Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Devwah Whaley...

Started by LCAPTP, November 19, 2016, 09:38:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LCAPTP

hawgdavis

RWIII is still the best back in the SEC IMHO and according to the stats. He will be a beast next year before he heads to the NFL

hawgdavis

DW will also be a beast but don't forget chained blue lightning Hammonds he is special

uncle bubs

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 19, 2016, 10:23:07 pm
RWIII is still the best back in the SEC IMHO and according to the stats. He will be a beast next year before he heads to the NFL
True Freshman. Got him locked in for 2 more seasons. 💪
God bless the Boston Mountains.

Hogfan46

Quote from: uncle bubs on November 20, 2016, 12:55:31 am
True Freshman. Got him locked in for 2 more seasons. 💪

RW3 is a true sophomore and can declare for the draft after next season if he chooses.

Jonteviosk

Questions:

We have AA next season 4 of 5 ol starters back. 2 great rbs

2. Is Jeremy Sprinkles coming back
3. Do we have any replacements for all the WRs we lose?
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

alohawg

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 19, 2016, 10:23:07 pm

I like him, but he's not the best, statistics or not.

- Leonard Fournette/Derrius Guice
- Damien Harris/Bo Scarbrough
- Nick Chubb/Sony Michel
- Trayveon Williams
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Arthur pigby sellers.

Quote from: Jonteviosk on November 20, 2016, 01:24:26 am
Questions:

We have AA next season 4 of 5 ol starters back. 2 great rbs

2. Is Jeremy Sprinkles coming back
3. Do we have any replacements for all the WRs we lose?
Sprinkle is and a senior and even if he wasn't he's too good to come back.
JC will be our number 1 receiver next year and could have an All SEC type year.  Behind him we have a lot of young talent that has only been kept off the field by the amazing group of upperclassmen. Deon Stewart as a redshirt freshman has caught several passes and looked good doing it. He's small and will likely be a slot receiver. Petteway has also caught several. Lots of talented true freshman were redshirted this year, and we will be signing some studs this winter that may see the field next year [Koilan Jackson]. Also don't be surprised to see TJ Hammond line up in the slot next year.
     It will be exciting to see and while I think we will take a step back. It will be a smaller one than most predict.

razorbackkid

Backfield should be amazing next season.  :razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

hawgdavis

Quote from: alohawg on November 20, 2016, 01:35:42 am

- Nick Chubb/Sony Michel
- Trayveon Williams

Chub can't get mentally over the injury like Knile Michelle is very good

Fournett has a very good OL

OL again for the Bama guys

Williams OL

I would compare RWIII with any of them straight up. What would he do behind any one of those lines. I think he would be head and shoulders better than any of them jmo. He is a big back with really good speed,always seems to fall forward and has real toughness mentality and physically.

ThisTeetsTaken

After Whaley gets a full year in the weight room and in the program in general he is going to be a beast.  Kid has a chance to be really special. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: alohawg on November 20, 2016, 01:35:42 am

- Nick Chubb/Sony Michel
- Trayveon Williams
meh, those guys aren't all that. Bunch of Hype, not much substance. I'll give you Derrius Guice. They rest, meh/

1   Rawleigh Williams III, RB   ARK   208   1209   5.8   72   11
2   Kamryn Pettway, RB   AUB   173   1106   6.4   64   7
3   Stanley Williams, RB   UK   146   1072   7.3   63   6
4   Damarea Crockett, RB   MIZ   153   1062   6.9   39   10
5   Ralph Webb, RB   VAN   208   1058   5.1   49   10
6   Benny Snell Jr., RB   UK   168   1006   6.0   48   12
7   Nick Fitzgerald, QB   MSST   163   985   6.0   74   12
8   Derrius Guice, RB   LSU   120   964   8.0   96   10
9   Trayveon Williams, RB   TA&M   137   956   7.0   89   7
10   Nick Chubb, RB   UGA   185   900   4.9   55   6
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

buldozer

Those are all good backs. If you look at the carries, RW has more carries than all but one of those guys and not a lot more yards than some. RW is as good as any one of them though IMO

younghog

STUD OF A BACK FOR SURE..

go HOGS
GO HOGS

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on November 20, 2016, 12:36:16 pm
JC will be our number 1 receiver next year and could have an All SEC type year.  Behind him we have a lot of young talent that has only been kept off the field by the amazing group of upperclassmen. Deon Stewart as a redshirt freshman has caught several passes and looked good doing it. He's small and will likely be a slot receiver. Petteway has also caught several. Lots of talented true freshman were redshirted this year, and we will be signing some studs this winter that may see the field next year [Koilan Jackson]. Also don't be surprised to see TJ Hammond line up in the slot next year.
     It will be exciting to see and while I think we will take a step back. It will be a smaller one than most predict.
commentators during the game Saturday said Sprinkle currently was the #5 NFL TE prospect for next draft, if he came back could he get up to top 3?...........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

GolfnHog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 21, 2016, 01:27:13 pm
commentators during the game Saturday said Sprinkle currently was the #5 NFL TE prospect for next draft, if he came back could he get up to top 3?...........

I suspect if he came back and played we'd get dinged for using a player that had no more eligibility left. He's a SR and had a RS shirt his first year if memory serves me correctly
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

DLUXHOG

Quote from: GolfnHog on November 21, 2016, 01:53:32 pm
I suspect if he came back and played we'd get dinged for using a player that had no more eligibility left. He's a SR and had a RS shirt his first year if memory serves me correctly
well, then he can't come back so its a moot point........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

311Hog

Saw O'Grady getting some PT for the first time (or first time i heard his named called).  I think we will be fine in the TE department next season.

Will be hard to replace Morgan's and Hatcher's leadership and consistency at the WR position but i think JC will definitely be the go to guy next year.

The_Iceman

Keep an eye on Jordan Jones at WR. We may not be as experienced, but we may be way faster at WR.

And yes, I can see TJ getting those end arounds and some quick outs in the slot. Percy Harvin type.

AugustaHog

Quote from: 311Hog on November 21, 2016, 02:01:11 pm
Saw O'Grady getting some PT for the first time (or first time i heard his named called).  I think we will be fine in the TE department next season.

Will be hard to replace Morgan's and Hatcher's leadership and consistency at the WR position but i think JC will definitely be the go to guy next year.
O'Grady, Gunter, and Cantrell all got catches last game.  Those guys plus Gragg and the JUCO transfer Patton should adequately fill the TE void.  Nobody's replacing Sprinkle, but we will be fine.  At WR, we will have a tough time replacing Hatcher and Morgan for sure.  Reed and Hollister (great production on coverage units by the way) haven't really given us a ton.  I expect Cornelius to take a big leadership role and be our go to guy.  He will be a stud for us again.  Stewart, Pettway, Jones, and hopefully Nance will be able to make an impact and take up some of the important plays.  Hammonds may be a big factor in the slot as well.  That will truly be our biggest question mark going into next year on the offensive side of the ball.  If we get solid production from the WRs, I think we are going to put up a ton of points again.  If the OL is improved, we could do some damage.  That likely hinges on Ragnow returning. 

Paul

we need to find ways of getting on the field, not only because he's a blazer but also to keep him happy. 

longpig

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 21, 2016, 01:27:13 pm

Doubtful he'll be the 5th drafted,1st to 3rd probably.  He's around 5th in receiving yards with several ahead of him (Engram) being tweeners but is a much more well rounded TE than most. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

PorkRinds

I think it's unfortunate that we've been forced to use Sprinkle as a blocker so much this year. He could have had a monster season if the OL was better.

LRHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 21, 2016, 03:05:32 pm
I think it's unfortunate that we've been forced to use Sprinkle as a blocker so much this year. He could have had a monster season if the OL was better.

Exactly. A smart team in the NFL will pick him up late and he'll do very well in the NFL, I believe.

Cure

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 21, 2016, 02:30:16 pm
Keep an eye on Jordan Jones at WR. We may not be as experienced, but we may be way faster at WR.

And yes, I can see TJ getting those end arounds and some quick outs in the slot. Percy Harvin type.
Jordan Jones is going to be a monster for Arkansas.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Cure on November 21, 2016, 03:26:43 pm
Jordan Jones is going to be a monster for Arkansas.

Glad he got to redshirt. Went back and watched some high school film, and he has a long stride. Super fast. Coaches raved about him this week in practice.

elksnort

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 20, 2016, 07:57:25 pm
After Whaley gets a full year in the weight room and in the program in general he is going to be a beast.  Kid has a chance to be really special. 
I am going to go all IronHog on you now. Let's not bulk Whaley up too much, thus losing speed.

elksnort

Quote from: Paul on November 21, 2016, 02:45:04 pm
we need to find ways of getting on the field, not only because he's a blazer but also to keep him happy. 
If TJ Hammonds can catch, then give him time at slot.

IronHog

Quote from: LRHawg on November 21, 2016, 03:20:28 pm
Exactly. A smart team in the NFL will pick him up late and he'll do very well in the NFL, I believe.

He blows up the combine and he can do much better than late rounds....

He's not the pure receiver of a player like Henry (great hips and hands) but he is a better overall athlete and football player.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

1highhog

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 20, 2016, 03:32:59 pm

Williams OL

I would compare RWIII with any of them straight up. What would he do behind any one of those lines. I think he would be head and shoulders better than any of them jmo. He is a big back with really good speed,always seems to fall forward and has real toughness mentality and physically.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.  Our RB tandem just this year was better than any in the SEC.  Think about what they did, (our rb's ) compared to those on other teams like the above poster did.  we had a terrible OL for our guys to run behind and R111 still leads the league and Whaley is just now hitting his stride.  Look at the OL's the other tandems have to run behind, they have great lines, but still can't compare.  And don't bring up the fact that the other teams were passing that much more because we done plenty of that because our OL was so bad we were forced to pass to try and stay within reach on the scoreboard.

IronHog

Quote from: elksnort on November 21, 2016, 05:13:45 pm
I am going to go all IronHog on you now. Let's not bulk Whaley up too much, thus losing speed.

Now you get it....

You can be Howard/Cobbs or McFadden/Jones.....

Speed kills.  Hit the home run

IronHog

Quote from: 1highhog on November 21, 2016, 05:28:29 pm
I agree with this wholeheartedly.  Our RB tandem just this year was better than any in the SEC.  Think about what they did, (our rb's ) compared to those on other teams like the above poster did.  we had a terrible OL for our guys to run behind and R111 still leads the league and Whaley is just now hitting his stride.  Look at the OL's the other tandems have to run behind, they have great lines, but still can't compare.  And don't bring up the fact that the other teams were passing that much more because we done plenty of that because our OL was so bad we were forced to pass to try and stay within reach on the scoreboard.

Fournette is as over hyped a player as we've seen since Reggie Bush......  he's a great back but just all-SEC quality overall.

Now Chubb was a freak of nature once a decade type back.  Hate he got injured.

Hogs have two fine upper tier SEC backs.  Gonna be fun seeing them run behind Gibson and Froholt next year......

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: elksnort on November 21, 2016, 05:14:56 pm
If TJ Hammonds can catch, then give him time at slot.

He needs to learn to stop slinging the ball around.

Jonteviosk

Keep one important thing in mind heading into next year besides what should hopefully be a strong o line and great skill players...Arkansas has the best qb in sec this year and he returns next year.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Jonteviosk on November 21, 2016, 09:10:59 pm
Keep one important thing in mind heading into next year besides what should hopefully be a strong o line and great skill players...Arkansas has the best qb in sec this year and he returns next year.
wish our schedule wasn't so brutal.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

daprospecta

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 20, 2016, 03:32:59 pm

Williams OL

Fournette is A.P. part deux.  He will be fun to watch in the NFL.

IronHog

Quote from: daprospecta on November 21, 2016, 10:20:08 pm

Not so much

311Hog

Quote from: daprospecta on November 21, 2016, 10:20:08 pm

he "could" be this, but something seems off about the guy.  I mean starting fights pre game, seems oft injured, in the "big games" hasn't really shown up.  Sure you can lay a good bit of this on the vanilla offense etc. but the guy is physically so gifted he reminds me of a RB Clowney.

Terryproy

The best is yet to come WooPig   :razorback: :razorback:

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 21, 2016, 10:00:38 pm
wish our schedule wasn't so brutal.
The East doesn't have any openings next year do they?  We would be on our way to Atlanta.