Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gibson commits!

Started by ricepig, June 04, 2017, 03:25:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

logand02

logand02

Gibson, AJ Carter and Slade Bolden would be an unbelievable haul from LA. All are great with the ball. Bolden could be a Harvin type. Not saying he is that caliber just play everywhere. Carter is a beast and flipping him from UCLA might happen. 

ckhawgu

tophawg19

wonder what changed ? at first they were saying he wanted to take more visits ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

The_Iceman

tophawg19

4.73 -40 time ? is that correct ?

secneahog

He said, I realized on his ride home to Louisiana that he loved Arkansas.  Called Bielema and committed. 

No his 40 time isn't a 4.7.  Has Bret ever signed a rb that ran a 4.7?  Use your head ppl.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

King Kong

Quote from: secneahog on June 04, 2017, 05:54:27 pm
He said, I realized on his ride home to Louisiana that he loved Arkansas.  Called Bielema and committed. 

No his 40 time isn't a 4.7.  Has Bret ever signed a rb that ran a 4.7?  Use your head ppl.

At Wisconsin he signed John Clay who ran a 4.77 and Montee Ball ran a 4.66.

But clear nobody will fault him for than as both were fantastically productive.

Razorbax

You need to call him and tell him to change his hudl profile.

The_Iceman

RWIII wasn't a speedster by any means.

Razorbax

Not questioning the young man's abilities.....I personally think 40 times are overrated for running backs.
Quote from: The_Iceman on June 04, 2017, 06:33:44 pm
RWIII wasn't a speedster by any means.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 04, 2017, 05:29:56 pm
4.73 -40 time ? is that correct ?

I think someone on here reported Gibson ran a laser timed 4.73.  Maybe he unbelievable shifty.  Or maybe he has really good football speed.

Razorbax

If 4.73 is correct, let's hope for vision, fast 10-yard splits and cutting ability

tophawg19

Hmmm looks like the answer is yes. Yes he has , but they were bigger guys. Next question is was this laser timed ?

RME

Quote from: Razorbax on June 04, 2017, 06:46:37 pm
If 4.73 is correct, let's hope for vision, fast 10-yard splits and cutting ability

Watch his Hudl. Looks like he's got those to me.

This isn't directed at you, 'bax, but the obsession with RB 40 times is a little silly. Sure they need quickness and speed and it shows athleticism, but give me the three things you mentioned over a really fast dude who lacks in those areas. Give me 4-5 YPC with the potential for a big ripoff every now and then, even though he might get caught. You ain't gotta run a 4.4 to get 4-5 yards per touch.

Razorbax

I agree

Quote from: Razorbax on June 04, 2017, 06:43:34 pm
Not questioning the young man's abilities.....I personally think 40 times are overrated for running backs.

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on June 04, 2017, 06:53:19 pm

This isn't directed at you, 'bax, but the obsession with RB 40 times is a little silly. Sure they need quickness and speed and it shows athleticism, but give me the three things you mentioned over a really fast dude who lacks in those areas. Give me 4-5 YPC with the potential for a big ripoff every now and then, even though he might get caught. You ain't gotta run a 4.4 to get 4-5 yards per touch.

tophawg19

if you are small , you have to be faster than the LB's and DE's to be able to get outside . 4.7 is closer to what i'd expect from FB's and TE's . Either way the coaches liked what they saw enough to take him. so we wait and see how this young hog plays . He's a hog so I'm a fan

Razorbax

Lets hope for the exception and we get an E. Smith clone.
Quote from: tophawg19 on June 04, 2017, 07:01:14 pm
if you are small , you have to be faster than the LB's and DE's to be able to get outside . 4.7 is closer to what i'd expect from FB's and TE's . Either way the coaches liked what they saw enough to take him. so we wait and see how this young hog plays . He's a hog so I'm a fan

tophawg19

main thing is he has the heart of a Razorback

Razorbax

gotta be worth a few tenths of a second
Quote from: tophawg19 on June 04, 2017, 07:18:53 pm
main thing is he has the heart of a Razorback

tophawg19

good thing is , he can hide behind the big O-line guys .

je100

hawginbigd1

There is some validity to what you're saying when you have players that break the mold, because they play at a different speed with the pads on. However if you have ever had to draw up a defensive game plan against a burner v. Just a solid player. The burner stresses  and stretches your defense unlike an average to below average speed back.

Hollywood870

Film looks like a 4.7 guy. Unique running style though.

tophawg19

i guess i don't understand football anymore . our walk on fullback/LB Tyler Pennington is 5 -11 220 and runs a 4.7 with crazy stats can't even get a mid major offer because he was to small and slow ? but a 5-10 185+ RB  with a 4.73 gets major offers . Both are very good players . Glad we have both of them as hogs

Arthur pigby sellers.

4.73 laser time is like a 4.6 hand timed 40.  Plenty of outstanding RBs run similar times.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Razorbax on June 04, 2017, 07:05:13 pm
Lets hope for the exception and we get an E. Smith clone.
He would also need the Cowboys Oline of the early 90s!  Maybe best ever. 

sickboy

I'm cool with whoever Bielema recruits at RB. Guy know what he's doing.

smb

Quote from: sickboy on June 05, 2017, 12:15:34 am
THIS!
GeorgiaHOG

Hogwild

QuoteThe Arkansas Razorbacks picked up their sixth 2018 commitment and the first from Louisiana on Sunday.

Riverside running back Jeremy Gibson pledged to Arkansas via Twitter.

The 5-foot-11, 190-pounder is a solid all-around back with balance, which has helped him in the Rebels offense. He was named to the 2016 All-Metro Small Schools Football Team and was the second-ranked rusher in small schools in yardage with 955 on 162 carries in the regular season and 13 touchdowns.

Gibson has additional scholarship offers from Utah, Tulane, Troy, Purdue, Arizona State, Southern Miss, Kent State, Southeastern, Marshall, South Alabama,  Colorado State, McNeese State, Missouri, Louisiana-Lafayette, Texas Tech and Nicholls State.

theshiva

After watching Guice run right past our defense last year, speed may be a thing we're lacking tho. On both sides of the ball.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

Razorbax

Considering that line had only one hall of famer....I would disagree on the best ever. That argument would be similar to Jack Ham and Jack Lambert needing the great Steeler D-Line to be great.
Quote from: ChicoHog on June 04, 2017, 10:19:30 pm
He would also need the Cowboys Oline of the early 90s!  Maybe best ever. 

secneahog

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 04, 2017, 06:47:09 pm
Hmmm looks like the answer is yes. Yes he has , but they were bigger guys. Next question is was this laser timed ?

Ok,  tell me in five years has BB ever signed a rb that ran a 4.7?  Nope, it hasn't started now.   That was timed when he was a freshman in high school.  No way he runs that now.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Recruiting guy from LA or a media guy from LA said on twitter that Gibson is the best running back from LA in his class..

jgphillips3

He hits his top end quick, like AC did.  I'm sure he's a legit 4.5 guy but not going to be a burner.  AC always got caught from behind too.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on June 04, 2017, 10:14:40 pm
4.73 laser time is like a 4.6 hand timed 40.  Plenty of outstanding RBs run similar times.
all they gotta do is watch the HuDL. dude is legit. Fast. VERY agile. Whatever his top speed is, he reches it instantly even after lateral cuts. And he will truck you.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

scooby21322

Well, most of the time.  He's had a few misses too (Day and Evans come to mind). 

ricepig

Quote from: scooby21322 on June 05, 2017, 04:45:13 pm
Well, most of the time.  He's had a few misses too (Day and Evans come to mind). 
Day had two knee surgeries, hard to say he was a miss.

RME

Quote from: scooby21322 on June 05, 2017, 04:45:13 pm

I'll take the Alex Collins, Rawleigh Williams, Devwah Whaley, John Clay, Montee Ball, Melvin Gordon, and James Whites' of the world if it means having a couple "misses."

HawgTide

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on June 04, 2017, 10:14:40 pm

Lots of people don't get this. If he gets up to full speed quickly, is shifty with good vision he will do fine.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HawgTide on June 05, 2017, 10:11:56 pm
Lots of people don't get this. If he gets up to full speed quickly, is shifty with good vision he will do fine.
which is exactly what this kid does. full speed lateral cuts, high acceleration, and runs thru contact.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

SamBuckhart

Welcome to Arkansas, Mr. Gibson. I love it here too. WOOO PIG!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Pork Twain

There are a lot of great running backs throughout history that did not have sub 4.5 40's...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hawgmasta

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

hawgfan4life

A lot of variables goes into football players and a 4.7 laser time doesn't disqualify a player.  For starters, laser times are virtually always significantly slower.  Field conditions, atmospheric conditions, etc can greatly impact times.  I watched a legitimate 4.3 athlete run a 4.7 laser at a combine and a legitimate 4.5 athlete run a 4.8.  A lot of these fast forty guy's people drooling over play the game in pads much slower and some average forty guys play fast.

RME

Quote from: Pork Twain on June 06, 2017, 07:26:59 am
There are a lot of great running backs throughout history that did not have sub 4.5 40's...

I agree. That's what I was trying to convey in my post.

hawganatic

Yeah, say what you want about his game day coaching or his preparedness, but RB really isn't an area we can question him in.  His success speaks for itself in that area.