Monk calls press conference for 3pm

Started by Cresthog, January 17, 2007, 01:42:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

clemensrules01

Quote from: LA HAWG on January 17, 2007, 04:27:51 pm
Quote from: clemens on January 17, 2007, 04:22:48 pm

they won an sec west championship.

Again,
No one on this team has ever won a thing.
theyve won the most games as Razorbacks in decades.

im sorry they didnt win a national title.

do not trash the players, LA HAWG.

what purpose does your point serve?

jagoodwin1953

you guys bad talking gus you mit meat him next year in bowel game now that would be great lol

LAGNAF

Quote from: Hawgon on January 17, 2007, 04:17:42 pm
Quote from: glidsy on January 17, 2007, 04:10:31 pm
Marcus had enough of the negativity about his program this morning and decided to meet with the media and address some things

He was here along with McFadden, Luigs, Felix Jones, Harrison, Richardson and many others

They feel disrespected by some of the comments being made by fans, media, people that are leaving, etc

Ben Cleveland, Carlton.Salters, London Crawford and Marques Wade have all told him they are stayingHe never saw any signs of abuse and he believes Mitch was given a fair shot, but you have to continue to earn things

Says the team is as close as it has ever been and is a band of brothers as strong as ever

D-Mac said they worked on the Wildcat before Gus got here and while he wishes him well - they will be fine

of course the Nutt bashers will say mouth piece, the Huggers will say WE are vindicated,, the realists will think its somewhere in the middle

****em.  Players should not comment on things like that unless they want to get right in the middle of it.  ****em.  None of them on this team have ever won a damn thing.  They had a chance this year and choked.  What do they know honestly?  All they know is piece of crap coach and losing.  I am dead serious. 

And they'd probably say **** you! They have been in the middle of it and its detracting from their experience as a college athlete as well. Do you only care about the players (or ex players) that share your point of view?

SwineSpectator

Funny- I heard they had a freaking hoe-down in the Alabama locker room when Shula was fired...

BS- players have to support the coaches. Their asses are on the line. I hate this presser.

hogstuff

Quote from: LAGNAF on January 17, 2007, 04:32:30 pm
Quote from: glidsy on January 17, 2007, 04:10:31 pm
Marcus had enough of the negativity about his program this morning and decided to meet with the media and address some things

He was here along with McFadden, Luigs, Felix Jones, Harrison, Richardson and many others

They feel disrespected by some of the comments being made by fans, media, people that are leaving, etc

Ben Cleveland, Carlton.Salters, London Crawford and Marques Wade have all told him they are stayingHe never saw any signs of abuse and he believes Mitch was given a fair shot, but you have to continue to earn things

Says the team is as close as it has ever been and is a band of brothers as strong as ever

D-Mac said they worked on the Wildcat before Gus got here and while he wishes him well - they will be fine

of course the Nutt bashers will say mouth piece, the Huggers will say WE are vindicated,, the realists will think its somewhere in the middle

****em.  Players should not comment on things like that unless they want to get right in the middle of it.  ****em.  None of them on this team have ever won a damn thing.  They had a chance this year and choked.  What do they know honestly?  All they know is piece of crap coach and losing.  I am dead serious. 

And they'd probably say **** you! They have been in the middle of it and its detracting from their experience as a college athlete as well. Do you only care about the players (or ex players) that share your point of view?

I am sure that is all he cares about.  Anything the chosen ones say is gospel but if anyone disagrees they are liars.

BassinHawg

OK, I'm ready to be blasted.

Maybe Monk should get ready to work on his down field blocking while learning not to hold.

They need more good down field blockers in the NFL.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

elkhog

Quote from: glidsy on January 17, 2007, 04:04:38 pm
Bottom line is that if Monk and Hillis are standing up for the program they should, they are staying and have to deal with this mess, come on give me a break.  You think they would do anything foolish to jeapordize what has already started, no way.  I think they are doing what they have to do, they came to play for Nutt, not Gus and that is true so people get over it with them, they don't want to see Nutt go.  Even tho I do and most people here do, remember they came to play for him not Gus or FB...

Your exactly right.  I can understand them sticking up for Nutt.  Doesn't mean I'm going to do it.  Now if Nutt had welcomed the freshmen, the whole team would have welcomed the freshmen and we would have had a real "team" up on the hill, not two CAMPS!  Jealousy, by ANYONE, fans included is a very ugly thing.
GO HOGS!!!

hog caller

please someone let us know what Monk had to say. thanks in advance.

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on January 17, 2007, 04:21:08 pm
Quote from: donewithdale on January 17, 2007, 01:44:12 pmFrank and Dale are firing back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hate they are bring Marcus into their crap.

the only problem with all of the stuff that's going on is it's left to our imaginations as to what's going on behind closed doors.  I'm as disappointed as the next person in the recent defections but the fact is that none of us know the facts.  we have speculation and our own opinions and that's all.  did nutt and malzahn not get along?  did nutt bring in the springdale group to save his own ass?  and as soon as his job was safe, did he drop his loyalty to them?  did malzahn have a significant role in the play calling this season?  did nutt bench mustain because of the comments made in the book?  or was he going with the old stance that a player can't lose his job because of an injury (dick's injury in the summer).  were the springdale recruits told that we were going to imploy the HUNH this year?  was david lee going to be hired to help malzahn progress as a college coach?

there's a million other questions that have gone through my head over the course of this season.  there are a few guys on here who's info I respect and accept it as fact, but the problem is that there's SO MUCH information on here that it's hard to seperate the junk from the facts.  I think that a big part of this whole process is that some people have made this into a new (malzahn and the springdale kids) vs. old (nutt and his staff) and that might not even be the case.

maybe monk is tired of hearing about all of the crap that's been thrown and just wants to give us a glimpse of how things are inside of the razorback program from a players perspective.  instead of all of us outside of the program trying to speculate on what's on, maybe he'll throw us a bone
I see your point, but where do you work? My employer has about 500 people, and no one knows what goes on behind closed doors. That's why they close the doors. No good business spreads its dirty laundry all over the place. Nor should it. Do you want Nutt to come out on Sunday and go over every fight he had with coaches and players that week? We shouldn't want that, its counter productive. I'm not saying we shouldn't expect a level of integrity, I'm saying let's not expect this program to live up to something that not one of our employers does.

HOGBLOODED

January 17, 2007, 04:36:59 pm #359 Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 04:38:36 pm by HOGBLOODED
Quote from: Puerco Diablo on January 17, 2007, 04:15:48 pm
Quote from: Hawgon on January 17, 2007, 04:07:35 pm
Bottom line is that if Monk and Hillis are standing up for the program they should, they are staying and have to deal with this mess, come on give me a break.  You think they would do anything foolish to jeapordize what has already started, no way.  I think they are doing what they have to do, they came to play for Nutt, not Gus and that is true so people get over it with them, they don't want to see Nutt go.  Even tho I do and most people here do, remember they came to play for him not Gus or FB...

Well ****em.  They can go to as far as I am concerned.  I am done with HDN and anybody who supports him.  If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

NO! Absolutely not cool to blast the players for wanting to defend their coach.  If you have ever laced the boots up and gone to battle for a team and a coach, you would know that it is natural to want to defend them from outside attacks.

That being said, I think they should stay out of this one.  

+1 you didnt hear, they changed the rule to you can bash players,UNLESS they're from Springdale.

Quote from: Vito Porkleone on January 17, 2007, 04:24:33 pm
Quote from: glidsy on January 17, 2007, 04:21:05 pm
What kind of jackass parent goes to the AD and whines about the offense? And a Mom at that!!! That is some of the weakest sh*t I've ever heard in regards to college football...disgraceful. They should be ashamed of themselves.

What kind of lesson have they taught their kids? That if things don't go exactly how you want then you whine and quit?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? What about commitment to your team and teammates? What about showing some backbone and being strong when things might not go your way?

Thank God all those losers don't wear Crimson. Can you imagine if those loser parents took that act into Saint Nick's office? Ha.

This was posted on a bama site...a lot of truth to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

They wouldn't have had to go to Nick with something like that.  Nick's a real coach who can evaluate, motivate, and develop talent.  It's all about winning with Nick.
Yep, Nick is all about integrity. And that's all we want from our coach.

clemensrules01

Quote from: BassinHawg on January 17, 2007, 04:33:41 pm
OK, I'm ready to be blasted.

Maybe Monk should get ready to work on his down field blocking while learning not to hold.

They need more good down field blockers in the NFL.
maybe damian will learn how to catch the ball and mitch will be able to hit the side of a barn by their senior seasons.

clemensrules01

Quote from: HOGBLOODED on January 17, 2007, 04:36:59 pm
Quote from: Puerco Diablo on January 17, 2007, 04:15:48 pm
Bottom line is that if Monk and Hillis are standing up for the program they should, they are staying and have to deal with this mess, come on give me a break.  You think they would do anything foolish to jeapordize what has already started, no way.  I think they are doing what they have to do, they came to play for Nutt, not Gus and that is true so people get over it with them, they don't want to see Nutt go.  Even tho I do and most people here do, remember they came to play for him not Gus or FB...

Well ****em.  They can go to as far as I am concerned.  I am done with HDN and anybody who supports him.  If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

NO! Absolutely not cool to blast the players for wanting to defend their coach.  If you have ever laced the boots up and gone to battle for a team and a coach, you would know that it is natural to want to defend them from outside attacks.

That being said, I think they should stay out of this one.  

+1 you didnt hear, they changed the rule to you can bash players,UNLESS they're from Springdale.
i love the truth.

Anon2

Don't remember any of that group coming out in support of Mitch when the e-mail to him became public.

Cresthog

Quote from: Cosby on January 17, 2007, 04:31:06 pm
Quote from: hogstuff on January 17, 2007, 04:29:39 pm

Again,

What have you ever won?

After the SEC championship game, I made a comment about one of the player, and many on this board jumped all over me, and rightfully so.  I should have not have said what I did.  But for some of you to say what you are saying is almost unbelievable.

agreed, this whole thread is unbelievable.

I stated that Monk called a presser to discus the state of the program. What I posted is true, it has been confirmed on many other sites. The mods obviously know that it is true or they would have pulled this thread. Now, I cannot prove anything to you but I can tell you there was a press conference. Monk did say that he told the team that changes could occur but as long as they have each other everything would be ok. Marcus Harrison also spoke. You choose not to believe whatever but when the 5 o'clock news comes on just remember to eat your crow.

Vito Porkleone

Quote from: Karma on January 17, 2007, 04:37:02 pm
Quote from: Vito Porkleone on January 17, 2007, 04:24:33 pm
Quote from: glidsy on January 17, 2007, 04:21:05 pm
What kind of jackass parent goes to the AD and whines about the offense? And a Mom at that!!! That is some of the weakest sh*t I've ever heard in regards to college football...disgraceful. They should be ashamed of themselves.

What kind of lesson have they taught their kids? That if things don't go exactly how you want then you whine and quit?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? What about commitment to your team and teammates? What about showing some backbone and being strong when things might not go your way?

Thank God all those losers don't wear Crimson. Can you imagine if those loser parents took that act into Saint Nick's office? Ha.

This was posted on a bama site...a lot of truth to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

They wouldn't have had to go to Nick with something like that.  Nick's a real coach who can evaluate, motivate, and develop talent.  It's all about winning with Nick.
Yep, Nick is all about integrity. And that's all we want from our coach.

That has nothing to do with what I wrote.  However, I'd still trust Saban 10x more than Hoosten.
Phil Mickelson is the new Nuke LaLouche - million dollar swing; ten cent head...

Cresthog

Quote from: hog caller on January 17, 2007, 04:35:32 pm
please someone let us know what Monk had to say. thanks in advance.

That the team is united. He spoke with the team and stated that changes could occur but as long as they have each other everything will be fine. Salters, Cleveland, Crawford and, Wade and some others told him they have no intentions on leaving. Harrison also spoke and made it clear that the team is united on all fronts. They do not care to know what is going on behind the scenes and neither do they know what is going on behind closed doors.

Not much else. Exactly what I expected to hear.

SwineSpectator

If Monk could have told us what was really happening it would be the opening story on Sportscenter. Of course he gave a "ra, ra" story and then through Gus under the Bus saying Wildcat had always been around.

These kids have no option other than to do what they did. Their a$$ depends on their coaches.

Most of you hypocrites who state that all you want is honesty and integrity don't care one bit if these players graduate or what becomes of their lives. Once they take off the uniform they are on their own.

Hawgz4Life

Did I just hear Marcus Elliot say that McFadden put his two cents worth in too? ME says that McFadden conveyed that they were working on the wildcat before Gus even got there...wished him well, but thinks they will be just fine without him. Damn.

softballguy8

Bottom line is that if Monk and Hillis are standing up for the program they should, they are staying and have to deal with this mess, come on give me a break.  You think they would do anything foolish to jeapordize what has already started, no way.  I think they are doing what they have to do, they came to play for Nutt, not Gus and that is true so people get over it with them, they don't want to see Nutt go.  Even tho I do and most people here do, remember they came to play for him not Gus or FB...

Look in the mirror when you say that.
Coach Petrino ... Welcome to Arkansas!

Fletch

Quote from: SwineSpectator on January 17, 2007, 04:44:39 pm
If Monk could have told us what was really happening it would be the opening story on Sportscenter. Of course he gave a "ra, ra" story and then through Gus under the Bus saying Wildcat had always been around.

These kids have no option other than to do what they did. Their a$$ depends on their coaches.
So now Monk is a liar?
I feel like $100

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: Anon2 on January 17, 2007, 04:40:09 pm
Don't remember any of that group coming out in support of Mitch when the e-mail to him became public.
No, he just got badmouthed to his face by Butu.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

SiriusHog™

I've just decided what this all reminds me of... if any of you have ever watched much of the old "Three Stooges" stuff, there are numerous times that the stooges are in a scary situation and need to go check something out to see if there is a 'ghost' or a 'monster' over in that corner... well Moe always acts all tough but then gets behind Curly or Larry and says "dont be afraid, go ahead I'll be right behind ya"... and pushes them over towards the 'scary' thing... well... HDN = Moe..

JAMAHog

Quote from: SwineSpectator on January 17, 2007, 04:44:39 pm

Yes they did, they had the option not to say anything at all.  They stated their opinions, you just don't like that it wasn't what you wanted to hear.  Too bad.  Go Hogs!

hview

An open forum from the HC addressing issues immediately when they occur would eliminate many areas of concern and quelch the rumor mill before they have time to escalate.

SwineSpectator

Quote from: Anon2 on January 17, 2007, 04:40:09 pm
GREAT DAMN POINT

Hawgon

It is hilarious how some of you consider the players off limits for criticism.  Sometimes players and whole teams of players are the problem.  

Most of the alleged conflict between the Springdale players and the seniors.  Well, darn, look at who those seniors are.  Those are seniors used to HDN and his half-assed ways.  Those are seniors who bitched about how hard Malzahns practices were.  Those are seniors who had had back-to-back losing seasons and had never won a damn thing.  Those are guys used to HDN way of doing things and assume that because they are upperclassmen, they have somehow "earned" something that someone else hasn't.  Those are guys who have bought into their loser of a coach.

I'll take a bunch of freshmen who have never done anything than win anyday, over a bunch of seniors who have never done anything but lose and think that the coach who taught them to do it is alright.

They had their chance to be winners this year, but like their coach, they just couldn't reach out and take the brass ring.  These are guys who would rather get mad over something that a guy said over a year ago when he wasn't on the team, have big screaming and hollering team meetings about it, call out other players about it, than just buckle up the damn chin strap and win the last few games.

I'm sorry, but they are losers on the football field until they manage to at least have a winning record against teams with winning records and their coach is setting them up to be losers in life if they buy into his darn.

Fletch

Quote from: Hawgon on January 17, 2007, 05:00:14 pm
It is hilarious how some of you consider the players off limits for criticism.  Sometimes players and whole teams of players are the problem.  

Most of the alleged conflict between the Springdale players and the seniors.  Well, crap, look at who those seniors are.  Those are seniors used to HDN and his half-assed ways.  Those are seniors who ***ed about how hard Malzahns practices were.  Those are seniors who had had back-to-back losing seasons and had never won a damn thing.  Those are guys used to HDN way of doing things and assume that because they are upperclassmen, they have somehow "earned" something that someone else hasn't.  Those are guys who have bought into their loser of a coach.

I'll take a bunch of freshmen who have never done anything than win anyday, over a bunch of seniors who have never done anything but lose and think that the coach who taught them to do it is alright.

They had their chance to be winners this year, but like their coach, they just couldn't reach out and take the brass ring.  These are guys who would rather get mad over something that a guy said over a year ago when he wasn't on the team, have big screaming and hollering team meetings about it, call out other players about it, than just buckle up the damn chin strap and win the last few games.

I'm sorry, but they are losers on the football field until they manage to at least have a winning record against teams with winning records and their coach is setting them up to be losers in life if they buy into his crap.
You're an idiot.
I feel like $100

snag

****em.  Players should not comment on things like that unless they want to get right in the middle of it.  ****em.  None of them on this team have ever won a damn thing.  They had a chance this year and choked.  What do they know honestly?  All they know is piece of crap coach and losing.  I am dead serious.  

You are a sad, pathetic man who has lost all perspective on life.

elkhog

Quote from: Karma on January 17, 2007, 04:47:09 pm
Most of you hypocrites who state that all you want is honesty and integrity don't care one bit if these players graduate or what becomes of their lives. Once they take off the uniform they are on their own.

Your wrong.  Not calling myself a hypocrite by responding, but I hope they all graduate and I would love to watch Mcfadden, Jones and Monk play on Sundays.  Just like Matt Jones.  I just hope its for a team that gets televised around here.  Frank leaving isn't going to affect this team next year at all.  If anything it may improve their chances.  Maybe.  If a new head coach is brought in soon enough before signing day who is worth anything, they will still be fine IMO.
GO HOGS!!!

philobeddoe

Most of the alleged conflict between the Springdale players and the seniors.  Well, crap, look at who those seniors are.  Those are seniors used to HDN and his half-assed ways.  Those are seniors who ***ed about how hard Malzahns practices were.  Those are seniors who had had back-to-back losing seasons and had never won a damn thing.  Those are guys used to HDN way of doing things and assume that because they are upperclassmen, they have somehow "earned" something that someone else hasn't.  Those are guys who have bought into their loser of a coach.

I'm sorry, but they are losers on the football field until they manage to at least have a winning record against teams with winning records and their coach is setting them up to be losers in life if they buy into his crap.

Alright, now that was uncalled for.  If players are not off limits, then don't complain when someone says anything bad about any of the "Springdale 5"  Calling the current Razorbacks players is just WRONG.

JAMAHog

Somebody is a little out of sorts........

LAGNAF

It is hilarious how some of you consider the players off limits for criticism.  Sometimes players and whole teams of players are the problem. 

Most of the alleged conflict between the Springdale players and the seniors.  Well, crap, look at who those seniors are.  Those are seniors used to HDN and his half-assed ways.  Those are seniors who ***ed about how hard Malzahns practices were.  Those are seniors who had had back-to-back losing seasons and had never won a damn thing.  Those are guys used to HDN way of doing things and assume that because they are upperclassmen, they have somehow "earned" something that someone else hasn't.  Those are guys who have bought into their loser of a coach.

They had their chance to be winners this year, but like their coach, they just couldn't reach out and take the brass ring.  These are guys who would rather get mad over something that a guy said over a year ago when he wasn't on the team, have big screaming and hollering team meetings about it, call out other players about it, than just buckle up the damn chin strap and win the last few games.

So does allowing this type of behavior to continue mean the board does have an agenda? Sure seems to go against what I've seen preached.

Cosby

Quote from: Cresthog on January 17, 2007, 04:40:09 pm
Quote from: Cosby on January 17, 2007, 04:31:06 pm
Quote from: hogstuff on January 17, 2007, 04:29:39 pm

Again,

What have you ever won?

After the SEC championship game, I made a comment about one of the player, and many on this board jumped all over me, and rightfully so.  I should have not have said what I did.  But for some of you to say what you are saying is almost unbelievable.

agreed, this whole thread is unbelievable.

I stated that Monk called a presser to discus the state of the program. What I posted is true, it has been confirmed on many other sites. The mods obviously know that it is true or they would have pulled this thread. Now, I cannot prove anything to you but I can tell you there was a press conference. Monk did say that he told the team that changes could occur but as long as they have each other everything would be ok. Marcus Harrison also spoke. You choose not to believe whatever but when the 5 o'clock news comes on just remember to eat your crow.

just to clear it up cresthog i wasn't really saying that i didn't believe that there was a press conference. i was saying how people have been talking about the said players is unbelievable. sorry about that, i wasnt very clear.

JBucc

It is hilarious how some of you consider the players off limits for criticism.  
I was under the impresson it was policy of this board not to bash players Sprindale or otherwise. Seeing as you're still here I guess I was wrong.
Read the guidelines for signature images.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Fletch on January 17, 2007, 05:02:02 pm
It is hilarious how some of you consider the players off limits for criticism.  Sometimes players and whole teams of players are the problem. 

Most of the alleged conflict between the Springdale players and the seniors.  Well, crap, look at who those seniors are.  Those are seniors used to HDN and his half-assed ways.  Those are seniors who ***ed about how hard Malzahns practices were.  Those are seniors who had had back-to-back losing seasons and had never won a damn thing.  Those are guys used to HDN way of doing things and assume that because they are upperclassmen, they have somehow "earned" something that someone else hasn't.  Those are guys who have bought into their loser of a coach.

They had their chance to be winners this year, but like their coach, they just couldn't reach out and take the brass ring.  These are guys who would rather get mad over something that a guy said over a year ago when he wasn't on the team, have big screaming and hollering team meetings about it, call out other players about it, than just buckle up the damn chin strap and win the last few games.

You're an idiot.

Your right, there is alot on MM that could be posted and isn't.  This is one of the main reason that were losing Lee Z.  It's all on the message boards and media.  Leave the kids out of it.

WestMemphisHogFan

Again, I disagree completely.  I am thankful for the hog players on the roster RIGHT NOW.  They are winners in my book, and I am proud of them. I look forward to being able to root them on this fall. 

Dont get Caseyd

QuoteD-Mac said they worked on the Wildcat before Gus got here and while he wishes him well - they will be fine

BFS...I forgot that's why we've showcased that formation for the past 9 years. And why we've won more games this year than the past two combined.
I\'ll hang up and listen

jm

I hope I get booted.
You are an idiot!
I suppose all of the guys in Iraq are loosers they havn't met the presidents objectives.
You're just a [CENSORED] idiot!

elkhog

Did I miss this press conference?  I watched the 5 pm news on 5 and saw nothing.  Missed the first 5 min though.  Now I have it on KNWA and still nothing.  Anybody else see it?
GO HOGS!!!

allyoucaneatbuffet

January 18, 2007, 02:25:39 pm #391 Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 09:36:18 am by allyoucaneatbuffet
This is the 8th most viewed Hogville post ever

and most all of the views occurred over a span of 3-4 hours yesterday Wednesday afternoon.  Just shows you how volatile everything is, and what a crazy week it has been for this board