Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monday Races

Started by holeinthewall, January 15, 2018, 06:00:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

holeinthewall

January 15, 2018, 06:00:46 am Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:36:03 am by holeinthewall
1st race looks awful.    I guess by default the 9 based on those Remington ALW races.  But no works at Oaklawn   Best figures of the group though
Race 2. 8 looks good off the CD start  12 improved 2nd out and the this drop to state breds will be huge.  1st timers in this race 5,6,10 that I think could run 1st out.

3 Maiden races today.   Always a nice opportunity for a price on a 1st timer.

Russ22

My general read on 1st (take it as an big time amateur):
#12 Willow Ridge will use early speed to go to front, but doesn't have much late speed.

If I were picking a "Show" horse, I think I would go with 9 (Starstruck), 12 (Willow Ridge) or 11 (Nicky Numbers)

EDIT: I also think 8 (The Union Forever) needs a good look as well
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

jdelo77

Looks like there could be Prices ...the first few are tough ! I'll watch the tote board to determine
My betting ..

mckinneyhog5

If you twisted my arm and asked for a winner in the first I would say #8 Union Forever and then when you let go of my arm I would run away. On a another note Phul has been putting up some good horses with good prices early.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

jdelo77

The early double could pay if you can find a winner in either leg , and wheel all with that ...

jdelo77

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 15, 2018, 12:12:29 pm
If you twisted my arm and asked for a winner in the first I would say #8 Union Forever and then when you let go of my arm I would run away. On a another note Phul has been putting up some good horses with good prices early.

Fair observation lol

36RED

boxing (9-7-2-12) race 1 oak Monday

race looks :puke:

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

mckinneyhog5

showhimthewhip

QwackHog

Nice pick on the 9, had em all but him did the 5 instead, ouch.

jdelo77

7/2 ext box
2/5/7 tri box

showhimthewhip

race 3-
Win bet on 9

Pick 3
R3- 3,9,10
R4- 1,9
R5- 2,4,5

jdelo77

Russ22

jdelo77

Had the exacta for $1 as well ..

Russ22

Dillar Dog

$3 show on 9

Didn't wire to wire happening

The Hogfather

Quote from: jdelo77 on January 15, 2018, 02:47:46 pm
Had the exacta for $1 as well ..

Same here.  Thought the 1-9 was more likely, but threw the 12 in there.  Glad I did!

Dillar Dog

Want to bet 12 to show but can't make myself pull the trigger yet.

Someone tell me it's a bad idea

jdelo77

I'm not taking 3/2 on the 2 here ...I like the 5

Dillar Dog

Russ22

I like the 11 (Glamorized) in the 7th.

pigture perfect

How were/are the track conditions?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jdelo77

Well I'm going to hit the pick 4 , I just need a price in the last ...I also just got the exacta 15 times

HawgWild

Sounds like quite a haul. You had a $30 exacta? Congratulations.

Dillar Dog

jdelo77

Yeah I looked at the will pays and saw $8 bucks , I was obviously wrong but , still happy to cash !!!

husker71

Hell when I planned my retirement I thought for sure even from here I could bet Twin Spires  but I cant and every time I try it says access denied on this server.  Christ no Oaklawn betting for the 1st time since 1981. 

holeinthewall

I stuck to my show tickets made a little money.  Late P4 paid good for the prices that came in

And of course I handicap Gulfstream every day but haven't been playing it much on the P5 because it is either favorites or bombs that I don't have.  So yesterday I had what would have been a $54 ticket with the one singled in the last leg and  I would have hit it for $788..  Talk about being pissed off. 

jdelo77

I over played the pick 4 , I knew sassy sienna and mourinho were solid singles but I went all in the last leg when I should have went just a few deep ..I'll take the little bit of profit ...

holeinthewall

Quote from: jdelo77 on January 16, 2018, 07:40:20 pm
I over played the pick 4 , I knew sassy sienna and mourinho were solid singles but I went all in the last leg when I should have went just a few deep ..I'll take the little bit of profit ...

Many days that last race bring s a big price.  I'd rather be deep in that leg myself

jdelo77

Yeah I try to avoid the all button if possible but , it's nice to have a lot of coverage in the last leg of a pick 3/4 ...

showhimthewhip

Quote from: jdelo77 on January 16, 2018, 07:40:20 pm

I had the pick 4 as well.  Think I had a $9 ticket for the 0.50.  Turned some profit.  I played the same horses in my pick 5 and was booted in the 5th race.  Had I included the Take Charge Indy colt it would have been a good pay day. Oh well.  Live and learn I guess.