Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bubble

Started by thehill1414, February 22, 2018, 11:26:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thehill1414

Looking at the bubble, it is going to be very hard to keep us out of the tournament. One win will lock it up, but we have a good chance even going 0-4 the rest of the way (including SECT). I'm going to go ahead and say that if we lose out, we are in a play-in game in Dayton. That's the benefit of finishing with a very tough schedule.

jst01

No chance they get in losing out. The SEC's strength is overblown. Maybe 7 teams get in, likely 6.  So if the Hogs finish 8th in the SEC, they wont be one of those 6 or 7.

thehill1414

Fair enough, but I disagree. I think SEC gets 8, maybe 7 if things go south. We have a much better non-con than Miss St and LSU, so no chance those two pass us short of going on a huge run to end the season. We have much better resumes than every team around the cut line today, so I just think there is a decent shot of us hanging on by a thread if we were to lose out.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: jst01 on February 22, 2018, 11:32:32 am
No chance they get in losing out. The SEC's strength is overblown. Maybe 7 teams get in, likely 6.  So if the Hogs finish 8th in the SEC, they wont be one of those 6 or 7.

Ridiculous statement. Have you done the test of sitting down with pen and paper and filling 68 teams. No way you can do it with 6 SEC teams. People on here get tunnel vision, the fact is 68 teams have to play and when you start getting to the last 12 at large it is going to be impossible to leave out SEC 7 and most likely SEC 8.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.