Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does this OL look interesting?

Started by Birminghog, June 24, 2017, 03:48:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Birminghog

I'm just a fan and don't know how this kid's skills compare to our other targets, but he's an Uncommon kid.  3-star. I work with his mom, and I have watched him grow up.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/06/hoover_ol_mike_maye_talks_recr.html
He was planning to commit to GA Tech, but they have started playing games with him recently. Right now he's looking hard at Duke. Just for personal reasons, I'd love to see him on the Hill if he's good enough.

oldfart

is josh floyd the coach there? i know he went to one of the big birmingham schools

Birminghog

Quote from: oldfart on June 24, 2017, 08:12:30 pm
is josh floyd the coach there? i know he went to one of the big birmingham schools
I think he's still at Hewitt-Trussville.

bennyl08

Quote from: Birminghog on June 24, 2017, 03:48:37 pm
I'm just a fan and don't know how this kid's skills compare to our other targets, but he's an Uncommon kid.  3-star. I work with his mom, and I have watched him grow up.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/06/hoover_ol_mike_maye_talks_recr.html
He was planning to commit to GA Tech, but they have started playing games with him recently. Right now he's looking hard at Duke. Just for personal reasons, I'd love to see him on the Hill if he's good enough.

He looks like a 3* player. Compared to other guys we've signed, he'd be starting off below them. However, he is relatively quick with his feet. So, with some big improvement in strength and technique, I wouldn't say that he would be destined to remain a backup here compared to other guys that we have signed.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse