Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why did Lee Zimbia leave for Auburn over arkansas ?

Started by hogtrack77677, January 17, 2007, 06:45:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogtrack77677

DezNuttstehsuq

Read pages 1 thru 307 and you might get an idea  ;)

0515hv

Probably had a notion as how to things would be ran on the Hill.  See the last two or three days.

Rooka

Quote from: DezNuttstehsuq on January 17, 2007, 06:59:45 pm
Dang it, exactly what I was going to say.

scarolinahog

it is a stupid question to ask why Zimbia would leave for Auburn over Arkansas. Would you want to play in this 3 ring circius? If you ever thought you were NFL bound why play for Nutt the meat grinder?

Frank Broyles and Houston nutt are a disgrace to College football. The decisions they make have huge impacts on young mens lives, and they could care less. 
I POST IN CAPS CAUSE I LOVE THE JOKES!

The HogDog

STABILITY...  that is one word that comes to mind.  Yes we kicked Auburn all over their own field and yes we have a much better football team but when it's all said and done - they have stability right now whereas we do not.

HogLard

someone needs to ask Lee what coach Nutt told him yesterday ????

Tusks

The last 3 days....the last 307 pages.....try the last 9 years.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

aloha_kid

Quote from: sean565 on January 17, 2007, 07:27:05 pm
STABILITY...  that is one word that comes to mind.  Yes we kicked Auburn all over their own field and yes we have a much better football team but when it's all said and done - they have stability right now whereas we do not.

We've had the same coach for 9 years and stability issues the past 5.... all his own doing.

gopigsgo

Said he was going to go home and pray about it so I must assume God told him to go there. We are in deep darn.

gopigsgo

hog caller

Forked Tongue

Gus was in charge of his official visit.  Probably not the best choice.  Because I'm new to this site, please don't interpt that as a slam at anyone.  Just saying I know it didn't go well and Gus didn't do a solid job on his visit.

It might not have mattered, but it wasn't an A+ visit.

westmemphisrazorback

Isn't Auburn the school that almost hired a new Coach behind Tuberville's Back and then had to give him an extension to save face.  Stability at Auburn?

Newcoachplease

Quote from: westmemphisrazorback on January 17, 2007, 07:39:32 pm

Isn't Auburn the school that almost hired a new Coach behind Tuberville's Back and then had to give him an extension to save face.  Stability at Auburn?

Then the next year they went 13-0. A little more stable then here.

westmemphisrazorback

Quote from: Newcoachplease on January 17, 2007, 07:44:04 pm

Then the next year they went 13-0. A little more stable then here.

Arkansas went 10-4 with all of this going on during the season.  I guess they will have to have another good year in 07 to prove the program is stable!

Pork Salad Annie

Tommy Tuberville vs. the Houston Dale Nutt Circus?

Easy choice for the best recruit in the state of Arkansas.

pigmania

mj4president

Quote from: hog caller on January 17, 2007, 07:35:24 pm
his mommy and daddy went there need i say more.

Why do yall post stuff that isnt true? Why?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

bigyellowdog

missippihog

He committed to AU this past weekend, before all of this "mess" occurred and his parents are AU alums.

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Calling All Hogs

Paul Simon said it best....

Hop on the bus, Gus
You dont need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Any questions?

HatfieldHog

I can't believe that anyone would ask this question!

Duhhhh....

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

56Hog

Quote from: hogtrack77677 on January 17, 2007, 06:45:32 pm

It came down to a choice between preparing for a career in the NFL or a career in Daytime Soap Operas.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

mj4president

Hey sir-pigs-a-lot would you shed some light on why he choose what he did since I am a fraud and you are of his best friends right?

Bustahog

He wanted to learn both running and PASS blocking before going pro.

Hawgz4Life

1. The cafeteria food is better.
2. He gets a choice of TWO mascots..a tiger and a FIERCE eagle.
3. Right now, it just makes more sense...

Hawgz4Life

Paul Simon said it best....

Hop on the bus, Gus
You dont need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Any questions?

I don't think that there are truly 50 ways to leave your lover...but a good two or three usually does the trick. My favorite is going out for beer and never coming back.

missippihog

woopig5

He just wanted to do film acting more than soaps, so starting in commercials (Under Amour - Click Clack) just made sense.

ceegar

Pass blocking at AU.  HaHA  That is a good one
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

Choctaw Hog

Because he doesn't want to play/perform for a Court Jester.

Bustahog

WPSRazorbacks

It's obvious, he didn't want to be a Razorback!  Shocking, I know but he didn't want to run out of the A if front of 70,000 crazy HOG fans. He didn't want to sing the fight song in front of the student section after a win. He didn't want to stay and try to help his home state win a Championship. It blows my mind that he and other in state prospects would decide to leave the great state of ARKANSAS.

"I am a humble monkey, Sitting up in here again, But then came the day, I climbed out of these safe limbs, Ventured away, Walking tall, head high up and singing, I went to the city, Car horns, corners and the gritty, Now I am the proudest monkey you've ever seen"

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: DezNuttstehsuq on January 17, 2007, 06:59:45 pm

This one definetely wins the official/unofficial "post of the week" award.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: missippihog on January 17, 2007, 09:24:52 pm
Quote from: mj4president on January 17, 2007, 09:07:07 pm
He did not committ anywhere before his visit.

At his visit this past weekend.

Malzahn leaving and the events of the last few days didn't help.

riccoar

No one questions about will we be successful in 2007.  HOW successful in 2007 is the question.  Given HDN's previous nine seasons, can you really blame anyone for doubting that it will be better than 2006?  Wait till 2008 when all the studs are gone and no one is waiting in the wings to replace them, then what?  Another two year pass?

Mark my words on this line of this post.  The same jackasses who were falling all over themselves today about how much better off we are now that Mustain has left, will be the first ones in 2008 when we struggle and say, "Losing the #1 rated HS QB in the nation really hurt our offense."

jkstock04

Are you serious?  Where would you choose after seeing all this mess?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Temprees

Well, Auburn went 12 or 13-0 the next season after that bump in the road.

riccoar

You can also bet after signing day when this class ranks last in the SEC to have Chuckles, BlOtis, and Clay Spinry to mention all the fallout as the excuse.

WPSRazorbacks

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 18, 2007, 12:29:32 am
Are you serious?  Where would you choose after seeing all this mess?

THE ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS. No other team comes close.
"I am a humble monkey, Sitting up in here again, But then came the day, I climbed out of these safe limbs, Ventured away, Walking tall, head high up and singing, I went to the city, Car horns, corners and the gritty, Now I am the proudest monkey you've ever seen"

songofthesword

January 18, 2007, 03:18:40 am #42 Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 03:20:32 am by songofthesword
Quote from: WPSRazorbacks on January 18, 2007, 12:11:11 am

It's obvious, he didn't want to be a Razorback!  Shocking, I know but he didn't want to run out of the A if front of 70,000 crazy HOG fans. He didn't want to sing the fight song in front of the student section after a win. He didn't want to stay and try to help his home state win a Championship. It blows my mind that he and other in state prospects would decide to leave the great state of ARKANSAS.

shut this up.

I'm as big of a hog fan as anyone here. I LOVE arkansas. I lived in Florida for the past 6 months. Can you imagine how much heat I took being in the middle of Gator Country, going around with an Arkansas hat on?

With that said, you couldn't PAY me to play for arkansas right now if I had the opprotunity.

Why?

Because as much as I love the Hogs, I love myself more. Meaning at the end of the day I have do what's in my best interest.

If I have any desire to play on Sundays, if I want to have FUN playing football and If I want to walk away from a coach knowing I learned something more than football, I couldn't go to arkansas?

Can you imagine Calvin Johnson playing for Nutt? Carson Palmer? Who according to Nutt, never would have seen his Junior Year because he was a bum up until I think his senior year, then came like a bat out of nowhere to light up the world and win the hiseman.

What Life lessons is HDN going to teach me?

Son, this is how you whine..

You bite your fingernails like this..

No, when you LIE, you like with a slight grin and  you show your palms son, show the palms!

I played high school basketball. To this DAY I still talk to my High School Coach and I am 23 and I have made my place in the world. But I look up to him. He has class, he has life lessons, and he was a hell of a ball coach. He made stuff that was difficult seem so easy to understand.

anyway, that's my rant.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

malzhanista

Lee called nutt a dork when he was 15?

If we had a respectable coach, we'd keep the vast majority of these boys.

Houston nutt is not a respectable coach, he's not even a respectable man.

deltahogfan

I assume you are being sarcastic. If not, then open your eyes and remove your head from the sand.
Those who get there first with the most.

WPSRazorbacks

Quote from: songofthesword on January 18, 2007, 03:18:40 am
Why did Lee Zimbia leave for Auburn over Arkansas ?

shut this up.

I'm as big of a hog fan as anyone here. I LOVE Arkansas. I lived in Florida for the past 6 months. Can you imagine how much heat I took being in the middle of Gator Country, going around with an Arkansas hat on?

With that said, you couldn't PAY me to play for Arkansas right now if I had the opportunity.

Why?

Because as much as I love the Hogs, I love myself more. Meaning at the end of the day I have do what's in my best interest.

If I have any desire to play on Sundays, if I want to have FUN playing football and If I want to walk away from a coach knowing I learned something more than football, I couldn't go to Arkansas?

Can you imagine Calvin Johnson playing for Nutt? Carson Palmer? Who according to Nutt, never would have seen his Junior Year because he was a bum up until I think his senior year, then came like a bat out of nowhere to light up the world and win the hiseman.

What Life lessons is HDN going to teach me?

Son, this is how you whine..

You bite your fingernails like this..

No, when you LIE, you like with a slight grin and  you show your palms son, show the palms!

I played high school basketball. To this DAY I still talk to my High School Coach and I am 23 and I have made my place in the world. But I look up to him. He has class, he has life lessons, and he was a hell of a ball coach. He made stuff that was difficult seem so easy to understand.

anyway, that's my rant.

If you would honestly choose anyone over the Razorback then MOVE BACK TO FLORIDA. I cant believe any true Razorback fan would not jump at the chance to go play 4 years of football in Fayetteville.

budcampbellfan

He didn't want to hold a press conference to defend the AD and HC.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

OKCHogFan

His folks went to Auburn, but they now live in NWA.  Why wouldn't they want to see him play close to home?  It's a shame.

DeltaBoy

TT is a better coach and more truthfull than our Habitual Liar Reverend Nutt!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.