Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monk calls press conference for 3pm

Started by Cresthog, January 17, 2007, 01:42:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phoggy

Quote from: drakehog on January 17, 2007, 02:01:23 pm
Quote from: Oliver Miller on January 17, 2007, 01:44:13 pm
The detective?

Yes, they've called in Tony Shahloub for the press conference. Should be hilarious. ;D

lol...Monk up there with Monk
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

Quote from: samske on January 17, 2007, 02:24:41 pm
Quote from: RBLtoHOG on January 17, 2007, 02:09:25 pm
For those of you saying "I hope they leave" .... are you fricken serious??

As I recall wasn't there something bout Monk getting into it with Mustain couple of months ago? I bet he is coming out to say that he feels the team is going to do just fine and for people not to give up on them. Think how he must feel with all this "the program is coming to an end" talk because of 3 people (2 of which didnt even make a big impact last year) leaving. I would much rather lose Mitch AND DW the lose a Monk and Hillis. Dick is more then capable of getting the ball to Monk at least once a game and thats not anything less then what Mitch would be doing

He couldn't catch Mitch's balls...too much zip.  That was in the papers early in the year.
Yep. The zipped about 4 feet over his head. Same with Casey Dick though.

elkhog

Quote from: frankwilliams on January 17, 2007, 02:11:18 pm
Wow. You people are unbelievable. Monk WANTED TO DO THIS. I guess it was HDN's idea for the team to call Mitch out to apologize to HDN? You just don't get it. We are talking about a SMALL percentage of unhappy players. The rest are standing behind their coach and the program. I guess you will bash Monk and the others for being "Spin Doctors" or being put up to it by Nutt. I told you guys yesterday that the players were not crying over the moves.

Well now that bad pass in the SC game by Mustain and subsequent benching is making sense to me.  I seem to remember some discussion about wrong routes and ALL the blame getting put on Mustain.
GO HOGS!!!

Quote from: ToddW on January 17, 2007, 02:26:04 pm
I hope it is to say that they are leaving.  if monk becomes the nutts lapdog then I have lost all respect for the players
You lose respect for a player that is loyal to his coach? How is that any different than the Springdale guys following Malzahn? Maybe we should admire their loyalty, even if we think its misplaced.

BumpieJohnson

U guy always see the bad in things maybe he is being a leader and stepping up to the plateand say we are going to be all right

LSUFan

Quote from: BumpieJohnson on January 17, 2007, 02:29:13 pm
U guy always see the bad in things maybe he is being a leader and stepping up to the plateand say we are going to be all right
And that is a player's responsibility?

raiseherback

Marshall came back from nothing.  hmmmmm.  fire the whole darned bunch...starting with Broyles.
I am easily satisfied with the very best! 
- Winston Churchill

MrsPiggy

Quote from: dirthog on January 17, 2007, 02:25:51 pm
if this a rallying of the troops why isnt the number one son mcfadden doing it.  Ive always liked marcus but if houston put marcus up to this he has sank to a new low.

what's monk supposed to do?  say no to nutt?  nutt's still his coach. monk is a year ahead of mcfadden and nutt prefers upperclassmen as we well know

Quote from: Hawgon on January 17, 2007, 02:26:18 pm
Frankly, I am done with anyone who supports Nutt.  I don't care if it is a player.  I am done with them.  If the players aren't smart enough to see that their coach is a lying piece of crap and that this whole thing is about more than winning and losing and whatever else, then I am done with them.  This whole deal is about integrity and Nutt has none.
Then you are done with virtually every player that runs through the A next season. They all can leave if they want, but the vast majority will chose to stay. I want Nutt gone, but you folks that want to completely dismantle the program to see it done are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

RazorRaider

Quote from: BumpieJohnson on January 17, 2007, 02:29:13 pm

Maybe that is because there are some bad things going on. And honestly if this is going to be a "Everything is fine let's all get behind Coach Nutt" session then more than likely Nutt put him up to it. Because he would be too cowardly to do this himself.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

Hoot72

Hey Guys, we are wanting HDN and JFB gone so badly, that everything that happens becomes an opportunity for us to hope that it will happen.  There is a press conference, it has been on the Rivals board, and Marcus Monk called it to talk about the "state of the program".  If you really believe that Monk/Hillis are going to say anything bad about the program, you've been drinking too much, already, today.  They will come out and say that the players that are left really want to be here, and they support the coach, and the assistants that are still here.  It will be all sweet and gooey, which is exactly what the BAC wants.  I hope they mean it, and I hope that David Lee will develop an offense that will survive and flourish after #5 and #25 are gone.  I have heard through the grapevine, that some of the players felt like GM played favorites with the Springdale kids -- and it would not surprise me, I would have if I had been him.  But, I think it is time that we face the facts that Houston will survive this mess, and feel like he is stronger because of it.  After one year, Gus and Mitch just did not possess the stroke to change anything.  The best thing that we can do now, is hope that the Hogs have a good year, that Gus really does well at Tulsa, Damien does well at USC, and Mitch does great wherever he might go.

Nashville Fan

January 17, 2007, 02:31:33 pm #161 Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 02:35:44 pm by Nashville Fan
Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on January 17, 2007, 02:23:20 pm
Junior high ish     I LOVE IT

Will you ask her if she likes me? 
If she does tell her I kinda like her too.
If not tell her good b/c I don't like her either.

Know what would be really sad, is that Monk and Hillis come out and say, "all is well" and then someone else asks to be released just after.
Wait a minute I thought "only players who wanted to be there" where there after DW left.

I smell another no win situation for HDN and he stepped right into to it. This time he is getting his players to say it instead of him. Truely sad and a low point. Nothing good will come of this.

Pittman or Bust!

Nutts and Bolts

As I recall wasn't there something bout Monk getting into it with Mustain couple of months ago? I bet he is coming out to say that he feels the team is going to do just fine and for people not to give up on them. Think how he must feel with all this "the program is coming to an end" talk because of 3 people (2 of which didnt even make a big impact last year) leaving. I would much rather lose Mitch AND DW the lose a Monk and Hillis. Dick is more then capable of getting the ball to Monk at least once a game and thats not anything less then what Mitch would be doing

The people that are saying that they want them to go pro are just making a statement..  All they are wanting is for there to be so much turmoil that HDN and Frank resign... I can see their point.
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: jhawg on January 17, 2007, 02:27:54 pm
Quote from: arkybuc on January 17, 2007, 01:56:26 pm
Why don't we all wait and see what he has to say before freaking out and bashing Monk? What has this place came to?

because he is not from Springdale.

Its not about where they are from, if you really believe that then you aren't very intelligent
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

samske

Quote from: Karma on January 17, 2007, 02:28:03 pm

He couldn't catch Mitch's balls...too much zip.  That was in the papers early in the year.

No that was in the middle of the season...not early before Mitch's arm wore out.  Even my dad called me from Pennsylvania to ask who the primary receiver was because Monk couldn't catch a cold.  I found that funny at the time.

cmakrzrbak

Quote from: raiseherback on January 17, 2007, 02:30:37 pm
Marshall came back from nothing.  hmmmmm.  fire the whole darned bunch...starting with Broyles.

That's Marcus to you.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

gduchar

Why don't we all wait and see what he has to say before freaking out and bashing Monk? What has this place came to?

yeah...give the kid a chance to make his statement...

Tony Clifton

Players calling a press conference is no worse than having your grandma call in to a TV station and complain about the program.

mykidsdad

You are right. He never dropped at least one ball a game (for instance in the bowl or the one in the endzone). Every ball that he did not catch or whed he did not run the right route (which happened several times and caused INTs) were someone else's fault. I guess that he is just going to start emulating his coach.

Quote from: MrsPiggy on January 17, 2007, 02:30:48 pm
if this a rallying of the troops why isnt the number one son mcfadden doing it.  Ive always liked marcus but if houston put marcus up to this he has sank to a new low.

what's monk supposed to do?  say no to nutt?  nutt's still his coach. monk is a year ahead of mcfadden and nutt prefers upperclassmen as we well know
You are assuming:
1) there even is a press conference
2) that Nutt forced Monk to participate, and
3) that Monk doesn't agree with everything Nutt has done.

PulledPork

Quote from: samske on January 17, 2007, 02:26:36 pm
Quote from: Hogvious on January 17, 2007, 02:19:31 pm
I firmly believe this is not a Monk and Hillis are leaving thing.  I think it will be a "the players support Coach" meeting.  I just hope it is all for naught if it is.

If I were a betting man, I would bet they'll talk about how excited they are about the new Offensive Coordinator.  Standard/stock stuff for a new hire.  Get a few quotes out there from the Head Coach and key players for the papers.
did they do a presser last year when Gus was hired?  I don't remember one....

Pulled out...

Hawgon

Quote from: Karma on January 17, 2007, 02:30:57 pm
Frankly, I am done with anyone who supports Nutt.  I don't care if it is a player.  I am done with them.  If the players aren't smart enough to see that their coach is a lying piece of crap and that this whole thing is about more than winning and losing and whatever else, then I am done with them.  This whole deal is about integrity and Nutt has none.
Then you are done with virtually every player that runs through the A next season. They all can leave if they want, but the vast majority will chose to stay. I want Nutt gone, but you folks that want to completely dismantle the program to see it done are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

[CENSORED] A I want it dismantled.  It is a program built on lies by liars who are worthless human beings.  Burn it down.  Burn it to the [CENSORED] ground.

d1nonlyhogfan

They zipped right into his hands the whole Capital One BG. Of course, they all blamed that on him having a chest cold or the flu or something.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

NATEHOGG216

And will continue to do so.  I will cut off my nose a hundred times if it helps cut off the head of the serpent
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Quote from: samske on January 17, 2007, 02:32:26 pm

No that was in the middle of the season...not early before Mitch's arm wore out.  Even my dad called me from Pennsylvania to ask who the primary receiver was because Monk couldn't catch a cold.  I found that funny at the time.
Mitch's arm wore out now? How, he supposedly wasn't getting any reps in practice.

samske

Quote from: Hoot72 on January 17, 2007, 02:31:18 pm
Hey Guys, we are wanting HDN and JFB gone so badly, that everything that happens becomes an opportunity for us to hope that it will happen.  There is a press conference, it has been on the Rivals board, and Marcus Monk called it to talk about the "state of the program".  If you really believe that Monk/Hillis are going to say anything bad about the program, you've been drinking too much, already, today.  They will come out and say that the players that are left really want to be here, and they support the coach, and the assistants that are still here.  It will be all sweet and gooey, which is exactly what the BAC wants.  I hope they mean it, and I hope that David Lee will develop an offense that will survive and flourish after #5 and #25 are gone.  I have heard through the grapevine, that some of the players felt like GM played favorites with the Springdale kids -- and it would not surprise me, I would have if I had been him.  But, I think it is time that we face the facts that Houston will survive this mess, and feel like he is stronger because of it.  After one year, Gus and Mitch just did not possess the stroke to change anything.  The best thing that we can do now, is hope that the Hogs have a good year, that Gus really does well at Tulsa, Damien does well at USC, and Mitch does great wherever he might go.

I hope you're right...there's no need for those "that want to play for Arkansas" to get caught up in this.  It is history now, nothing will change it. 

Man, I really hope he says "we're sad but we'll survive and move on".  Otherwise, he'll be the same target as everone else.

hogstuff

If Marcus Monk or any other players wants to come and show support to his team and coaches, then more power to him.  It sounds like the team is as sick of the drama as I am.  Bashing him makes no sense and shows that you are more concerned about Mitch and Gus than the program.  

If the players on the team are happy with where things are, that is good news.  It means we can move on.

I have no problem if you want to bash Nutt, but please support the players.

RazorRaider

Quote from: PulledPork on January 17, 2007, 02:33:32 pm
I firmly believe this is not a Monk and Hillis are leaving thing.  I think it will be a "the players support Coach" meeting.  I just hope it is all for naught if it is.

If I were a betting man, I would bet they'll talk about how excited they are about the new Offensive Coordinator.  Standard/stock stuff for a new hire.  Get a few quotes out there from the Head Coach and key players for the papers.

Pulled out...

I don't remember any of the players having a presser about Gus when he was hired.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

BumpieJohnson

Sho u right i could not have said it better myself

Hawgon

Quote from: Tony Clifton on January 17, 2007, 02:33:01 pm
Players calling a press conference is no worse than having your grandma call in to a TV station and complain about the program.

First of all MM didn't have his grandma call.  But even if he did, he is an 18 year old kid.  Nuttsack is a 49 year old two year old.  I hate that man.

PulledPork

Quote from: Karma on January 17, 2007, 02:35:24 pm

Mitch's arm wore out now? How, he supposedly wasn't getting any reps in practice.
Teresa, should you be rubbing Danny's balls about now?

Pulled out....

OKhogfan1959

Monk will talk about how great Nuttster is and then he'll talk bad about Gus and Mitch..It's the same thing Sam O did when he confronted Mitch..It's the mafia and Monk will be part of the Mafia starting today..I hope Mitch, Ben and Damian call a press conference to tell the truth?

PulledPork

Quote from: RazorRaider on January 17, 2007, 02:35:54 pm
Quote from: PulledPork on January 17, 2007, 02:33:32 pm

Pulled out...

I don't remember any of the players having a presser about Gus when he was hired.
well they should have......that's "standard procedure"

Pulled out....

Table Rocker

Quote from: PulledPork on January 17, 2007, 02:36:31 pm

Pulled out....

LMAO

Quote from: Hawgon on January 17, 2007, 02:34:16 pm

****ing A I want it dismantled.  It is a program built on lies by liars who are worthless human beings.  Burn it down.  Burn it to the ****ing ground.
Then be done with it. You are not a fan. Move on.

jmchog

****ing A I want it dismantled.  It is a program built on lies by liars who are worthless human beings.  Burn it down.  Burn it to the ****ing ground.

Wow!

LSUFan

Pulled out....

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SNAP!

StoernerJonesFan

Has there been a link posted to confirm there is even a PC?  
I didnt see it on rivals like suggested earlier, so if someone would please be so kind...
With everything that has been going on lately, confirmation is top priority to these (until proven otherwise) baseless rumors.

fourthcrusade

Quote from: Bogarto on January 17, 2007, 02:34:19 pm
The only thing that would complete this day would be Nolan and his tanks rolling up 240.

You mean the beltway around Memphis, or Oklahoma City?

;) j/k, but it's 540

Mister_BS

Quote from: Hoot72 on January 17, 2007, 02:31:18 pm
mostly, what you say is dead on. just the way it is, and the way it will go down, i believe

samske

Yep, in the papers by both Gus and Houston.  Said that because Mitch wasn't at Spring Practice and had to be thrust into the starting qb job he was practicing so much "to get things down" that his arm was virtually worn out.  I think they cited this around the Alabama game.  I seem to recall it being after.

Table Rocker

Quote from: Karma on January 17, 2007, 02:37:45 pm

****ing A I want it dismantled.  It is a program built on lies by liars who are worthless human beings.  Burn it down.  Burn it to the ****ing ground.
Then be done with it. You are not a fan. Move on.

i'm a fan and i feel the same way. maybe you're not a fan because you accept mediocrity??????

Tony Clifton

Quote from: Hawgon on January 17, 2007, 02:36:11 pm

First of all MM didn't have his grandma call.  But even if he did, he is an 18 year old kid.  Nuttsack is a 49 year old two year old.  I hate that man.
Whose to say that Nutt is making them have the press confernece.  That's speculation.  So what if he didn't have is grandma call.  She still called and made him look ridiculous.  Thank the Lord it wasn't a released statement.  You think we were a laughing stock before.

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on January 17, 2007, 02:35:13 pm

And will continue to do so.  I will cut off my nose a hundred times if it helps cut off the head of the serpent
You have 100 noses?

go hogues

Quote from: Bogarto on January 17, 2007, 02:34:19 pm
The only thing that would complete this day would be Nolan and his tanks rolling up 240.
Priceless!  You're my hero.  LOL!
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Hogpuddin

Quote from: Oliver Miller on January 17, 2007, 01:44:13 pm
The detective?

Freakin' hilarious!!!!

I think that Monk would have solved this case 9 years ago.

hogstuff

Why is it that only the Springdale crew tell the truth?  Monk is getting called out. Sam O is getting called out.  All because they don't agree with your opinion on the Springdale crew.

For the record, I am and will continue to be a fan of Gus.

MrsPiggy

Quote from: Karma on January 17, 2007, 02:33:27 pm
Quote from: MrsPiggy on January 17, 2007, 02:30:48 pm

You are assuming:
1) there even is a press conference
2) that Nutt forced Monk to participate, and
3) that Monk doesn't agree with everything Nutt has done.

i don't know if there's a press conf or not.  i kind of doubt it but who knows.  i find it mighty weird that a player would call a conf to say everything's ok and no one should worry.  i can't think of any instance when that happend

what i was trying to point out is that people were saying they would think less of monk if he did and my point is that nutt is still monk's head coach and monk is going to listen to him and do what he asks him to do.  for all we know, nutt asked for volunteers and monk raised him hand. no need to think less of monk IF it is a "kumbaya" moment

ProfusionalHog

Quote from: LSUFan on January 17, 2007, 02:37:58 pm

Pulled out....

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SNAP!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

GolfHawg

OMG your stupid!