Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marshall Henderson, all things

Started by jbcarol, January 27, 2013, 06:41:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on January 26, 2013, 09:15:47 pm
Marshall Henderson was thrown to floor on an inbound play by an Auburn freshman with six seconds to go and a tie game in Auburn Arena. Henderson hit both free throws and Auburn missed a desperation three attempt at the buzzer.

Henderson's 3-4 on FTs helped improve the Ole Miss team's 4-17 FT performance.

That was not the "War Eagle".
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hawgphish

jbcarol

No kidding. I thought the guy was going to lash out at Henderson.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

3kgthog

Is anyone surprised? I've only watched him one time and I could tell he was in need of a good elbow to the face.

TNhawgfan

I like where the old guy gets up out of his seat in the [CENSORED]. I bet that put the fear of God into Henderson. I'm sure Kennedy will have a serious talk with the young man about doing things the right way  ;) or maybe share a stiff drink with him
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hogimus Prime

Henderson's a punk and the Auburn fans are punks.  I'd bet not a single punch would get thrown if you let Henderson and the Auburn fans go at, well except that old man he'd put a beatdown on anyone not named Matlock.

jbcarol

Is that security or a recruit on an official visit now thinking Ole Miss?

kingofdequeen

bunch of punk ass kids talking darn to each other.  it's beautiful.

if mickelson had that kind of attitude he'd be unstoppable. 

elksnort

Quote from: kingofdequeen on January 27, 2013, 09:13:37 am
bunch of punk ass kids talking darn to each other.  it's beautiful.

if mickelson had that kind of attitude he'd be unstoppable. 
Don't know about 'unstoppable', but you make a very good point.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: elksnort on January 27, 2013, 09:20:35 am
Don't know about 'unstoppable', but you make a very good point.

he should get fouled every time.  but he's such a pud it looks like a flop half the time.

mean streak = dunks = trips to FT line.

elksnort

I'm from Jonesboro. I don't know the young man, but I really like when the local kids do well. But so far, he's a not so great Euro big man.

We need at least a senior Delvon Johnson or freaking someone who has a "pair" in the paint.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: elksnort on January 27, 2013, 09:33:09 am
I'm from Jonesboro. I don't know the young man, but I really like when the local kids do well. But so far, he's a not so great Euro big man.

We need at least a senior Delvon Johnson or freaking someone who has a "pair" in the paint.

with the 2 bigs coming in and Alandis getting eligible....beef is en route.

Smithian

Marshall Henderson shows up for road games.

elksnort

Quote from: Smithian on January 27, 2013, 09:55:21 am
Marshall Henderson shows up for road games.
Great point.  He's seems like a punk, but his "swagger" would be great for our team. 

pigzwillrise

Theres a difference between swagger and being a little punk b**** that acts childish and runs around like a wanna be thug

Dropkick

Breems

Wouldn't want him anywhere near my team. Letting your emotions get the best of you will ALWAYS come back to bite you.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Dogtown Donkey

That old man standing up was AWESOME.

Gramps don't play that.

Squints Pallaboarus

Black guy in white behind gramps gets me every time.   ;D

BallHog1

Our players can't win with our fans. If one of our players acted like this he'd be crucified on this board, yet its always what we need when someone else's players do something. The difference is that we are not winning and they are. I would not want our players acting like this, win or lose. He needs to be ground checked in the paint.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: knicho01 on January 27, 2013, 10:40:03 am

Didn't catch him.

He's loving it.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: BallHog1 on January 27, 2013, 11:20:11 am
Our players can't win with our fans. If one of our players acted like this he'd be crucified on this board, yet its always what we need when someone else's players do something. The difference is that we are not winning and they are. I would not want our players acting like this, win or lose. He needs to be ground checked in the paint.

I want our players to be mentally and physically tough and fiery, but I would never want them to act like that kid. Never.

BallHog1

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on January 27, 2013, 11:34:17 am
I want our players to be mentally and physically tough and fiery, but I would never want them to act like that kid. Never.
I agree. If I were an opposing player I would be sorely tempted to try to take advantage of his high emotions. By that I mean I'd screw with him till he blew up.

ThrillaHog

A coach grabbed him and gave him an earful after taunting the Auburn student section....

Maybe it wasn't the sportsmanlike thing to do, but I thought it was funny..

tigermania21

BigSexyHog

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 27, 2013, 07:40:29 am
Is anyone surprised? I've only watched him one time and I could tell he was in need of a good elbow to the face.

Not at all...  But yet we had a few dumb arse posters in the game thread the other day saying they wished he played for the hogs.... Just more proof that we really do have the dumbest fan base in all of sports.  His dad is a coach and he just let this worthless little punk show his arse and did nothing about it... His dad is probably a little worthless POS as well.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

BigSexyHog

Quote from: elksnort on January 27, 2013, 10:15:04 am
Great point.  He's seems like a punk, but his "swagger" would be great for our team. 

Swagger yes but not a worthless POS punk like Henderson is.  There is a big difference.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Pigs in Space

Easy to do that when you know those kids can't come out of the stands and kick your butt.....actually I guess they could have but they showed more class than Henderson. Maybe his team should make an NCAA tourney before he acts like he's king of the court.

Danny J

I want more of these things to happen. I want trash talking. I remember when the big O used to talk trash about opposing teams in interviews. What we were going to do to them. How he was going to dominate Shaq, etc....

I want coaches and players to speak with confidence and swagger.

A reporter asks: How do you think the game with Vandy is going to go?

Player: We are going to beat them badly. They are not a good team and we are.

This is sports. Fanatics trash talking to players and vice versa. I love it.

PonderinHog

Quote from: elksnort on January 27, 2013, 10:15:04 am
Take the gun, leave the hotdog...

jbcarol

QuoteAfter scoring 28 points to beat Tennessee 62-56 on Thursday, No. 23 Ole Miss' Marshall Henderson gave his patented scowl to the back of Bob Knight's head.
Hugh Kellenberger, Clarion-Ledger

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: ThrillaHog on January 27, 2013, 12:13:22 pm
A coach grabbed him and gave him an earful after taunting the Auburn student section....

Maybe it wasn't the sportsmanlike thing to do, but I thought it was funny..

That was hardly grabbing and definitely not an ear full. He was probably telling "Good Job, Thuggy McThuggerson"
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Danny J

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 27, 2013, 01:00:19 pm
Swagger yes but not a worthless POS punk like Henderson is.  There is a big difference.
YES!!! It is this hate ^^^^ that we have that makes it that much more sweet when he loses!! I love it and wish coaches would allow more of it.

jbcarol

Coach Gus Malzahn ‏@CoachGusMalzahn
Great atmosphere tonight in the student section! Tough loss. Keep fighting guys! #wareagle

https://twitter.com/CoachGusMalzahn

HoopS

If I played against Marshall, I'd probably get teched up at some point.  I'm gonna give him his props, he can play, but he's a punk.  Love his spring on his jump shot.  Wouldn't it be a shame if somebody accidentally cut him on it.

Hogfaniam

Precedent set.  I suspect a reprimand is coming from the sec office.

ScoresNewsVideoMore

Bess reprimanded by WAC for taunting Nevada fans

Associated Press | November 27, 2007HONOLULU -- The Western Athletic Conference has reprimanded Hawaii receiver Davone Bess for taunting fans after the Warriors' 28-26 victory at Nevada two weeks ago.Bess' status for Saturday night's game against Washington is not affected. The junior leads the 11th-ranked Warriors (11-0) with 96 catches for 1,164 yards.At the end of the game, Bess ran into the end zone and taunted Wolf Pack fans in the stands. WAC commissioner Karl Benson says Bess' actions clearly violated the league's sportsmanship code.Benson says any further actions may result in a one-game suspension
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

dhornjr1

Quote from: jbcarol on January 27, 2013, 05:44:19 pm

Coach Gus Malzahn ‏@CoachGusMalzahn
Great atmosphere tonight in the student section! Tough loss. Keep fighting guys! #wareagle

https://twitter.com/CoachGusMalzahn

What play is Malzahn calling there? ;)

Danny J

Quote from: Hogfaniam on January 28, 2013, 12:49:40 am
Precedent set.  I suspect a reprimand is coming from the sec office.

ScoresNewsVideoMore

Bess reprimanded by WAC for taunting Nevada fans

Associated Press | November 27, 2007HONOLULU -- The Western Athletic Conference has reprimanded Hawaii receiver Davone Bess for taunting fans after the Warriors' 28-26 victory at Nevada two weeks ago.Bess' status for Saturday night's game against Washington is not affected. The junior leads the 11th-ranked Warriors (11-0) with 96 catches for 1,164 yards.At the end of the game, Bess ran into the end zone and taunted Wolf Pack fans in the stands. WAC commissioner Karl Benson says Bess' actions clearly violated the league's sportsmanship code.Benson says any further actions may result in a one-game suspension
They are going to ruin sports....the politically correct ninnies.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on January 27, 2013, 11:33:18 am
Didn't catch him.

He's loving it.

I can't stop laughing at the kid with the Jewfro in the upper left. His bird flipping looks more like he's just really pumped.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: knicho01 on January 27, 2013, 10:40:03 am

"This is still the south.  I ain't sayin nothin.  Crazy crackers."
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Tim Harris

Quote from: dhornjr1 on January 28, 2013, 01:33:43 am
What play is Malzahn calling there? ;)

You beat me to it.....I'm thinking that one is for the half court hook shot.

kingofdequeen

can you imagine the crap henderson took from that crowd prior?

i mean, lets be real....those are a bunch of auburn twats.  I bet they had it all coming to them.

tigermania21

If Henderson and a Bear are in a fight don't worry about Henderson, Mike Anderson really needs to help the DAMN Bear !!!!!!

jkstock04

Not that it really makes it right but without a doubt I would bet they were taunting him and singling him out throughout the game.

Close your eyes and imagine this...the hogs are on the road in a tight game, one of our players gets to the free throw line and makes both to ice the game. Go ahead, you can open your eyes now, it was just a dream, that entire scenario.

To me, what looks REALLY dumb is losing teams/players who talk trash. We as hog fans have seen our fair share of this throughout the years and that is what I think looks pathetic. I'm ok win the trash talk if you can back it up. If you can't back it up THEN you are a punk.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

cosmodrum

I like the kid that glides in from the left side sporting double bird. It's like he did some sort of sideways douchebag moonwalk.
Go away, batin'

kingofdequeen

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 28, 2013, 09:22:18 am
I like the kid that glides in from the left side sporting double bird. It's like he did some sort of sideways douchebag moonwalk.

cosmodrum

LOL I was actually thinking of MC Hammer's typewriter move but wasn't sure how many would get it.

Go away, batin'

CollegeHog

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on January 27, 2013, 11:34:17 am
There is a fine line between fiery and overemotional... He's going to get a tech one game and it's going to cost his team.
-Dr. Mantis Tobaggan, MD

kingofdequeen

Joe Adams thinks you guys are a bunch of hatchet wounds.