Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I found this interesting link over at hawgsillustrated.com

Started by uagrad1998, January 15, 2007, 07:21:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgAdvocate

Unless contacted means "sent a letter of interest," i don't believe a word of it.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

ICEman

Mr. BG will go out to the land of the glitterati and get lost in the shuffle.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

HawgAdvocate

So easy for some to assume that...so hard for those to accept that he could very do the same here as well.

Heaven forbid an Arkansas kid succeed somewhere else.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

birdhawg

Quote from: hogman64 on January 31, 2007, 02:33:52 pm
this needs to stay at the top......defines the problem perfectly............
That's just what you people want. I find it real interesting that in about two days this BG thing has been brought up in at least 4 different threads, and all you Nutt haters have chimed in. This information is nothing new, I would like to know who keeps this crap up?

To who ever started this thread there's 3 more just like it probably not even off the front page. Is this how you guys get off? How much disdain and hatred can one set of folks have? I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not a big Nutt fan. But try to be somewhat fair, you guys keep asking about his honesty and integrity. Well from everything I've heard he was honest with this kid and told him he wouldn't get a shot at TB. Then you hear about this fence business, well if the kid is set on playing TB what would you guys suggest?

This post will be like all the others that challenge you guys and your hatred for Nutt. Unanswered! You won't offer any suggestions about what he should've done differently! Just keep your little quips coming.

Newhopehog

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 31, 2007, 04:46:20 pm
So easy for some to assume that...so hard for those to accept that he could very do the same here as well.

Heaven forbid an Arkansas kid succeed somewhere else.

Right on..I have never seen so many people so anxious for an Arkansas kid to fail...I don't give a dam where they go to school I root for them to be successful...we all should..Lord know we have enough kids fail and I don't mean just sports...they need all the support they can get....

jhog

Quote from: Boarsnest on January 15, 2007, 07:52:46 pm
This was the same thing that happened with Brett Helms, he had 8 offers before Arkansas offered!!!

Bret Helms was never ever contemplating going to Arkansas. He was going to LSU regardless.  It was and is a known fact.  Therefore Bret is not revelant to this post.

Newhopehog

Quote from: birdhawg on January 31, 2007, 05:00:26 pm
That's just what you people want. I find it real interesting that in about two days this BG thing has been brought up in at least 4 different threads, and all you Nutt haters have chimed in. This information is nothing new, I would like to know who keeps this crap up?

in the case of BG I can tell you something that should have been done....HDN should have been making contact with him as a junior and Danny should have had weekly contact with him since his Jr year....If you want these kids you have to recruit them...HDN is certainly no Nolan where he can sit back and wait for them to come to him...Didn't work to wel for Nolan and he had a NC in his back pocket...Hell the only thing HDN has in his back pocket is Danny's hand....or maeby that's in his front pocket...

To who ever started this thread there's 3 more just like it probably not even off the front page. Is this how you guys get off? How much disdain and hatred can one set of folks have? I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not a big Nutt fan. But try to be somewhat fair, you guys keep asking about his honesty and integrity. Well from everything I've heard he was honest with this kid and told him he wouldn't get a shot at TB. Then you hear about this fence business, well if the kid is set on playing TB what would you guys suggest?

This post will be like all the others that challenge you guys and your hatred for Nutt. Unanswered! You won't offer any suggestions about what he should've done differently! Just keep your little quips coming.

R300069

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 31, 2007, 08:09:08 am
Quote from: Pig Floyd on January 31, 2007, 12:40:32 am
A 4.6 time won't cut it in the SEC as a running back (Look at Kenneth Darby), and I'm sure he won't be cool with being a fullback on the Hill...

The SEC is all about speed...different than the Pac 10 or the Big Ten...

USC utilized LenDale White to his full potential..and I'm sure they'll do the same with Green, he has the same body type.

What a friggin load here.  LenDale White ran all over Auburn and Arkansas.  Just because a coach can't recognize talent & doesn't know what to do with it doesn't mean the whole world shares the same stupidity.

No, that was the fast guy Reggie Bush.  but if it makes you feel any better he was ineligible.

R300069

Hogfans could help with recruiting.  We need to get kids there regardless of the teetotaler in charge.  hard for me to understand any man who doesn't like beer.  If I was in HS I would tell Nutt I'm not going unless you chug some brew dude and quit trying to act like a preacher.

hogovereasy

"  They should have been recruiting me as a sophomore?   Okay, the buy is 18 years old.  I would let that comment go.  Seems I remember that BG sent film to Pete Carroll. In other words, he was soliciting Sou Cal.   Honestly,  while I don't like losing in state kids, it seems to me that BG would be playing elsewhere regardless of who was coach at AR.   

VenturaHog

Quote from: hogovereasy on January 31, 2007, 07:04:32 pm
"  They should have been recruiting me as a sophomore?   Okay, the buy is 18 years old.  I would let that comment go.  Seems I remember that BG sent film to Pete Carroll. In other words, he was soliciting Sou Cal.   Honestly,  while I don't like losing in state kids, it seems to me that BG would be playing elsewhere regardless of who was coach at AR.   

BS, that's standard procedure, its dumb not to get your name out there as a recruit, it makes your stock go up a ton for premier schools like penn state and usc to take interest. and trust me, those schools dont sit around waiting for players to send in film, theyre on them from sophmore year on usually.

its inexcusable for our staff to let our blue chippers slip through the cracks.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: ceegar on January 15, 2007, 08:38:23 pm
i remember when i was elated to get an offer from the hogs even though it wasnt my first and that was a long long time ago.  if you really want to be a hog it shouldnt matter

I disagree completely. In this day and age it is all about exposure and development. A recruit is going to go where he will get both, along with the respect of his coach. Respect starts EARLY in the recruiting process. AS Green said in the piece, Nutt should have been down there in his sophomore and junior year, just to show up on the sidelines at practice and be noticed. I have known highschool athletes that were being "looked at." It does loads for their confidence and self esteem, as well as establish a bond to the coach and the school he represents. Its so easy, even a Nutt should be able to figure it out.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

CorningHog

Houston Nutt lets all the other coaches do his dirty work or "leg work".  He feels that he has "arrived" and there is no need to go see these guys until he gets to the end of the deal, so he can "close the deal"!

The sad part is until we begin losing all of the TOP 10 recruits in Arkansas, Nutt will continue to be patted on the back by Papa Frank.

Frank is beyond reproach and he is lost in all of this.

What the standards were 10 to 20 years ago like keeping the local kids, the Arkansas kids and signing them if they are D1 talent, but now Frank lets Houston do his own thing.

You know why?

Because Houston talks to Frank with respect and listens and does what Papa Frank tells him to do.  Frank will let a few things slide for Houston because the biggest thing that gets Frank's dander up is a coach that won't listen to him. 

We are STUCK!

Houston can't recruit anyone well.  He just reels in the ones that want to be a Razorback regardless who is coaching the Hogs!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

jcrowe01

man thats a joke when will the state wake up and realize the hdn gotta go!!!!!!

R300069

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on January 31, 2007, 07:35:03 pm
i remember when i was elated to get an offer from the hogs even though it wasnt my first and that was a long long time ago.  if you really want to be a hog it shouldnt matter

I disagree completely. In this day and age it is all about exposure and development. A recruit is going to go where he will get both, along with the respect of his coach. Respect starts EARLY in the recruiting process. AS Green said in the piece, Nutt should have been down there in his sophomore and junior year, just to show up on the sidelines at practice and be noticed. I have known highschool athletes that were being "looked at." It does loads for their confidence and self esteem, as well as establish a bond to the coach and the school he represents. Its so easy, even a Nutt should be able to figure it out.

I heard they were down there when he was an underclassman.  Then BG says they weren't.  I dunno anymore.  He could still end up at Ark.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: uagrad1998 on January 15, 2007, 07:21:38 pm
and wanted to pass it to you guys over here.  There is a link with a video interview. Enjoy and post thoughts.

http://www.todaysthv.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=39797

That is damning.

Thanks for the link.

JDHogg

Quote from: B Ray on January 15, 2007, 08:28:15 pm
Everybody will say , that these recruits have a big ego ,but if they have it here in Arkansas, they have them in other states as well.So we need to adapt and go out and get the best  recruits out there. We can make excuses, but HDN does not know how to recruits todays type of recruits.

I thought these recruits were just 'prima donna mama's boys'.  <sarcasm off>
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

Speedy1422

Quote from: Salty Hog on January 15, 2007, 07:39:49 pm
Yep. The fence has a hole in it 2 miles wide.  The ship's taking on water and folks are jumping overboard left and right. The foundation is crumbling under the current administrations feet, and all they keep saying is "every thing will be just fine".  This truly sucks. It will take at least 5 years to recover.  :(

I have a feeling it will not take 5 years to recover.  I have a feeling we will be back in the saddle next year ready to fight for a SEC championship.

saladino

I have a feeling...?
___

That reminds me of what the lobster said in the big pot on the stove; "This sure feels warm and toastie!  :)

VenturaHog

Quote from: R300069 on January 31, 2007, 08:07:08 pm
Quote from: Seahawk4ever on January 31, 2007, 07:35:03 pm

I heard they were down there when he was an underclassman.  Then BG says they weren't.  I dunno anymore.  He could still end up at Ark.

keep dreaming

BartIV

I really don't think it matters if he is too slow for the SEC, that remains to be seen. Houston Nutt should have made this kid one of his top recruits. Arkansas only gets so many of these kids and they should be able to get everyone of them. Arkansas has no other competion in this state from other schools. Nutt really screwed up on this one. Always get the #1 or top 5 players in the state. That is a must.

Donny2665

It doesnt do any good to get the top recruits in the state, if they( the recruits) want to play a role in which our coach doesnt see them being fit for, as for KB, LZ and BG I say good luck at the schools you go to, I hope for KB and LZ sake though, that when they play Arkansas, they dont get hurt, when our Top notch defense plows through Ole Big Ears weak Offense.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

OKhogfan1959

Lazy..I think Nutt is not working hard enough..
He's also dead instate..HS coaches..the ones he's been belittling are not sending his kids to play for Nutt! Do they understand this on the hill? I don't see anything happening but things getting worse..

I repeat..HS Athletes and their coaches don't respect the man.. He's done instate..Can't ever repair the damage that has been done...

WASAHAWG70

Kind of funny really. One of the the reasons Lou Holtz got fired was because JFB said he didn't recriut Arkansas hard enough(they are from Arkansas they should be glad to be a razorback). But HDN is still here sitting right on JFBs lap.

silvertip

Quote from: birdhawg on January 31, 2007, 05:00:26 pm

I'll answer your post, hugger.

This thread, in case you forgot, is about the TV interview with one of the top-rated RBs in the country. It is about hearing, from the horse's mouth about the pitiful job HDN & crew do in recruiting. Green says NOTHING about any TB/FB/featured back b.s.

This thread is not about "everything you've heard." It's about what Green says about his recruiting & that of Kodi Burns & other recruits Green talked to.

So you "would like to know who keeps this crap up?" I'm just one of many. I "bumped" this thread to the front page after "only" about 830 had read it. Now, over 2500 have read it. It will stay on the front page until people quit adding posts. When it gets off the front page, I'm likely to bump it back up here again.

Why? Because the erosion of in-state recruiting is one of the biggest failings of HDN/JFB. I think EVERYONE in Arkansas needs to hear about it.  WPS!! 

BartIV

silvertip

Yes, it does. There are now about 2000 more people who have seen that video than when we brought it back to the front page just a couple days ago. So here it goes back up there, bumpity bump bump

Mr. Hog

Go Hogs Go!

silvertip

Quote from: Mr. Hog on February 02, 2007, 02:14:20 am
Once again Houston, you suck !

This video has been seen over 2000 times since Wednesday morning. Over 2800 times altogether. Assuming only 2000 were Arkansas residents, that's about a 26 per county average. And of course, the readers of Hogville ARE the best-informed Hawg fans, and the opinion-leaders of the Hawg Nation. As Frank is finding out.  WPS!!

NATEHOGG216

ABSOLUTELY HORRID....

IT IS PASt TIME to LEAVE...

FRick HDN and JFB...

They both need to be at some community college or high school somewhere.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

stevenwayneslane

Guys this is reason enough to run Nutt off. My gosh this kid plays in our own back yard and Nutt can't putt out the time to recruit him. Good lord. He is a stud. At least send someone down to visit. Pete Carrol came in hiself. If I'm not mistaken isn't Pete a much better coach than Nutt. Oh didn't he have two Heisman winners. Oh winners not runner ups. I love Dmac but he hasn't won that Heisman yet and probably will not without Gus here.

stevenwayneslane

What will Chuck B say about that interview. Oh we don't need him anyway. Like we don't need Gus,D.Williams,M.Mustain,B.Webb,Z.Pinalto,S.Shelly,L.Ziemba,K.Burns, or any of the other kids that decide not to come here from Arkansas. Good gosh Nutt sucks. I'm also not one of those guys that wouldn't say it to his face either. My neighbor is one of the Defensive coaches and I tell him just like I would tell Nutt I can't stand Nutt. He is an idiot. Used car salesman.

silvertip

Quote from: stevenwayneslane on February 02, 2007, 10:43:20 am
Guys this is reason enough to run Nutt off. My gosh this kid plays in our own back yard and Nutt can't putt out the time to recruit him. Good lord. He is a stud. At least send someone down to visit. Pete Carrol came in hiself. If I'm not mistaken isn't Pete a much better coach than Nutt. Oh didn't he have two Heisman winners. Oh winners not runner ups. I love Dmac but he hasn't won that Heisman yet and probably will not without Gus here.

And notice that Green says Kodi Burns & "other" top Arkie kids had similar experiences with the Nuttster & his basketball playing staff.

HogHeathen

I would suggest you loo at his video highlights.   The kid is good, but he has the body of a linebacker.  I think he'll be to slow to be effective as a tailback.  He we'll end up at fullback wherever he goes.  He wants to be the tailback, and Arkansas was honest with him and said he'll be used as a fullback.  I think the kid is overrated anyway.   Arrogant as well,  "I should have been the first offer in the state" Please!!!!

longtimeHogfan

That was a sad video.  Made more sad by the fact the they just don't get it on 'The Hill'.  They see what they want to see, hear what they want to hear and do what they want to do.  It will not get better until they, Frank & Dale, decide on their own, to step down and leave. 

I don't care anymore.  I'll watch the games on TV or listen to them on the radio, but it won't be the same, because I just don't care. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

blake

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on February 02, 2007, 01:14:02 pm
That was a sad video.  Made more sad by the fact the they just don't get it on 'The Hill'.  They see what they want to see, hear what they want to hear and do what they want to do.  It will not get better until they, Frank & Dale, decide on their own, to step down and leave. 

I don't care anymore.  I'll watch the games on TV or listen to them on the radio, but it won't be the same, because I just don't care. 
I couldn't have said it any better.

nole10591

HEY listen here MISTER !!!! What problem everything is perfect !!!
So long lost DECADE !!!

silvertip

Quote from: HogHeathen on February 02, 2007, 01:09:09 pm
I would suggest you loo at his video highlights.   The kid is good, but he has the body of a linebacker.  I think he'll be to slow to be effective as a tailback.  He we'll end up at fullback wherever he goes.  He wants to be the tailback, and Arkansas was honest with him and said he'll be used as a fullback.  I think the kid is overrated anyway.   Arrogant as well,  "I should have been the first offer in the state" Please!!!!

QUICK, Mr Heathen, call Jim Tressel and Pete Carroll before they waste a scholly. Tell them to call Danny Nutt & he'll straighten them out!!

rodkell

We wouldnt have recruited emmitt out of high school either, slow like green

fullfan

For all you Huggers that are tired of all this and want to move on.  Listen to the interview.   This is the reason the pressure to get rid of Nutt cannot and will not let up.   That time thing works both ways.

borat_hog

this tells everyone in arkansas that Nutt can't recruit at all.

FIRE HDN!

hoggystyle78

Pitiful, absolutely pitiful. HS recruits are running from our program like thier hair's on fire!, all because of an 82 year old fossil who's lost touch with reality and a buffoon for a HC.

R300069

Sounds to me like Green thinks he should have been recruited more/ earlier.  He is his own biggest fan?

hog caller

sounds like he thought Ark ought to be kissin his behind to get him.i'm glad he going somewhere else

barry150

Quote from: stevenwayneslane on February 02, 2007, 10:48:12 am
What will Chuck B say about that interview. Oh we don't need him anyway. Like we don't need Gus,D.Williams,M.Mustain,B.Webb,Z.Pinalto,S.Shelly,L.Ziemba,K.Burns, or any of the other kids that decide not to come here from Arkansas. Good gosh Nutt sucks. I'm also not one of those guys that wouldn't say it to his face either. My neighbor is one of the Defensive coaches and I tell him just like I would tell Nutt I can't stand Nutt. He is an idiot. Used car salesman.
Chuck is just towing the company line.  If Nutt will try to pull MMs offer after he decommitted, if they will say Webb and Ziemba are too "soft",  and Shelly was a trouble maker, I am sure he will come up with some excuse why we don't want any of these kids.  I have already seen it on several boards and heard it on the radio. 
But you just can't keep making excuses as to why you lose the top kids in the state year after year.  And when you do get them, you can't keep treating them like dirt.

barry150

Quote from: hog caller on February 02, 2007, 06:47:56 pm
sounds like he thought Ark ought to be kissin his behind to get him.i'm glad he going somewhere else

ARE YOU FRICKING FOR REAL?  Do you not understand that these kids are trying to find a place in this world where they can reach their goals and get as far in life as they can.  Heck no they don't want to go somewhere where they are treated like a second class citizen...especially before they ever step foot on campus.  There is a reason these coaches have to recruit and recruit darn hard for these top kids.  BECAUSE IF WE DON'T LOVE THEM NOW, what the heck is their life going to be like for the next four years.  Athletes have egos just like you and I!  I am not going to go work at a place where they don't want me.  And if I have the opportunity to go to work with 5 top companies, I'm going to give first dibs on the one that REALLY wants and needs me.  Not someone who just thinks of me as an after-thought.

Harleigh Hog

After watching that, I threw up in my mouth! :puke:
  JFB and HDN S-U-C-K!

R300069

Quote from: barry150 on February 02, 2007, 06:48:06 pm
Quote from: stevenwayneslane on February 02, 2007, 10:48:12 am
Chuck is just towing the company line.  If Nutt will try to pull MMs offer after he decommitted, if they will say Webb and Ziemba are too "soft",  and Shelly was a trouble maker, I am sure he will come up with some excuse why we don't want any of these kids.  I have already seen it on several boards and heard it on the radio. 
But you just can't keep making excuses as to why you lose the top kids in the state year after year.  And when you do get them, you can't keep treating them like dirt.

That would be in reference to the springdale kids right?  Not many other players that I can remember, quit after a bowl game because an asst coach left.  Did MM say he was treated like dirt? or is that just an idea you have from reading this board?

R300069

Quote from: barry150 on February 02, 2007, 06:52:42 pm
Quote from: hog caller on February 02, 2007, 06:47:56 pm

ARE YOU FRICKING FOR REAL?  Do you not understand that these kids are trying to find a place in this world where they can reach their goals and get as far in life as they can.  Heck no they don't want to go somewhere where they are treated like a second class citizen...especially before they ever step foot on campus.  There is a reason these coaches have to recruit and recruit darn hard for these top kids.  BECAUSE IF WE DON'T LOVE THEM NOW, what the heck is their life going to be like for the next four years.  Athletes have egos just like you and I!  I am not going to go work at a place where they don't want me.  And if I have the opportunity to go to work with 5 top companies, I'm going to give first dibs on the one that REALLY wants and needs me.  Not someone who just thinks of me as an after-thought.

If I was in HS I would give dibs to USC, based on their success.  The university doesn't need to kiss any HS ass.  It backfired this year.  We need players who want to play here, period.  If a RB doesn't want to play for the nation's best running team, then so be it.

silvertip

Why would you care whether a RB wants to play for Navy?  Hawgs were not the nation's best running team. Never have been.