Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KY beat Troy by only 8 points at Rupp.Arkansas beat them by 25. Love it

Started by forrest city joe, December 16, 2017, 09:05:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Hogs win again.this time they beat Troy 88 to 63. these Hogs are for real folks.hogs have played a top 15 Strength of Schedule,and are 8 and 2.and looking to go 10 and 2,before sec play starts.beating OU gets bigger by the game.congrats to our players and coaches on another good win.I FREAKING LOVE IT! go Hogs.

greenEGnHAWGS

I was watching part of the Kentucky vs Va Tech game from a distance, and one of the announcers mentioned their 3 point shooting as the worst in the country...is that true? Or was there an obscure 3 point shooting stat that they were able to find? Again, I couldn't hear it very well, but regardless, they are NOT a very good shooting team as a whole.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

porkinsons disease

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 16, 2017, 09:05:57 pm
Hogs win again.this time they beat Troy 88 to 63. these Hogs are for real folks.hogs have played a top 15 Strength of Schedule,and are 8 and 2.and looking to go 10 and 2,before sec play starts.beating OU gets bigger by the game.congrats to our players and coaches on another good win.I FREAKING LOVE IT! go Hogs.
Beating OU looks huge these days
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

jchill

I am anxious for conference play. I really like our chances to compete for the SEC Title. Originally, I picked us third, but now seeing how Florida & UK are struggling, I feel very confident. I predict 14-4 or 15-3 for the Hogs.

rtr

Quote from: jchill on December 16, 2017, 10:28:42 pm
I am anxious for conference play. I really like our chances to compete for the SEC Title. Originally, I picked us third, but now seeing how Florida & UK are struggling, I feel very confident. I predict 14-4 or 15-3 for the Hogs.
I like.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Kentucky has really not looked that impressive. They had a close loss to Kansas which is helping them, but their SOS is 133, and they are not beating the brakes off of anybody, like we are, despite our #5 SOS. In my uneducated opinion, their ranking is based on name bias almost exclusively.

runich

Refs will beat us when we play Kentucky....possibly Florida too...

pigsooie1000

15-3 sounds like wildly high expectations. I think 12-6 is a number everyone should be satisfied with. below that, people might grumble but anything above 12 would be excellent

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Hawgzinbowlz

I like our chances in the conference if the defense travels well.

" GO HOGS "

TNhawgfan

KY is down right now, but A + M and bama are good. What use to be the West is loaded
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: pigsooie1000 on December 16, 2017, 11:52:17 pm
15-3 sounds like wildly high expectations. I think 12-6 is a number everyone should be satisfied with. below that, people might grumble but anything above 12 would be excellent

^^^  Balanced conference.  Nobody's winning 15 this year.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

popcornhog

WPS

WPS

popcornhog

Have you been able to make any games at the Bud this year, FCJ?

We could use 18,000 of you screaming against Tennessee. Love your enthusiasm.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: jchill on December 16, 2017, 10:28:42 pm

The thing about UK though is that they play a tough early schedule and get better with experience even if they're losing those early games.

Say what you will about Cal, but toughening up these young teams with early tests has worked out well. They tend to be at their best later in the season.
WPS

Breems

Just noticed Troy's 2nd-leading scorer and rebounder was out. Might explain why UK had a tougher time with them.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

HogsonHicks

Quote from: popcornhog on December 17, 2017, 09:45:19 am
The thing about UK though is that they play a tough early schedule and get better with experience even if they're losing those early games.

Say what you will about Cal, but toughening up these young teams with early tests has worked out well. They tend to be at their best later in the season.

Not this year. Other than Kansas, their schedule has been tissue soft.

99toLife

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on December 16, 2017, 11:43:02 pm
Kentucky has really not looked that impressive. They had a close loss to Kansas which is helping them, but their SOS is 133, and they are not beating the brakes off of anybody, like we are, despite our #5 SOS. In my uneducated opinion, their ranking is based on name bias almost exclusively.

I agree, Kentucky is riding the polls on the fact they are Kentucky.  They are less than impressive so far this year.

UKChamps

I expect a loss at BWA.  It's hard to overcome all the hack and claw that goes uncalled.  This team is still young and we likely won't know a lot about them till the SECT.  I expect losses to A&M, UF, UT, and possibly Mizzou as well.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: UKChamps on December 17, 2017, 02:28:18 pm
I expect a loss at BWA.  It's hard to overcome all the hack and claw that goes uncalled.  This team is still young and we likely won't know a lot about them till the SECT.  I expect losses to A&M, UF, UT, and possibly Mizzou as well.

B.S. the officials call ticky tack fouls on the hogs no matter where they play.

Breems

It's hard to overcome all the hack and claw that goes uncalled.

LOL @ a blue blood complaining about refs.

We'll beat you by being the better team.

The OTR

Joe I think you've lost a step.  Back in the day you could antagonize half the board after a win and the entire board after a loss.

zuko

I heard the same talk in Football when UofA took care of t he "cupcakes" early on but there was a pause in the accolades when they beat Carolina by 1 pt and the were supposed to be easy. Sure, they walloped  Troy because they were supposed to and Mike Anderson chose to let his players chew the bone as well as eat the meat when he let them run up the score. You can't underestimate Kentucky since Calipari knows when to turn it on a off so, he's better at it than Mike when it comes to controlling the score. Can't get too excited about beating the ass off of cupcakes and the proof is coming. When  the Hogs win something like a division or a playoff or something like that, I'll jump on board but until then, show me.

Breems

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on December 17, 2017, 03:38:42 pm
Joe I think you've lost a step.  Back in the day you could antagonize half the board after a win and the entire board after a loss.

The crowd he antagonizes isn't here this season.

WorfHog

Quote from: zuko on December 17, 2017, 03:42:09 pm
I heard the same talk in Football when UofA took care of t he "cupcakes" early on but there was a pause in the accolades when they beat Carolina by 1 pt and the were supposed to be easy. Sure, they walloped  Troy because they were supposed to and Mike Anderson chose to let his players chew the bone as well as eat the meat when he let them run up the score. You can't underestimate Kentucky since Calipari knows when to turn it on a off so, he's better at it than Mike when it comes to controlling the score. Can't get too excited about beating the ass off of cupcakes and the proof is coming. When  the Hogs win something like a division or a playoff or something like that, I'll jump on board but until then, show me.

The division or playoffs? What the hell are you on about?

zuko

Quote from: WorfHog on December 17, 2017, 03:55:51 pm
The division or playoffs? What the hell you are on about?
Well, aren't they in the SEC with two divisions and don't they have a playoff at the end to see who is the champ of the SEC or are you just trying to be nasty.

factchecker

Quote from: zuko on December 17, 2017, 04:12:33 pm
Well, aren't they in the SEC with two divisions and don't they have a playoff at the end to see who is the champ of the SEC or are you just trying to be nasty.

No divisions in SEC basketball
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Jborohog09

They haven't had divisions since 2011...

Fan701

Quote from: zuko on December 17, 2017, 03:42:09 pm
Division? Playoff? What is this guy even talking about.  Why isn't he just banned from the site?

Fan701

I can see you follow SEC basketball very, very closely.

Fan701

Quote from: popcornhog on December 17, 2017, 09:45:19 am

Tough early schedule?  What on earth are you talking about?  Other than Kansas, they haven't played any top competition yet at all.  And what early games (plural?) have they lost other than the one to Kansas?  I'll never understand why people post when they have no clue about what they're posting. I know Zuko does it just to be hated.

WorfHog

Quote from: Fan701 on December 17, 2017, 04:22:52 pm
Tough early schedule?  What on earth are you talking about?  Other than Kansas, they haven't played any top competition yet at all.  And what early games (plural?) have they lost other than the one to Kansas?  I'll never understand why people post when they have no clue about what they're posting. I know Zuko does it just to be hated.

Truth, UK's best win is over Utah State and Vermont. Vermont almost beat them.

popcornhog

Quote from: Fan701 on December 17, 2017, 04:22:52 pm

Touché. The KU game is the only one I've watched.

But they do seem to have a lot of big OOC matchups year in and year out and to be good at the end of the season.

That schedule does look weak though. VT is ok, Harvard's got some pretty bad losses, despite being better in recent years under Tommy Amaker. No other vaguely noteworthy games early.
WPS

Science Fiction Greg

Nothing more precious than pre-excuses.  I don't even let my elementary school kids get away with that.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Chorizo Hogriguez

Fan701

Quote from: popcornhog on December 17, 2017, 07:18:17 pm
Touché. The KU game is the only one I've watched.

But they do seem to have a lot of big OOC matchups year in and year out and to be good at the end of the season.

That schedule does look weak though. VT is ok, Harvard's got some pretty bad losses, despite being better in recent years under Tommy Amaker. No other vaguely noteworthy games early.

Yes.  You are right.  In other years they have had a tougher early schedule, but not this year.

Hawgzinbowlz

A good laugh for your credibility.

" GO HOGS "

JONAS

Quote from: pigsooie1000 on December 16, 2017, 11:52:17 pm

I will take another 12-6 finish in the SEC.

3of5-2

Quote from: runich on December 16, 2017, 11:49:49 pm
Refs will beat us when we play Kentucky....possibly Florida too...
This team doesn't need that excuse anymore.

HogBreath

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 16, 2017, 11:56:20 pm
not at the bud son
Get real, I've watched several games at the Bud where the visitor got the calls, sonny.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Philip Seaton

LSU beat Houston by 3, so does that mean LSU will beat Arkansas by 30 points?

azhog10

Quote from: Philip Seaton on December 18, 2017, 12:10:58 am
LSU beat Houston by 3, so does that mean LSU will beat Arkansas by 30 points?
LSU beat Houston at LSU. Not at Houston. Going on the road can't be compared to a home game.

hogsanity

Quote from: Breems on December 17, 2017, 03:51:51 pm
The crowd he antagonizes isn't here this season.

Actually we just know the pattern. Hogs beat a nobody, FCJ shows up with one of his " Love it " threads. Hogs lose or have a close game against a cup cake, FCJ is here with one of his " the refs hate us" threads, so we just ignore them.

Hogs are playing well, and will continue to do so on nights when the guards play well. Have a game where the guards are off, like Houston, and they will struggle to win. That is not specific to the Hogs either, college basketball is guard oriented, shut down a teams guards and you have a really good chance to win.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

NWAHog479

hog golf

I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

hogsanity

Quote from: hog golf on December 18, 2017, 09:52:54 am
I would take 12-6 right now. SEC is certainly looking up

I said 23-8 for the reg season, 12-6 sec would likely put us right on the #. 12-6 in this sec is not a bad record at all.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

UKChamps

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on December 17, 2017, 07:36:48 pm
Nothing more precious than pre-excuses.  I don't even let my elementary school kids get away with that.

Your "post-excuse" for losing 5 in a row to the Cats?  I'll hang up and listen...

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HogBreath on December 17, 2017, 09:26:03 pm
Get real, I've watched several games at the Bud where the visitor got the calls, sonny.
man I'm on your side, we get screwed a lot I'm just saying we aren't losing at home to those teams.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"