Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I found this interesting link over at hawgsillustrated.com

Started by uagrad1998, January 15, 2007, 07:21:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

silvertip

Quote from: R300069 on February 02, 2007, 08:01:25 pm
Quote from: barry150 on February 02, 2007, 06:48:06 pm
Quote from: stevenwayneslane on February 02, 2007, 10:48:12 am
What will Chuck B say about that interview. Oh we don't need him anyway. Like we don't need Gus,D.Williams,M.Mustain,B.Webb,Z.Pinalto,S.Shelly,L.Ziemba,K.Burns, or any of the other kids that decide not to come here from Arkansas. Good gosh Nutt sucks. I'm also not one of those guys that wouldn't say it to his face either. My neighbor is one of the Defensive coaches and I tell him just like I would tell Nutt I can't stand Nutt. He is an idiot. Used car salesman.
Chuck is just towing the company line.  If Nutt will try to pull MMs offer after he decommitted, if they will say Webb and Ziemba are too "soft",  and Shelly was a trouble maker, I am sure he will come up with some excuse why we don't want any of these kids.  I have already seen it on several boards and heard it on the radio. 
But you just can't keep making excuses as to why you lose the top kids in the state year after year.  And when you do get them, you can't keep treating them like dirt.

...Did MM say he was treated like dirt? or is that just an idea you have from reading this board?

I'm sure that's an idea he got from being in touch with reality. You?

R300069

He obviously wasn't happy but that is all anyone on here really knows.  getting treated like dirt? I dunno.
Quote from: silvertip on February 02, 2007, 08:15:21 pm
Why would you care whether a RB wants to play for Navy?  Hawgs were not the nation's best running team. Never have been.

I think they were seen that way because of who they ran on, not total rushing yards.  Oh and the fact that Dmac was voted the nation's best back without the most numbers.  Competition matters.

TransAmHawg

FIRE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

GrumpyHog

Those statements should make Dale bite his fingernails. I'm sure not surprised by BG's comments, just glad a recruit told it like it really is. Thanks BG.

silvertip

That's the important thing, Grumpy one. For people to actually see & hear a top rated Arkansas high school kid sit there and talk about Nutt's pitiful recruiting. And then to hear him say that Kodi Burns and other top recruits told him they were treated the same way.

Well, it's getting up to about 50 people on average, in every Arkansas county, have seen this. That's got to be several in every town of any size. Plus the thousands of people who saw it on KTHV live.

And you know for every one who's seen it, several more have heard about it. HDN's & the Murray State Mafia's dirty little secret is out. They are allowing schools like Tenn, Ole Miss, USC, Texas, Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Florida come in and drain the lifeblood out of the program.

hogomatic

the bottom line is talent is talent if you cant adapt your style of play to the players you have (or should have for that matter) you arent a very good fball coach

silvertip

Well, one last bump tonight, with the fond hope that several hundred more of the Hawg Nation will see this video Saturday morning, sitting near the top of the first page.  WPS!!

ArkieBrat

I think most of us already knew HDN was seriously lacking in recruiting skills; this interview really brought the message home.  Let's keep this thread going!  Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, needs to take a look at this interview.
My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.

silvertip

Quote from: ArkieBrat on February 03, 2007, 01:24:01 am
I think most of us already knew HDN was seriously lacking in recruiting skills; this interview really brought the message home.  Let's keep this thread going!  Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, needs to take a look at this interview.

Yep. I just looked at Rivals.com, Hawgs sitting at 33rd in recruiting & I see at least 9 teams right behind them with higher star averages & fewer commits on board. Which means they are all a serious threat to finish ahead of us.

Some hugger the other day saying Hawgs might finish in top 20 if we get our last few 4 star targets. I said we'll wind up closer to 40th than 20th.

ozarkhog

Quote from: barry150 on February 02, 2007, 06:52:42 pm
Quote from: hog caller on February 02, 2007, 06:47:56 pm
sounds like he thought Ark ought to be kissin his behind to get him.i'm glad he going somewhere else

ARE YOU FRICKING FOR REAL?  Do you not understand that these kids are trying to find a place in this world where they can reach their goals and get as far in life as they can.  Heck no they don't want to go somewhere where they are treated like a second class citizen...especially before they ever step foot on campus.  There is a reason these coaches have to recruit and recruit darn hard for these top kids.  BECAUSE IF WE DON'T LOVE THEM NOW, what the heck is their life going to be like for the next four years.  Athletes have egos just like you and I!  I am not going to go work at a place where they don't want me.  And if I have the opportunity to go to work with 5 top companies, I'm going to give first dibs on the one that REALLY wants and needs me.  Not someone who just thinks of me as an after-thought.

Amen Brotha!!
AKA: Snowflake  
Watch your thoughts; they become your words.
Watch your words; they become your actions.
Watch your actions; they become your habits.
Watch your habits; they become your character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny

Theolesnort

February 03, 2007, 08:48:03 am #111 Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 08:49:44 am by Theolesnort
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 31, 2007, 08:09:08 am
Quote from: Pig Floyd on January 31, 2007, 12:40:32 am
A 4.6 time won't cut it in the SEC as a running back (Look at Kenneth Darby), and I'm sure he won't be cool with being a fullback on the Hill...

The SEC is all about speed...different than the Pac 10 or the Big Ten...

USC utilized LenDale White to his full potential..and I'm sure they'll do the same with Green, he has the same body type.

What a friggin load here.  LenDale White ran all over Auburn and Arkansas.  Just because a coach can't recognize talent & doesn't know what to do with it doesn't mean the whole world shares the same stupidity.
Yep Biggis, that 4.6 quote is pure dogma. Just because something is said and it is repeated over and over does not make it truth. Lots of things go into making a good running back. One instance would be the hip movement where you make someone who is reaching to make a tackle only get a small piece of you, vision and timing. I don't want to be accused of heresy but as great as Dmac is I've seen several times when his timing and vision was off and he ran into the pile instead of veering off just a bit where he could have run forever with his great speed. Well Dmac is still young and he is still improving and no telling what his limits are but the same goes with Green who with his strength and size will carry his pads without slowing down very much and with some speed training that 40 time could also be improved. I am not the one seeing this it is Pete Carroll, Joe Pa and others. Our coach more than likely messed up.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

silvertip

Hey, Houston!! Listen up.

This thread has only been up here on our front page for about 82 hours total. An average of 44 people per hour are seeing Broderick talk about your lame recruiting of him, Kodi Burns, and other top Arkie kids.

At this rate, with 88 hours to go before the sorry results of your recruiting "efforts" are finalized---there might well be ANOTHER 3500 Hawg fans who have watch Mr. Green's report. And each of those will no doubt gripe to a few of their friends about it.

This, AFTER 14,000 fans had already voted to get rid of you & Frank in KTHV's on-line poll; and 67% of fans in KARK's on-line poll said you & Frank are THE problem.

Every hour, every day, Houston, another 44 Hawg fans are catching on to your "act." The clock is ticking. Can you hear it?

silvertip

bumpity bump. gotta keep it on the front page, for the thousands who haven't seen it.  WPS!!

BartIV

hoggystyle78

wirebender25

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 31, 2007, 04:02:52 am
I'm not a hugger at all...but I can understand why Green didn't get heavily pursued by Arkansas.

A 4.6 time won't cut it in the SEC as a running back (Look at Kenneth Darby), and I'm sure he won't be cool with being a fullback on the Hill...

USC utilized LenDale White to his full potential..and I'm sure they'll do the same with Green, he has the same body type.

I'm hearing he's going to Penn State though...

Same speed as Emmitt Smith. What quality does BG have that Emmitt possessed ? They both have great balance, vision and most important can move their hips which many speed demons can't do.

Until BG wins dancing with the stars.  You cannot put him in the same breath as ES.

TDHog

Quote from: the donger on January 15, 2007, 08:45:30 pm
Quote from: Salty Hog on January 15, 2007, 07:39:49 pm
Yep. The fence has a hole in it 2 miles wide.  The ship's taking on water and folks are jumping overboard left and right. The foundation is crumbling under the current administrations feet, and all they keep saying is "every thing will be just fine".  This truly sucks. It will take at least 5 years to recover.  :(
Yep, the fence has a hole in it as big as the one on the Texas border.

That is a foolish statement, Texas has so many D-1 projects that they turn down instate recruits, That is how we "Do so well in Texas".

silvertip

February 04, 2007, 11:38:11 am #121 Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 12:00:40 pm by silvertip
Good morning recruiting geeks.  Over 4000 reads of that video & still counting. WPS!!

Dances With Hogs

Boy, you need to study our recruiting before you post imfo.Very foolish.
Quote from: TDHog on February 04, 2007, 09:48:08 am
Quote from: the donger on January 15, 2007, 08:45:30 pm
Quote from: Salty Hog on January 15, 2007, 07:39:49 pm
Yep. The fence has a hole in it 2 miles wide.  The ship's taking on water and folks are jumping overboard left and right. The foundation is crumbling under the current administrations feet, and all they keep saying is "every thing will be just fine".  This truly sucks. It will take at least 5 years to recover.  :(
Yep, the fence has a hole in it as big as the one on the Texas border.

That is a foolish statement, Texas has so many D-1 projects that they turn down instate recruits, That is how we "Do so well in Texas".

Dances With Hogs

jkstock04

WOW.  Thats all I can say about that interview....WOW.  Are you kidding me?  Thats amazing.  How will that be spun? 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

silvertip

Oh, geez. I leave for a few hours, & y'all allow this to drop to the 2nd page!!

Whatever. All we need to convict HDN & his LAZY Murray State mafia, is for the TRUTH to be known.  WPS!!

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

silvertip

Quote from: hoghearted on February 04, 2007, 07:46:06 pm
sorry silver. we'll try to do better.

LOL. Thanks. I'm trying to give a shiite about the Super Bowl. But really, Hawgball is #1.

And the Heart & Soul, yea verily, the Lifeblood of Razorback football---has always been Arkie kids. HDN is losing them, and JFB thinks he's too damn good to worry about them.... WRONG!!

The death of the FrankenNutt monster, will be us Arkie peasants with our torches & pitchforks.  WPS & AMEN. (now, back to the Super Bowl)

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

hoggystyle78

silvertip

Way to bump, hoggystyle & hoghearted. I gotta go to bed, gotta get up at 5am. Hope y'all can keep this thread in front of the public eye.

I will sleep well, having won $500 by simply betting against another team that can't pass.

gopigsgo

Expect a message from the hill claiming that experts say BG is a dope dealer.

hoghearted

hoghearted

Well, add William Cole to the list of defectors.

2007 and 2008 could turn out to be really long, painful seasons.

longtimeHogfan

But, Hey...we're out recruiting Mississippi St.  How bad can it be?   :'(

bump
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

silvertip

Well, we're hangin' about 33rd right now, but we'll be sliding backwards before it's over.

ac360

This is an outrage!  Would someone please get this into the right hands at the University?  I can't believe we have top in state recruits who feel this way about the UofA program.  For God's Sake people - Wake Up !

silvertip

I'm not sure there are any "right hands" at the University.  :-[

hoggystyle78

Nashville Fan

February 05, 2007, 06:28:55 pm #139 Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 06:34:47 pm by Nashville Fan
I

BS... check out Shaun Alexander's 40 time. He's doing great in Seatle and did dam good in the SEC at AL. There are about a million other SEC backs with slower 40 times than 4.4.  Cadillac Williams' 40 times ranged from 4.5 to 4.7 during NFL combines. Do you need more to realize that it didn't have anything to do with BG's speed? No excuse for not recruiting this boy or any of the other top in-state recruits.
Pittman or Bust!

silvertip

Rivals has BG with a 4.57 40. Hillis had a 4.7  BG has similar receiving skills.

I really think the Nutt Bros are so obssessed with breakaway speed at RB, because that is what they count on for game-breakers. Since we lack "strikeability" in the passing game.

Think about it. Don't you hate it when our RBs get caught inside the 10 yard line? Because 3 points is as likely as 7, if they can't take it all the way.

HONDAHOG

Quote from: ceegar on January 15, 2007, 08:38:23 pm
i remember when i was elated to get an offer from the hogs even though it wasnt my first and that was a long long time ago.  if you really want to be a hog it shouldnt matter
Really you should talk to my brother who had 4 offers before the hogs even called him. He declined. He had went to the off season camps at the UofA. He was in contact with Danny Nutt his Junior yr. Won a State Championship. Declined.

silvertip

HONDAHOG

Quote from: silvertip on February 06, 2007, 01:25:37 am
Declined the other 4 offers, or declined the Hawgs?
Declined the Hogs and accepted at UCA then backed out and joined the military, then went back to UCA to go to school, was offered again, and decided to take another path.

waphill

Quote from: silvertip on February 05, 2007, 09:56:00 pm
Rivals has BG with a 4.57 40. Hillis had a 4.7  BG has similar receiving skills.

I really think the Nutt Bros are so obssessed with breakaway speed at RB, because that is what they count on for game-breakers. Since we lack "strikeability" in the passing game.

Think about it. Don't you hate it when our RBs get caught inside the 10 yard line? Because 3 points is as likely as 7, if they can't take it all the way.

With our special teams coach, 0 is as likely as 3.

hoggystyle78

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

silvertip

Quote from: waphill on February 06, 2007, 06:48:40 am
Quote from: silvertip on February 05, 2007, 09:56:00 pm

With our special teams coach, 0 is as likely as 3.

Seems last fall, we had a place kicker win the competetition for the spot, but Nutt wouldn't give him a schollie, so he left. Anyone remember that?

longtimeHogfan

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.