Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema to Kansas State

Started by Razorback7, November 20, 2017, 02:22:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback7

I was listening to 97.1 sports animal out of Tulsa today. I heard Pat Jones talk about Bielema possibly going to K State to replace Bill Snyder. He sounded as if Snyder was going to hand pick his replacement. Anyone else hear anything about this?

IronMountainHog

TuckFexas81

Big hang up they have with this right now is that Snyder wants his Son to replace him.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: IronMountainHog on November 20, 2017, 02:26:11 pm
His pick is his son Sean.
That doesn't mean that's the schools pick. But I doubt if Bret gets it.

greenie

Quote from: Razorback7 on November 20, 2017, 02:22:58 pm
I was listening to 97.1 sports animal out of Tulsa today. I heard Pat Jones talk about Bielema possibly going to K State to replace Bill Snyder. He sounded as if Snyder was going to hand pick his replacement. Anyone else hear anything about this?

Haven't heard this, but I think it would be a good fit for Bret...not so sure Jen could stomach Manhattan.  Far more isolated than Fayetteville.

EastexHawg

Why would they want him?  Why would any team with a winning tradition want him?  What P5 program that is used to winning and going to bowl games hires a coach with is 1-6 in conference this year and 11-28 over five years?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 20, 2017, 02:29:09 pm
Why would they want him?  Why would any team with a winning tradition want him?  What P5 program that is used to winning and going to bowl games hires a coach with is 1-6 in conference this year and 11-28 over five years?

I think a lot of these "Bielema to XXXXXX" (fill in the blank) are wishful thinking so we don't have to pay the buyout.

Tusks

Has kansas state seen his record.  obviously Barry Alvarez ran the show at whisky and he ain't joining BB at KSU.  I don't think BB gets a P5 job until he can prove he can have an above .500 record without BA at some school somewhere.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Razorback7

Pat Jones said this is what he heard and that he wasn't sure he would pick his son.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Razorback7 on November 20, 2017, 02:22:58 pm
Take the worst sports talk host you know of and then put Pat Jones just below them. 

Seebs

I believe this news was shot down two weeks ago on this board. Pat Jones sounds like a carp's carp of bottom feeders.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

san1981

KSU is in a tough spot. Jim Levitt was the coach in waiting but as mentioned Bill Snyder wanted his son to get it. The admins have to balance if you listen to the guy who saved the football program twice and pick the best man for the job. Doesn't seem like each party wants to meet in the middle.

I'd watch out for Kansas. They are building a brand new stadium and need a big name hire. We know Bielema can rally the fan base and is very likable. Kansas is place where if you win 6-7 games every other year you have a job for life.

tolerati

Kansas might be a good place for Bielema.  I would like to see him get a second chance with another program.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

jcbville

Believe it or not some people are giving him some leeway in his current situation. Why? Because they think it might be more of an Arkansas problem, more so than a, he cant coach problem.

I joke a lot. But im being dead serious about this.

Cale

This thread is basically clickbait. The title is misleading and there's no actual link. It's just speculation.
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

EastexHawg

Quote from: jcbville on November 20, 2017, 03:32:40 pm
Believe it or not some people are giving him some leeway in his current situation. Why? Because they think it might be more of an Arkansas problem...

They might have a point if a couple of years before he got here...aw, forget it.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: san1981 on November 20, 2017, 03:29:21 pm
KSU is in a tough spot. Jim Levitt was the coach in waiting but as mentioned Bill Snyder wanted his son to get it. The admins have to balance if you listen to the guy who saved the football program twice and pick the best man for the job. Doesn't seem like each party wants to meet in the middle.

I'd watch out for Kansas. They are building a brand new stadium and need a big name hire. We know Bielema can rally the fan base and is very likable. Kansas is place where if you win 6-7 games every other year you have a job for life.

Good points.  I could see a compromise involving Bielema where Snyder would endorse a CBB hire if Bret promised to keep Sean on the staff and prep him to be Bret's successor.

jgphillips3

Quote from: jcbville on November 20, 2017, 03:32:40 pm
Believe it or not some people are giving him some leeway in his current situation. Why? Because they think it might be more of an Arkansas problem than he cant coach problem.

I joke a lot. But im being dead serious about this.

In all honesty, if you think about how tough the SEC West was when he took it and you don't look too closely at the in-game disasters, failure to prepare for teams like Toledo, Texas Tech, Coastal Carolina, et al, and you just go off record (3-9, 7-6, 8-5, 7-6, 4-8/5-7), you could be fooled into hiring him.  Also, if you ignore Nutt winning the West 3 times and Petrino having top ten and top five finishes, you can convince yourself Arkansas can't do better.  CBB is one of those guys who looks good so long as you don't get too close and look at the details.  Kind of like a pretty drag queen, he looks right from a distance and only when you are close enough to see the adam's apple, size 14 shoes and crotch bulge do you realize your mistake.

Soooie21

I am going to pick Nebraska, if the job comes open..back to the Big 10..

longpig

No way in hell the Purple Wizard hand picks a fat slob to be his successor.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Pigsrus

A Winning tradition - KSU had the worst Division 1 record of any school in the nation prior to Snyder getting there?  They know they are screwed when Old Ballz finally retires.  It is a reason why the administration had Levitt contracted as the head coach in waiting until it all blew up in their face last week when it was reported Snyder vetoed that move in favor of his son.  If I read it right they have to pay Levitt $3M if here were not announced as the head coach by Jan 2018.

Bielema would actually be a home run hire for KSU over the long haul.  They are about to return to shite again soon.

buldozer

Quote from: tolerati on November 20, 2017, 03:32:09 pm
Kansas might be a good place for Bielema.  I would like to see him get a second chance with another program.
X2

hawgon

Quote from: tolerati on November 20, 2017, 03:32:09 pm

That would be great for Arkansas but bad for Bert.  He needs a year or two off for his health, his family, and ultimately his coaching career.  If he just jumps straight into a new situation without taking time to reflect and recuperate, it won't end well.