Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why did Lee Zimbia leave for Auburn over arkansas ?

Started by hogtrack77677, January 17, 2007, 06:45:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoe Strings

There are several reasons. 

First, he's got parents that attended there, and has family close by.

Second, there's obviously problems at the U of A, but that's not the difference maker either.

Third, it's got to do with the philosophy of offensive line play under Markuson.  Mike is a great guy, but he using antiquated techniqes and emphasizing the running game in the development of offensive lineman.  This philosphy is fine if you're using 6'2", 340 lbs. lineman.  But, when you're a 6'7", 320 lb. tackle these techniques don't and won't maximize your potential.  These kids all strive, and at this point believe, that they have a future in the NFL, and why shouldn't they.  Well, not pass blocking with technique for five years is going to get them no-where in the NFL.  Other teams, and coaches, emphasize and highlight this to the recruits.  It's a big deal.  It's the same reason we didn't get Bartley Webb last year, also.

jabohog

Quote from: westmemphisrazorback on January 17, 2007, 07:39:32 pm
Quote from: sean565 on January 17, 2007, 07:27:05 pm
STABILITY...  that is one word that comes to mind.  Yes we kicked Auburn all over their own field and yes we have a much better football team but when it's all said and done - they have stability right now whereas we do not.

Isn't Auburn the school that almost hired a new Coach behind Tuberville's Back and then had to give him an extension to save face.  Stability at Auburn?
Yes, much like our Admin, Auburn's showed a lack of integrity. The PTB at Auburn remedied that with terminations. What has UofA done. Can you say spin?

Shoe Strings

Second, there's obviously problems at the U of A, but that's not the difference maker either.

Third, it's got to do with the philosophy of offensive line play under Markuson.  Mike is a great guy, but he using antiquated techniqes and emphasizing the running game in the development of offensive lineman.  This philosphy is fine if you're using 6'2", 340 lbs. lineman.  But, when you're a 6'7", 320 lb. tackle these techniques don't and won't maximize your potential.  These kids all strive, and at this point believe, that they have a future in the NFL, and why shouldn't they.  Well, not pass blocking with technique for five years is going to get them no-where in the NFL.  Other teams, and coaches, emphasize and highlight this to the recruits.  It's a big deal.  It's the same reason we didn't get Bartley Webb last year, also.

hogs2120

Sorry, I just need some clarification on this because I didnt think he had announced everything but then I saw the thread about why he took Auburn over Arkansas.  Is it just speculation or did he actually announce his committment to Auburn?

jabohog

Quote from: Shoe Strings on January 18, 2007, 01:37:30 pm

Well, we want kids that want to be there. If thinking of their future is more important, then they have to do what they have to do. (sarcasm)
Nice post by the way.

dish13-hog

"In the 6 billion year history of this planet there has been ONLY ONE national high school player of the year from the state of Arkansas. Houston Nutt had him and lost him.
Believe it or not."  - Mike Irwin, 1/16/07

"Digger Phelps is a moron." - Me, 3/11/07

Jim Harris

Quote from: gopigsgo on January 17, 2007, 07:33:29 pm
Said he was going to go home and pray about it so I must assume God told him to go there. We are in deep crap.

I guess Lee didn't see the same "Hog sign" on his bedroom wall that Fred Bledsoe saw back on that morning of signing day in 2004. I would have felt somebody in Rogers could have figured out a way to get that sign on Lee's wall too.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

Quote from: Shoe Strings on January 18, 2007, 01:44:20 pm

Markuson is emphasizing the running game for his linemen because that is what we do, run. And still, Arkansas led the lead in fewest sacks allowed last season.

It appears Shawn Andrews "overcame" your theory about Markuson's preparing these linemen or not preparing them for the NFL.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 18, 2007, 01:23:25 pm
TT is a better coach and more truthfull than our Habitual Liar Reverend Nutt!

If Tuberville is a better coach than Nutt, why is he 4-5 against him with better talent?

rcooper

jamie72921

Quote from: drakehog on January 18, 2007, 02:23:47 pm
Quote from: Shoe Strings on January 18, 2007, 01:44:20 pm

Markuson is emphasizing the running game for his linemen because that is what we do, run. And still, Arkansas led the lead in fewest sacks allowed last season.

It appears Shawn Andrews "overcame" your theory about Markuson's preparing these linemen or not preparing them for the NFL.

We only threw it 10 times against Auburn. I would hope that we led the SEC with fewest sacks.

It is common knowledge that Andrews had to be taught the fundamentals of pass blocking after he arrived at Philadelphia.
Bless your heart

wooly

I don't believe TT will be there for all of Ziemba's career anyway. JMO.  Feel somebody is going to give him his pro shot soon.

ceegar

good point Drake.  Not that I like HDN but stats are stats.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: drakehog on January 18, 2007, 02:22:35 pm
Quote from: gopigsgo on January 17, 2007, 07:33:29 pm
Said he was going to go home and pray about it so I must assume God told him to go there. We are in deep crap.

I guess Lee didn't see the same "Hog sign" on his bedroom wall that Fred Bledsoe saw back on that morning of signing day in 2004. I would have felt somebody in Rogers could have figured out a way to get that sign on Lee's wall too.

It's not over yet, but hogs have to move quickly to fix it.  It's not the coaches at the U of A, why he might go to AU.

HogLard

I hope someone in Rogers can verify what coach Nutt told Lee Z on Tuesday . It is very eye opening .

hogsruletheworld

I've always heard that the o-line prefers a running offense to a passing offense so they can force their will on the defense.  It that's true then Fayetteville would be an o-lines dream come true under the HDN offensive scheme.
TJ Betz
Gravette, AR