already stated my views on OU, but I can very well bet you this...If Mustain ends up with the Sooners you will never hear about problem's with his mom again.  They know how to treat people and if there are any problems (I doubt it) they will be dealt with respectfully "in house."  As a matter of fact, I'll bet you hear nothing but positive about her.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

rcowen

Keep talkin Sooner fan, I think boise state just scored again on your joke of a Defense...

Hogtimes

I guess all schools have to have a few fans like OKCsooner.    The OU fans I know are not that way.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: OKCSooners on January 17, 2007, 07:21:17 pm
One thing is for sure, your message board is unreal. Is every razorback fan on this site at the same time? I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers (well maybe a little). Thanks for letting me post. Good luck to the razorbacks, if they don't win it for darn sure not the fan's fault! BOOMER SOONER!
Good luck to you guys, too. You have a quality head coach and are getting the best QB to come out of Arkansas ever. Enjoy him while you have him. I can't wait to see you guys DESTROY the Shorthorns in the Shootout!
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

RzBlade

As much as I dislike HDN I would still rather play for him than UO ..... OU sux!!  :puke:

samske

I lived in Texas so it will take some adjusting to get used to Mitch in Sooner red.  But I love the kid, his talent and his ability NOT get into the fray this year.  He didn't complain, he didn't stir the pot, he stayed quiet.  He took his lumps from Olajabutu when the book came out and didn't retaliate.  He was honorable and befits all the success he can get.

It's our loss...OU's gain.

OKCSooners

Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on January 17, 2007, 08:16:38 pm
One thing is for sure, your message board is unreal. Is every razorback fan on this site at the same time? I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers (well maybe a little). Thanks for letting me post. Good luck to the razorbacks, if they don't win it for darn sure not the fan's fault! BOOMER SOONER!
Good luck to you guys, too. You have a quality head coach and are getting the best QB to come out of Arkansas ever. Enjoy him while you have him. I can't wait to see you guys DESTROY the Shorthorns in the Shootout!
I guess we (OU and Arky) have a few things in common like loving to beat TEXASux. It's by far our biggest game of the year; I've been to 14 consecutive Red River Rivalries. There's nothing in College Football to compare it with. I root for only two teams: THE SOONERS and whoever the heck is playing against TEXASux. As for Houston Nutt being attached to Oklahoma, he being a "Cow-Poke" over at the Oklahoma School of Farming doesn't really qualify. If Mustain has the talent that he supposed to have, Coach Stoops and Heupel will make him into a Bonafide OU Superstar.

Since 1894

Quote from: OKCSooners on January 17, 2007, 08:22:53 pm
Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on January 17, 2007, 08:16:38 pm
I guess we (OU and Arky) have a few things in common like loving to beat TEXASux. It’s by far our biggest game of the year; I’ve been to 14 consecutive Red River Rivalries. There’s nothing in College Football to compare it with. I root for only two teams: THE SOONERS and whoever the heck is playing against TEXASux. As for Houston Nutt being attached to Oklahoma, he being a “Cow-Poke” over at the Oklahoma School of Farming doesn’t really qualify. If Mustain has the talent that he supposed to have, Coach Stoops and Heupel will make him into a Bonafide OU Superstar.

It will still take me some time to like it.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

hogfan67

Dogalum,

If you new anything about Brashears at all, you would know he was a Parade Magazine High School All-America Quarterback.  The Sporting News ranked him as the second best quaterback prospect in the nation at the time.  Overall... he was the #5 quarterback in the country and somehow he doesn't come close to Mitch Mustain's QB ratings.  Give it rest... Springdale boy!

jrohog

Happy for Mustain...sick for the HOGS....still feel like this must be a bad dream....no...a nightmare!!!  How does such a big time recruit, National Gatorade Player, Parade Magazine cover, home-grown hog end up at OU after a year at AR?  One answer...to get away from the HN regime that is permanently in place at the U of A.  Boomer Sooner!!

vol_in_ar

Are you sure it's Oklahoma...
I thought he was headed to USC...

TY FIGHTER 5

January 17, 2007, 08:31:59 pm #67 Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 08:34:04 pm by TY FIGHTER 5
If Mitch does find a spot at Oklahoma he will be a outstanding quarterback that will make noise in the big 12 and in the national spotlight like he did here at Arkansas!

I wish him the best where ever he ends up at :)

GrumpyHog

OU, a perfect fit. Good luck MItchell, I hope you decided to enroll.

hogfan67

Quote from: DOGALUM on January 17, 2007, 08:08:34 pm
Brashears was nowhere near as highly touted as Mustain.  I mean he wasn't even close.  You trying to compare them is just plain stupid.  C'mon man.  If you're gonna try to bring something to the table, make sure you get all your chit in one sock before popping off.

Dogalum,

If you new anything about Brashears at all, you would know he was a Parade Magazine High School All-America Quarterback.  The Sporting News ranked him as the second best quaterback prospect in the nation at the time.  Overall... he was the #5 quarterback in the country and somehow he doesn't come close to Mitch Mustain's QB ratings.  Give it rest... Springdale boy!

hogtheball

I hope Mitch doesn't end up a Sooner, but good luck to him if that's his decision.  One thing that amazes me is how many of our fans have the audacity to get on this message board and slam OU for losing a BCS game.  OU has a better coach than us, a better program (both today, yesterday, and historically), and what looks like a better future.  In college sports, that means they have the right to talk smack to the teams who are inferior to them (as in the Arkansas Razorbacks).

We can't throw Boise State in their faces (primarily because we are not Boise State, but also because Boise State would have humiliated us as well).  When we win some big games, we can talk all the smack we want to.  Until then, we just have to do a lot of listening.  To those of you who haven't figured the whole thing out, that's what having a mediocre program means. 

Do you have any idea how embarassing it is to see fans saying - SEC rules, your conference sucks.  We could say that if we were Vanderbilt fans, too.  It wouldn't make us any better.  A Razorback fan talking smack to an OU fan by saying the SEC rules is one of the most humiliating things I've ever had to read as a fan.  I guess it's all we have left to talk smack about - our conference affiliation.  We sure can't say "SEC WEST RULES," can we?
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

baseballhog

"Good for OU", "I'll be ordering my OU stuff."  If you think this is best for MM then fine, but to act like you support OU and have now become a fan, makes me want to puke.  I like the guy but, the only 2 places in the nation that he could go and I hope he would never win a game would be Norman and Austin.  You're either a Razorback or Sooner, Cub or Cardinal, Cowboy or Redskin, you can't stradle the fence on this one.  Support MM but God forbid don't say good for OU on our great board.

mykidsdad

Quote from: hogfan67 on January 17, 2007, 08:37:00 pm

Dogalum,

Ok master of information. Please list all the other players that won all the POY awards that attended UofA. Ok now how about any players ever doing that? I assume that Brashears did right?

DOGALUM

Quote from: hogfan67 on January 17, 2007, 08:37:00 pm

Dogalum,

There are more than one Parade Magazine High School All-American Quarterbacks every year.  That means he was one of many QB nationwide that was a Parade All-American.  There is only one Gatorade National Player of the Year and only one Parade National Player of the Year each year.  Go back and look at the offers Gary had vs. the offers Mitch had.  Or....feel free to ask anybody on this board if Gary was anywhere close to being as highly touted/recruited as Mitch.  Gary "achieved" his "status" due to some phony/doctored recruiting tapes sent to Parade by his daddy.  You.....my friend....have no clue what the hell you are talking about.  Damn right I'm a Springdale boy.

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hoginsherwood

Is OU promising Mitch the same compensation package as their other quarterbacks?

OKhogfan1959

OU?? Please no Mitch!!! No!!!

I really wish nothing but the best for him but I hate OU and their fans..Obnoxious but I do think Mitch would thrive in their offense..It's a great fit really..

Uncle_Rico

Quote from: baseballhog on January 17, 2007, 08:38:45 pm
"Good for OU", "I'll be ordering my OU stuff."  If you think this is best for MM then fine, but to act like you support OU and have now become a fan, makes me want to puke.  I like the guy but, the only 2 places in the nation that he could go and I hope he would never win a game would be Norman and Austin.  You're either a Razorback or Sooner, Cub or Cardinal, Cowboy or Redskin, you can't stradle the fence on this one.  Support MM but God forbid don't say good for OU on our great board.

You sir are deluded.

I didn't even realize OU and Arkansas were rivals.  To compare them to the historic rivalries like Cubs vs Cards or Cowboys vs Redskins is just wrong/dumb. 

pigmania

Quote from: OKCSooners on January 17, 2007, 07:07:24 pm
Wow! I was researching our newest Quarterback aquistion and found this message board, you guys have some issues over there in Arky. Looks like Mitch was run out of Fayetteville and has landed in By-God-Boomer-Sooner-Norman-OKLAHOMA! KOCO in Ok City said Josh Heupel (our QB Coach) was thrilled that Mustain was trading in his Red and White for Crimson and Cream! Too bad OU and Arky are in different conferences, it would be most awesome to see what he would do to his former team - maybe a bowl game - hmm maybe not, Arky hasn't ever been to a BCS game have they? Oh well, Thanks again for the QB! BOOMER SOONER!
It's cardinal and white, so shut your pie hole "sooner loser". Go Broncos!!!

TOM "tbw1"

I hate seeing MM go to OU since we have dominated them in football for decades.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

VetRock

Quote from: AirForceHog on January 17, 2007, 07:10:54 pm
Hell he's right. I would be excited to if The Parade All AMerican QB was dropped in my teams lap.

yep, can't blame him.
"Gaps!"
"Gaps?"
"Yeah, Gaps.  She got gaps, I got gaps, together we got no gaps."
---From The Movie "Rocky"

hawgibalboa

Sooner Magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as Brent Musberger would say....Stoops and Mustain are so much alike...just look at Stoops everytime he dont get a call his way...It will be a nice fit for the stagnation of the OU program over the next few years...Go Hogs!!   

VoR

Quote from: vstar on January 17, 2007, 07:14:22 pm
Yea OU made it to a couple of BCS bowls, let's see wasn't it against S.C and LSU. I don't quite remember what the scores were.............................could you refresh my memory?

Hmmmmmmmmm, and when was the last time we were in a BCS Bowl, and I do believe OU has won a NC or 3 since the last time we visited those hollowed halls.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

hogtheball

Quote from: hawgibalboa on January 17, 2007, 08:51:17 pm
Sooner Magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as Brent Musberger would say....Stoops and Mustain are so much alike...just look at Stoops everytime he dont get a call his way...It will be a nice fit for the stagnation of the OU program over the next few years...Go Hogs!!  

See, that's what I mean - a Razorback fan talking smack to an OU fan in football is a lot like a Vanderbilt fan talking smack to a North Carolina basketball fan.  Do you even realize how silly it is.  You are a Hog football fan, there are not a lot of teams you can talk smack to without sounding stupid.  OU is not one of those teams. 
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

softballguy8

Quote from: OKCSooners on January 17, 2007, 07:07:24 pm
Wow! I was researching our newest Quarterback aquistion and found this message board, you guys have some issues over there in Arky. Looks like Mitch was run out of Fayetteville and has landed in By-God-Boomer-Sooner-Norman-OKLAHOMA! KOCO in Ok City said Josh Heupel (our QB Coach) was thrilled that Mustain was trading in his Red and White for Crimson and Cream! Too bad OU and Arky are in different conferences, it would be most awesome to see what he would do to his former team - maybe a bowl game - hmm maybe not, Arky hasn't ever been to a BCS game have they? Oh well, Thanks again for the QB! BOOMER SOONER!

Hey, ya'll make sure not to let his mother issue a press release about his salary from the part time job he's given over there. And if you know of any openings, let me know. I need something that pays about 7K for working about 5 hours per week.

Sincerely,

Rhett Bomar
Coach Petrino ... Welcome to Arkansas!

hawgibalboa

A Hog fan can say whatever he wants to a Sooner fan.  I live on the border and I have to listen to them everday bad mouth our state and program.  Its not about wins and losses..Its alot deeper than that.  So, Im so happy because it just thrills me when OU gets whooped by anyone

autohog

phoggy

:'(..sadly I will have no choice but to take interest in the Sooner program.
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

Nap

Quote from: hogtheball on January 17, 2007, 08:38:04 pm
I hope Mitch doesn't end up a Sooner, but good luck to him if that's his decision.  One thing that amazes me is how many of our fans have the audacity to get on this message board and slam OU for losing a BCS game.  OU has a better coach than us, a better program (both today, yesterday, and historically), and what looks like a better future.  In college sports, that means they have the right to talk smack to the teams who are inferior to them (as in the Arkansas Razorbacks).

We can't throw Boise State in their faces (primarily because we are not Boise State, but also because Boise State would have humiliated us as well).  When we win some big games, we can talk all the smack we want to.  Until then, we just have to do a lot of listening.  To those of you who haven't figured the whole thing out, that's what having a mediocre program means. 

Excellent post.  I agree, and we shouldn't try to talk smack to OU fans.  Boise State was awesome this year, and would have smoked us.  Besides, the few OU fans that have posted here tonight are actually being reasonable.  The are excited about possibly getting Mustain (just like we would be), and they've even complimented this board and its number of members.
I still can't believe that Fuzzy's is gone...

wacohog

I'm wondering how Mitch is going to enjoy OU's probation from the Bomar situation.

Honestly, you can't believe they are going to get off with no penalties.  In fact, the scuttlebutt down here is that Stoops will replace Parcells.

Mitch needs to think about it....

hogtheball

Quote from: hawgibalboa on January 17, 2007, 09:00:40 pm
A Hog fan can say whatever he wants to a Sooner fan.  I live on the border and I have to listen to them everday bad mouth our state and program.  Its not about wins and losses..Its alot deeper than that.  So, Im so happy because it just thrills me when OU gets whooped by anyone

You can say whatever you want - but you sound silly.  They bad mouth our program because it's an EXTREMELY EASY target.  Every year, when football fans around the country talk about the great programs, the Sooners are in the middle of the discussion.  Where are the Hogs?  Same every year...nowhere to be found.   

We aren't an OU rival - Texas is.  We aren't even on their radar.  They don't hate us, they just feel sorry for us. 

RBLtoHOG

I hate OU and always will. Someone that handed the ball off for 7 games isn't going to change my mind
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

hawgibalboa

Silly, I think not.  Bob Stoops loosing to Boise State...now thats silly...Bob Stoops wearing a visor...now thats feminine...No OU fan feels sorry for us..dont believe that for a second.

razor rob

Quote from: hogtheball on January 17, 2007, 09:05:28 pm

You can say whatever you want - but you sound silly.  They bad mouth our program because it's an EXTREMELY EASY target.  Every year, when football fans around the country talk about the great programs, the Sooners are in the middle of the discussion.  Where are the Hogs?  Same every year...nowhere to be found.  

We aren't an OU rival - Texas is.  We aren't even on their radar.  They don't hate us, they just feel sorry for us. 

Sooner-hater fans are the unhappiest people in the world.
Why waste your time hating another school? The fact that you admit it speaks volumes.
Get a hobby.

DOGALUM

Quote from: hawgibalboa on January 17, 2007, 09:10:03 pm
Silly, I think not.  Bob Stoops loosing to Boise State...now thats silly...Bob Stoops wearing a visor...now thats feminine...No OU fan feels sorry for us..dont believe that for a second.
I believe it.   Hell.....I feel sorry for myself.   And I'm still waiting on MM's descision to find out if I'm an OU fan.

hogtheball

Quote from: hawgibalboa on January 17, 2007, 09:10:03 pm

I thought a hog fan making fun of the ou football program was the goofiest thing I've seen lately.  Now, a hog fan has made fun of Bob Stoops visor.  At least visors are still worn on tennis courts and can be purchased at your local department store.  Have you noticed the incredibly gay-looking hat that our coach wears?  Seriously.  You had to be kidding by making fun of another coach's hat.  You were, weren't you. Please.

Hawgz4Life

Hey Mitchell...If you go to Norman, do us a favor......don't take any jobs at any car lots. ;)

RBLtoHOG

Quote from: razor rob on January 17, 2007, 09:11:32 pm
Quote from: hogtheball on January 17, 2007, 09:05:28 pm

Sooner-hater fans are the unhappiest people in the world.
Why waste your time hating another school? The fact that you admit it speaks volumes.
Get a hobby.

Wow i about spit my drink everywhere when I saw this. So Arkansas fans that hate Texas are unhappy? Cause last time i checked that is the extreme majority of hog fans. Im glad we have you to tell us we are unhappy. I apparently meed anti-depressants since I hate OU, Texas, USC, and LSU
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

DOGALUM

Quote from: Hoginsherwood on January 17, 2007, 09:12:37 pm
Quote from: autohog on January 17, 2007, 09:04:00 pm
You can have him and his mother.

Well said.
You guys must have gone to the Otis Kirk school of damage control.  (if they don't choose us.....belittle them) 

Pathetic!