Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monk calls press conference for 3pm

Started by Cresthog, January 17, 2007, 01:42:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cresthog

January 17, 2007, 01:42:53 pm Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 02:05:11 pm by Cresthog
to discuss the overall state of the football program. Isn't pitiful that a player has to do this? Where is Broyles? Lindsey? Nutt? Wy can't they get there tails from between their legs and do some explaining to the public?

woodhog14

Quote from: Cresthog on January 17, 2007, 01:42:53 pm
to discuss the overall state of the football program. Isn't pitiful that a player has to do this? Where is Broyles? Lindsey? Nutt? Wy can't they get there tails from between their legs and do some explaining to the public?

What???

Marshfieldhog

That is pathetic to send a player out to face these problems...Nutt is scum.

AstroHawg

Oliver

RazorRaider

Ok that makes no sense. Why would a player call a press conference to discuss teh state of the program?
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

razorprep

NATEHOGG216

REALLY? 

He is going pro now?  I don't blame him.  He doesn't want to only catch 12 balls next year(one per game) and not get a shot.

Hell I hope everybody leaves.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

CCintherock

Nutt is a winner of the losers and a loser to the winners. Sounds like a Mediocre loser or winner.

DoubleJ

I really feel for Monk, DMAC, and Felix.  Hopefully they'll have someone else coaching them next year.

PulledPork

"And the beat goes on......"

Pulled out...

501Ben

Its true rivals is reporting the same thing.

paraloma

If David Lee is calling plays, Monk better learn how to run block.
Dallas Washington for Heisman

dish13-hog

He's calling a presser?  Surely you jest.  
"In the 6 billion year history of this planet there has been ONLY ONE national high school player of the year from the state of Arkansas. Houston Nutt had him and lost him.
Believe it or not."  - Mike Irwin, 1/16/07

"Digger Phelps is a moron." - Me, 3/11/07

RazorRaider

Quote from: donewithdale on January 17, 2007, 01:46:30 pm
Quote from: Marshfieldhog on January 17, 2007, 01:43:52 pm

Marcus will basically say that the team is glad DW, Mitch and Gus are gone and the program is better off for it.  Our enablers who support Nutt will use this as their magic bullet and the national media will have their opinions confirmed about Springdale.

This will be f... sickening!

If that isn't enough to boycott going to the games this year then nothing will be.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

razorprep

Franchise_Hog

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on January 17, 2007, 01:44:37 pm
REALLY? 

He is going pro now?  I don't blame him.  He doesn't want to only catch 12 balls next year(one per game) and not get a shot.

Surely it's to annouce he's going pro....if he really is by himself discussing the state of the program...well, wow, I really have seen it all.

Brand X Hog Fan

From what I hear, and this from a reliable yet undisclosed source (mods pm me and I will tell you who it is,) Monk and Hillis both have something to say today. I do not think they will be Hogs next year.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: CCintherock on January 17, 2007, 01:44:45 pm
Is he going to do HDN's dirty work?

Well HDN isn't going to do his own, and he doesn't really think his brothers doctor is the right one to do it this time, so he picked his great receiver b/c hell who cares about him, we don't even throw the damn ball
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on January 17, 2007, 01:48:31 pm
From what I hear, and this from a reliable yet undisclosed source (mods pm me and I will tell you who it is,) Monk and Hillis both have something to say today. I do not think they will be Hogs next year.

YUP

Oliver

As much as I love Marcus Monk, I don't need him to tell me that things are fu#ked up on the Hill.

DoubleJ

The sh*t has hit the fan.......Well, it keeps hitting the fan.

Hog Realist

dish13-hog

Quote from: MikeThrel on January 17, 2007, 01:49:17 pm
Quote from: Franchise_Hog on January 17, 2007, 01:48:08 pm
REALLY? 

Surely it's to annouce he's going pro....if he really is by himself discussing the state of the program...well, wow, I really have seen it all.

Isn't it too late to announce for the NFL draft?

Yes.  He had to do that Monday unless something has been "waived" because of the circumstances.
"In the 6 billion year history of this planet there has been ONLY ONE national high school player of the year from the state of Arkansas. Houston Nutt had him and lost him.
Believe it or not."  - Mike Irwin, 1/16/07

"Digger Phelps is a moron." - Me, 3/11/07

panichog

REALLY? 

The deadline was 1/15/2007 to enter into NFL draft I thought.  Surely not a transfer??? 
Panic

gibby

REALLY? 

I believe the deadline for declaring for the draft was Monday at 5:00 EST.  Perhaps he's going to transfer to Tulsa?  lol

SpaHog

REALLY? 

Yes

hog caller

he's probably saying he has changed his mind and is opting for the draft.

arkybuc

Interesting... I guess this is Monk's team, he is a senior leader so if he has something to say about the whole deal why shouldn't he be able to? Monk is a very classy person, I am interested in what he has to say.

Hawgasaurus

Outstanding! I hope they are leaving, best of luck to both of them and smart choice!
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

SpareRib

Are you sure that's the reason for it?  If so, this is the shabbiest, most cowardly stunt Nutt and Broyles have pulled yet.  Things are at a flash point on the hill and they send their kids out in front of them as spokesmen? 

It's like Nutt is screaming - "Help there is an idiot in my body and he's making decisions for me!"
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

tx hog fan

has anyone heard that they were talking to casey's little bro?

FBI

MCheisman

Quote from: donewithdale on January 17, 2007, 01:46:30 pm
Quote from: Marshfieldhog on January 17, 2007, 01:43:52 pm
I have heard that a lot of the players are glad that the Springdale crew has left. Apparently, there was some separation in the locker room between the team and the springdale crew. I imagine Monk is one of those who might be glad. who knows

Marcus will basically say that the team is glad DW, Mitch and Gus are gone and the program is better off for it.  Our enablers who support Nutt will use this as their magic bullet and the national media will have their opinions confirmed about Springdale.

This will be f... sickening!

Bomis Hawg

Deadline has passed on him going pro.  Has to be something about him pumping up the program.

cmakrzrbak

I doubt Marcus will spew the company line.  I think he really liked Gus.  I don't know what this is all about, but it better not be Monk being forced to do damage control for the Nuttzis.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

SpaHog

What are they going to do transfer before their senior year and sit out a year then come back and play their senior year.  Yeah that sounds logical!

CPL HOG

Cresthog

From what I understand...Monk is going to discuss the state of the program. I have a feeling Nutt pessured him into this. Probably said " You are a leader and a senior for this team so let everyone know it."

TennesseeRaz

Monk, do NOT compromise your integrity for that bunch of louts left on the hill!

claycohog

It is too late to enter the draft!  If they have been put up to having a presser for the benefit of Broyles and HDN then this should only solidify their termination.

A Boy Named Sue E.

If this is trure, Nutt just signed his own walking papers. No way the Chancellor, President, and BOT could possibly tolerate such.

AltaHog

Where can this press conf. be seen or heard?

Mo_Better_Hogs

What the H does all this mean? I've puked until I can't puke any more.

Hogvious

Linky?  I have a hard time swallowing this one.  I know HDN is a coward, but is he this much of a coward?
  Nolan was right.

311Hog

While yes 1/15/07 was the deadline for the draft what about a supplemental draft?

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

It may be too late the enter the draft, but it's still possible for Monk to announce that he will forgo his Senior season and join the NFL through the ranks of free agency........
Quote from: salebow on November 27, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.

PulledPork

Quote from: A Boy Named Sue E. on January 17, 2007, 01:54:04 pm
If this is trure, Nutt just signed his own walking papers. No way the Chancellor, President, and BOT could possibly tolerate such.
don't be too sure, stranger things have and will happen I believe....'

Pulled out....

arkybuc

Why don't we all wait and see what he has to say before freaking out and bashing Monk? What has this place came to?

cityhog

Maybe they had a team meeting behind Nutt's back, and decided to hold the program hostage.  Monk and Hillis will come out and say "We, and the entire team are prepared to quit unless you remove this man as our head coach."

Hey, a guy can dream can't he?