Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wilson transferring

Started by psycHOGlogist, March 15, 2017, 06:21:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

hawg1221

Well, that's what happens when you have such turmoil in a program.

hogsfan31

To be honest, it is just good to start over and fresh sometimes. We've got rid of the coach and most of the players have transferred, quit, or are graduating. Those that are staying are probably the ones worth keeping anyways.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: hogsfan31 on March 15, 2017, 06:41:41 pm
To be honest, it is just good to start over and fresh sometimes. We've got rid of the coach and most of the players have transferred, quit, or are graduating. Those that are staying are probably the ones worth keeping anyways.

It is always sad to lose someone with Wilson's talent, but it's possible that there could be an element of addition by subtraction here. Based on nothing more than observing the team during games, it did not appear that Wilson was beloved by her teammates. Could be totally wrong about that, but that was my take on the body language.

tophawg19

dang the new coach won't have 5 players left if they don't do something . . we may have to pay Geno money just to find a coach who can field a whole team. may have to go Juwanna Mann
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Scott7703

No way to spin this. Not good at all

Porked Tongue

Notice who she didn't thank.

psycHOGlogist

And Tim Gill, former coach in her AAU club and former head of Student Athlete Development for WBB, liked and retweeted it. I mean, I get it. But so tacky. 

Time for some bleach on this program.

Scott7703

Just wish she had waited for the new coach to be announced and give him a shot.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Does talent exodus make it harder to land top targets?  A coach like Neighbors might at first glance be interested thinking ok some pieces are there I can get back on track fairly quick but maybe now it's nit as attractive especially if more leave. Jimmy Dykes the gift that keeps on giving.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

BWS

I'm not sure If its already been said on here but 2018 recruit Mya Bhinhar has de-committed from Arkansas.

Ironhawg

So what happens if they don't have enough players to field a team next season?

psycHOGlogist

They will have enough players to field a team. Look at Ole Miss 4 years ago. Their coaching staff got fired for recruiting violations, and the next couple years their team was horrible. But they got some transfers and jucos and are in the WNIT this year after a season that includes wins over Tennessee, Auburn, UGA, and TAMU. It takes time, but we'll be okay in a couple years with the right coach.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: BWS on March 15, 2017, 11:25:58 pm
I'm not sure If its already been said on here but 2018 recruit Mya Bhinhar has de-committed from Arkansas.

Yup. That was pretty much inevitable.

https://twitter.com/OklahomaPWP/status/841749683571691521

psycHOGlogist

hogman64

I suppose  losing her potential hurts, losing her 28% shooting stat doesn't......

psycHOGlogist

ricepig

Quote from: Ironhawg on March 15, 2017, 11:40:21 pm

They'll get some sorority girls to fill out the roster.

hitman warrior23

Quote from: Scott7703 on March 15, 2017, 08:37:31 pm
Just wish she had waited for the new coach to be announced and give him or her  a shot.

AGREED!!

flippinhogmana

take it for what its worth (meaning you don't know me so you don't know if I have any idea of what I am talking about or not) but keep your powder dry on all this, including the coaching hire, Wilson's transfer, who is going to be here and who isn't.  Help is coming and coming right soon.  Just relax.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

beringer62

Hogtied85

Quote from: beringer62 on March 16, 2017, 09:57:08 pm
So happy to hear this!!

Wilson will not be granted a until the new coach is here and he/she will talk to her. Just standard procedure.

Jim Harris

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on March 16, 2017, 12:01:22 am
In not entirely unrelated news:

https://twitter.com/OklahomaPWP/status/837509028108505088

So Dykes basically hired an AAU coach to get some of this talent to come in?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

Quote from: ricepig on March 16, 2017, 09:10:40 am
They'll get some sorority girls to fill out the roster.

might boost attendance that way.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: Jim Harris on March 17, 2017, 10:06:51 am

Yes. That's exactly what happened.

hogman64

I notice with Dykes tweets he is now an expert men's basketball analyst .....he pretty much stopped his tweets the last month  or so he was  a coach but now he knows everything again.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Ironhawg on March 15, 2017, 11:40:21 pm

Hold tryouts and fill the roster with walk-ons and hit the recruiting trail HARD.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: Jim Harris on March 17, 2017, 10:06:51 am
I did not know where he came from when he was on the staff.  However, I did notice that he was more active on the bench with the players than any of the "real coaches".  Remember he was in one of the three non-coaching positions, but you would never know it from watching him in the huddles and on the bench.  I was really impressed with him.

Hogtied85

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on March 20, 2017, 07:59:48 am
I did not know where he came from when he was on the staff.  However, I did notice that he was more active on the bench with the players than any of the "real coaches".  Remember he was in one of the three non-coaching positions, but you would never know it from watching him in the huddles and on the bench.  I was really impressed with him.

So if we are hiring AAU coaches to bring talent in here something is wrong. Very wrong. I hope the new coach can talk Wilson into staying

riccoar

Wilson transfer should be denied until new coach is in place and has a chance to meet one on one with her.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on March 20, 2017, 07:59:48 am

Well, a) he knows a lot more about coaching women's hoops than any of the other men on the bench, and b) he was a man, and therefore not shushed as much.

Quote from: riccoar on March 20, 2017, 09:40:01 am
Wilson transfer should be denied until new coach is in place and has a chance to meet one on one with her.

That is the current situation. She has asked, and per her tweet, is waiting till the search is over to speak to other teams. At least that's how I interpreted it. 

logic