Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I found this interesting link over at hawgsillustrated.com

Started by uagrad1998, January 15, 2007, 07:21:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

silvertip

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on February 06, 2007, 12:36:47 pm
This needs to be kept on the front page.

Bump

Agreed longtimeHogfan. Me and hoggystyle78 & no doubt a few others are keeping it "bumped" up to the top. In the last 6 days, about 5000 new readers. How about you help on a regular basis to see that it stays near the top, until the readership slows down?  WPS!!

silvertip

bump. Let's get all the new readers as Hogvillians flood in here tonight for the recruiting news.

hoggystyle78

silvertip

About 5160 "reads" in about 6 days total on the front page for this video. For an average of about 36 reads per hour.

It is slowing down somewhat. But at an average of about 850 per day, I think it's still worth keeping in front of folks.

PLUS, when this recruiting class comes in around 35th tomorrow, I think interest in what Green has to say might pick back up.  WPS!!

hillhog

Quote from: ceegar on January 15, 2007, 08:38:23 pm
i remember when i was elated to get an offer from the hogs even though it wasnt my first and that was a long long time ago.  if you really want to be a hog it shouldnt matter
Maybe these boys today see thru the lying.

silvertip

bumpity bump

Hawgs now back to 29th in rivals recruiting ranks. Look for a slow fall all day 'til we settle in around 37th.

silvertip

Now I've got this "linked" to another thread that has
"Broderick Green... recruiting..." in the title. We still got 10,000 Hogvillians that need to see it.

longtimeHogfan

In our local paper this morning I read where 6 SEC schools have recruiting classes that will rank in the top-10 in the NATION!  Think about that when you see that Arkansas will probably end up 9th, just ahead of Mississippi St. and 30th or something in the nation. 

I'm glad to see us reaching out and signing youngsters from 5-6 other states, but what about that 'fence' Dale was going to build?  6 of the top 9 instate football players are leaving the state for Southern Cal, Auburn and others. 

Just once I'd like to see us in the middle of the pack in the SEC.  Just the middle, just average.  9th isn't average.  Lou was fired when he failed to recruit instate talent.  Dale seems to keep getting year after year after....etc., and our staff isn't getting it done on the recruiting field. 

The link at the top of this thread should not be allowed to be buried on the back pages. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

silvertip

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on February 07, 2007, 11:12:18 am
In our local paper this morning I read where 6 SEC schools have recruiting classes that will rank in the top-10 in the NATION!  Think about that when you see that Arkansas will probably end up 9th, just ahead of Mississippi St. and 30th or something in the nation. 

I'm glad to see us reaching out and signing youngsters from 5-6 other states, but what about that 'fence' Dale was going to build?  6 of the top 9 instate football players are leaving the state for Southern Cal, Auburn and others. 

Just once I'd like to see us in the middle of the pack in the SEC.  Just the middle, just average.  9th isn't average.  Lou was fired when he failed to recruit instate talent.  Dale seems to keep getting year after year after....etc., and our staff isn't getting it done on the recruiting field. 

The link at the top of this thread should not be allowed to be buried on the back pages. 

It won't be buried, ltHfan. There are several of us that keep bumping it up.

I figure for every Hawg fan that watches that video, several others hear about it.

Vinnie Hogarino

just heard that Green is going with USC.  no surprise there.

Maybe Nutt didn't think he would be around and didn't need to recruit.
Steve Spurrier, Florida football coach, telling Gator fans that a fire at Auburn's football dorm had destroyed 20 books: "But the real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet." (1991)

silvertip

BartIV

razorback4ever

Quote from: HogHeathen on February 02, 2007, 01:09:09 pm
I would suggest you loo at his video highlights.   The kid is good, but he has the body of a linebacker.  I think he'll be to slow to be effective as a tailback.  He we'll end up at fullback wherever he goes.  He wants to be the tailback, and Arkansas was honest with him and said he'll be used as a fullback.  I think the kid is overrated anyway.   Arrogant as well,  "I should have been the first offer in the state" Please!!!!

What the hell are you talking about! He never said he should have been the first recruit in the state to be offered. He said Arkansas should have been one of the first to offer him instead of the 11Th major college to do so. He was ignored by the Arkansas Nuttball until other major programs were already well into the recruiting process of Green. Poo off this guys potential if you would like, but Pete Carol recruits top athletes every year, and he came to Arkansas to recruit Green personally. I will take his evaluation over Nutts anytime. Is he sour about it? Hell yea! I don't blame him. Nutt didn't want him until other schools wanted him. Kind of like a little kid wanting something because another kid has it. It wasn't needed until someone else had it. Just pitiful.

Babbitt

Another outstanding performance by that great man of CHARACTER and INTEGRITY, Houston Dale Nutt. 

BTW, isn't dumba$$ DANNY hailed as the great guru of recruiting central arkansas running backs?

PRAISE THE LORD FOR HOUSTON DALE NUTT!!!

BartIV

This is a good read and watch, so watch and read it. go Hogs.

longtimeHogfan

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

TheSausageKing

Arrogant as well,  "I should have been the first offer in the state" Please!!!!
Why don't you listen to the video again and get your facts straight. He said they should have offered him first before any other school not that he should have been the first in the state offered.

hoggystyle78

silvertip

Quote from: TheSausageKing on February 07, 2007, 05:17:00 pm
Arrogant as well,  "I should have been the first offer in the state" Please!!!!
Why don't you listen to the video again and get your facts straight. He said they should have offered him first before any other school not that he should have been the first in the state offered.

He also says the Hawgs should have offered before his junior year---which is exactly what big time programs do nowadays. Green was no secret for the last couple years.

silvertip

about 900 new reads in last 15 hours. Time for me to call it a night. 8 days, 5300 new reads since this thread "revived" for about 660 reads/day.

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: middleman on January 15, 2007, 08:38:41 pm
I am the guy that interviewed Broderick Green and when he says he has no hatred for the Hogs he means it.  He honestly felt bad that all the other schools were calling except his home school. 
The sad thing is all the other high school recruits I spoke with that have chosen other schools instead of arkansas agreed on one thing; HDN is the reason they will not go there.

Wow.  Just wow. 

Someone send THIS to the BOT.
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

silvertip

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on February 08, 2007, 08:31:55 am
Quote from: middleman on January 15, 2007, 08:38:41 pm
I am the guy that interviewed Broderick Green and when he says he has no hatred for the Hogs he means it.  He honestly felt bad that all the other schools were calling except his home school. 
The sad thing is all the other high school recruits I spoke with that have chosen other schools instead of arkansas agreed on one thing; HDN is the reason they will not go there.

Wow.  Just wow. 

Someone send THIS to the BOT.

Or have it sent in a singing telegram, along with a set of balls.

longtimeHogfan

silvertip

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on February 08, 2007, 11:16:18 am
Ok, get back over on page #1 where you belong...

bump

I'm right behind you, ltHf. As long as that video is getting 600-700 new reads per day, I figure we're getting karma points from that Big Hawg In The Sky. Hmmmm...wonder if we get any virgins for this?  WPS!!

Razor-back

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Razor-back on February 08, 2007, 02:59:40 pm
This video really makes me sick to my stomach

Good.  Now tell everyone you know about it.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

silvertip

Pigskin_Porker

:puke:           :puke:             :puke:             :puke:
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

longtimeHogfan

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

silvertip

HELP!! Gonna be hard to keep this on the front page today. But it's still gettin 600+ new reads every day. FUEL FOR THE FIRE!!

Please help with the bumpin' We got Nutt on the run, keep the momentum.  WPS!!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Why do we keep bringing dead threads back to life?  Hasn't everyone seen this?

silvertip

Quote from: abostian on February 09, 2007, 01:16:30 pm

Do you know how to read, abostian? To the right of the thread title, it shows how many replies, of which yours is # 191. To the right of that, it shows how many times the thread has been viewd, which as of a few minutes ago was something like 6800.

Or maybe you're math-challenged? Consider this:

19,600 = approx # of Hogville members
- 6,800  viewers of the video so far
--------
12,800 Hogvillians yet to see the video, of which probably 12,700 will be outraged. Get the idea now?

We are doing a public service by keeping this thread in front of Hawg fans. There are several in this informal conspiracy to keep it going. Every day, another 600 or so people see it for the first time.

I'll let the admins decide when enough is enough.  WPS!!

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: silvertip on February 09, 2007, 01:56:10 pm
Quote from: abostian on February 09, 2007, 01:16:30 pm

I'll let the admins decide when enough is enough.

So will I.

razorjon

"Starve the studs." — Chad Morris

HogAlum04

Well it looks like this home and away series paid off nicely for USC...especially if they wind up getting MM. 

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: HogAlum04 on February 09, 2007, 02:55:50 pm
Well it looks like this home and away series paid off nicely for USC...especially if they wind up getting MM. 

Interesting first post.  Welcome to hogville.

silvertip

And baaack you go to page 1. Over 400 new views today, & about time for happy hour!  WPS!!

silvertip

February 09, 2007, 07:39:44 pm #197 Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 09:53:22 pm by silvertip
down to about 30 new views/hour since 4pm, but that's normal for Friday evening.

discombobulationist

I don't know what he's gonna do at USC, but looking at some of his highlights, I don't see how anyone can say he wouldn't work in the SEC. This is frustrating. The past two years Houston has been given an absolute gift from Arkansas high schools and he has squandered it.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

BartIV

Great read, all should read. Its says a lot about today.