Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Article in today's Demozette sports section says attendance at Miss St game

Started by HognotinMemphis, November 20, 2017, 12:55:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

was approx 35,000 at the beginning and somewhere around half of that at start of 2nd half. Wow. That has to be the lowest number of actual butts in seats ever...certainly for a SEC game in RRS. As for 2nd half butts in seats, that has to be a record low as well.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

RME

And people gripe about the turnout at Little Rock games.

Hell yeah I went there. Startin' this thread off with a bang.

NuttinItUp

Certainly not good.

Hope some excitement of a new coach gets some butts in seats next year after the expansion.

hawgon

Seebs

I think people complain about the accommodations at a LR game.  I know I do. Either way, bad product does not bring the fair weather fans which is what you need to sustain attendance.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Next1_04

Why are people surprised at this point? We post attendance threads like you cant believe what is happening then turn around and say a division 6 team can beat us. We know, its bad. Coach B is most likely gone. Don't be surprised if its empty Friday as well. OH MY GOD! ONLY 28,000!!! EMBARRASSING!!!

Well no shite.

_Hamlet_

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 20, 2017, 12:55:49 pm
was approx 35,000 at the beginning and somewhere around half of that at start of 2nd half. Wow. That has to be the lowest number of actual butts in seats ever...certainly for a SEC game in RRS. As for 2nd half butts in seats, that has to be a record low as well.

Butts don't pay, wallets do.

_Hamlet_

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 20, 2017, 12:56:54 pm

Me too, Q.

WalHog2018

Hey Q, if you want to play in Little Rock, why didn't you go to ULAR?

ricepig

So, their estimation of the crowd size is better than HV's? Who day they moonlight for, the DC Parks Service?? I said 40,000 + or - 5000, really no way of knowing outside of taking the scanner's totals.

RME

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on November 20, 2017, 01:01:11 pm
Me too, Q.

You Benton folks get the need for the LR game.

How dare they take make fun of the national shrine that is WMS.

PorkRinds

It would have been 5000 in Little Rock.

WalHog2018

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 20, 2017, 01:03:32 pm
You Benton folks get it.

How dare they take make fun of the national shrine that is WMS.
Hey Q, do they still tear your ticket at WMS? Or have they discovered that new fancy electronic scanning devise yet? Still got the troughs in the bathroom too?

Freebrd

I think I recall the Benton High versus Bryant High at War memorial had 34,000 this year

RME

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 20, 2017, 01:04:34 pm
Hey Q, do they still tear your ticket at WMS? Or have they discovered that new fancy electronic scanning devise yet? Still got the troughs in the bathroom too?

Not sure. Guess they could be devising a new way to check tickets.

WalHog2018

_Hamlet_

Quote from: Freebrd on November 20, 2017, 01:04:49 pm
I think I recall the Benton High versus Bryant High at War memorial had 34,000 this year

Sets the state record for largest crowd at a high school football game every year in the state of Arkansas.

Torqued pork

Pecos Hog

Looks to me like there were maybe only 10,000 in the stands before the end of the game.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Sivad

jgphillips3

If Bielema would announce it is his last game, I bet at least 10,000 more would show.

_Hamlet_

HotlantaHog

I was there. Tons of empty seats and a few sections empty.

Was a miserable day. Cold, light rain, wind of about 20-25 mph. Would have been some empty seats even if Hogs were playing well this year.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: slappy on November 20, 2017, 01:27:29 pm
Yes, it was wet, windy, and cold as balls
Balls are not cold. Based on their location in the human anatomy, they stay at a fairly constant temperature, which is fairly warm, by moving closer to and away from the groinal area and its vast blood supply, as needed to keep the constant temp, thanks to the unique tissue makeup of the scrotum.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

jvanhorn

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 20, 2017, 01:04:26 pm
It would have been 5000 in Little Rock.

So what's your point?  That people in Little Rock are smarter than people in Fayetteville?  LOL.

cjack

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 20, 2017, 01:22:56 pm
If Bielema would announce it is his last game, I bet at least 10,000 more would show.

I'll be at the next game Bielema isn't on the sidelines and not until then.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

cjack

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 20, 2017, 01:33:36 pm
Balls are not cold. Based on their location in the human anatomy, they stay at a fairly constant temperature, which is fairly warm, by moving closer to and away from the groinal area and its vast blood supply, as needed to keep the constant temp, thanks to the unique tissue makeup of the scrotum.

Shrinkage Jerry.....
Woooo Pig Soooie!

hobhog

BigK_HogHeaven

I was at the game for all 4 quarters.  It was freezing cold, windy, and rainy.  Wind chill was around 34 degrees and wind gusts near 40mph.  You can't expect many to stay in conditions like that, in addition to the horrible product Bielema has delivered this year. 

Hogwarrior

Quote from: Seebs on November 20, 2017, 12:59:59 pm
I think people complain about the accommodations at a LR game.  I know I do. Either way, bad product does not bring the fair weather fans which is what you need to sustain attendance.

Fair weather fan.  The most overused term on HV!  Define it for me.  Define an unfair weathered fan.  I'm just curious.  So are you saying a person who spent 4 or 5 years on that campus, graduated from there, has the sheepskin on the wall but only watch on TV meet your description?  I hate to tell you this but there are more Hog fans whose lives are not all thing Razorback because they have a life than those who go into a week long depression because they lose.  Who do you think are sitting in those sky boxes?  Those boxes are used for making nice with clients, brokering business deals and entertaining guest and some actually care what's happening on the field.  Are the ones who spend 10s of 1000s of dollars to broker those deals while basking in the luxury of their box fair weathered?  The use of the term is just ignorant!

wildturkey8

It is important for the next AD and HC to start bringing this state together.  That means barnstorming the four corners of the state and all areas in between.

Silver Hog

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 20, 2017, 02:37:18 pm
I was at the game for all 4 quarters.  It was freezing cold, windy, and rainy.  Wind chill was around 34 degrees and wind gusts near 40mph.  You can't expect many to stay in conditions like that, in addition to the horrible product Bielema has delivered this year. 

That is crap, Bobby's Liberty bowl was much colder and we stayed till the end of the win. It is all on the coach.

Mr Jade

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 20, 2017, 01:06:22 pm
you spelled device wrong

You do realize he was making fun of you for misspelling device in the original comment right? You misspelled it and he made a joke? Self-awareness is not your strong suit. Or awareness at all.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Mr Jade on November 20, 2017, 03:02:08 pm
You do realize he was making fun of you for misspelling device in the original comment right? You misspelled it and he made a joke? Self-awareness is not your strong suit. Or awareness at all.
Jade, it is beneath you to waste one of your 100 comments on this. They are precious to you so do not waste them on trivial matters.

cjack

Quote from: hobhog on November 20, 2017, 02:30:17 pm
They shrink?!

I don't know how people walk around with those things......

Yep, and we put up with it because it beats the alternative.  lol
Woooo Pig Soooie!

ricepig

Quote from: Silver Hog on November 20, 2017, 02:59:19 pm
That is crap, Bobby's Liberty bowl was much colder and we stayed till the end of the win. It is all on the coach.

Several left early.

Jimmy

I've tried to give my tickets away the last 2 games, with no luck.  And I live about 25 miles from DWRRS.  It has come to the point where the team is so bad, so inept, that it is not worth going to the trouble of going to game, just to be disappointed, at best, but more often simply embarrassed.  For the first time in my 20 odd years of being a season ticket holder, I am seriously considering cancelling, if BB is not fired.  A feeling of hopelessness is not what writing checks for tickets, donations, and parking should prompt. 

Pig in the Pokey

what a ridiculous false equivalency...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

MC_Hog

I was there & most people (including me) weren't prepared for the drizzle. It was cold, damp & the wind was bad. That's why some people were leaving during the game....no other reason. I stayed to the end but I was wet & cold.

fishes2000

There will be less people in stands if basketball team wins Thursday and plays North Carolina at same time as football

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 20, 2017, 03:10:50 pm
Jade, it is beneath you to waste one of your 100 comments on this. They are precious to you so do not waste them on trivial matters.

I love that you're so proud of your 20,000+ posts.  Almost as proud of when you scalped your Hog tickets back at the huge Arkansas v Alabama game back in 2010.

Golferhog

Wait until Friday with no students on campus and Thanksgiving weekend.  It'll be a Mizzou beat down in front on 20,000.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

RME

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 20, 2017, 08:42:49 pm
what a ridiculous false equivalency...

Isn't it?

Sad thing is that it gets used as an argument all the time.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hog13hog on November 20, 2017, 09:15:44 pm
I love that you're so proud of your 20,000+ posts.  Almost as proud of when you scalped your Hog tickets back at the huge Arkansas v Alabama game back in 2010.
I am never proud of anything. I am not prideful. But a good story sticks with you as I see mine did from 7 years ago. Glad you have recall of it.