Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monk calls press conference for 3pm

Started by Cresthog, January 17, 2007, 01:42:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elkhog

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on January 17, 2007, 01:54:50 pm
What the H does all this mean? I've puked until I can't puke any more.

It means "circling the wagons".  Pulling out all stops.  Please help me save my job.
GO HOGS!!!

LZH

Just because he / they missed the deadline for the draft doesn't mean they can't play pro ball as undrafted free agents, does it?

abraHAM_lincoln

Monk is probably going to request a move to QB.  In a David Lee/HDN offense, it might be his only chance to touch the ball.

plus1

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on January 17, 2007, 01:43:52 pm
That is pathetic to send a player out to face these problems...Nutt is scum.

Do you know that Monk didn't do this on his own?  Looks like senior leadership to me....

Holy City Hog

Quote from: HogHillbilly on January 17, 2007, 02:08:21 pm
Quote from: Rookie on January 17, 2007, 02:04:08 pm
SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT INFO

By Gil Brandt
NFL.com Senior Analyst

(June 22, 2006) -- For those of you experiencing a little post-NFL draft withdrawal, there's good news: The 2006 Supplemental Draft is just around the corner. This years' supplemental draft is tentatively scheduled for July 13. Rules of the supplemental draft stipulate that it has to take place at least 10 days prior to opening of the first training camp.

Draft order is determined by a weighted system that is divided into three groupings. First come the teams that had six or fewer wins last season, followed by non-playoff teams that had more than six wins, followed by the 12 playoff teams.

The first time the supplemental draft came into play was in 1977, when Al Hunter, a running back from Notre Dame, was selected in the fourth round by the Seattle Seahawks.

Of course, in order for a team to select someone, it must have that choice available in the following year's regular draft -- and that's the pick it will give up to make the supplemental pick.

Some of the names you might recall who have been selected in supplemental drafts through the years include linebacker Brian Bosworth, a first-round pick of the Seahawks in 1987; Washington State QB Timm Rosenbach, taken by the Cardinals in 1989; Miami QB Steve Walsh, also taken in 1989 by the Dallas Cowboys; and Duke QB Dave Brown, who was selected by the Giants in 1992.

Thankyou..................I knew I read it somewhere..............Monk and Hillis CAN STILL GO PRO

YES all it means is IF THEY WANT TO ENTER NFL they are not participants in the formal draft process, any team can select them, it's just more risk & less reward for entrants

Oliver

Quote from: RBLtoHOG on January 17, 2007, 02:09:25 pm
For those of you saying "I hope they leave" .... are you fricken serious??

As I recall wasn't there something bout Monk getting into it with Mustain couple of months ago? I bet he is coming out to say that he feels the team is going to do just fine and for people not to give up on them. Think how he must feel with all this "the program is coming to an end" talk because of 3 people (2 of which didnt even make a big impact last year) leaving. I would much rather lose Mitch AND DW the lose a Monk and Hillis. Dick is more then capable of getting the ball to Monk at least once a game and thats not anything less then what Mitch would be doing

Damian Williams was our second leading receiver on the team and Mitch was arguably our best QB.  How can you justify that they didn't have a big impact on the team?

Boner

This presser is going to be a 180 from what most want.

Word is the team isn't up in arms over the recent moves.  They're actually quite pleased.

Nashville Fan

January 17, 2007, 02:14:54 pm #107 Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 02:17:39 pm by Nashville Fan
Hillis should be easy to get to say something interesting. I love his interviews, he is very open. That has to make HDN squirm. The whole thing appears junior high schoolish at best.
Pittman or Bust!

Brand X Hog Fan

Its funny how about the same time the situation gets figured out and exposed, the minions from the BAC manage to get on the message board and try to way-lay the truth.

"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

LAGNAF

Quote from: Boner on January 17, 2007, 01:59:11 pm
Its too late to enter the draft.

Honestly, guys, they're going to get up there and say where their opinion is on this whole deal.

And I don't think HDN or JFB is putting them up to this.

And i don't blame them one bit.  Often times message boards fight the good fight, but some of these guys are sick of other people being their voices.  Monk and Hillis are two people who's "opinions" on the program have been widely discussed here and elsewhere.  By people that know people who know people who know them.

They're going to lay out how they feel.  It will probably be positive and they'll probably stand behind their coach.

I'm sure most here will completely dismiss their actual statements as BS.

Notice how your post was ignored? Is it so hard to believe that Monk might have his own take on the situation and feel the need to express it. I know it may not be what you folks want to believe, but I for one would be refreshed by getting something from the horses mouth instead of the multiple "sources" that are so readily available.

Quote from: Cresthog on January 17, 2007, 01:42:53 pm
to discuss the overall state of the football program. Isn't pitiful that a player has to do this? Where is Broyles? Lindsey? Nutt? Wy can't they get there tails from between their legs and do some explaining to the public?
Nutt had a press conference yesterday. You didn't like what he had to say. With all that being said, surely Monk is not going to have a PC to discuss the state of the program.

EastexHawg

Has anyone ever heard of a PLAYER calling a press conference to discuss the state of the team? 

This is freaking unbelievable.  The cluster**** that has become Arkansas football is without end.

Quote from: Hawgasaurus on January 17, 2007, 01:51:52 pm
Outstanding! I hope they are leaving, best of luck to both of them and smart choice!
Why are you a fan of the team if you don't want good things to happen to the team?

HogHillbilly

If these two leave..................HDN is done.................I don't see how he can survive that

I'm ashamed to say it................But in the back of my mind.................I hope they leave
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Hogvious

I firmly believe this is not a Monk and Hillis are leaving thing.  I think it will be a "the players support Coach" meeting.  I just hope it is all for naught if it is.
  Nolan was right.

Hawgasaurus

Quote from: Karma on January 17, 2007, 02:17:03 pm
Quote from: Hawgasaurus on January 17, 2007, 01:51:52 pm
Outstanding! I hope they are leaving, best of luck to both of them and smart choice!
Why are you a fan of the team if you don't want good things to happen to the team?

Burning this program to the ground and starting over from the top down will be good for the program.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

twistitup

monk is probably doing everything in HIS power to save his SR. season-

he only has one more year to reach his potental in college and things aren't shaping up well for him
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

tannerspapa

does anyone know where we can catch the presser? online or in little rock ? radio? tv?

ogar_hog

Can anyone come up with a link...I can't find one on rivals.

StoernerJonesFan

MCheisman

Quote from: Boner on January 17, 2007, 02:14:30 pm

Word is the team isn't up in arms over the recent moves.  They're actually quite pleased.
This is true, as a whole the players are glad that Mitch is gone. Not sure about Malzahn but Mitch will not be missed.

Oliver

As much as I don't want to see this happen, the presser will be an array from sunshine from Monk about how the team is unified now and they support coach Nutt and so on and so on.  The University would never allow a player to come out and speak negatively about Coach Nutt...they don't even want the media doing that.

James K. Pork

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on January 17, 2007, 02:17:16 pm
Quote from: EastexHawg on January 17, 2007, 02:16:29 pm
Has anyone ever heard of a PLAYER calling a press conference to discuss the state of the team? 

This is freaking unbelievable.  The cluster**** that has become Arkansas football is without end.

Nutt will do anything to save his job. 

To the point of throwing his own players out there to say things he lacks the courage to say anywhere except in private or through the e-mails of his brother's physical therapist.

Quote from: Hogphilia on January 17, 2007, 02:01:23 pm
Don't you see what is happening?  This is exactly what Nutt et al. need is a player they can put up there to tell you how great Nutt is and what a distraction the Springdale group is.  Nutt will probably coach him to cry.

Then the talking heads will have someone to throw back at us to say - see what you are doing to the players?  The players know what is going on.

People....this tells you that there is blood in the water and they are scared crapless.

This is desperation at its best.  But, even though it is evil and unethical to put a player up there to do their bidding....it really is a smart move on their part.  The best shot they could possibly take to quiet this down.  You will hear "The poor players are being hurt by this".

Keep the Faith and keep on calling Broyles office, Nutt office, White's office, BOT's, etc.  Stay STrong...there is blood in the water.
What happened to don't attack the players? Does that only apply to Springdale players? Let's see what they have to say and judge accordingly. But if they support the coach, let's respect their loyalty even if we don't like the coach.

woodhog14

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on January 17, 2007, 02:15:12 pm
Its funny how about the same time the situation gets figured out and exposed, the minions from the BAC manage to get on the message board and try to way-lay the truth.

Seahawk, you still hearing the same thing? Or is this just going to be a..."we are behind our coach and the program 100%."

Skip Soprano

Oliver

Quote from: James K. Pork on January 17, 2007, 02:22:00 pm
Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on January 17, 2007, 02:17:16 pm

Nutt will do anything to save his job. 

To the point of throwing his own players out there to say things he lacks the courage to say anywhere except in private or through the e-mails of his brother's physical therapist.

The ULTIMATE ZING!!!

MrsPiggy

I'm sure most of the upperclassmen are fine with what's happened this week.  they weren't recruited by malzahn, know how nutt runs things and probably don't like freshmen coming in and getting a lot of publicity.  I find it odd that Monk would have a press conf to declare everything's ok, but hey, stranger things have happened up there.  He wouldn't be doing it without Nutt's ok - it's in Monk's best interest to stay on Nutt's good side

NATEHOGG216

Junior high ish     I LOVE IT

Will you ask her if she likes me? 
If she does tell her I kinda like her too.
If not tell her good b/c I don't like her either.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Brand X Hog Fan

Ding ding ding ding ding! Thank you for calling it like it really is! Stay or leave, happy or mad as hell, IF this is true, and IF Monk has something as mundane as a draft announcement or a pat on the ass to Houston, then the Razorback football program has lost the tiny bit of credibility it may have had after the last 2-3 days.

For Monk to have called a press conference, he better be launching some nuclear class bombs and exposing some serious impropriety.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

ecce38

I'
Quote from: Boner on January 17, 2007, 02:14:30 pm

I think we've all known it was a divided locker room all year.  I'm sure this is a "rally the troops" show of support thing.
Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.

Joe Theismann

LSUFan

Ah yes,  with the dark side of the force, some are able to predict the future.
Oh, and some inside sources too.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,108478.msg1553337.html#msg1553337

HogsGotcha1

they cant go pro next year!  the last day to declare was Jan 15

samske

Quote from: RBLtoHOG on January 17, 2007, 02:09:25 pm
For those of you saying "I hope they leave" .... are you fricken serious??

As I recall wasn't there something bout Monk getting into it with Mustain couple of months ago? I bet he is coming out to say that he feels the team is going to do just fine and for people not to give up on them. Think how he must feel with all this "the program is coming to an end" talk because of 3 people (2 of which didnt even make a big impact last year) leaving. I would much rather lose Mitch AND DW the lose a Monk and Hillis. Dick is more then capable of getting the ball to Monk at least once a game and thats not anything less then what Mitch would be doing

He couldn't catch Mitch's balls...too much zip.  That was in the papers early in the year.

Pig Power

Quote from: Oliver Miller on January 17, 2007, 02:21:32 pm
As much as I don't want to see this happen, the presser will be an array from sunshine from Monk about how the team is unified now and they support coach Nutt and so on and so on.  The University would never allow a player to come out and speak negatively about Coach Nutt...they don't even want the media doing that.
Right about the media..I am sure they will have some VERY difficult questions for him..

Ahenso

Quote from: StoernerJonesFan on January 17, 2007, 02:21:15 pm
Link, please.

You and me both as well as many other people have asked for a link or some sort of confirmation several times and still havent seen anything.. Please inform the masses here beside a one word answer

dirthog

if this a rallying of the troops why isnt the number one son mcfadden doing it.  Ive always liked marcus but if houston put marcus up to this he has sank to a new low.
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

ToddW

I hope it is to say that they are leaving.  if monk becomes the nutts lapdog then I have lost all respect for the players
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

woodhog14

Quote from: LSUFan on January 17, 2007, 02:23:53 pm
Ah yes,  with the dark side of the force, some are able to predict the future.
Oh, and some inside sources too.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,108478.msg1553337.html#msg1553337

I love you man!!!

Hawgon

Frankly, I am done with anyone who supports Nutt.  I don't care if it is a player.  I am done with them.  If the players aren't smart enough to see that their coach is a lying piece of darn and that this whole thing is about more than winning and losing and whatever else, then I am done with them.  This whole deal is about integrity and Nutt has none.

Table Rocker

Quote from: funkyhog on January 17, 2007, 02:23:57 pm
they cant go pro next year!  the last day to declare was Jan 15

no stuff? there's only 10 other posts stating the same thing

samske

Quote from: Hogvious on January 17, 2007, 02:19:31 pm
I firmly believe this is not a Monk and Hillis are leaving thing.  I think it will be a "the players support Coach" meeting.  I just hope it is all for naught if it is.

If I were a betting man, I would bet they'll talk about how excited they are about the new Offensive Coordinator.  Standard/stock stuff for a new hire.  Get a few quotes out there from the Head Coach and key players for the papers.

go hogues

Razorback Foundation plane scheduled for Dallas Love at the same time as the presser.  So, it obviously won't be to announce Lee publicly.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N88UA
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Ahenso

kgr

Quote from: donewithdale on January 17, 2007, 01:50:29 pm
I'm going to be ill if Monk comes out with an "all is well!" statement.

He will.  The coach who s*cks has to have someone do his dirty work.

Table Rocker

Table Rocker

Quote from: go hogues on January 17, 2007, 02:26:43 pm
Razorback Foundation plane scheduled for Dallas Love at the same time as the presser.  So, it obviously won't be to announce Lee publicly.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N88UA

i may have missed something but didn't they publicly announce lee this morning?

jhawg

Quote from: arkybuc on January 17, 2007, 01:56:26 pm
Why don't we all wait and see what he has to say before freaking out and bashing Monk? What has this place came to?

because he is not from Springdale.
"They are not worried about selling tickets. They are not worried about selling offenses and gimmicks and things of that nature. They are worried about winning and having a winning tradition."- Reggie Herring